Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail (1809 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Party Agents With Money Cards In Ogun (Picture) / EFCC Arrests Woman With 18 Voter Cards In Kaduna, Vote Buyers (Photos) / Tinubu Recharge Cards In Arochukwu Market In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by ProsperChild: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2019
Having more than 5 SIM Cards in your name could land you in Jail
plustvafrica.com Apr 2, 2019 5:50 PM
NCC more than 5 SIM Cards in your name could land you in Jail
The Nigerian Communications Commission has disclosed that the sale and purchase of pre-registered SIM Cards is a punishable offence under law and as such 200 ctizens have been convicted for such.

Mr. Efosa Idehen the Director, Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement of the NCC made the disclosure in Enugu during a regional sensitisation workshop with stakeholders.

He described the release of pre-registered SIM cards as a national sabotage and shared that though all their attempts to curb selling of pre-registered SIM cards proved abortive previously, the Organization is currently working on a legal framework to criminalize the activity.

He further disclosed that it was unlawful for any single individual to register more than 5 SIM Cards in a name.

1 Like

Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by ikorodureporta: 7:10am On Apr 03, 2019
I have 5... & they serve specific groups. If need b I 'l get more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Blakjewelry(m): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2019
that means many Nigerians will go to jail na

1 Like

Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 03, 2019
No be today. Even mess dey land person for jail
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Nbote(m): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2019
Dey are mad... How is dis their business? Is dis what dey are supposed to b doing? Instead of going afta d Telecom companies who rip Nigerians off daily with their poor services and deductions.. If d ntwrks were function well as dey shld what would any of us b doing with multiple Sims?

2 Likes

Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 03, 2019
Abeg they should free us.. I have 5 MTN sims all for Ipulse Night plan not crime related.
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by mujahid777(m): 7:51am On Apr 03, 2019
And we are just hearing of this now
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Olachase(m): 9:35am On Apr 03, 2019
g
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by SarkinYarki: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2019
I have 5 sims to my name and they are all MTN
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by partnerbizz4: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2019
ProsperChild:
The Nigerian Communications Commission has disclosed that the sale and purchase of pre-registered SIM Cards is a punishable offence under law and as such 200 ctizens have been convicted for such.

Mr. Efosa Idehen the Director, Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement of the NCC made the disclosure in Enugu during a regional sensitisation workshop with stakeholders.

He described the release of pre-registered SIM cards as a national sabotage and shared that though all their attempts to curb selling of pre-registered SIM cards proved abortive previously, the Organization is currently working on a legal framework to criminalize the activity.

He further disclosed that it was unlawful for any single individual to register more than 5 SIM Cards in a name.

Source?

Which law says it's an offence to have more than 5 sims in your name?
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Femich18(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
ProsperChild:

Can you please give us your source?
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
Where can I turn myself in, guilty as charged embarassed

1 Like

Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Lanretoye(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
when to retrieve sim we go need police report,sworn affidavit,5 frequently dialed nos,national Id,waec cert,5 guarantors of which one must be a clergy,etc...even when the line is duely registered and the agent can identify me with the pic on their system.
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Xisnin(m): 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
Fake news.
Real news: Selling registered sim cards can land you in jail.
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
R2bees:
Abeg they should free us.. I have 5 MTN sims all for Ipulse Night plan not crime related.
Please tell me night plam for mtn
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
R2bees:
Please tell me night plan for mtn
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by BuhariAdvocate: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ask that idiot how many sim he have.Ncc most useless government agency. I'm expecting Buhari to sack this man after his inability to get mtn convicted. Very weak.
Re: Having More Than 5 SIM Cards In Your Name Could Land You In Jail by iluvdonjazzy: 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
It wouldn't work.

(1) (Reply)

The Strongest Men In Rivers Politics / Breaking: See How Many Votes The New Deputy Senate President Won With / The Good Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.