Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled (1875 Views)

APC Makes Us Swear By The Koran - Defector / It Is Either The Koran Or The Sword For Nigerians- Aliyu Gwarzo. / Patience Jonathan's Trip Home Is Canceled - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2010
He was never going to do it, he just wanted publicity but he never had the liver to actually do it since its not as if he is utterly insane.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/politics-white_house
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2010
The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islam philosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones claimed Thursday that he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near Ground Zero has agreed to move its controversial location.

However, Imam Rauf, the leader of the proposed center did not make a deal and has never talked to Pastor Terry Jones, Park51 officials tell Huffington Post, adding that they are open to all solutions and that the proposed Islamic cultural center is open to dialogue and reconciliation with the community in lower Manhattan.

Jones' plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan and several Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. They said his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strong recruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drew criticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslim world.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2010
some pastors really deserve to be whipped.imagine someone leaving his primary assignment of winning souls to start talking of burning the kuran in order to gain cheap publicity.as i was told he runs a very small church of 30.well he's got what he wanted
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Sep 10, 2010
kunrazer:

some pastors really deserve to be whipped.imagine someone leaving his primary assignment of winning souls to start talking of burning the kuran in order to gain cheap publicity.as i was told he runs a very small church of 30.well he's got what he wanted

A similar "pastor" burned bibles last year and the same media seemed to completely IGNORE that act. Why is this pastor to blame for the attention his act garnered? Think about it for a minute!
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 2:44am On Sep 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

A similar "pastor" burned bibles last year and the same media seemed to completely IGNORE that act. Why is this pastor to blame for the attention his act garnered? Think about it for a minute!

But the potential consequences of this man's burning stunt would be too far reaching for the media not to be all over it. Every one knows that when it comes to muslims, you dont mess with our religion!
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by EzeUche22(m): 3:12am On Sep 10, 2010
gadogado:

But the potential consequences of this man's burning stunt would be too far reaching for the media not to be all over it. Every one knows that when it comes to muslims, you dont mess with our religion!

This supposedly comes from a religion that supposedly preaches peace.

We Christians have been turning the other cheek for far too long. That is why I like the God of the Old Testament.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Mrnuel: 3:19am On Sep 10, 2010
The pastor said he only suspended the move but is reconsidering it after discovering that he was made to believe a lie. Well, i strongly believe his proposal has earned him what he had alway wanted - prominence.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by sweetguy10(m): 3:25am On Sep 10, 2010
The pastor is drunk . religious madness is worrying him too much , Just some days after the declaration of his planned Korans burning the usa flag in Afghanistan was burned with about a 100 protesters shouting "war on the christians" . The foolish pastor might have cause a big and global religious war . Drunk pastor seeking cheap publicity
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by EzeUche22(m): 3:27am On Sep 10, 2010
sweetguy10:

The pastor is drunk . religious madness is worrying him too much , Just some days after the declaration of his planned Korans burning the usa flag in Afghanistan was burned  with about a 100 protesters shouting "war on the christians" . The foolish pastor might have cause a big and global religious war . Drunk pastor seeking cheap publicity 

I am Catholic and he does not represent me.

Don't understand why SOME Muslims feel they have a monopoly on violence.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Eziachi: 3:27am On Sep 10, 2010
Happy days!!
I think our dear pastor has successfully had he own 15 minute of fame he seemed to crave for. This little few days of episode has thought those of Christedom that they had their own version of Taleban in their midst waiting to explode.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by EzeUche22(m): 3:28am On Sep 10, 2010
Eziachi:

Happy days!!
I think our dear pastor has successfully had he own 15 minute of fame he seemed to crave for. This little few days of episode has thought those of Christedom that they had their own version of Taleban in their midst waiting to explode.

You can't compare the two. Was he saying he was going to kill innocent Muslims, because of their faith? The answer is no.

Christian preaches peace and Islam. .  . Well I don't know but the people who practice Islam believe in violence.

As someone said previously, Muslims have been burning Bibles yet we Christians do not threaten them.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by bibiking1(m): 3:55am On Sep 10, 2010
what a darn shame! i had already bought me some big quranic books!,,,well guess i have to go at it alone then!
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Eziachi: 4:00am On Sep 10, 2010
EzeUche22:

You can't compare the two. Was he saying he was going to kill innocent Muslims, because of their faith? The answer is no.

Christian preaches peace and Islam. .  . Well I don't know but the people who practice Islam believe in violence.

As someone said previously, Muslims have been burning Bibles yet we Christians do not threaten them.
FAIR point! But remember that radical islam did not start overnight. Few years ago, who knew about suicide bombing based on religion? The Japanese invented it in the early 40s as the last ditch effort, out of desperation. Give it time, coke heads like Timothy Mcvey will be doing for Jesus.
But you got to duff your hat for the hypocrisy of moslems.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 10, 2010
Funny thing, we were just discussing this in my psychological class today. dude is a baztard. Selfish elffer who doersnt care abt how his attention seeking would affect other ppl all over the word. i.e American soldiers in iraq, Christians in retarded mus lim's community, even UF itself. News have been flying around that they attempt to bomb our stadium.

What sort of christian is this? What pastor wants national attention to sell his books, in doing so shifting people away from God?
Question the disciplines of Christianity?  If any hate crime occurs because of this, I want his azz arrested.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by EzeUche22(m): 4:04am On Sep 10, 2010
Eziachi:

FAIR point! But remember that radical islam did not start overnight. Few years ago, who knew about suicide bombing based on religion? The Japanese invented it in the early 40s as the last ditch effort, out of desperation. Give it time, coke heads like Timothy Mcvey will be doing for Jesus.

Radical Islam has been around for a while. It started with the Wahhabi movement that sprung up during the 18th century. This conservative aspect of Islam was an answer to the Islam that was practiced by the Ottoman Turks. Many of these radical Islamist get their inspiration from this "pure" form of Islam.

Christianity does not have that issue, because no Christian wants to set up a Theocracy. Jesus clearly separated politics from religion. Remember render onto Caesar what is his. . .
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by EzeUche22(m): 4:05am On Sep 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Funny thing, we were just discussing this in my psychological class today. dude is a baztard. Selfish elffer who doersnt care abt how his attention seeking would affect other ppl all over the word. i.e American soldiers in iraq, Christians in retarded mus lim's community, even UF itself. News have been flying around that they attempt to bomb our stadium.

What sort of christian is this? What pastor wants national attention to sell his books, in doing so shifting people away from God?
Question the disciplines of Christianity?  If any hate crime occurs because of this, I want his azz arrested.

Why should he be arrested? He is not killing innocent people. Muslims do the same to our Bibles yet you do not hear Christians threatening bloody murder. I don't think it is right to burn a Holy Book, but does that justify violence.

Especially when it is aimed at innocent Christians who live in other countries and not responsible for this mess?

You even have people burning the American flag in the U.S. under Freedom of Speech even though Americans do not play with their flags being burnt.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by chyz(m): 4:07am On Sep 10, 2010
Just be glad its over and now muslims cant have any public Bible burnings anymore to avoid hypocrisy which will lead to a actual Quran burning day.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 10, 2010
EzeUche22:

Why should he be arrested? He is not killing innocent people. Muslims do the same to our Bibles yet you do not hear Christians threatening bloody murder. I don't think it is right to burn a Holy Book, but does that justify violence.

Especially when it is aimed at innocent Christians who live in other countries and not responsible for this mess?

You even have people burning the American flag in the U.S. under Freedom of Speech even though Americans do not play with their flags being burnt.
Dude, like seriously tho, I dont care if the muslims burn the bible. What I care about is Christians burning Bible. Growing up in a Christian home, I've never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus used this hate method to reach out to the christian community. So what if muslims do the same ish, as a christian where has the bible ever justify violence with violence? This is supposedly a man of God, the person who leads people to the kingdom of God.

He should be arrested because he was an indirect factor. He knew his actions would cause an uproar. Even tho the law sees his action as a fundamental right, but still, he'll have the blood of innocent victims in his hands.

I guess another wrong intention makes this right in your world abi?
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Eziachi: 4:57am On Sep 10, 2010
EzeUche22:

Radical Islam has been around for a while. It started with the Wahhabi movement that sprung up during the 18th century. This conservative aspect of Islam was an answer to the Islam that was practiced by the Ottoman Turks. Many of these radical Islamist get their inspiration from this "pure" form of Islam.

Christianity does not have that issue, because no Christian wants to set up a Theocracy. Jesus clearly separated politics from religion. Remember render onto Caesar what is his. . .

I knew that radical Islam has been around for while, that is why I said to you that it didn’t start overnight but it use to be restricted to few nutcase mullah’s and their brain dead followers around their occupied mosques, with once in a while murderous intend action on Fridays.

I remember I my young days when you can take your family on holiday to Iran, Iraq, Syria and Palestine without any problems and your girls will be free with their swimming trunks, but not anymore in the so called 21st century.

Christendom has had it fair share of blood spill in the name of the lord too. Have you forgotten about the inquisition? The Catholic Church helped Hitler to become what he became and had their evil hands all over the last two world wars.
Once the pagan Romans hijacked Christianity at the end of the apostolic time in the first century, they committed terrible crimes in the name of the lord too.

The reason I am a Christian is that I wanted to serve a God that will fight for me and do the vengeance for me and not a god I will go and fight for or kill for. Caesar thing to Caesar is just referring to paying your taxes and nothing more than that.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by texazzpete(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2010
Eziachi:

The Catholic Church helped Hitler to become what he became and had their evil hands all over the last two world wars.

As a Catholic, i'm interested in your explanation for this statement above.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by chiketee(m): 11:40am On Sep 10, 2010
normally i would never support anything that would spark a religious war but enough is enough. who do these muslims think they are. do they think they are the only ones capable of violence. mtchewwwww. i have gotten my magnum and uzi ready, let me see how any bloody muslim will have the guts to attack me cos an idiot way over in america wants attention by burning korans
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Firefire(m): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2010
Jones had never invoked the mosque controversy as a reason for his planned protest. He cited his belief that the Quran is evil because it espouses something other than biblical truth and incites radical, violent behavior among Muslims.

But he said Thursday afternoon that he prayed about the decision and concluded that if the mosque was moved, it would be a sign from God to call off the Quran burning.

Jones' decision to call off the Quran burning was made after a firestorm of criticism from leaders around the world. The pope and several other Christian leaders were among those urging him to reconsider his plans, which generated a wave of anger among Muslims. In Afghanistan, hundreds of Afghans burned an American flag and chanted Death to the Christians to protest the planned Quran burning.

The pastor was not the only person to inject confusion into the debate over the New York mosque, which is planned to go up two blocks north of the trade center site

http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/u-s-pastor-reconsiders-cancelling-koran-burning-after-lied-to-by-n-y-imam-1.313111

I think why the Pastor want to burn the Quran is because of the ground Zero mosque controversies and his personal believe that the Qurans is evil because it espouses something other than biblical truth and incites radical, violent behavior among (RADICAL & SOME FANATICS/TERRORIST) Muslims.

In my own view. In as much as I belief the Pastor has liberty to do what he like. He should tread with caution becasue TERRORIST and SUCIDE mission will increase.

But Islam & follower of Mohamed should allow there Allah to fight and not always fight for themselve.

Shalom!
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by donyfrank: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2010
Generation of idol worshippers! Why are u so attached to objects? Fight to defend an object? By so doing worshipping it.
Dear, it shouldn't be so. Whether u burn a bible, koran or any other book has nothn to do with the message it contains or wil it defy anythn. If at all u all could see who u said u are fightn 4, u wil see dat he is laughing and wondering what this people is doing. This is what d jews, Romans did to the Martyrs. Thinkn by so doing they wil stop d message or d word. KNOW YE DAT D MESSAGE IS SPIRIT, it can take any form to express Its self. It is self-sustaining and everywhere. If all d so called holy book is exterminated today, will dat means there will be no message? Absolute no, rather if there is need to have another, the Message will use U to bring another refined letters. Without u the object won't exist and without d object u wil stil exist. Open up 2 God u will see dat u dont need it.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by blacksta(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2010
Ileke

are you not from gainsbrough or abi na gainsvillie - Are you attending the burnakoranday Event

Abeg make i tag along.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by dayokanu(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2010
Why does the world have to go up in flames if the pastor decides to burn Korans?

Does the same thing happen when bibles are burnt routinely in Saudi Arabia?

In India I read reports where Moslems went to kill a cow, An animal revered by Hindus.

The Ground zero ppl are exercising their right to build, why cant the pastor exercise his right to burn
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
blacksta:

Ileke

are you  not from gainsbrough or abi na gainsvillie  - Are you attending the burnakoranday Event 

Abeg make i tag along.
Ok, dear. Grab on to my Ileke if you dont want to get lost.

[s]What am I looking for going to that to that event. My mom keeps ever hr calling to make sure am alright because of this thing grin grin[/s]
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by safariman(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2010
@ dayokanu
In Isreal, slaughtered pigs are sometimes dumped in mosques
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
safariman:

@ dayokanu
In Isreal, slaughtered pigs are sometimes dumped in mosques

How old are you? undecided
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by safariman(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^^
Why you ask?
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by safariman(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
see below:
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3130324,00.html
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Eziachi: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2010
texazzpete:

As a Catholic, i'm interested in your explanation for this statement above.

No need explaning it to you, but I will recommend that you go and read up about POPE PIUS X11 or read about THE PUPPLE TRIANGLE. And that is just a tip of the iceberg.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by bawomolo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2010
martin luther is actually much more responsible for the rise of anti-semitism in germany than the catholic church.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Threatens ''Overwhelming Military Force'' Against Ivory Coast / A Nigerian Became First Black Member Of Parliament In Poland / Group Wants New State Created From Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.