Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled (1876 Views)

APC Makes Us Swear By The Koran - Defector / It Is Either The Koran Or The Sword For Nigerians- Aliyu Gwarzo. / Patience Jonathan's Trip Home Is Canceled - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
how can muslims burn the bible when they clearly believe it to be the word of God. In Islam, there are 5 revered books of God and furthermore, Islam accepts Jesus, Moses, Abraham etc as prophets and messengers of God who brought the word of God to forewarn and guide people. So Muslims cannot burn the bible.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^^^^ Read this. And Maybe "They are misguided moslems" would be your response.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html?cat=9

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

A school report of the incident, obtained by The Australian, says it happened late at night and involved three students and another two watching.

"The main perpetrator (a Year 7 student) urinated on the Holy Bible, tore some pages from the Holy Book and burnt them then finally spat on the Holy Book," the report says.
The second boy, from Year 9, "tore pages from the Holy Book and burnt them", while a third student, from Year 7, "tore pages from the Holy Bible and then he rolled it up like a cigarette and pretended to smoke it".

The boys come from a variety of ethnic Muslim backgrounds -- one is believed to be an Albanian/Malaysian, another Lebanese and another Indonesian.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T13VRV6C9G9MT8KJ2
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by bibiking1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2010
I would be having my own special Quran burning day tomorrow! Uhmmm, ,,,,it would be on youtube, so you all can see it!
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 11, 2010
^^^Spoken like a true Keyboard Chicken Warrior! grin

Atleast, the crazy Pastor had the balls to reveal his identity.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by philip0906(m): 12:45am On Sep 11, 2010
gadogado:

how can muslims burn the bible when they clearly believe it to be the word of God. In Islam, there are 5 revered books of God and furthermore, Islam accepts Jesus, Moses, Abraham etc as prophets and messengers of God who brought the word of God to forewarn and guide people. So Muslims cannot burn the bible.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by bawomolo(m): 1:25am On Sep 11, 2010
gadogado:

stop being delusional.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by keeptrying: 1:35am On Sep 11, 2010
gadogado:

angry angry angry
hypocrites.@gadogado or whatever
did you really read what you typed above before posting?
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 11, 2010

It is very hard to be objective in discussions like this, because almost every mind switch to "hypocrite mode"  and get carried away by sentiments  whenever the issue of violence is discussed w.r.t Islam or Christianity.

These two Abrahamic religions are full of crazies/extremists, and their's no limit to what they can do.  Both religions have caused so much pains and sorrows to humanity,,,, and no people have been more negatively affected by these two religions than Africans.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Becomrich0: 3:24am On Sep 11, 2010
Why would anyone want to burn other people religion view. People must have thier choice. We can not all believe the same.

I met a young muslim lady over here, who said she was ready to be a man second wife. she came here young. 6 years.

Govt should have no business in religion. It is not govt business, how many wives a man marries, is the man business. Islam did not bring multiple wives to africa, african already have multiple wives.

Look, over here people feel lesbian are cool. I sometime wonder how  they can accept lesbian but cant see why they find it funny when  two women would want to be with one man.

even  the founder of the redeemed church was married to more than one wife before he started. and he was not a muslim. so that should show you, african ,already had more than one wife. Obasanjo has more than one wife. And Obasanjo is not a muslim. he is a christain.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2010
there is nothing hypocritical about it. simply stating facts. Muslims believe in the bible as the true word of God, some muslims believe that the bible has been manipulated and its original revelation tampered with to suit certain political situations. Hence the many different interpretations/versions of the bible i.e: king James bible etc. Muslims call Jesus the prophet Isa, many muslims are called Isa. Muslims don't believe that Jesus is the son of God, thats the main dogmatic variance between the two sister faiths. Apart from that, Muslims and Christians beliefs are at the very least 70% compatible and identical i.e: the story of creationism, Noah's Ark, Solomon, David, Moses are all pretty much identical. This is why the trio, Islam, Christianity and Judaism are called the Abrahimic faiths coz they are the same thing with some differences in doctrine and practice.
If a muslim burns the bible then he's automatically an infidel or unbeliever because he has committed an abominable act. Muslims are taught about Jesus and his mother Mary and about his miracle birth. In the Quran, there is an entire verse dedicated to Mary called suratul Maryam, look up the translation and read it. I think problems come from ignorance (not realizing that you're following the same God) or focusing on the little differences instead if the similarities (thats human nature) Muslims believe that Prophet Muhammad is the seal of the holy prophets who brought the last book, prior to him, it was Jesus, moses with books like injeel, taurat, zabur etc.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2010
keeptrying:

angry angry angry
hypocrites.@gadogado or whatever
did you really read what you typed above before posting?

You're just ignorant and not learned thats why you're saying this. Maybe you don't know but the fact is, Islam and Christianity talk about the same issues and the stories have the same morals. Take it from me, someone who has been to both Quranic as well as Bible schools.
Islam is a very spiritual religion. You would need a great deal of time to study it and understand it before it makes sense to you. In my family alone, many were originally christians who converted to islam. There are more people converting to Islam than christianity by far. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. I pray you come to understand the gifts of Islam to humanity, its all about moderation and living a pious life.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by darkman200: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2010
The crappy Korans should have been burned, and the muscle flexing by these terror loving Islamists have been rewarded by the cancellation. It's time to show the Islamists that there is no monopoly of violence, people all over the world should start dealing with the Islamic fascists the way the jews deal with them- that is an eye for 10 eyes, the only language they understand is EXTREME BRUTE FORCE! I say phock them all! the terrorists!!!
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Olaolufred(m): 10:31am On Sep 11, 2010
Good that the Pastor heeded to the voice of reason.
I also commend him for that.

However, now that the burn Quran event is called off,
what will the extremist who burnt US flags do?
Will they bring those flags back or rewind the event?

Most Muslims are too aggressive though some are very reasonable and respectfull.

I urge our brothers in Islam that since we are living together on Earth, we must understand we share things in common.
We both have blood runing our veins. So, our life (Christian, Muslim,Pagan etc) is sacred.

We must work on our Temperament so that we shun all forms of aggression and blood-thirsty action.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Olaolufred(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2010
This Case is like this:

John: I will slap you Taoheed

Taoheed: you dare not try it

John: I will

Taoheed: You are dead if you tried it

(Then Taoheed pull out his pistol and short John at close range)

Now the case proceeded into a Police Station.

Police: Why did you kill the man?

Taoheed: I killed him because he said he would slap me.

Police: Had he slapped you?

Taoheed: No, I didn't want the slap,so I acted swiftly.

The Jurists should disect this case for us.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2010
Olaolufred:

Good that the Pastor heeded to the voice of reason.
I also commend him for that.

However, now that the burn Quran event is called off,
what will the extremist who burnt US flags do?
Will they bring those flags back or rewind the event?

Most Muslims are too aggressive though some are very reasonable and respectfull.

I urge our brothers in Islam that since we are living together on Earth, we must understand we share things in common.
We both have blood runing our veins. So, our life (Christian, Muslim,Pagan etc) is sacred.

We must work on our Temperament so that we shun all forms of aggression and blood-thirsty action.

Really? most muslims are agressive? really? with 1.5 billion muslims in the world, most are aggressive, by most, you're suggesting at least 60%, lets see, how many aggressive muslims do we have? 60% of 1.5 billion is 900 million, so there are 900 million aggressive muslims trying to kill you right? I know you get all your information from the media and you believe them as though they're speaking for God. But there comes a time where you have to at least attempt to stop being ignorant and open your mind up. Look at history, Christians have been the most violent ever, read about the crusades. Fool
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by vedaxcool(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2010
gadogado:

Really? most muslims are agressive? really? with 1.5 billion muslims in the world, most are aggressive, by most, you're suggesting at least 60%, lets see, how many aggressive muslims do we have? 60% of 1.5 billion is 900 million, so there are 900 million aggressive muslims trying to kill you right? I know you get all your information from the media and you believe them as though they're speaking for God. But there comes a time where you have to at least attempt to stop being ignorant and open your mind up. Look at history, Christians have been the most violent ever, read about the crusades. Fool

Word, I also complained of his Ignorance.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by philip0906(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2010
gadogado:

Easy 2 say. . .proofs man undecided
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by hakanai(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2010
The questions some fanatic christians should be asking themselves is if supporting such actions is being tolerant of you as a person or respectfull to your fellow man?
As much as you want to hate and believe that all muslims are wrong,i know you will do anything just to justify your actions.Includes the burning of the Quran and systematic methods to make muslims feel bad.Put yourself in a muslims shoe and ask yourself if you had to Burn a scripture you attach great significance too. ,if i should love you and thionk you have any thing good in your heart for me.In short i know some people around the world are caged and called extremist and fanatics.while there christian counter parts just do similar hating and call it a free world.
Understanding how people think and feel is pretty important to getting along with others.Christians are so quick to justify there action and always claim self defence.i hope this is one of them.So maybe you can shut up about your view abt loving others.reading must of the comments here you could see even at such a time nothing is happening in the USA,your hate for Islam is obvious.This are ways to make ISLAM look bad.InshaAllah all your efforts will fail like this one.It will take more than the burning and calling Islam evil to justify your erring ways.
When you call muslims hypocrates,look deep with in and check loses and damges inquired till date, i mean destruction!you could credit it to the western christians.What ever your views you have bad people as christians as muslims have some bad people too.
You could try as hard as you can but the truth is always up and above.A Bible survival tip from Jesus!
"Luke 19:27 (King James Version)"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
This is to the ignorant ones amongst you who say they prefer the old testiment violence.actually you can find it in the newer testiment too.IGNORANT FOOLS.maybe you should be asking yourself why muslims migrate to your countries to contribute to such countries.same time you send troops to ISLAMIC countries to plunder and kill civilians or support tyrants to enrich you nations.US crest weapons with bible vesres to kill civilians just like they ignorant muslim extremist would qoute verses to support why they should attack others.try checking that up too!

(Astaghifar)
Personally i condem violence and hope all the misguided muslims change there ways to embrace Islam truly.Giving due respect to others and life.For the record it will be Un-islamic to descreet the Bible. that is very clear! or Insult Jesus(PBUH).
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by philip0906(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^
My friend stop screaming.How many Christians have bombed,maimed and killed in d name of Religion?U r quoting a passage u don't understand.Even if we go by ur judgement,how many Christians have u seen "slaying" as d passage u quoted "says"?I invite u 2 this thread,pls come down here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511348.0.html
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by hakanai(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2010
@philip0906
USA and western campaign in Muslim countries and the numerous civilian caulties.Abi that doesn't count as humans!okay i forgot is self defence!also the bombings are not crude but surfisticated and a Government army againsts civilian population.with weapons crested in bible verses.Please enlighten me about the verses qouted.maybe you want to read the USA/Allied forces atrocites and the LORDs army in ugandas.then there doctorine before you talk further.try Wiki:leak for some truth and leave media out.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by philip0906(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^
what ur Imams prolly teach u in d mosque.But they fail 2 tell u guys y they kill themselves.In Pakistan,Somalia,Sudan,Afghanistan,Iraq,Iran,Indonesia e.t.c,they kill even their own citizens undecided Pls come over 2 dat thread I invited u 2,na
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by hakanai(m): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2010
@philip0906
funny i have not killed anyone after so long.my muslim friends and muslim family too wink.Only that you and your fellow christians are so eager to sing about it and hoping we do look like all killers and extremist.About My Imam and mosque, i love and respect well enough.the support and guidance got me this far Insha Allah.maybe you should attend the Koran burning pastor's church for a start.I believe he has all the guidance on love and tolerance, Dove church  christianity.Do i have to go all the way to your possible other misguided thread to be brain washed in too accepting your lies shocked.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by philip0906(m): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^
whatever. . .I have muslim friends 2 who I get down well with.But d truth remains dat Islam was/is/will be a violent religion.Its a universal truth wink
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by gadogado(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2010
philip or whatever. Please don't say that, hope you know that Islam is very close to christianity?? what is violence? where is the violence, you also dont understand Islam neither do you understand islamic jurisprudence, this is why you're coming to many foolish conclusions. What about:

Ezekiel 9:
5 As I listened, he said to the others, "Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. 6 Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple.

7 Then he said to them, "Defile the temple and fill the courts with the slain. Go!" So they went out and began killing throughout the city. 8 While they were killing and I was left alone, I fell facedown, crying out, "Ah, Sovereign LORD! Are you going to destroy the entire remnant of Israel in this outpouring of your wrath on Jerusalem?"
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by philip0906(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^
my man,stop quoting Bible passages u don't understand and talk reality.How many Christians kill,maim and destroy in d name of religion?
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by dayokanu(m): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2010
Gadogado,

What of Islamic countries that organise flags and effigies burning days? They even do it in Northern Nigeria regularly yet the world doesnt come to prostrate
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Olaolufred(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2010
@haka_nai

[b]funny i have not killed anyone after so long.my muslim friends and muslim family too .[/b]Only that you and your fellow christians are so eager to sing about it and hoping we do look like all killers and extremist.About My Imam and mosque, i love and respect well enough.the support and guidance got me this far Insha Allah.maybe you should attend the Koran burning pastor's church for a start.I believe he has all the guidance on love and tolerance, Dove church christianity.Do i have to go all the way to your possible other misguided thread to be brain washed in too accepting your lies .

Good to hear that you are not among the weird ones. Means you are among the non-violent southern Nigerian Muslim that the Northern Muslim called-Fake Muslim.
Why do they call them fake? Probably to them the southern Nigerian muslims are docile.

However, I commend you if what you said is true. I came out of Islam. And by Implication sorrounded by them. Since we are in South-West, we still leave as family. They can't be tempted to do me harm in the name of fighting for Allah, Neither would I do them harm in the name of Jesus.

If the world must know peace, some demonic belief that makes men fight for Immortal God must change.
Some commends that the killing by suicide bombings is right. While they keep thriving on the illiteracy that pervades among their dying saints.
A real pity.
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by Mariory(m): 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2010
Since this story has been linked to the proposed Muslim Cultural centre near ground zero then I would like to highlight this story for comparrison.

These days there is a heavy police presence in Bekasi, a fast-growing suburb about an hour outside the capital Jakarta.

Every Sunday, officers gather here and are given orders by their superiors to guard against any sign of violence.

For the last few weeks, a group of Christians have been holding their Sunday prayer services on an empty plot of land - resulting in violent clashes between them and the majority Muslims.

On Sunday, a church member was stabbed in what some are calling the latest example of religious intolerance. It's not clear who is behind the stabbing.

The Christians say the land belongs to them, and they were given permission by the local government to pray here.

The Muslims say that according to Indonesian law, the Christians need to get the approval of residents in the area before they can make the land a place of worship.

They have even put up signs warning what will happen if the Christians continue to pray here on Sundays.

˖ ˖ ˖

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11279317
Re: Burn The Koran Day Has Been Canceled by kingsambo: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2010
@philip I just wanted 2 say that, really really u re an hetic , u dnt knw anything, no future ambition, hw could u insult my school d way u did, or was it because u filty father could't afford, mumu u no get sense jare,commot 4 here madman goat, i dnt knw wat to say to u agin basterd,  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Denies Pact With Labour Party ! / Court Voids ‘ouster’clause In Electoral Act - Tribunal Can Declare Polls’ Winner / Arithmetic Of Fuel Subsidy: The truth about the lies revealed!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.