Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/south Over Ikpeazu's Victory (pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/south Over Ikpeazu's Victory (pics (710 Views)

55 Million Voters That Will Give Peter Obi Landslide Victory- Pics / Enugu State Governor Holds Thanksgiving For Election Victory (pics) / Aisha Buhari Dances To Celebrate Her Husband's Victory(pics/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/south Over Ikpeazu's Victory (pics by Igboblog: 8:34am On Apr 03, 2019
Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/South Over Ikpeazu's Victory (Photos)

Following the second term victory of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu in the just concluded governorship election in Abia State, Rt. Uzor Azubuike and Alex Ikwechegh have hosted the People's Democratic Party members in Aba North and Aba South for their support in seeing that Ikpeazu and other PDP candidates emerged victorious.

During the event which held at Aba Town Hall, Alex Ikwechegh, former Aba North Chairman, thanked PDP members for massively voting for Ikpeazu in the just concluded elections.

He described Ikpeazu as a kind man who never looked down on people and urged him to keep working hard for the people of Abia State.

According to him, " I want to thank PDP members here for putting up a good fight which made Ikpeazu to emerge victorious in the just concluded elections".

"I'm hopeful that Ikpeazu will do better in the next four years which he will govern this state again. He has many projects at hand and I know he will finish many of them before his tenure will elaspe ".

There was jubilations immediately he made a huge cash donation to the PDP members to celebrate Ikpeazu's victory and pledge to do more.

Speak during the event, Hon. Azubuike said PDP members were called together in order to remind them that they have  every reason to thank God because of the victory recorded by Ikpeazu and other PDP candidates in Abia State.

In his words,

"We are here today because it's not easy to do campaign without having anything fight, injury or recoding any death of PDP members."

"So it calls for celebration and most importantly, we had two trophies which we looked forward to getting. Remember, before the election, I told you people that if I win the House of Representatives seat but lose the governorship seat and presidential that we have lost everything because I don't know why anyone who is working hard like Ikpeazu should not be reelected.

"There is nothing that we will get in the House of Representatives seat that we will use to compensate our people that will be equal to that which we will get in the governorship seat ".

" But as it happens, we lost the House of Representatives seat but won the Governorship seat and that's the major thing. "

"Because in the office of the governor, we have various positions,  we have office of the Commissioners, Senior Special Assistants and Advisers".

"That offices will be protected and the ones of counselors, LGA Chairmen whether elected or through transitions and the offices in the market, trade union, they are all protected now ".

"If we lose everything and won that one, we have every reason to thank God".

"That is not to say that in the future, we shouldn't plan to do better because we still need to do better and regain the seats which we lost ".

"Some people said that they want to come and console me but I don't see any reason they should come to console me because as a person I didn't lose".

"From that day till today, I didn't lose and I don't think I will lose. We, as a state and as a people there is a setback but in nature there must always be set back ".

"But when there is setback, we should not remain there, we move on because some setback is more good things to come".

"I am aware that my colleague in the last election who contested and won died in the cause of celebrating his victory. So I have every reason to thank God because I didn't win and I'm alive ".

"I'm confident and I want to assure you that I lost the seat is not the end of life. The important thing is when there is life, there is hope. And what matters to us is to remember that we belong to a family which is PDP and it is the largest political party in the history of Africa ".

"What I want to advise our people is that future is more important than yesterday. It is today that will define tomorrow and let's begin today to work as a team today prepare for our future".

"Let us begin to hold our party and our party people together, let's us know that what makes party is not party membership but party faithfulness."

"We discovered that we have a multitude of party members but few party faithful. Unfortunately, in political system, people who suffer are those members who are not faithful."

"So this event is to thank God first for seeing us through, " he added.

Igbere TV reports that among the dignitaries that attended the event include,

Hon. Barr. Uzoh Azubuike
Chief Dr. MCMC Okoli
Chief Ifeanyi Ikwechegh
Hon. Emmanuel... (former chairman Aba South)

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/605068/alex-ikwechegh-uzor-azubuike-host-aba-north-south-over-ikpeazus-victory-photos/

Re: Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/south Over Ikpeazu's Victory (pics by MaiGemu: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2019
grin
Re: Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/south Over Ikpeazu's Victory (pics by LadySarah: 9:14am On Apr 03, 2019
Who is the biracial guy there?
Re: Alex Ikwechegh, Uzor Azubuike, Host Aba North/south Over Ikpeazu's Victory (pics by AmadiAba: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2019
Nice

(1) (Reply)

National Grid Collapses Again / Atiku To Present DNA Test To Appeal Challenging Buhari To Do Same If Truly He Is / Pensioner Commits Suicide In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.