Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,965 members, 7,821,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno (34978 Views)

Nigeria & Netherlands Sign Agreement For Establishment Of Solar Panel Factory / President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria / Africa’s Largest Solar Panel Factory Established In Borno By The APC VP Cand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by baratech: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
Okay o....
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by NinjaMetahuman: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Why is their IGR so low, abegi
They are all failures like their southern counterparts

boko haram

north east is just rebuilding

north west is ahead of south east in Igr
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by festacman(m): 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
Jiang:

Don't worry, d next governor is a no nonsense man & this project is both government & private collaboration
Happy to hear this. Excellent!
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Neoviper147: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
They should take safety serious. Long flying dresses are not allowed where you have machines with rolling parts.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by CodeTemplar: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
seunfly:
Honestly I admire northern governors in every aspect except education sector. Our leaders down south will only blame one northerner, religion or political party for their failures yet we the so called educated followers will keep on voting for failure because we hate the people in other party.
Oga the southern leaders aren't entirely to blame here.
Imagine a case were a southern state generating power via the gas in their backyard are forced to transmit it all the way to northerners just to carry them along. It is that bad.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by adecz: 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
Boko Haram leaders right now..... cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by wanger50(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
Agugbadin:

Good initiative but he got more money than many governors in this country via northeast development commission even so much money from foreign donors. Nigerians would have been suprised if he did not show workings for the huge amount of money he received
But what's happening with our huge 13%derivation that has been there since 1999?Those guys are simply more honest
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by nextstep(m): 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
gift01:
They should not rely only on 300watts. Produce 250w and 200w. Also make your pricing very reasonable

Good point. But don't forget there are additional costs in retooling equipment, supplies, and even packaging to create a variety of panels. I would rather see them concentrate on one panel type. If they can flood the market with a standard 300W at reasonable prices, it would be a good thing to standardize solar.

Let's hope the factory is still running 10 months from now.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Koolking(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
2fine2fast:
Very good development.
This Shettima is my own best
governor in Nigeria. You need to
see all the progress made in Borno
despite all the unrest happening there.

This is was a state ravaged by Boko Haram insurgence for years. The govt of the statement is rebuilding world class infrastructure. See below world view primary and secondary school buildings.

My Southern and Eastern brothers have been radicalized into penury considering the huge monthly allocation and oil derivations to the region. Yet the region is just a big village. Clutching on to monster leaders who serve the people crumbs

2 Likes

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by EvE11(f): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
This is a really good development. I gets me thinking of all the resources in the north that can be harnessed to bring them to par with the rest of the regions..Good one there!
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by mvem(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
Bolowolowo:

There is nothing to admire about them. They lack in healthcare, infrastructure and nearly every other sector. Majority of our poor rankings in development indices is mostly attributed to the North.

But after all, there is nothing to be admired about any Nigerian politician...
...come maiduguri and see modern structures,they have started putting resources in that. In terms of healthcare, the teaching hospital in Yola, in Maiduguri (UMTH), kaduna, sokoto etc are one of the best in the country . This is fact,ask people that are well informed
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by sweetrace(f): 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
dfrost:

Yes ooo. Surprised?

I am puzzled. Has Boko Haram stopped with the bombing and kidnapping? Is this not a product of western education? Will they not bomb it and kidnap the employees?
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by mvem(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
Koolking:

This is was a state ravaged by Boko Haram insurgence for years. The govt of the statement is rebuilding world class infrastructure. See below world view primary and secondary school buildings.

My Southern and Eastern brothers have been radicalized into penury considering the huge monthly allocation and oil derivations to the region. Yet the region is just a big village. Clutching on to monster leaders who serve the people crumbs
...yeah people hear Boko Haram and thinks the whole state is a war zone... They don't realize it's relatively peaceful. Come to the University(University of Maiduguri) and you will be surprised to see the number of southerners there. Not to talk about the number of people trooping into Maiduguri in search of NGO works. It still remain one the biggest commercial city in the Northeast zone, one of the reason is because of its borders with multiple countries. Before the Boko Haram menace a lot of igbo business men were here and also Yoruba with others from different part of the country doing there business . Boko Haram did pursue many but many are back again doing there businesses. There is relative peace with most problems coming from Local governments. It has a big fish market, most carton of fishes that is brought to the south is fished in lake Chad... Though Boko Haram has affected the business... It's not really the way people paint maiduguri or Borno that is reality on ground

1 Like

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by missCAPS: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
I think this is the most interesting news I've read today! If this can happen more often, we'll go far within few years as a country.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Blazebond(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
seunfly:
Honestly I admire northern governors in every aspect except education sector. Our leaders down south will only blame one northerner, religion or political party for their failures yet we the so called educated followers will keep on voting for failure because we hate the people in other party.

Oya take style reanalyze your post and tell me of what good is all this so-called factories without education, education is KEY,it is the real development that will take the north out of the stone-age,they are building all this factories to be run by arabs and other expatriates while they relegate their own people to mere gatemen and cheap labour.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by vicdonzy(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
Boko boys will soon take over
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by bluefilm: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Mahgjons(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
Honestly speaking, if I will have the opportunity of seeing, congratulating and praying for a leader, it will be Gov. Kashim Shettima. He is factually a challenge to most Nigerian ruling governors. I wonder if they even see that as a challenge.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by SmartMen: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Why is their IGR so low, abegi
They are all failures like their southern counterparts

they will get there. They are waking up already.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by mechanics(m): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by tribalistseun: 5:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
seunfly:
stop fooling yourself.

What's their IGR like? If Holland can have 10% of the whole North don't you know they will feed the whole world comfortably.

Just because of one solar factory your Yoruba govs are instantly useless. Na wa for you yolobads o
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by heybeemoney(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Boko go let am stay??

...but these borno people go dey geh job anyhow-o. with the amnt of vacancies from ngo wey we dey see there too
come n join us....
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by seunfly: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
@ tribalistseun, @ Blazebond, @ Bolowolowo, @staffofOrayan.

It's is funny as we southerner still have prejudice about North and I'm sure many of you have not been to norther part of Nigeria b4, in terms of infrastructures, they are far ahead of South. Funny things is that many who find their ways to the north will blame past military government for it those infrastructures not knowing that 80% of those infrastructures was done by civilian governors while our own governors were busy stealing money and blaming federal government for their own failure. Let's take Kano for example, Kwakwaso did a very good Job turning the face of Kano around while Ganduje also added to it. I v been to Gombe, Jigawa, Bauchi, Katsina, Sokoto and I can tell you no state can match them in terms of infrastructure Viv a Viv their monthly allocation/ size yet many of the southern part especially southsouth that collect huge allocation has little to show for it. Some of you claimed that their IGR is low therfore they are not performing, this makes me laugh because they still manage to outperform the so called high IGR state and for reference sake, your IGR income thus not prove your performance, it is just what your state generates.
Lastly somebody claimed education is the key, yes it is the key but I only fault them for not doing anything serious to encourage their children to school but they are far better than most southern states in terms of education investment apart from Rivers state which was done during Ameachi's term, I know all this things because I was once a consultant to MDGs.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
My dear brother I have no prejudice
They are all as useless as they come
But the North is a casestudy on how not to govern a state.
How you ask?
Let's start with the definition of a 'state'
"..a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government"

How many Northern states can even boast of being organized and under one government?

Boko Haram is the failures of the North staring you in the face. Large stretch of land overtaken by bandits who are just jobless youths and products of lawlessness.

I have listened to Emir Sanusi a few times and he talks a really good game but Sokoto is the poorest state in Nigeria for decades now.

seunfly:
@ tribalistseun, @ Blazebond, @ Bolowolowo, @staffofOrayan.

It's is funny as we southerner still have prejudice about North and I'm sure many of you have not been to norther part of Nigeria b4, in terms of infrastructures, they are far ahead of South. Funny things is that many who find their ways to the north will blame past military government for it those infrastructures not knowing that 80% of those infrastructures was done by civilian governors while our own governors were busy stealing money and blaming federal government for their own failure. Let's take Kano for example, Kwakwaso did a very good Job turning the face of Kano around while Ganduje also added to it. I v been to Gombe, Jigawa, Bauchi, Katsina, Sokoto and I can tell you no state can match them in terms of infrastructure Viv a Viv their monthly allocation/ size yet many of the southern part especially southsouth that collect huge allocation has little to show for it. Some of you claimed that their IGR is low therfore they are not performing, this makes me laugh because they still manage to outperform the so called high IGR state and for reference sake, your IGR income thus not prove your performance, it is just what your state generates.
Lastly somebody claimed education is the key, yes it is the key but I only fault them for not doing anything serious to encourage their children to school but they are far better than most southern states in terms of education investment apart from Rivers state which was done during Ameachi's term, I know all this things because I was once a consultant to MDGs.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by BrokenCock: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Great!!!now time for Bauchi n Gombe to start making batteries!! Lead dey waste for that land!
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by lawani: 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
Very good development
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by lawani: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
Christianlouis:
Where is the solar panel now. What kind of useless post is this. I'm seeing only plant yet they said it is solar panel.
A plant to produce solar panels.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by joinnow: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hope its German Brand PHOCOS with MPPT
Solar Inverter cos the sun there fit reset China made inverter brainbox.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Abdhool(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
And those bulbs ure seeing are powered by generator...Naija too dey deceive
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by pafek(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
seunfly:

Edited for those who raised issues about what I wrote up here.

@ tribalistseun, @ Blazebond, @ Bolowolowo, @staffofOrayan and others.

It's is funny as we southerner still have prejudice about North and I'm sure many of you have not been to Northern part of Nigeria b4, in terms of infrastructures, they are far ahead of South. Funny things is that many who find their ways to the north will blame past military government for those infrastructures not knowing that 80% of those infrastructures was done by civilian governors while our own governors were busy stealing money and blaming federal government for their own failure. Let's take Kano for example, Kwakwaso did a very good Job turning the face of Kano around while Ganduje also added to it, kastina's infrastructure was done by Yaradua while other added to it. I v been to Gombe, Jigawa, Bauchi, Katsina, Sokoto and I can tell you no state can match them in terms of infrastructure Viz a Viz their monthly allocation/geographical size yet many of the southern part especially southsouth that collects huge allocation has little to show for it. Some of you claimed that their IGR is low therfore they are not performing, this makes me laugh because they still manage to outperform the so called high IGR state and for reference sake, your IGR income does not prove your performance, it is just what your state generates.
Lastly somebody claimed education is the key, yes it is the key but I only fault them for not doing anything serious to encourage their children to school but they are far better than most southern states in terms of education investment apart from Rivers state which was done during Ameachi's term, check average school in the north and compare it with average school in south, you will see the difference. If not for success, how will you guys know how bad the schools in delta is. I know all this things because I was once a consultant to MDGs and I v traveled round this country to see what each state has in terms of minimum development requirement which are Education, health, agriculture, water, infrastructure etc
From my MDGs assessment, I can gladly tell you the worst kind of leaders comes from middlebelt state, Kogi, kwara, benue, Niger, Nassarawa but pleatue is excluded while the next in the award is Southsouth states particularly Bayelsa, followed by Delta, cross river while Akwa ibom and rivers are excluded, the next is Southeast.
I know we are good at denying the fact and reality on ground but does that help? You can deny you have eaten just because you don't want neighbours to laugh at you, but who is hungry? Is it your neighbour.
I'm not saying they are good Viz a viz international standard but in the mist of mad people dancing naked in the market, the only person that wears boxer or pants will be considered OK.
except for Sam Ortom and Yahaya Bello
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by pacespot(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
nice move
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by 9jaRealist: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
seunfly:

BROS, EDUCATION IS THE FOUNDATION (AND LIES AT THE VERY CORE) OF ALL DEVELOPMENT!

It’s relatively easy to buy factories (or even sign contracts for roads), especially if you are using someone’s money, but ultimately those factories will have to be operated and maintained by an educated or skilled workforce - or what usually happens to most Nigerian government projects will happen to them. Those Ganduje flyovers/roads that you admire will not be maintained by the army of uneducated Almajiri kids roaming the streets begging bowls in hand. Sadly, it seems that many Nigerians misunderstand the very basic concept of development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Joseph Timiyan, The Ebenanowean Of Ogulagha Kingdom (Photos) / Photo Of Suzette Wike And Her Children / Winifred Oyo-Ita's Leaked Memo To The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.