Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno (34982 Views)

Nigeria & Netherlands Sign Agreement For Establishment Of Solar Panel Factory / President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria / Africa’s Largest Solar Panel Factory Established In Borno By The APC VP Cand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by 9jaRealist: 10:51am On Apr 04, 2019
Koolking:
This is was a state ravaged by Boko Haram insurgence for years. The govt of the statement is rebuilding world class infrastructure. See below world view primary and secondary school buildings.

My Southern and Eastern brothers have been radicalized into penury considering the huge monthly allocation and oil derivations to the region. Yet the region is just a big village. Clutching on to monster leaders who serve the people crumbs

Bros, those schools are being built by international donors and the Northeast Fund (under Danjuma) raised by Nigerian donors...
Good schools, but that is only hardware (and the relatively easier part), the software (good teachers/staff) are the MOST IMPORTANT part.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by 9jaRealist: 10:57am On Apr 04, 2019
Aidejay:
All of u posting comments here let us appreciate good things haba!
See this one shouting education education education
What has education done to Nigeria d educated seff are the most dependent but enter north a small boy is already walking around on his own (I'm not saying it's a good thing) but dis people don't support dependency like the southern people who at their mature ages cannot do anything let us face not deceive ourselves unless Education is free and compulsory nothing will happen these people know what they need and they go for it nothing stops them they are built like that and Re very dangerous due to this trait but una educated people wey no fit build or manufacture anything with all your years of exposure to education

And who do you think invented solar panels or built this factory? Uneducated people? SMDH undecided
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Koolking(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
9jaRealist:

Bros, those schools are being built by international donors and the Northeast Fund (under Danjuma) raised by Nigerian donors...
Good schools, but that is only hardware (and the relatively easier part), the software (good teachers/staff) are the MOST IMPORTANT part.

Governance is about investment for the good of the people. The East/South has not been able to attract such international donors despite international/multinational organisations in the region. Why? The region doesn't care about the people but the people in government.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by seunfly: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
9jaRealist:

BROS, EDUCATION IS THE FOUNDATION (AND LIES AT THE VERY CORE) OF ALL DEVELOPMENT!

It’s relatively easy to buy factories (or even sign contracts for roads), especially if you are using someone’s money, but ultimately those factories will have to be operated and maintained by an educated or skilled workforce - or what usually happens to most Nigerian government projects will happen to them. Those Ganduje flyovers/roads that you admire will not be maintained by the army of uneducated Almajiri kids roaming the streets begging bowls in hand. Sadly, it seems that many Nigerians misunderstand the very basic concept of development.

Kindly go back and read my comment fully, However let me give you small info of what I wrote there.
Yes Education is the core of everything but I blame northern leaders for not doing everything to encourage their army of youth to go to school however they are far better than southern government in terms of education investments. Average gov schools in the north is far better and well equipped than average gov schools in the south, the educational success recorded in the south has nothing to do with the effort of the useless southern gov rather the culture of average southern parents. Would you have believed schools in delta state is as bad as that success primary school? The truth is, that is how bad average schools are in southern Nigeria. Most of the renovation and equipment southern public had are either from PTDF or UBE or MDGs etc the only thing gov does is to pay salaries and close their eyes.
For this reason, Northern leaders are far better than southern leaders in terms of investment in education but they need to do more to create the kind of culture we have in the south.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by 9jaRealist: 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
Koolking:
Governance is about investment for the good of the people. The East/South has not been able to attract such international donors despite international/multinational organisations in the region. Why? The region doesn't care about the people but the people in government.

The East, West and South have not been embroiled in a decade-long virtual civil war...
Shettima did NOT attract any investment, these are post-war RELIEF including donations from fellow Nigerians and the FG!
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by 9jaRealist: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
seunfly:
Kindly go back and read my comment fully, However let me give you small info of what I wrote there.
Yes Education is the core of everything but I blame northern leaders for not doing everything to encourage their army of youth to go to school however they are far better than southern government in terms of education investments. Average gov schools in the north is far better and well equipped than average gov schools in the south, the educational success recorded in the south has nothing to do with the effort of the useless southern gov rather the culture of average southern parents. Would you have believed schools in delta state is as bad as that success primary school? The truth is, that is how bad average schools are in southern Nigeria. Most of the renovation and equipment southern public had are either from PTDF or UBE or MDGs etc the only thing gov does is to pay salaries and close their eyes.
For this reason, Northern leaders are far better than southern leaders in terms of investment in education but they need to do more to create the kind of culture we have in the south.

Abegi quit with the sophistry...
Success’ school is neither representative of Southern schools nor is the donor-built school on this thread representive of Northern schools.

Furthermore, the quality of schools and education is fair more than nice buildings and good furniture (as useful as both may be). The so-called Jakande Schools in Lagos bequeathed Nigeria with some fantastic products. The first step in education is access, and when you look at the incredibly WOEFUL numbers coming out of the North (a state like Zamfara had less candidates for the federal common entrance than many single schools in the South), the notion of Northern governments being “far better than southern leaders in terms of investment in education” simply rings absurd, especially when juxtaposed against the millions of out-of-school Almajiri children roaming the streets (not to mention the army of school-age teenage girls being married off). What’s point in providing air conditioned schools for only a minuscule handful?

PS: Btw, see the following link to a Nairaland post on the condition of Northern public schools. They are no better than Success’ school: https://www.nairaland.com/3146709/dilapidated-primary-school-yobe-state.

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by seunfly: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
9jaRealist:

Abegi quit with the sophistry...
Success’ school is neither representative of Southern schools nor is the donor-built school on this thread representive of Northern schools.

Furthermore, the quality of schools and education is fair more than nice buildings and good furniture (as useful as both may be). The so-called Jakande Schools in Lagos bequeathed Nigeria with some fantastic products. The first step in education is access, and when you look at the incredibly WOEFUL numbers coming out of the North (a state like Zamfara had less candidates for the federal common entrance than many single schools in the South), the notion of Northern governments being “far better than southern leaders in terms of investment in education” simply rings absurd, especially when juxtaposed against the millions of out-of-school Almajiri children roaming the streets (not to mention the army of school-age teenage girls being married off). What’s point in providing air conditioned schools for only a minuscule handful?

PS: Btw, see the following link to a Nairaland post on the condition of Northern public schools. They are no better than Success’ school: https://www.nairaland.com/3146709/dilapidated-primary-school-yobe-state.

Go back to my original comments, do u see yobe in my original post, I v traveled round this country and I can tell you the state that has serious issues. I can confidently tell you success school may not be representation of schools in the south but that is the reflection of majority of those schools.

1 Like

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by 9jaRealist: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
seunfly:
Go back to my original comments, do u see yobe in my original post, I v traveled round this country and I can tell you the state that has serious issues. I can confidently tell you success school may not be representation of schools in the south but that is the reflection of majority of those schools.

I can post pictures of dilapidated schools in Bauchi, Kaduna, Adamawa, Niger, even Kano, etc...
Many public schools are in shambles all across Nigeria, and thus foolhardy to contend that it is otherwise wrt the North.

Nonetheless, while we can cherry-pick school buildings (as the person that posted the donor-built school did on this thread, or your reference to Success’ school or indeed mine to the Yobe school previously discussed here on Nairaland) to bolster our personal opinions, the UNDISPUTED FACTS are that educational enrollment, achievement and outcomes in the North are FAR WORSE in the North than in the South. That is the most OBJECTIVE indictment that whatever Northern governments are doing wrt education is not as good (even if just relative) as the South.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by Aidejay(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
9jaRealist:

And who do you think invented solar panels or built this factory? Uneducated people? SMDH undecided

I don't know how to reply this.
What am I saying what are u saying

I'm trying to say the premium on education in Nigeria is over emphasized due to the failures of the remaining structures that should aid and support education
They are not educated they are not idle
You are educated u are idle

1 Like

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by oiseworld: 10:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
seunfly:
Honestly I admire northern governors in every aspect except education sector. Our leaders down south will only blame one northerner, religion or political party for their failures yet we the so called educated followers will keep on voting for failure because we hate the people in other party.

Edited for those who raised issues about what I wrote up here.

@ tribalistseun, @ Blazebond, @ Bolowolowo, @staffofOrayan and others.

It's is funny as we southerner still have prejudice about North and I'm sure many of you have not been to Northern part of Nigeria b4, in terms of infrastructures, they are far ahead of South. Funny things is that many who find their ways to the north will blame past military government for those infrastructures not knowing that 80% of those infrastructures was done by civilian governors while our own governors were busy stealing money and blaming federal government for their own failure. Let's take Kano for example, Kwakwaso did a very good Job turning the face of Kano around while Ganduje also added to it, kastina's infrastructure was done by Yaradua while other added to it. I v been to Gombe, Jigawa, Bauchi, Katsina, Sokoto and I can tell you no state can match them in terms of infrastructure Viz a Viz their monthly allocation/geographical size yet many of the southern part especially southsouth that collects huge allocation has little to show for it. Some of you claimed that their IGR is low therfore they are not performing, this makes me laugh because they still manage to outperform the so called high IGR state and for reference sake, your IGR income does not prove your performance, it is just what your state generates.
Lastly somebody claimed education is the key, yes it is the key but I only fault them for not doing anything serious to encourage their children to school but they are far better than most southern states in terms of education investment apart from Rivers state which was done during Ameachi's term, check average school in the north and compare it with average school in south, you will see the difference. If not for success, how will you guys know how bad the schools in delta is. I know all this things because I was once a consultant to MDGs and I v traveled round this country to see what each state has in terms of minimum development requirement which are Education, health, agriculture, water, infrastructure etc
From my MDGs assessment, I can gladly tell you the worst kind of leaders comes from middlebelt state, Kogi, kwara, benue, Niger, Nassarawa but pleatue is excluded while the next in the award is Southsouth states particularly Bayelsa, followed by Delta, cross river while Akwa ibom and rivers are excluded, the next is Southeast.
I know we are good at denying the fact and reality on ground but does that help? You can deny you have eaten just because you don't want neighbours to laugh at you, but who is hungry? Is it your neighbour.
I'm not saying they are good Viz a viz international standard but in the mist of mad people dancing naked in the market, the only person that wears boxer or pants will be considered OK.

Before one governor builds a factory in that security troubled north, 50 private investors have opened multiple factories down south. There is nothing to admire in the northern leaders bro.

1 Like

Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by tck2000(m): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
wow
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by nwabobo: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
seunfly:
Honestly I admire northern governors in every aspect except education sector. Our leaders down south will only blame one northerner, religion or political party for their failures yet we the so called educated followers will keep on voting for failure because we hate the people in other party.

Edited for those who raised issues about what I wrote up here.

@ tribalistseun, @ Blazebond, @ Bolowolowo, @staffofOrayan and others.

It's is funny as we southerner still have prejudice about North and I'm sure many of you have not been to Northern part of Nigeria b4, in terms of infrastructures, they are far ahead of South. Funny things is that many who find their ways to the north will blame past military government for those infrastructures not knowing that 80% of those infrastructures was done by civilian governors while our own governors were busy stealing money and blaming federal government for their own failure. Let's take Kano for example, Kwakwaso did a very good Job turning the face of Kano around while Ganduje also added to it, kastina's infrastructure was done by Yaradua while other added to it. I v been to Gombe, Jigawa, Bauchi, Katsina, Sokoto and I can tell you no state can match them in terms of infrastructure Viz a Viz their monthly allocation/geographical size yet many of the southern part especially southsouth that collects huge allocation has little to show for it. Some of you claimed that their IGR is low therfore they are not performing, this makes me laugh because they still manage to outperform the so called high IGR state and for reference sake, your IGR income does not prove your performance, it is just what your state generates.
Lastly somebody claimed education is the key, yes it is the key but I only fault them for not doing anything serious to encourage their children to school but they are far better than most southern states in terms of education investment apart from Rivers state which was done during Ameachi's term, check average school in the north and compare it with average school in south, you will see the difference. If not for success, how will you guys know how bad the schools in delta is. I know all this things because I was once a consultant to MDGs and I v traveled round this country to see what each state has in terms of minimum development requirement which are Education, health, agriculture, water, infrastructure etc
From my MDGs assessment, I can gladly tell you the worst kind of leaders comes from middlebelt state, Kogi, kwara, benue, Niger, Nassarawa but pleatue is excluded while the next in the award is Southsouth states particularly Bayelsa, followed by Delta, cross river while Akwa ibom and rivers are excluded, the next is Southeast.
I know we are good at denying the fact and reality on ground but does that help? You can deny you have eaten just because you don't want neighbours to laugh at you, but who is hungry? Is it your neighbour.
I'm not saying they are good Viz a viz international standard but in the mist of mad people dancing naked in the market, the only person that wears boxer or pants will be considered OK.

You've obviously not crossed both the Niger and Benue rivers in the Northern direction.
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by PrincewithGod(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2019
So this is November, 2019. Has the factory started production?
Re: Africa Largest Solar Panel Factory Unveiled In Borno by PrincewithGod(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2020
This is March 2020, has the factory started production?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Alpha Beta Fingered In N100 Billion Fraud (Court Documents) / Opeyemi Kadiri: Police Dismisses Officer For Searching Mobile Phones / Photo Of Suzette Wike And Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.