Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests (24549 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2010
@Africason, you know as well as I do that, petty traders in Ghana from other neighbouring countries are HIGHLY UNLIKELY to have paid $300,000 so who are you trying to kid here?

Noone is saying they should not shut up shop to those who have not obeyed the rule, ofcourse they should, but if you are honest with yourself and us here, you know they are using it to discriminate specifically against Nigerians, the same way that Glo, who has obeyed the law have been targeted simply because they are a Nigerian company. It should apply to ALL, not just Nigerians in PRACTICE.

As far as who commits stabbing in Uk against Blacks, it may be Blacks but the majority violent crimes in the Uk are committed by Whites, and this stop and search policy has been in place long before the recent spate of Black on Black knife crime, so your point is actually an untruth. I know, I was born and raised in the UK and the statistics have always shown a disproportionate application of the law, where stop and search is concerned.

Nigerians are targeted in ghana, simply because of the hatred Ghanaians generally hold against Nigerians and nothing else. I noticed in your last post when you mentioned Nigerian petty traders you used the word "infested" as if Nigerians are vermin, that reflects the mindset which is motivating the application of the law in Ghana.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2010
@Monkeyleg, if the story was that Nigeria was doing the same to Ghanaian traders in Nigeria, would you not be saying how wicked the Nigerian government are to be doing it?

I do agree with you that Nigerians, whether business is big or small should pull out of Ghana, including the banks etc. They dont deserve the investment or job creation.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abagworo(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2010
If I were Nigerian President,I would declare economic war on Ghana.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2010
@Abagworo, we dont need economic war with Ghana, we simply need to divest from their country. Take every last cent out and either put it into Nigeria or countries neighbouring Ghana. We should develop[ incentives for businesses who want to move out and deal with the Ghanaian market from outside its shores. You dont have to be in Ghana to import goods into Ghana. I want to see Nigerians taking every last cent out and lets see if they wont miss the water once the well runs dry.

They are not worth it at all.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by monkeyleg: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2010
@Londoner, I share your emotions, but my point is that this sort of rubbish happens because the Nigerians Government does absolutely nothing to protect her citizens, inside the country let alone outside. I can recount over 10 stories of blatant discrimination that has happened to me because of where I come from, and also because the perpertrators sensed that nothing would be done to defend me, so they took the advantage.

We need to act strong and hard, that means pulling out of Ghana as well as boycot, we should seriously think of stopping visinting Ghana. I know folks who flock there for short breaks, and they enjoy our money.

But most importanly to have an effective response to this rubbish, we must have the full backing of the Govenment in place.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2010
@monkeyleg, it is not the Nigerian government who is visiting Ghana on the weekend or flocking to pay school fees. It is ordinary Nigerians who are giving them the ammunition to do this. They believe themselves to be the belle of the ball, because of how Nigerian are talking and behaving as if they are such an irresistable country.

Nigerians need to stop behaving like orphaned children who run to Ghana for mercy or shelter. They go there and talk  Nigeria down and talk Ghana up, it just makes them despise us the more. We dont need to Boycott Ghana, we need to divest and give them their wish, a land without Nigerian involvement at all.

We have an election around the corner, and an opportunity to make a change which will turn the tide. Let Ghana continue to believe their hype in our absence. We have bigger things to attend to which need our full effort and attention.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2010
Chei! Some of these Nigerian bros are as arrogant as phuck!  cheesy

@ Londoner
you know as well as I do that, petty traders in Ghana from other neighbouring countries are HIGHLY UNLIKELY to have paid $300,000 so who are you trying to kid here?

Excuse me! Kidding? Mr., Its up to the other neighbouring countries to enact and implement their own laws.

Noone is saying they should not shut up shop to those who have not obeyed the rule, ofcourse they should, but if you are honest with yourself and us here, you know they are using it to discriminate specifically against Nigerians, the same way that Glo, who has obeyed the law have been targeted simply because they are a Nigerian company. It should apply to ALL, not just Nigerians in PRACTICE.

Discriminate against Nigerians? How so? Aren't other foreigners in Ghana as well? Stop the me me me syndrome!

As far as who commits stabbing in Uk against Blacks, it may be Blacks but the majority violent crimes in the Uk are committed by Whites, and this stop and search policy has been in place long before the recent spate of Black on Black knife crime, so your point is actually an untruth. I know, I was born and raised in the UK and the statistics have always shown a disproportionate application of the law, where stop and search is concerned.

lipsrsealed Well, i wasn't born in the UK but have lived there long enough to notice that though blacks are searched most, whites are also searched. I have seen white folks being serached before so your argument doesn't hold water. Are you sure proportionally the crime rate (stabbings) reflect the true demographic figures/settings? Come again.

londoner:

@Monkeyleg, if the story was that Nigeria was doing the same to Ghanaian traders in Nigeria, would you not be saying how wicked the Nigerian government are to be doing it?

I do agree with you that Nigerians, whether business is big or small should pull out of Ghana, including the banks etc. They dont deserve the investment or job creation.

Pleeeasse! Don't delude yourself, mate!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by monkeyleg: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Londoner, I totally agree with you, however, you cannot blame a people who have left a country where things dont work, and neither can you expect them to lie about thr true state of the country.

Ghana just happens to be taking advantage of the terrible govenement we have in Nigeria, like so many other countries, and my point is that we have to start looking after our own.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by DisGuy: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2010

I think we should hit back HARD.

funniest thing i heard in yearrrrrrrrrrrs!!

Nigeria should hit back hard, hard ko head ni

what do they know how to do?

Liberians arresting Nigerians,

Sudan deporting Nigerians

SA killing/deporting Nigerians

Libyans arresting/deporting Nigerians

cant you see for yourself?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2010
@monkeyleg, I  have come across people in my life who have come from places that are harsh and even war-torn. You will not find them talking their country down. Noone is saying they should lie, but be carefull who you air your dirty laundry to, they will turn around and spite you with it. If you are having troubles with your family, you dont sit down with a stranger to badmouth your mother do you? All in the name of honesty. It is a lie that Ghana is a land of milk and honey. You see the same struggle there that you see in Nigeria, so I dont get why Nigerians gloss over it.

@Africason, it is up to Ghana to apply the law in a way which is not discriminatory. Noone is saying there are not other forigen traders, what I am saying is that it is unlikely that these petty traders have paid $300,000, yet I am sure the law has not been applied to all equally. That is the point I am making and you know it.
Do you really honestly think that petty traders in ghana from Togo, ivory coast or Benin have paid $300,000? Be honest now. If they havent, then I ask you where are yhe reports of their arrest and molestation? Did Glo flout the law, or did they abide by it? Did that stop the xenophobic Ghanaian attitude. the amswer is NO!

BTW I am a woman, and I have been around Ghanaians long enough to know their mindset towards anything Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by seanet02: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2010
To me its every countrys right to do what ever they like within their territory. But they also have to remember that they must respect other countries right to deal decisively with any foreigner whose home country is hostile to its own citizens residing in their country. Ghana should stop this rubbish, if not for ECOWAS treaty, we should just ban every product from ghana, but its all our fault
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ Londoner

Lol. . .  I didn't know you're a woman. Sorry about that. Anyway, The other foreigners are also being asked to either combine their resources as well. Its not Naija folks alone. Its only 9ja folks crying wolf and trying to make it that they're been stigmatised. I was in Ghana 6 weeks ago and truss, its not only visited on Nigerians. Its just that 9ja happens to have the largest number of its populates there.

Well, as for the glo stuff, am not privy or conversant with that story so i can't comment on that.

BTW, am nether full 9ja nor Ghanaian as am from both worlds(9ja, Ghana and other groupings as well) Lol . . .  so you can't say am being baised.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Africason, whether you are half Nigerian or not, you are clearly biased IMO. Even full Nigerians are often biased against anything Nigerian, so that is no news. Are you saying that when you were in Ghana you saw or heard of businesses from other countries being boarded up and their citizens arrested? if that is what you are saying then I stand corrected, but if not then my point still stands I'm afraid.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by princekevo(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2010
Excuse me! Kidding? Mr., Its up to the other neighbouring countries to enact and implement their own laws.

Stop being a kid and stop reasoning like one my brother. That is why we Africans can never progress, becoz we do not value agreement. Now You expect every other  ECOWAS member country to exhibit the same madness becoz Ghana chose to going against what they agreed on. Every Regional organisation hold on to this free trade trade agreement within the member nations. Even the almighty EU, and that is what made them the strongest regional union in the world today with even single, but a stronger currency to make trade easier within the member nation.

So If Ghana equally think they have suddenly become economically stronger than other member nation under ECOWAS, they can withdraw their membership. If they suddenly realised that the free trade agreement of ECOWAS is conflicting with their country's trade laws, they can withdraw from ECOWAS to uphold their policy. You cant willingly be in an organisation and don't obey the agreements of such org. and expect other member to do the same. That is foolishness, Am not complaining whatever is their trade policy toward ECOWAS member nation or Nigeria, but as long it contradicts what they agreed under ECOWAS, they should be kicked out of ECOWAS and all benefits witdrawn from them.

2. Free Trade Area
• All barriers to trade are removed among
members.
• Each member retains its own barriers to
trade with non members.
• There is need for rule of origin to
protect deflection possibilities from nonmembers.
• European Free Trade Area (EFTA) is an
example; NAFTA another example.
• ECOWAS
You can read more here http://www.privatesector.ecowas.int/en/III/ECOWAS.pdf

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by monkeyleg: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Londoner,

The state of Nigeria is clear for all to see, one does not need to badmouth ones country for the truth to come out. My point is that Ghana understands that Nigeria is a country who's leaders do not care for its citizens and they are taking full advantage of that. Badmouthing ones country might have a contributing effect, but I think an even bigger effect is how the country protects is citizens.

Ghana maybe one country, but we hear tme without number about Nigerians that are unjustly executed in far eastern countries for alledged drug offences, and the Nigerians governement does nothing.

Nigerians need to feel proud about a country who feels proud and strong enough to defend her citizens, at the moment tht Nigerian govenment is doing absolutely nothing, and it shows in all departments. look ate football, players dont get paid, look at teachers, salaries withheld for months on end. My dear, charity begins at home.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by monkeyleg: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Londoner, sorry and just to add, I have been around so many Ghanians to fully appreciate thier inherent dislike for Nigerians. conversely, lets not forget the "Ghana must go" incident.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2010
most Nigerians think Ghanaians hold tht "Ghana must go" saga abi?, believe me, I had neva heard abt tht till I came on Nairaland, which most peeps on here seem to enjoy typing,
wht makes u guyz think we go to bed thinking Nigeria? check urselves and u'll realize its rather u the 1's making these claims, no wonder u say same abt South Africans,
Abt the GLOBACOM deal, if peeps ain' got facts on it, they betta keep shut,
AFRICASON AND A COUPLE OF PEEPS RAISED SOME POWERFUL POINTS ON HERE :-

*From slap1>>This is only one side to the story. If our brothers are not complying with the Ghanaian laws they should face the punishment. But if it is confirmed that they're being victimized for nothing, then shame on our government and woe to their peace-keeping crap!

*from afrcicason>> Very sad indeed, but why is this story being made to be like the Ghanaian authorities are victimisingd the Nigerians? Look, that law was inacted to sometime ago to check all foreign entities and not Nigerians alone!

Its for any biz foreign including that of Liberians, Togolese, Nigerians, Indians and all all things foreign. . . Please lets stop this bull crap as if they are targeting Nigerians businesses alone. . .

*from hackney>>
Does nigeria even have an equivalent of Ghana Investment Promotion Council?

What the bloated politicians are concerned about is re-election.
In my opinion,functionally speaking we dont have a government because other than dodgy contracts and
senators squabbling for pay rise they are of no other use to anybody.

Ghana can eject everything Nigeria in ghana and nothing will happen.
All the signs that indicate a bloody revolution as solution are all clear for everybody to see.

Why cant Nigeria slaughter all the old politicians like rawlings did for Ghana? ? ?
Every term they rear their viper heads and nigeria is still there like a mal-nourished dustbin feeder taking rubbish.
shame on Nigeria.
All we know is how to infest other countries like rats because funds to lift the country have been stolen.

*From africason>>>1. Target Nigerians? Really?! Why is everything about Nigeria? huh? The other nationals have got nothing to report because they come with the required capital to set up their businesses unlike many of these my Nigerian folks who who are doing petty trading! I read somewhere the Ghanaian minister of trade advising those who believe would get the required amount to pull their resources together, reach that amount and start something.

They already have enough petty trader in Ghana and thus don't want the country to be infested with more of these petty trading stuff! If you want to do business in Ghana, then get serious and come with that much capital or 'on ya bike mate'! Simple as that! Nigeria can also enforce such laws if they want. They've got legitimate Nigerian businesses in Ghana, which have not been touched because they've met the laws.

And oh, about the search and stop analogy you made. . . which ethnic minority group are noted for social vices? Go read the statistics how many blacks have been stabbed by blacks in the 6 years and you'll get the picture.

* from africason>>
Infact, the writer of this article/story should be ashamed of himself/herself for making this story come out as baise against Nigerians alone. Majority of Nigerians including this writer needs to pull their heads out of the sand and realise everything is not about them.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2010
Anywaz, Ghanaian men are hot. Nigerian women should upgrade kiss kiss
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bidemi12(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2010
i hope to God they continue like this. This, for them is a recipe for disaster. can anybody say "area boys"?. This is the begining of the downfall of a society. so let them hang themselves. GHANA I BEG CONTINUE JARE. Hang yourselves.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by yeswecan(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2010
Ghana have everything to loose.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2010
otumfour:

*from hackney>>
Does nigeria even have an equivalent of Ghana Investment Promotion Council?

These are the type of statements. that explain why many are on this thread yet they are never to be seen when positive or developmental things about Nigeria are discussed.

I would expect this from Hackney because he obviously despises his nation of origin to the extent that he has not bothered to keep up with events to know that , despite all the negative noise in cyberspace , things are actually improving in Nigeria even if the pace of progress might not satisfy everyone - myself included.

As for Mr.Otumfour , you show your usual willingless to simplistically believe every negative thing postulated about Nigeria  by the ignorant , uninformed and self-hating Nigerians because that sits well with how you wan't to percieve Nigeria as a failed Nation. It is how most Ghanaians talk about Nigeria in cyberspace i.e "devilish hellhole" , "cesspit of corruption and evil" , "nation of murderers and kIdnappers" blah , blah , blah.

Next time deploy some objectivity . That might just help you choose the path of enlightenment that would make you discover what you need to know rather than you maintain a continued address in the realm of ignorance. Nigeria has an Investment commision (see the website below) . No serious nation would be without one.

http://www.nipc.gov.ng/

Hackney flatters you , and many of your ilk , with his lack of knowledge and you follow along blindly because seeing Nigeria in a negative light is all that matters for you.

Ghanaian Government officials are in Nigeria regularly understudying many Nigerian initiative . That is the reality , i.e learning from innovation , many of you don't wish to acknowledge in your narrow-minded World that prevents you from seeing what you should see for your own personal development.The Ghanaian Govt was in Lagos to observe Governor Fashola's waste-to-wealth program. They have also understudied Fashola's BRT (Bus rapid transport) project and they will launch it in Accra under exactly the same name i.e BRT !!!!! They have looked at the strucure and operation of LAMATA also . My point ? Nigerians lead well . We have technocrats and achievers who innovatively set the pace for others . It is therefore disingenous for folks like you to pursue a constant agenda of portaying Nigeria and Nigerians as lacking subtance to back their confident demeanour .

Keep fooling yourself , aided by the noise of self-hating Nigerians and your own peculiar complex , that Nigerians are all mouth and that nothing works in Nigeria. It may pain you to take in but the fact is that this is the trend i.e the Ghanaian Government is regularly learning from the good things going on in Nigeria even if you rather continue your campaign of calumny that now makes you insinuate that Nigeria does not have an investment commision simply because our investment commision has not gained itself notoriety an infamy with xenophobic and discriminative behaviour. As for the whole discriminatory attitude of the Ghanaian Govenment , I have no comment . I have spoken on the issue enough in the past.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002220185.html

Yet another 33 - member Ghanaian delegation was also in Lagos. Team leader, Dr D. D. Darku expressed appreciation for the warm reception accorded them and commended LAMATA for its operation of the BRT scheme. He explained that the team was in Lagos to understudy the State's BRT operation and stated, while exuding happiness, that they had been inspired by what they had seen and stressing that Ghana's BRT would be in operation within the next two years

Not done yet, another Ghanaian delegation visited Lagos to under study the structure and operations of LAMATA. The delegation had Mr Albert Zigah as leader. He said the team was in Lagos to understudy LAMATA's operational structure,

International accolades

A World Bank delegation under the leadership of Mr Ajay Kumar indicated that he would recommend the Lagos BRT model to those of South American countries, saying 'I would rather send officials of cities seeking to implement the BRT system to Lagos, than Bogota in Columbia or Curitiba in Brazil'. Another World Bank team led by its Vice President, Africa Region, Dr Obiageli Ezekwesili, which also visited Lagos, was impressed by the operations of the Lagos Metropolitan Transport Authority (LAMATA).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1183727

Led by the Deputy Minister for Transport, Madam Dzifa Aku Attivor, the visitors toured various sections of the auto plant (and briefly watched production in progress), the plastics-making sister company in Emene, Enugu, which supplies some of the vehicles’ parts and accessories, as well as a new tyre manufacturing company, General Tyres and Tubes Limited, also a member of the Innoson Group.

The Deputy Minister who repeatedly expressed how “very, very impressed” she was during the tour of the auto plant, said she and her team were on a fact- finding mission. She disclosed that they were in Nigeria to explore the possibility of not just introducing some of Innoson Group’s products to the Ghanaian market, but also setting up similar auto plant in Ghana.

Assuring that Ghana has a very friendly business environment which enhances quick return on investments, Madam Aku implored the Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Innocent Chukwuma to come over to her country, adding, “I want to appeal to him to set up a plant in Ghana, and he will have return on his investments”. A package of incentives, according to her, is awaiting Innoson, if he decides to take the offer.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by londoner: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2010
@monkeyleg, they should forget the "Ghana must go" saga. They did the same to us first, yet do we bring it up at every interval? They also conveniently forget that Nigeria was a country of refuge for them for many years before anyone asked them to leave. Its about time they stopped crying over it, just like Nigerians dusted themselves off and started again when the Busia government did exactly the same to Nigerians in Ghana way before any Ghana must go even came about. You are probably not even aware that it occured as a Nigerian, you know why that is?

Because we dont keep bleeping on about it.

You are going on about Nigerians executed in Libya, but Ghanaians have also been executed in Libya and China, what did their governement do about it? Same as your own. They have a protective reaction to bad news about their country, its leaders and their people. That is what leads to the assumption that they are not involved in any of these vices, its not true. We just have a habit of taking pleasure out of talking Nigeria down.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
@princekevo

Even the almighty EU, and that is what made them the strongest regional union in the world today with even single, but a stronger currency to make trade easier within the member nation.
UK felt they are stronger economically and otherwise than other nation under this union and the refused to be part of the union as such exempted from all its benefits.

Naivety is like pregnancy, surely it would manifest itself!  You lot rather stop behaving like kids and reason out clearly! Face realities! And who said UK is not part of the EU? So you think since they're not using the same currency they're not member of the EU States? Loool

And who said they opted out cos they deemed their economy to be stronger? FYI, the 2 economically largest and strongest EU nations are Germany and France, and they even are part and parcel of the EU.

@ Londoner
Oh yes, i did see the laws being enforced on other nationals but not to the point of arrest. . . .  The only reason why some of the bros were arrested was that the same folks kept coming back after they've been told to move biz. Those who don't have that capital are told to come together, pull their resources together and start a valid biz. Simples! Ghanaians are not hating on 9jas. . .
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2010
Nigeria, your people are dying of cholera. A disease which is an indicator of extreme poverty and lack of sanitation accumen of a country. Please first open up sanition supplies stores in Nigeria. Then after you're successful, come to Ghana with $300K.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2010
me, I go tell u people ooooo, tht giant of africa crap u keep preaching no go solve notin ooo, I keep getting this ''otumfour u  are only interested in Nigeria bashing'' when in actual fact, I only comment on topix tht involve Ghana which unfortunately are always 90%  negative (always ghana did this to 9ja) its quite funny tho, cuz I see a lot of Nigerians down here who don' share the same view, lol there are too many braggarts on here, always tha same thing and thts the difference here Ghanaians don' tlk too much, we put in the work, mr gbawe, no need to throw in insults aight,
Like i said come to ghana and ask abt tht ''Ghana must go'' saga, I bet u out of 10 peeps u'll get abt only 2 peeps who might know abt it, so stop deceiving urselves, Ghanaians don' eat naija , they prolly play your music lol thts all, like I'v bin saying lets luv  wink

oh, and stop insulting your brothers when they spit the truth, cuz they are the ''light''
u can't expect every1 to spit insults @ Ghana becuz they are Nigerian, like 1 Nigerian posted, ''this topic is only 1 side to the story'',
I respect Nigeria and Nigerians but not the arrogant bunch who spit whteva dirt tht comes out their brain,
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bidemi12(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
Abrantie:

Nigeria, your people are dying of cholera. A disease which is an indicator of extreme poverty and lack of sanitation accumen of a country. Please first open up sanition supplies stores in Nigeria. Then after you're successful, come to Ghana with $300K.

As much as i hate you Ghanaians that was well deserved. Nigeria's situation be like pikin wey no wan accept home training. so na outside de go don train am come.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by DisGuy: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2010
which unfortunately are always 90% negative (always ghana did this to 9ja)

that's true, 'Big' Nigeria is always getting bullied by 'little' Ghana-- so much for giant of africa
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2010
Abrantie:

You must think you are dealing with morons here. Go and paint a half-picture scenario to those who are not educated enough to know how to contextualise issues.  South Africa has similar rate of susceptibility to cholera as Nigeria so is SA suffering from  more "extreme poverty and lack of sanitation acumen" than Ghana ? Learn to put things in perspective to understand the individual challenges nations face. If there is a cholera pandemic in a Nigerian State run by the most dictatorial and corrupt leader , insistent on keeping his State back to the stone age,  that would still reflect badly on a talented Governor , doing his job properly, like Fashola your Government folks troop to regularly to gain administrative lessons from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Africa_cholera2008b.jpg
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2010
. . . like Fashola your Government folks troop to regularly to gain administrative lessons from

Did I just reads that?! Dude, don't big up ya self! You mean to tell us Ghana government solicit ideas from Fashola? Loool. . . you must be living in cloud cuckoo-land!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Gbawe: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
Africason:

Did I just reads that?! Dude, don't big up ya self! You mean to tell us Ghana government solicit ideas from Fashola? Loool. . . you must be living in cloud cuckoo-land!

you are describing yourself. In your mind , and in the minds of some ignorant Ghanaians , Ghana has nothing to learn from Nigeria but the reality on the ground does not bear out that naive opinion. In the real world , those involved in Governance , who really understand the job at hand , do not have time for egotistical pettiness . It is in this spirit that Government officials from Ghana have officially come to understudy some of Governor Fashola's initiative. You can deny it all you wan't but the truth is that progressive leaders will learn from even those they do not like if those folks possess knowledge or expertise they do not have . it is as simple as that. Is Accra not planning a BRT scheme in the image of that they have understudied in Lagos ? You probably don't know what BRT is because information flow is usually only one way with Nigerians knowing Ghana from first hand experience while most Ghanaians are reduced to talking about Nigeria based solely on the negative news about Nigeria they gravitate towards online.

It may not make sense to you  , because it may be your worst nightmare , and as per how some Africans feel that only the UK and the USA are purveyors of knowlegde , but what has worked well in Nigeria is likely to work in Ghana because of similar climatic , cultural and socio-economic considerations. Give credit where it is due. That is what those who lead your Country are doing.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 12:49am On Sep 12, 2010
@ Gbawe

Describing myself?! You Gbawe and loads of Nigerian folks believe that most things revolves around you. Reality check my broda. . . Absolutely nothing revolves around you. Well, am neither full Ghanaian nor Nigerian but have been around loads of Ghanaians and Nigerians to notice that Nigerians always 'Big up' themselves wherever they happen to be. Ignorance, Pompousness and Arrogance is the order of the day when it comes to most Nigerians!  Do you think the problems Nigerians had and continue to have in Sud Africa is by coincindence? Most Nigerians got stinking attitudes and that needs to be curtailed.

Well, I haven't been on this board for that long but have realised that anything Ghana on this board irks you Gbawe, and you're always on it like a flea, and that is despicable to say the least. Look, Mr., Ghanaians are enforcing their law and that regulation is not perculiar to Nigerians alone. It behoves all foreigners on that land to adhere to that regulation and that include personnel from the ECOWAS states. If you perceive Nigerians are being victimised then am sorry, as I said earlier, you must be living on cloud-cuckoo-land! Stop being delusional and realise that that law applies to other nationals as well.

On the subject of the BRT scheme and asking whether I even know about that programme smarks mischief. It  sparks arrogance from you. How long has the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme (called Bus Lanes and Bus garages in London) in existence for in London? There's a saying that 'Ideas are Like Kids' Its never unique in it sense, bros! So did you copy that BRT idea from somewhere else?  Now get a grip my bruv. . . I even shy 4 u bringing this BRT scheme into this rebuttal. Could you name me any official that might have come to Lagos to copy that BRT scheme idea from Fashola?  That programme is very prevalent in Europe so I wonder how you arrived at that conclusion. . .
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bidemi12(m): 1:02am On Sep 12, 2010
Africason:

@ Gbawe

Describing myself?! You Gbawe and loads of Nigerian folks believe that most things revolves around you. Reality check my broda. . . Absolutely nothing revolves around you. Well, am neither full Ghanaian nor Nigerian but have been around loads of Ghanaians and Nigerians to notice that Nigerians always 'Big up' themselves wherever they happen to be. Ignorance, Pompousness and Arrogance is the order of the day when it comes to most Nigerians!  Do you think the problems Nigerians had and continue to have in Sud Africa is by coincindence? Most Nigerians got stinking attitudes and that needs to be curtailed.

Well, I haven't been on this board for that long but have realised that anything Ghana on this board irks you Gbawe, and you're always on it like a flea, and that is despicable to say the least. Look, Mr., Ghanaians are enforcing their law and that regulation is not perculiar to Nigerians alone. It behoves all foreigners on that land to adhere to that regulation and that include personnel from the ECOWAS states. If you perceive Nigerians are being victimised then am sorry, as I said earlier, you must be living on cloud-cuckoo-land! Stop being delusional and realise that that law applies to other nationals as well.

On the subject of the BRT scheme and asking whether I even know about that programme smarks mischief. It  sparks arrogance from you. How long has the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme (called Bus Lanes and Bus garages in London) in existence for in London? There's a saying that 'Ideas are Like Kids' Its never unique in it sense, bros! So did you copy that BRT idea from somewhere else?  Now get a grip my bruv. . . I even shy 4 u bringing this BRT scheme into this rebuttal. Could you name me any official that might have come to Lagos to copy that BRT scheme idea from Fashola?  That programme is very prevalent in Europe so I wonder how you arrived at that conclusion. . .

Ouch, 'tu che. I dont like deceiving myself; the bolded statement is a valid point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"Respect The Naira, Beware Of EFCC" Banner Displayed At A Party / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria / Nigeria Replaces Saudi Arabia As Top Crude Oil Supplier To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.