Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests (24581 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 4:06am On Sep 14, 2010
abrantie & co who are running mouth on this thread should be happy nigerians decided to visit their country.

end of.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2010
^^^ as if naija be heaven, who u tryna deceive, I don' even know where naija is, neva bin there and doubt I'll eva go there, no wonder u guys think we hold tht Ghana must go saga against u, becuz of the nice Nigerian friends I have in Ghana, I even find it hard to tlk ish abt their country but noooo, u peeps juz keep pushing dudes to the wall, they themselves will tell u how Nigerians view Ghanaians and how Ghanaians are treated in Nigeria, I juz wish u guys a succesful election and pls vote wit your balls like Ghanaians do and try to tackle the other monster haunting naija, which is tribalism cheesy
I will say this again, my Igbo friends always seem to tlk abt how they wanna seperate themselves from Nigeria wht abt tht?, and I get this from a lot of Igbo peeps, u guys can make Ghana your problem but the real problem is hiding wit its ugly face inwards, look deep people and leave Ghanaians

btw the pompous Nigerians need to realize their pompous-ness will not survive in Ghana, we'll give it to them, maybe it will work in some other African countries but surely not Ghana grin u guys act all tough but when 1 gives it to u, u go crying like babies lol u ain' even got the balls to face your government, so much for the ''giant of africa''
and to those digging up bad news on Ghana, c'mon we are in the internet age, if we shud start digging negative news on naija we ain' gonna end today lol, so pls spare us tht, alata naija peace grin

to the Jamaican dude, Ghanaians hear u aight, lol, see this dude oooo, , come to Ghana and see how many Jamaicans are down here of course u on nairaland so u'll have to do wht the romans do, I don' blame u lol even Bob Marley's wife has a crib in Ghana, Lenox Lewis the british-jamaican boxer has a crib in Ghana, keep feeding on these nairaland liars dude,
jamaica sef, lol I no got tlk    grin grin grin
Ghana is a welcoming Nation but the arrogant bunch of Nigerians like the 1's here displayed on this thread will always feel they're bin discriminated against when in actual fact they are bin put right, we go hard on ur type
I refuse to think all Nigerians are like this cuz there are lovely Nigerians, believe me I'v met a lot of 'em, cheers
Young otumfour has spoken, holla!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Ranoscky(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2010
From 19 Eighty somhm til now, im stil wonderin what will take me to Ghana. . .  undecided dis is 2010 n im stil wonderin undecided

Me, Ranoscky, go to ghana? undecided For tourism abi na wetin? undecided . . . .Greener pasture? ? ? shocked shocked shocked . .TUFIA KWA!!!!

Shey dem dey shout "HALELUYAH" inside MOSQUE? undecided . . . .Impossicant!!!

How com greener pasture in Ghana? undecided . . .Ghana? shocked . . . .Chukwu napukwa Ekensu ike!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otokx(m): 10:23am On Sep 14, 2010
There is something called a FAD and many Nigerians fall for it.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by bisiaet: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2010
^^^ as if naija be heaven, who u tryna deceive, I don' even know where naija is, neva bin there and doubt I'll eva go there, no wonder u guys think we hold tht Ghana must go saga against u, becuz of the nice Nigerian friends I have in Ghana, I even find it hard to tlk ish abt their country but noooo, u peeps juz keep pushing dudes to the wall, they themselves will tell u how Nigerians view Ghanaians and how Ghanaians are treated in Nigeria, I juz wish u guys a succesful election and pls vote wit your balls like Ghanaians do and try to tackle the other monster haunting naija, which is tribalism
I will say this again, my Igbo friends always seem to tlk abt how they wanna seperate themselves from Nigeria wht abt tht?, and I get this from a lot of Igbo peeps, u guys can make Ghana your problem but the real problem is hiding wit its ugly face inwards, look deep people and leave Ghanaians

Otumfour I must confess to you you are mad, you are an I D I O T infact you are an slowpoke a silly, retarded black generation. Look am an Ibo but the silly statement you made above angers me that you a Ghanaian the silly and the most stupid of all African could be on this site talking. You the generation of black A S S H O L E who still calling white man Master!! A decendant of nimconpoop who in Ashanti Land as of two mouths ago in a documentary I watched in uk still carry the F U C K I N G Ashanti king on shoulder by four hefy muscle build disable men(Cus I wont call them able men) carrying the Silly king on thier shoulder hanging on their heads and they are laughing at this century to the point a fellow friend was asking is this real or just a make up but it was on live television I am so shame on you and you are here talking may Heaven punish you and that your mouth you use tio insult Nigeria.
I D I O T S!!!!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by eewule(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2010
With the existence of ECOWAS, this should not be happening.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by lekanbar(m): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2010
Ghana should be careful not to lose the great relationship they have with nigeria, and Nigerians should abide by their regulations, after all it's their country, there is nothing we can do about that, just saying cool

http://lekanbaruwa./
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2010
i cant understand why we are so stupid and ignorant. read what is written. there"s a fee of $300k to be paid. these petty traders dont have that kind of money. and if you dont, then ur not entitled to do business there. its simple laws. they dont want their cities to turn into an "ajegunle" like place. CANT BLAME THEM!!!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2010
@ bisiaet u think u can insult ma Nation and have me stay mute?
u fool of a cockroach I step on u wit ur curse in Jesus name, read through this thread and tell me if am the only 1 throwing insults, if u so sensible as u and ur ilk try to portray u wud have 1st asked ur peeps on here to tone down their insults against Ghana and its peeps, tlk abt wolves in sheep's clothing, u can neva hide b!tch
I said it and I'll say it again u feel u can tlk isshh and have peeps watch u slide but not in Ghana here fool, see how sensitive u tend to act when peeps retaliate to ur ranting?, mu-tha-fucka,
AND YES, I said it, I have Igbo friends who tell me wht I typed up there and u no this deep inside, next thing they're gonna delete ma post as usual, yet they let these ol' azz's wit their dictionary searched vocabs flood threads wit their posts, now stfu
grin grin grin grin grin now u on Ashanti's? OSEI TUTU DON' OWE UR NYANSH NADA grin grin grin grin
young otumfour has spoken
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2010
lekanbar:

Ghana should be careful not to lose the great relationship they have with nigeria, and Nigerians should abide by their regulations, after all it's their country, there is nothing we can do about that, just saying cool

http://lekanbaruwa./
al-qaeda:

i cant understand why we are so silly and ignorant. read what is written. there"s a fee of $300k to be paid. these petty traders dont have that kind of money. and if you dont, then your not entitled to do business there. its simple laws. they dont want their cities to turn into an "ajegunle" like place. CANT BLAME THEM!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked ahhh! the fine NIGERIAN GENTLEMEN finally arrived, like I said there are Nigerians here doing fine
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tkb417(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2010
rubbish

they said they dont want u, then stay in ur country

na by force?

however, if they dont want the petty traders, then they shouldnt want the big companies too (banks and co)

we dont have to stay there abeg.

This is getting tiring
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by yeswecan(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2010
Folks need to understand the ECOWAS pact, the decision to shut down Nigeria shops and make arrest is not against the provisions of ECOWAS. The treaty is a free trade agreement which Ghana has not yet violated.  Under ECOWAS exchange of promises, citizens of members states are allowed to trade without barriers- move without permit for 90 days. Hence one can take his goods to Ghana if he has market/suppliers there , this agreement up to this minutes still hold to this minute. It is more like European union when France recently deported Romanians, that act is not against the treaty.

To put simply, the ECOWAS treaty does not permit investors from Nigeria to move into Ghana "be it greenfield or brownfield" without complying with Ghana's term. This is very easy to understand, if you wish to set up in Ghana then you need a permit and be in compliance with Ghana domestic policies. This has no connection with ECOWAS whatsoever.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by jason12345: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2010
look nigerian let stop deceiving ourselves, unless we build our country, countries all over the world would keep insulting us sad
i mean some nigerian go to ghana to start the rubbish that were not allowed in nigeria and think they can get away with it
to my ghanian brothers i hope we can work together in peace
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by manny4life(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2010
This isn't a matter of working together in peace or not. Imposing a $300k capital is just ridiculous, I mean it's just uncalled for. Ghana is trying to use Nigerians as a means to strengthen their economy and their found Cedi that is gradually sliding. However, they going about it the wrong way. This will invoke Nigerian authorities to pass their own laws in retaliation, further weakening the Bilateral Trade Agreement between Nigeria and Ghana and yall know who suffers it the most. If I were Ghanaian authorities, I wanna increase investment, increase output and strengthen GDP, but they are certainly going about it the wrong way and watch what happens next. After looking at Ghana's economic statistics between 2007/2208/ and 2008, I was shocked. From their debt to GDP per capital, to investment to inflation. Imagine just between 2008 to 2009, Ghana had almost a 17% rise in inflation in the lows of 20s, I was like WOW, I can see how desperate they are looking for investment, but enforcing it doesn't bring it. And YES, on a statistical scale to Nigeria of 6:1, Nigeria was obviously the more better country. Less debt, more investment, increase in real growth, etc.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by jason12345: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2010
manny4life:

This isn't a matter of working together in peace or not. Imposing a $300k capital is just ridiculous, I mean it's just uncalled for. Ghana is trying to use Nigerians as a means to strengthen their economy and their found Cedi that is gradually sliding. However, they going about it the wrong way. This will invoke Nigerian authorities to pass their own laws in retaliation, further weakening the Bilateral Trade Agreement between Nigeria and Ghana and yall know who suffers it the most. If I were Ghanaian authorities, I wanna increase investment, increase output and strengthen GDP, but they are certainly going about it the wrong way and watch what happens next. After looking
u are very right, its the nigerian government that should do something
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by jhendor(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2010
the simple solution is that Nigeria should develop herself and encourage citizens to practise business here.
electricity is a factor
Ghanaians are racist and they should be careful how they act. they claim to be our friend but they are stabbing us.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2010
otumfour:

^^^ as if naija be heaven, who u tryna deceive, I don' even know where naija is, neva bin there and doubt I'll eva go there

but you know where nairaland is and visit it regularly, right?

eediot. angry

if you visit nigeria, you wont even want to return to ghana- gba be.

and is ghana heaven? No be africa una dey?

shut up!!!

is it a problem for you when you hear scottish peeps lambasting the english, or if you're in spain in the basque region.

abeg gerraway jo!!

get a life!
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
@tpiah why don' we drop the Nation bashing, lets show some respect to our dear nations,
now come here tilapia  grin grin grin your mumu face wey u dey take hide behind your pc, u toothless maxam paste using fool, u so damn ugly u even feel shy to display your gender next to your name, so u be m/f?, I'm sure u izz a female, I only diss b!tchy females like u tho, now shurrup wit tht flip/flop-like bosom of urs nonsense,
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by otumfour(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
tpiah:

if you visit nigeria, you wont even want to return to ghana- gba be.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin light go dey? grin grin grin grin grin
I luv ma Nigerian friends tho, we get along juzz fine
1 thing missing here is, we are like brothers oooo wink
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by emmaf5542(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2010
People need to realise that there are still some countries in this world where laws are still obeyed.Ghana made a law that requires all foreign nationals to invest $300,000 before starting a business ( ANY BUSINESS)-Then obey it or dont run a business in their country.This is not Nigeria, where you can bribe one Oga with N10,000 and have him bend the law for you.Measure up or get out.
Personally,I know that countries with protectionist laws like this always loose out.But thats not our business, but the business of Ghanaians.America is the largest economy in the world and the richest.Its economy is $14,000,000,000,000 ($14 trillion large).The next country is China $3 trillion large.In America (where I am right now)anyone (foreign or citizen)can start a business with $0 registration.Registring a business is designed to protect you in the case of failure.And it starts at just $25. I have been operating a business here for years and registered with nothing.I only decided to register a business with $25 so as to open a business bank account.Thats why the economy is the world's largest because they encourage businesses.I doubt if the Ghanian economy is worth $2 billion dollars.
But that aside, its their country and they make any laws they want.If you dont like it, then get out.
If they were just arresting Nigerians for nothing-I would be against that.And I was a victim of that in Ghana in 2005 when all the hotels in Accra were raided ( except of course the big hotels) and foreigners especially Nigerians were arrested.It was a harrowing experience and I was in the cell for almost 6 hours.But to their credit, we didnt pay a dime to get out, most of use were released after being interviewed.But could you blame them?In the very hotel I stayed for about 2 months (then like 70 cedis or N1000 a day)-4 Nigerian armed robbers and their girl friends had been staying.They would come back every morning-order beer at the outdoor bar and in loud voices speaking Nigerian languages celebrate their overnight exploits.At that time 70% of all armed robbers were Nigerians and 95% of all 419 fraudsters=-Nigerians.

Its not just our leaders.Its virtually the whole country.People buy JAMB papers for their kids,illegally replace NEPA lines after the NEPA has disconnected them for not paying their bill,bribe a policemman who has stoped them for not having a drivers license.Bribe their way to getting theIR child into the University even when he has failed the entrance exam,drive one way-just name IT.
The only two times we had Presidents (Heads of States) who seemed ready to do business and change the country, we killed one within 6 months and overthrew the other one in 18 months.The most corrupt ones stayed in Government the longest.
Yet you saw and still see people celebrating President Jonathan as the Messaih-not because we can point to any progressive or positive thing we have seen him do in his 11 years in elected office as Deputy Governor,Governor and Vice President and over 25 years as a civil servant-but simply because he is the new President-just the same way we hailed Abacha, Yaradua and Obasanjo when they first came to office.The corrupt Policemen, politicians,port officials,lecturers,civil servants etc are not from Mars-they are Nigerias -born and living amongst us.
Nigeria will certainly change-because we have not always been like this.As recently as 40 years ago,market women could leave their goods unattended on the expressway,use stones to indicate what the price of a tuber of yam was and people would leave the money and just 150 years ago-when the people of Oyo got tired of their King (the Alafin)-they would just send him a white calabash with a kolanut and he would get their message-commit suicide or go into exile.
So Nigerians in Ghana, obey their laws or get out.In the not too distant future-they will see and experince the stupidity of their stone age protectionist laws.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
otumfour:

@my mama why don' we drop the Nation bashing, lets show some respect for our dear nations,
now come here my senseless mama and grandmama grin grin grin your mumu face wey u dey take hide behind your pc, u toothless maxam paste using fool, u so damn ugly , I only diss b!tchy females like u tho, now shurrup wit tht flip/flop-like bosom of urs nonsense,

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by oderemo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2010
at times i wonder why we did not extend nigeria to the west right thru to GHANA and probably evade cCAMEROON long time ago.
by now these maga go dey beg for another independence,
not their fault. i blame all on eze gburugburu, for starting the civil war , and we all lost focus.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2010
Are you folks still on this?! I shock give you guys. 
ode remo:

at times i wonder why we did not extend nigeria to the west  right thru to GHANA and probably evade cCAMEROON long time ago.
by now these maga go dey beg for another independence,
not their fault. i blame all on eze gburugburu, for starting the civil war , and we all lost focus.

Listen to that dude too. . .  the arrogance in his spoutings. . .  invade where? ROFLMAO. Have you even stopped fighting among yourselves let alone invade someone's country? The impudence of a 'dying cocroach'! Dude, put your house inorder first before contemplating expanding your backyard. . . :arrow:  :arrow:
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Princek12(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
I hope Nigeria can fix her electricity problems so as to create an environment that will be conducive to business. Even if you intend on spending on $0 to start your business, you should be welcome to do so.

Ghana's law shows how imprudent the administration is. So if a foreigner with great ideas, for example Indians who moved to Silicon Valley in the USA, wants to develop a promising business from scratch, that foreigner will be unable to develop his idea into a profitable business, unless of course if he coughs out $300, which is unpractical for a fledgling business. That endangers small businesses.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2010
[QUOTE]light go dey?[/QUOTE]

Otumfour, of course light go dey. The only problem is you'd get black lung disease from inhaling generator fumes. May be he go take you go Abuja, a.k.a Nigerian Disneyworld, built for show-off,  where the life is fake.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^ abuja dey pepper your yansh sha!!

suck it up, loser.

Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by tpiah: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2010
Africason:

Are you folks still on this?! I shock give you guys.
Listen to that dude too. . . the arrogance in his spoutings. . . invade where? ROFLMAO. Have you even stopped fighting among yourselves let alone invade someone's country? The impudence of a 'dying cocroach'! Dude, put your house inorder first before contemplating expanding your backyard. . . :arrow: :arrow:

dont worry- when i have time i'll dig up info on your so-called paradise.

we'll see how peaceful things are in your hometown.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Abrantie: 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
[QUOTE]in Ghana in 2005 when all the hotels in Accra were raided ( except of course the big hotels) and foreigners especially Nigerians were arrested.It was a harrowing experience and I was in the cell for almost 6 hours.But to their credit, we didnt pay a dime to get out, most of use were released after being interviewed.But could you blame them?In the very hotel I stayed for about 2 months (then like 70 cedis or N1000 a day)-4 Nigerian armed robbers and their girl friends had been staying.They would come back every morning-order beer at the outdoor bar and in loud voices speaking Nigerian languages celebrate their overnight exploits.At that time 70% of all armed robbers were Nigerians and 95% of all 419 fraudsters=-Nigerians.[/QUOTE]

Emma, thanks for narrating your experience and point of view on this subject. Ghana is not perfect, but we can't just throw our hands up and say, "well, nothing would work so lets go to sleep". If we fukk up then we fukked up! We'd then try something else.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by oderemo(m): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2010
you go Abuja, a.k.a Nigerian Disneyworld, built for show-off,  where the life is fake.

@abrantie, which of the life you mentioned are fake, the roads, environment, the government or the populace.
charlie , you don smoke 2night?
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Golders: 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2010
is ecowas still alive in the face of this kind of treatment? why can't they learn from eu where there is free  movement of goods, personnel, skills and services.
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by chyz(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2010
Re: Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests by Africason(m): 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
tpiah:

dont worry- when i have time i'll dig up info on your so-called paradise.

we'll see how peaceful things are in your hometown.

Which hometown? You mean Germany? That's where I was born and raised. . .  but ya, I do call Ghana home cos my mum is half Ghanaian(Half Ghanaian, half 9ja) and my dad is half Ghanaian(half Ghanaian, half German) as well. . .

BTW, did you read what Emma, a fellow Nigerian wrote?
in Ghana in 2005 when all the hotels in Accra were raided ( except of course the big hotels) and foreigners especially Nigerians were arrested.It was a harrowing experience and I was in the cell for almost 6 hours.But to their credit, we didnt pay a dime to get out, most of use were released after being interviewed.But could you blame them?In the very hotel I stayed for about 2 months (then like 70 cedis or N1000 a day)-4 Nigerian armed robbers and their girl friends had been staying.They would come back every morning-order beer at the outdoor bar and in loud voices speaking Nigerian languages celebrate their overnight exploits.At that time 70% of all armed robbers were Nigerians and 95% of all 419 fraudsters=-Nigerians.

Of course, you gona ignore it and continue to spout 'whatever' as Gbawe and his cronies do so often. No one is saying Ghana is paradise but at least they don't travel outside and indulge in mass social vices as most 9ja folks do. Indeed, they might be some isolated cases of Ghanaians doing the untowards but not on a massive scale as most 9ja folks do when in someone else's country. . .

Ping. . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? / First Bank Deletes Tweet Asking Citizens To Bring Their ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Notes / Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.