Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks (31220 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Attacked In South Africa Again (Photos) / Xenophobia In South Africa: Nigerians Run During An Early Morning Attack / Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by alexmakaay(m): 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
iammo:

cry

Nigerians/ Ipobians should respect themselves in other peoples territory, be a good resedent and integrate peacefully, all this no man's land mentality and December / Xmas hustle for village show off brings about strong hate

PS.: Before you quote me to wail and type sentimental bullshiiit , try and offer a solution rather than wail endlessly just like 90% of the comments.

First wailer you are!!

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by 9gerian: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
This makes sense and deserves deep soul searching for all that are affected by this mindset.

Every criticism is an opportunity for improvement...

Igbos are good people. So are Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas, and other tribes. We just need to borrow from each the good attributes (because we know them, even if we are too proud to admit it to each other) and desert the negative cultures.

Rotimi47:

TheCable

HomepageViewpoint
The Igbo crime culture
Fredrick Nwabufo in On the GoTop StoriesViewpoint

In the sweltering heat of a serial lynching and killing of Igbo citizens in Asia in 2013, I wrote an article entitled, ‘The Igbo fallacy’. In it, I appealed to the Igbo to de-emphasise the culture of profligacy, decadent opulence, debauchery and vanity which fuels the pursuit of crime by their own.

I am compelled to revivify the article here, but with a few adjustments. I say it again; the Igbo take the inglorious front row in certain crimes – drug peddling, armed robbery and kidnapping – at home and abroad.

In August 2016, an Igbo drug dealer was guillotined in Indonesia. But his funeral in Anambra was a shin-dig of celebrations. He was even described as a “hero” by his kinsmen.

Once again, an Igbo kidnapping lord, who unleashed barbarity and savagery on many Nigerians, has steadied attention on the “special” crime proclivities of the ethnic group. I will not dwell on this; I will zero in on Igbo criminality abroad, and take a slight detour home.

As a matter of fact, a good number of Igbo youth in Asia are into crime. It was reported sometime in the year that the India police said all Nigerians – Igbo, of course – in their country were drug dealers. Although, this is questionable, it cannot be entirely repudiated.

Arguably, the reason for Igbo sojourning – to even the remotest of places in the world – has been attributed to their much vaunted entrepreneurial spirit. The truth is that this claim is enclosed in heavy, meaty layers of fallacy like the entrails of burger.

Inasmuch as the “entrepreneurial sojourning” thread cannot be utterly pooh-poohed, it is judicious to explore other reasons why the Igbo are peripatetic. First, in Igbo ethology, it is a cringing evil for a native, man or woman, to commit a “stigmatised” crime (Alu) such as armed robbery, drug-dealing, etc at home. This is not an obviation of abhorrent crimes committed at home by some unabashed Igbo criminals. The truth is, the “home” Igbo criminals are a hopeless and shameless horde whose self esteem and sense of shame are terribly at their nadir, and as a result purvey crimes at home. Inter alia, for any stigmatised crime committed at home (Igbo land) there is a stern reprimand implicit in the cleansing of the crime. The sacerdotal process of cleansing the land of a crime or an abomination is called “Ikpu Alu”. However, “Ikpu Alu” (cleansing of abominations) does not extend to crimes committed by Igbo sons and daughters in places outside the native dome. It is therefore not surprising if some Igbo persons commit heinous crimes in obverse places, and come back home to take chieftaincy titles. As a matter of fact, in some morally weak Igbo communities it is a brave thing to traffic in drugs abroad. Drug barons are gleefully celebrated as Ndi kara Obi (lion-hearted people). Such is the pantomime of the Igbo and crimes.

It is therefore indubitable to posit that an unenviable number of Igbo persons with innate criminal manuals travel outside the Igbo enclave to pursue crimes. This confutes the general idea that the sojourning of the Igbo is driven solely by entrepreneurial inclinations and motives. To a large extent, the sojourning of some Igbo is driven by a morbid aim of shielding their evil trades from the peering eyes of their kinsmen. Their names are protected as long as they do not traffic in crimes at home. The important thing is to be successful in crimes abroad; successful enough to build vulgar mansions at home and throw lazy cash about.

To animate my argument further, what is the entrepreneurial inclination or motive of the Igbo in India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, South Africa, and other countries peddling drugs? Is the entrepreneurial spirit of the Igbo only awakened abroad? Why should the Igbo entrepreneurial spirit find its host cozily and lopsidedly outside Igbo land? Is there a marriage between Igbo criminality across the world and Igbo entrepreneurial genome? These are questions that defeat the long, tired argument of Igbo entrepreneurial “peripatetism.”

The fact is the “entrepreneurial” beat-up logic and reason for Igbo sojourning is a bored excuse.

Analogously, Igbo sojourning atavism is also effectuated by pride, ego and vanity. A typical Igbo person will want to prove he is successful in anyway. It is wickedly mortifying to be seen as struggling in Igbo land. This underscores the reason many Igbo persons smuggle themselves out of Nigeria, and because it is thought that any person in Obodo Oyibo (white man’s country) or even anywhere outside Igbo land is “doing well”. Those Igbo persons who are “cursed” to be in Igbo land are seen as struggling and as such do not deserve the courtesy of admiration and respect. It is a proud thing for an Igbo father to say, “All my children are in the abroad”; even though “the abroad” is Gabon. Such a father courts the respect, envy and admiration of other fathers in Igbo land. This is the awful linkage between Igbo sojourning and base vanity.

In all, there are Igbo persons in the scrawny good number whose sojourn in foreign countries is not tainted by any evil intent or base vanity, but it is a bleeding fact that the singular Igbo entrepreneurial logic for sojourning is one big smorgasbord of fallacy
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by permit(m): 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
grin the world is a global village, you don't restrict people's movement from their village grin
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by JBoss25(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

OSU ipob pigs retadds always bringing tribalism to everything
That's why they have remained backward in their own land
see your username you bastard, stop being a hypocritical fool, and who started it first? Wasn't it your Yoruba people? idiot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Lekan1o1: 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
dfrost:

I'm telling you. I'm getting tired of this tribalism issue. embarassed cry
We are sitting on a keg of powder.
It keeps getting worst
It's very sad, sometimes I don't want to login here becoz of this
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by JBoss25(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

OSU FUCKTARDDD
GO FUUCCCCCKKKKK YOURSELF
you're a bloody fool, you're not worth my time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by mbos: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
KingSango:

As an American I love Nigerians they bring business and life to an area

The Caucasians and the house niggers in South Africa keep the South Africa poor as dirt

Have you seen the areas reserve for them They gave them the poorest land and cut them out of every resource

It's still that way for the poor South African youth oppressed in their own land in the richest economy in Africa

They leaders give them the Nigerians to hate because Nigerians showing them how to create your own market

ALL AFRICANS CAN ONLY BE ONE WHEN NATIONALITIES LIKE BIAFRA ARE ALLOWED TO BE FREE FROM MANIPULATION.. FREEDOM WHICH IPOB BIAFRANS, POLISARIO OF WESTERN SAHARA E.T.C.. SEEK. THEN WE CAN NOW NEGOTIATE TO BE ONE. UNITY IS NOT BY INTIMIDATION.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
JBoss25:
you're a bloody fool, you're not worth my time.
D0LT
GO FVCK YOURSELF I SAID
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Rotimi47: 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
9gerian:
This makes sense and deserves deep soul searching for all that are affected by this mindset.

Every criticism is an opportunity for improvement...

Igbos are good people. So are Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas, and other tribes. We just need to borrow from each the good attributes (because we know them, even if we are too proud to admit it to each other) and desert the negative cultures.

I don't have any beef against igbos as a tribe as I have pals and people whom i do business with who are igbos.
I also so have family members who are half Yoruba and half igbo ( Don't laugh at my description).

Let me say that I totally dislike people who always jump at everything to diss me or my tribe.

Go check out my comments and you will see that they are responses to negative and unconstructive comments made by a person or some people.

The truth is that If you come for me, I will definitely reciprocate the gesture.

However, we can only get over this if we respect and treat each other right.

My 1cent.
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by UKBobo(m): 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=

No mind the ignorant 5% of hateful afonjas...they are Radio Milles Collines online. They spout the same ish the Hutus talked before war came to their door.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by UKBobo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xander85:

Never let a people you despise...a people who don't even know you exist, have this kind of power over your existence! You're on a downward slippery slope to suicide!

That guy never uses pillow to sleep on, he puts rope around his neck and sleeps praying Baba will put him out of his misery. Baba refuses as he hates spineless cretins. He then wakes up and projects his self hate online.

Tell me where u dey. I can help you yank rope well, well!

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by UKBobo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xander85:

Never let a people you despise...a people who don't even know you exist, have this kind of power over your existence! You're on a downward slippery slope to suicide!

That guy never uses pillow to sleep on, he puts rope around his neck and sleeps praying Baba will put him out of his misery. Baba refuses as he hates spineless cretins. He then wakes up and projects his self hate online.

Tell me where u dey. I can help you yank rope well, well!

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by hollywater: 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
iammo:

cry

Nigerians/ Ipobians should respect themselves in other peoples territory, be a good resedent and integrate peacefully, all this no man's land mentality and December / Xmas hustle for village show off brings about strong hate

PS.: Before you quote me to wail and type sentimental bullshiiit , try and offer a solution rather than wail endlessly just like 90% of the comments.

Ewure the boy Sars just killed last week was he an IPOB?He is a Yoruba boy,who ran back to Nigeria last 2 years because of this same thing going on now.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by iammo(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
hollywater:
Ewure th he boy Sars just killed last week was he an IPOB?He is a Yoruba boy,who ran back to Nigeria last 2 years because of this same thing going on now.

Aguntan Mr meysoro my first word clearly reads Nigerian before a slash ipobian but your hatred wouldn't let you see that just ipob and you start ranting without offering or suggesting any solution. People like you make up the huge statistics of useless Nigerian who don't think to better humanity but irresponsibly wail all day and blame others
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Veridicus: 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
Obviously South Africans are behind much of the ethnic hate steering among Nigerians on this forum. Either that or some group sponsored abroad are experimenting on Nigerians, using the age old divide and rule that has always worked on Africans. It is fascinating how Nigerians are always guided away from attacking foreigners responsible for atrocities against them into attacking themselves. It is kind of galling to imagine that those responsible for this slight of trick are laughing at Nigerians and congratulating themselves.

I guess they get away with it by seeming to be Nigerians when you check on their profile and you read past post seemingly on Nigerian issues like local politics. But this is what you would do if you aim to fool your victims. You would create local history and use core local terms and drawn inferences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Nonychinonso(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
shocked
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by KingSango(m): 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
mbos:

ALL AFRICANS CAN ONLY BE ONE WHEN NATIONALITIES LIKE BIAFRA ARE ALLOWED TO BE FREE FROM MANIPULATION.. FREEDOM WHICH IPOB BIAFRANS, POLISARIO OF WESTERN SAHARA E.T.C.. SEEK. THEN WE CAN NOW NEGOTIATE TO BE ONE. UNITY IS NOT BY INTIMIDATION.

Demands of BIAFRA can only come through open negotiations and consensus

The problem at hand is a threat all our unions and groups that is sell outs who inspire violence against our economic rise

I am pained by the sight of Africans killing Africans and it's benefiting our common enemy

I have no issue with South Africans who work for liberation and the ones ignorant of our rise

We need to help those liberation South Africans to come to power so we would have local security on the liberation side

Reduce the envy by finding those in love with being African first

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by exminister(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
iammo:

Just look at what hate and animalistic arrogance made you choose as your username MADmohammed , not only is Muhammad the most popular name in the world, it's also a name to an Islamic prophet similar to saying MADmoses to spite jews or MADJesus to spite Christians..... and if you face a terrible repercussions or punishment from the over billions of Muslims you try to spite, your family turn around to claim racism xenophobia and terrorism.
Look man if you get an opportunity to leave in another man's land stop you silly "na me smart pass " "na me hustle pass" "no man's land" mentality
u hav time to type all this, Lazy youth.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by iammo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
exminister:
u hav time to type all this, Lazy youth.

Hardworking youth show us your Bentley na, fvctard
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by hollywater: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
iammo:

Aguntan Mr meysoro my first word clearly reads Nigerian before a slash ipobian but your hatred wouldn't let you see that just ipob and you start ranting without offering or suggesting any solution. People like you make up the huge statistics of useless Nigerian who don't think to better humanity but irresponsibly wail all day and blame others
If you had a good intentions, you would have added IPOB after stating Nigerians first.
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Jomofe: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
I still do not know the kind of blood covenant Nigerians in south Africa has entered into that has made them to stay back in a place where they are killed and harassed. Must you live in south Africa? There are other southern African countries that welcomes Nigerians with open hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by ck470: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
iammo:
if u want to make comments use ur brains to do it not ur teeth or tribal marks

cry

may you shut
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Chipink(f): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
See mumu.
Go and get Dubai visa na.
Go and get US, SA, UK and Canadian visas na.
Abi your passport is not green like my own?
Common sense is not common.
Headslammers. You don't know your people are feared all over the world. ?
Let me borrow this recent viral adage.
The butterfly who thinks himself an eagle go soon learn fast like the lizard of Ubima who thought himself a crocodile grin
See them

Nne when u post endeavor to add the tribe.
We are posting for international viewers not NIGEIRA... Nigerians already know how everyone is.
AFONJAS want to bring the game international and make east look like the devils den before the world..
They think only them has monopoly of tribalism.
So let the games begin.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by nwanyionitsha: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
Chipink:

Nne when u post endeavor to add the tribe.
We are posting for international viewers not NIGEIRA... Nigerians already know how everyone is.
AFONJAS want to bring the game international and make east look like the devils den before the world..
They think only them has monopoly of tribalism.
So let the games begin.
Ok.
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Lovemaester: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
able1993:
This would not have happened if their own country was conducive to live. So far between 2015 , Nigeria has become another thing. it's really difficult when you don't select the right leader or you don't have the right leader to select. Even after the vandalism, they won't still return to Nigeria because the hope of rising again or doing better over there is still higher than in Nigeria. Nigeria has continued to feature at the top of every bad index from the United Nations. From poverty capital, to the most hungry, to the unhappiest people and the likes. Yet, the rhetorics is they are fighting corruption and we are doing better. Should doing better not be the verdict of the people or how do you participate in a match and still ref the match....

Do you need motivation or words of encouragement on how to pick back the pieces of your life, pass your exams, believe in yourself, build up your self esteem, business strategies or follow up successful men like Bill Gates, Thomas Sankara, Jerry Rawlings, Steve Jobs, Jack Ma and more, then visit Success stories

you were on track until you mentioned 2015 trying to say we started voting bad leaders beginning from 2015 which shows you are a big FOOL because buhari is far better than the bufoons before him who majorly contributed to the mess we are in today
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by IvarTheTerrible: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xander85:

Xander85 to his fagg0t father

You're such a pathetic swine! All you think of day and night are 'piglets', Biafra and Igbo!

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by IvarTheTerrible: 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
GMbuharii:

GMbuharii to his useless homosexual father:

Another big fagg0t... at 40

grin

I agree. My condolences
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by GMbuharii: 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

I agree. My condolences

grin

Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Emmanuel226(m): 7:59am On Apr 05, 2019
alexxo11:
grin grin grin see this goat....catch them doing what exactly in nigeriacatch catch catch....have you ever heard of angels leaving heaven and go meandering around in helluse your brain.
looks like you're a southafrican
Re: South Africa: Nigerians Attacked, Shops Looted In Fresh Xenophic Attacks by Emmanuel226(m): 8:01am On Apr 05, 2019
alexxo11:
grin grin grin see this goat....catch them doing what exactly in nigeriacatch catch catch....have you ever heard of angels leaving heaven and go meandering around in helluse your brain.
you know what, pls mind d way ya talk 2 me,stop insulting me for no just cause, social media is not a platform for quarrel, its for learning smiley
hope u understood what i meant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EndSARS: Protesters Take To The Streets In Ibadan (Video, Picture) / Vikings Member & Armed Robber Killed By Police In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Policeman Shoots Driver Dead In Onitsha (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.