Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash (30236 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by mapet: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2019
psucc:
The word "incontrovertible" is what I do not understand. The CJN explained this, the Bank Statement was made available in the Court and the Registrar of the SC and the bank Staff were interrogated and gave credence to the CJN's claims. Then where comes the "incontrovertibility" of the allegations?

Or is Onnoghen guilty as charged?

You are mixing two things together. The EFCC investigation and allegations are different from what is @CCB. The Minister of Justice is championing the one @CCB.

The EFCC sent its report to NJC. The report showed that;

1. Onnoghen had over a $1m which was not declared
2. That Joe Agi, a lawyer who had had cases before Onnoghen, made $$$ payments into Onnoghen account and the reasons could not be defended.

The NJC gave Onnoghen the freedom to defend/explain these. That he could not..........

So what makes it incontrovertible is that the defense could not defend/puncture the evidence against them.....simply put "He was nabbed red-handed"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Afamed: 10:25am On Apr 04, 2019
igwefivestar:
I will wike u if u quote me again. grin
E pain am .
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by tuniski: 10:28am On Apr 04, 2019
kayusely70:
In saner climes, he would have resigned but not in nigeria where we celebrate corruption and worship money.
Like Trump resigned abi?
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by tuniski: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2019
mapet:

You are mixing two things together. The EFCC investigation and allegations are different from what is @CCB. The Minister of Justice is championing the one @CCB.

2. That Joe Agi, a lawyer who had had cases before Onnoghen, made $$$ payments into Onnoghen account and the reasons could not be defended.

The NJC gave Onnoghen the freedom to defend/explain these. That he could not..........

So what makes it incontrovertible is that the defense could not defend/puncture the evidence against them.....simply put "He was nabbed red-handed"
Are you paid to Spin? Anyway, what a poor job you just did.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Afamed: 10:41am On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:
Your rants are background noise. Ex CJN is a goner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by tuniski: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Afamed:

Your rants are background noise. Ex CJN is a goner
Okay he is a goner, how has that improve your gig?
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by igwefivestar(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2019
Afamed:

E pain am .
e no pain me anything.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Afamed: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2019
igwefivestar:
e no pain me anything.
I know say e pain you, talk true
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by igwefivestar(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2019
Afamed:

I know say e pain you, talk true
grin grin why e go pain me. Try more hard maybe u are close to making it pain me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by maasoap(m): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2019
dokyOloye:
Tinubu's thenationonline has started another round of lies against the CJN.
Where is the millions of dollars found in the CJN's account?
See how they've carefully rehashed allegations that d CJN has previously responded satisfactorily to and the cashier + the chief registrar corroborated?
Funny how same ppl are constantly being used to undermine the South.
Racoon:
I mean this nation is a terrible country.Just imagine these horrible lies after the FG itself became helpless about the lies its has peddled against the CJN.
clarocuzioo:
Honestly speaking APC is evil. The type of wicked politics they have brought into the system will hurt this country for decades.
I read the submission of the CJN in defence of those petty allegations, and I wept for this country. His defence was comprehensive with verifiable facts , highly logical and reasonable, and you wonder why the executive will even initiate this process in the first place.

Now look at the rubbish being written up there. Look at how they put it "
The opening of a dollar account in Standard Chartered Bank for the CJN by a lawyer, Joe Agi, with $30,000 was said to be unhealthy."
First of all this simply a domicilliary account that commoners have these days, is what they are making an issue for a CJN having.

Secondly, look at how they are making noise about $30K, while Osibanjo has such account with a balance of $900K , Osibanjo that was a mere commissioner for justice compared to the CJN?, Hypocrisy.

What I am sure is the evil politics being played by APC will still turn back and hurt them, Rochas and Amosun can attest to that.

There was a country indeed! Why would any sane Nigerian support this corrupt bastard?
All those blood money in his account should be confiscated to the last kobo.

1 Like

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Guk: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2019
clarocuzioo:
Honestly speaking APC is evil. The type of wicked politics they have brought into the system will hurt this country for decades.
I read the submission of the CJN in defence of those petty allegations, and I wept for this country. His defence was comprehensive with verifiable facts , highly logical and reasonable, and you wonder why the executive will even initiate this process in the first place.

Now look at the rubbish being written up there. Look at how they put it "
The opening of a dollar account in Standard Chartered Bank for the CJN by a lawyer, Joe Agi, with $30,000 was said to be unhealthy."
First of all this simply a domicilliary account that commoners have these days, is what they are making an issue for a CJN having.

Secondly, look at how they are making noise about $30K, while Osibanjo has such account with a balance of $900K , Osibanjo that was a mere commissioner for justice compared to the CJN?, Hypocrisy.

What I am sure is the evil politics being played by APC will still turn back and hurt them, Rochas and Amosun can attest to that.

When you are sent to school and you refuse to learn, its in public like this you show your illiteracy.

How can you compare Osinbajo and CJN dollar money? How?? It is publicly documented that (1) Osinbajo worked in the Hague (2) Worked for UN Peace Keeping force (3) MTN shareholder and lastly (4) received millions of dollars for winning case against Pfizer on behalf of Kano State govt.

Pls go and read and educate those who have bn clicking like for you so that you all don't continue peddling ignorance

1 Like

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by angelicwing: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
frankmoney:
Lol where is that pachukwudi guy that kept saying onnoghen would be reinstated
He is probably in a mental institution now.

1 Like

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by ogatboy(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
ubongokon:
GOOD MOVE, CORRUPTION MUST LEAVE NIGERIA.
YET SOME IDIOTIC PDP FELLOW TAKES HIM AS THEIR HERO

How do corruption leave when you don't try the corruption. Media trial won't work. The guy is ready to defend himself. Una must finish the case and let the law take its course. Thats how you fight corruption not using corruption by negotiating to fight corruption.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Ayed44: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
mapet:

Let the EFCC also charge Onnoghen to court and let the court decides his fate. Enough of media trial.
Also, if the NJC found Onnoghen culpable, let the NJC recommends his prosecution rather than working out soft landing d for him. Giving a corrupt person a soft landing is also corruption and criminal.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Ayed44: 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
maasoap:

There was a country indeed! Why would any sane Nigerian support this corrupt bastard?
All those blood money in his account should be confiscated to the last kobo.
Let the so called corrupt bastard be prosecuted and jailed. No more media trial. And we say no to giving a soft landing to a corrupt bastard. Only a corrupt bastard will give another corrupt bastard a soft landing. Take him to court.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
garfield1:

Guy,lets be factual for once.no matter their findings,they will never ask onnoghen to be reinstated.the most likely recommendation is what they just made.you should be familiar with judicial system and its workings.they may also call for the retirement of tanko.you dont need any newspaper to tell you that.its like you waiting for the social media to report who super eagles coach will invite when you have a good idea of the likely invitee.tuniski and pa chikwudi how far
it doesn't matter I hope onnoghen fights his case like salami did during Jonathan time...if d man is guilty why recommend him for retirement with full benefits...why has NJC chosen to be quiet in d face of tyranny...we are now in a quandary cos tanko appointment might not be approved by d senate and u know he can't act based on d law...for me onnoghen she fight his case straight to Supreme Court let's us know if his removal was valid to serve as precedent....its sad hw we kill institution in dis country
..dis is hw d military made d police weak today and lead us to a stupid disguised unitary state we are operating...one tin sm of u biased mofos failed to realize dat it is not about onnoghen but d sanctity of our institution...onnoghen is a victim of politics...and it's unfair to a man who put in years in a noble career

1 Like

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by garfield1: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
it doesn't matter I hope onnoghen fights his case like salami did during Jonathan time...if d man is guilty why recommend him for retirement with full benefits...why has NJC chosen to be quiet in d face of tyranny...we are now in a quandary cos tanko appointment might not be approved by d senate and u know he can't act based on d law...for me onnoghen she fight his case straight to Supreme Court let's us know if his removal was valid to serve as precedent....its sad hw we kill institution in dis country
..dis is hw d military made d police weak today and lead us to a stupid disguised unitary state we are operating...one tin sm of u biased mofos failed to realize dat it is not about onnoghen but d sanctity of our institution...onnoghen is a victim of politics...and it's unfair to a man who put in years in a noble career
Nice submission.what if onnoghen is actually guilty? What if actually the fg caught him conspiring with atiku as alleged? Another strong allegation is that angle of using joe agi as his front for bribes.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
garfield1:

Nice submission.what if onnoghen is actually guilty? What if actually the fg caught him conspiring with atiku as alleged? Another strong allegation is that angle of using joe agi as his front for bribes.
guy u get sense at all?? where is d evidence of onnoghen colluding with atiku...let me not even waste my time with u cos u guys thrive on useless propaganda....make una jst tel us to suspend the constitution and national assembly so that Buhari can be a monarch...what nonsense reply from an unrepentant apc urchin...
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by Ayed44: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
garfield1:

If Onnoghen is actually guilty, let him face the full punishment. No need retiring him with full benefits after finding him guilty. Let Onnoghen be prosecuted and be either case convicted or acquitted, posterity sake.

1 Like

Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by mapet: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2019
Ayed44:
Let the EFCC also charge Onnoghen to court and let the court decides his fate. Enough of media trial.
Also, if the NJC found Onnoghen culpable, let the NJC recommends his prosecution rather than working out soft landing d for him. Giving a corrupt person a soft landing is also corruption and criminal.

I don't understand what you mean by "media trial". EFCC followed the due process by first taking Onnoghen's case to the NJC as stipulated by the law, before any additional steps. Is that media trial? I think you should familiarise yourself with the process.

I agree with your position wrt "soft landing". The reason why PMB has called on Osinbajo to interprete and tell him the implications of the NJC recommendation.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by mapet: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2019
tuniski:

I would have expected you state the correct position if you call my submission a spin; but I suspect you do not know and incapable of doing so
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by psucc(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2019
mapet:

The NJC gave Onnoghen the freedom to defend/explain these. T[b]hat he could not..........
[/b]

You can do well to search for Onnoghen's responds to those charges. Even the said Joe Agi also made a statement to that effect.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by mapet: 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2019
psucc:

You can do well to search for Onnoghen's responds to those charges. Even the said Joe Agi also made a statement to that effect.

Bros,

Anybody can put up a statement of defense but if the panel of judges (NJC) deemed both (Onnoghen & Agi's) defence as unacceptable, then they have not controverted the claim. It's that logically simple.

I heard Onnoghen's claim of gifts for his daughter's wedding. That in itself is absurd, because judges have "signed" to some form of separation. Judges do know not to collect such gifts because it will compromise their positions and can never be defended. Is the $1m+ a gift? I also wonder who made Onnoghen's bank account number available to Joe Agi and why didn't Onnoghen return such funds on discovery? When Bisi Akande was governor of Osun State. Some state funds "mixed" with the expenses for his daughter's wedding without his knowledge. On discovery, Gov Akande issued a cheque, refunding back into the state coffers. A retired chief judge did not even attend the reception and party of his daughter's wedding.
Re: NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash by maasoap(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ayed44:
Let the so called corrupt bastard be prosecuted and jailed. No more media trial. And we say no to giving a soft landing to a corrupt bastard. Only a corrupt bastard will give another corrupt bastard a soft landing. Take him to court.

He's already in court now. Who are the people trying to give him soft landing here? His colleagues at the NJC. They want to force Buhari's hands.
And there's nothing like media trial my friend. We, Nigerians deserve to know what is happening in our country through media. It's our right. And it is duty and responsibility of the media to report events.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Channels TV Accused Of Editing Video Of Interview With Femi Adesina / Abba Kyari Demands ₦500 Million Against NDLEA Over 'Unlawful Detention' / Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.