Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State (22848 Views)

Zulum Gives ₦100Million To 152 Ex-Thugs For Renouncing Thuggery In Borno / Banditry: I Killed Over 20, But I Have Repented - Naziru Sani / MURIC To FG: Treat Repented Boko-Haram/ISWAP Fighters Like Brothers, Train Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by lilmarley: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Wizygreat12:
wish myself a day soft as silk.. white as milk.. sweet as honey&full of money. may all my dreams come true.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY To MySelf....My Pple show me ❤is my Day

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by idonhammer: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Just imagine, even waya waya is totally impossible to quit and repent even with all the millions made..How can it be possible for a Boko Haram a known terrorist to repent?mbanu

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Denikayan: 10:19am On Apr 04, 2019
[s]
Awol1:

Of course.

In 20 to 30 years, those guys would be in charge of commanding positions in the army. They will be in charge of the armoury. They will execute jihad with state resources.

They've been reformed in the eyes of the gullible but I can tell you that these guys still very much hold tight to their ideology.

Buhari and his co-jihadists have discovered it won't be easy to execute brutal jihad on Nigeria due to our diversity and they've resorted to going systemic about it.

My pain is so many southerners are useful idiots to this administration and cheering them on.

Just imagine over 100 terrorists in the army. And this is like first batch o. More are still to come.

We need to wake up.
[/s]

You have headache!
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Lexusgs430: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2019
I hope they would not be given any form of ammunition?.....
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by obailala(m): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2019
I'm guessing a bullet should have been put in the head of each one of them. That would have been a more accepted outcome for many people. But unfortunately, that wouldnt be possible, they should never have been taken prisoners in the first place.
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Consciency: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2019
nawa o, this country won't cease to amaze me...well make sure they are all deployed to boko haram ravaged area asap...they must eat the fruits of their labour!!!!
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by lawrsmith(m): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2019
miteolu:
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday graduated 152 ex-insurgents undergoing 12 months de-radicalisation training in Gombe State, Native Reporters learnt.

Martins said the programme was a clear attestation to the Federal Government’s action against using combat in depleting the manpower of Boko Haram.

He said the programme would enhance the acceptance of the clients in the society having been subjected to several vocational pieces of training that would make them more useful and self-reliant.

“The Federal Government is using this programme to cut the abilities of the sect to recruit more members and also ensure defection into the programme by other insurgents.

“By the time this is achieved, the government will be able to reduce the numbers of free hands the sect recruits to fight it.

“Based on the assessment, the programme has done a lot in reforming the fighters against the government.

“The programme has achieved more compared to other similar programmes in Somalia and Saudi Arabia, where de-radicalization programmes are being implemented. There are no records of de-radicalized members going back to the sect,” he said.

Martins said the government was employing other non-combat approaches to fight the insurgents.

The programme coordinator said with sustained efforts and partnership with international organizations, the end of Boko Haram was in sight.

Mr. Abba Umar, a member of Bama Community, commended the federal government and the Army for the love shown to their brothers.

“We are happy that the federal government is doing this. If not that we are here, it will be difficult to believe what we have seen. We are satisfied with everything here.

“We thank the government for the rehabilitation and vocational training that will make them breadwinners after leaving the camp.”

Mr. Zanna Yakubu, who spoke on behalf of Bama Community, commended the federal government for equipping the ex-insurgents with the skills to be self-reliant.

Yakubu said the training would help in debunking criticisms in the foreign media on government’s efforts to end the insurgency in the country.

Mohammed Modu, a graduate of the programme, lauded the government’s efforts in rehabilitating the ex-insurgents.

He said he was going back to the society as a repentant Boko Haram member, adding that he would tell people how good the government had been to them while in camp.

Modu said one of the problems of the insurgency was that many youths do not trust the government, adding that this had made it easy for the sect to lure them into its den.

He stressed that with the love demonstrated by the government during the training, no one would be able to deceive him again.

http://www.nativereporters.com/army-graduates-152-repented-boko-haram-in-gombe-state/
repented book haram? A terrorist repented? Tell that to the gods
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Cyoung4real(m): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2019
Denikayan:
[s][/s]

You have headache!

You are very very stew peed sad

2 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by NotComplaining: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2019
How are we suppose to know they werent soldiers in the first place doing the Armys bidding?
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by blackboy(m): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2019
Very bad. The NA is now turning to a breeding ground for terrorist. No where in the world is this done. This is not justice. Who says their mindset has changed? Do they believe in a secular Nigeria. Which psychiatric evaluated them or certified them repentant.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Consciency: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:
I hope they would not be given any form of ammunition?.....
Na cane dey wan carry before?
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Denikayan: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2019
PussyKing:
sad sad sad

GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE BUHARI I SWEAR THIS DAY

SO BECAUSE THOSE MEMBERS THREATENED TO CONFESS THE TRUTH ABOUT BOKOHARAM SPONSORS, THEY ARE NOW REPENTANTS?

Your head is paining you.
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by arrestdarrester: 10:24am On Apr 04, 2019
This is a mistake.

Whatever indoctrination they have been given by the NA, can it match the oath they have taken at BH or AQ?

Well, deploy them to the front lines immediately and test run their new resolve.

May God help us
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Jabioro: 10:25am On Apr 04, 2019
Who offended us or who do we offended..we are not doing the right thing and do not expect thing to be right..Graduated to cause more havoc...
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 04, 2019
sinaj:
Nigeria my country!

Where is the justice for those that were burned alive, killed in cold blood, kids that were maimed, soldiers that were killed and families that lost their lost ones and properties n this war?

So Nigerian army recruit boko harams and cry about moles in the army.

Naija I hail o!

1.The Army is not recruiting them

2.They are going back into civilian life.

3.Most Boko Haram fighters are forced into it. There are the hardcore members of course.

4.In Liberia, the UN ran similar projects for liberian fighters in their civil war. Many of them were involved in brutal crimes. Where was the justice.

5.In former Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, rebels against the white Government of Ian Smith were responsible for atrocities against whites and blacks, Some of them were caught and rehabilitated, and turned into fighters for the same government they were fighting.They were called tame terrorists...and some of them helped train the elite Selous Scouts...an integrated unit of the Rhodesian Army that was better than all their units toghether.
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Evercurious(f): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

Of course.

In 20 to 30 years, those guys would be in charge of commanding positions in the army. They will be in charge of the armoury. They will execute jihad with state resources.

They've been reformed in the eyes of the gullible but I can tell you that these guys still very much hold tight to their ideology.

Buhari and his co-jihadists have discovered it won't be easy to execute brutal jihad on Nigeria due to our diversity and they've resorted to going systemic about it.

My pain is so many southerners are useful idiots to this administration and cheering them on.

Just imagine over 100 terrorists in the army. And this is like first batch o. More are still to come.

We need to wake up.

Hmmmmm....SO ON POINT
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Awaja(m): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Very absurd country,this won’t go down well with the families of dead soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by davien(m): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Anyone who's decided to be an insurgent is already quite ready to die for his beliefs, please kill them.. not because they can't change, but to show others the consequences of such choices.

Else some would adopt a "repentant" status as double agents, feeding Intel to the terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Josh44s(m): 10:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Abeg who get visa wey he/she nor dey use. I wan use am go see my Mama for Canada. I promise to return it back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

[s]
Of course.

We need to wake up.[/s]

I hardly respond to posts like this...but most of these ex-terrorists are going back to civilian life.

If this is how PDP wants to campaign for 2023....by scare tactics...then I am sorry for them

Grow up. And stop spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Evercurious(f): 10:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Were Niger Delta ex-militants drafted into the Nigerian Army?

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by lionel4mercy: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2019
You dont mean it... after 12 months they can wear uniform and graduate and claim that they have been cleared. i rest my case
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Evercurious(f): 10:30am On Apr 04, 2019
BUHARI IS BOKO HARAM

2 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by megareal: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2019
Can a leopard change it's spots? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 04, 2019
obailala:
I'm guessing a bullet should have been put in the head of each one of them. That would have been a more accepted outcome for many people. But unfortunately, that wouldnt be possible, they should never have been taken prisoners in the first place.

If we had done the same thing to Niger Delta millitants...whose activities were making Nigerians suffer...both in terms of finances and worsening the environmental situation...we would have never seen an end to the crisis in the Delta. We did amnesty.

How about Liberia. Many men and boys who were in the fighting, who were involved in brutal murder and rape, and pillage...were rehabilitated, given some dollars and a radio and released back in to the civilian life...Shouldunt they have been dealt with?

The sad thing about planet Earth is that nothing is black and white. Many of them Bokists were press ganged into their army.

Who knows...many of them have prolly provided useful intelligence to our Army.
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by omoteacher(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Only the wicked citizens enjoy in this Naija while the law abiding citizens are frustrated. Empowering BHT, there was a country indeed.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Evercurious(f): 10:33am On Apr 04, 2019
Denikayan:
[s][/s]

You have headache!

No dear....You do
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2019
arrestdarrester:
This is a mistake.

Whatever indoctrination they have been given by the NA, can it match the oath they have taken at BH or AQ?

Well, deploy them to the front lines immediately and test run their new resolve.

May God help us

Meanwhile from the article...

r.
Abba Umar, a member of Bama Community, commended the federal government and the Army for the love shown to their brothers.

“We are happy that the federal government is doing this. If not that we are here, it will be difficult to believe what we have seen. We are satisfied with everything here.

“We thank the government for the rehabilitation and vocational training that will make them breadwinners after leaving the camp.”

Mr. Zanna Yakubu, who spoke on behalf of Bama Community, commended the federal government for equipping the ex-insurgents with the skills to be self-reliant.

They got some vocational training, and are going back to civilian life. Not to fight in the ARMY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Cityguy: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2019
These people should stop deluding themselves about reforming any BH terrorist. Why are they so dumb? Those mofos are only pretending reformed. The other day, one that was released was in the video threatening us more brimstones from their base in sambisa. They are like lions, they have tasted blood and there's no going back. However, I'm not surprised. I would be if this army acts otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by Lexusgs430: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Consciency:
Na cane dey wan carry before?

I think cane & baton is ALL they are allowed to carry.........
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by chadrain: 10:35am On Apr 04, 2019
miteolu:
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday graduated 152 ex-insurgents undergoing 12 months de-radicalisation training in Gombe State, Native Reporters learnt.

Martins said the programme was a clear attestation to the Federal Government’s action against using combat in depleting the manpower of Boko Haram.

He said the programme would enhance the acceptance of the clients in the society having been subjected to several vocational pieces of training that would make them more useful and self-reliant.

“The Federal Government is using this programme to cut the abilities of the sect to recruit more members and also ensure defection into the programme by other insurgents.

“By the time this is achieved, the government will be able to reduce the numbers of free hands the sect recruits to fight it.

“Based on the assessment, the programme has done a lot in reforming the fighters against the government.

“The programme has achieved more compared to other similar programmes in Somalia and Saudi Arabia, where de-radicalization programmes are being implemented. There are no records of de-radicalized members going back to the sect,” he said.

Martins said the government was employing other non-combat approaches to fight the insurgents.

The programme coordinator said with sustained efforts and partnership with international organizations, the end of Boko Haram was in sight.

Mr. Abba Umar, a member of Bama Community, commended the federal government and the Army for the love shown to their brothers.

Yakubu said the training would help in debunking criticisms in the foreign media on government’s efforts to end the insurgency in the country.

Mohammed Modu, a graduate of the programme, lauded the government’s efforts in rehabilitating the ex-insurgents.

He said he was going back to the society as a repentant Boko Haram member, adding that he would tell people how good the government had been to them while in camp.

Modu said one of the problems of the insurgency was that many youths do not trust the government, adding that this had made it easy for the sect to lure them into its den.

He stressed that with the love demonstrated by the government during the training, no one would be able to deceive him again.

http://www.nativereporters.com/army-graduates-152-repented-boko-haram-in-gombe-state/

Nigeria my great country![color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State by sharena(m): 10:35am On Apr 04, 2019
HABA, DIRECT FORM OF INFILTRATION, JUST LIKE ASKING A THIEF WHO STOLE UR MONEY TO HELP YOU SEARCH THE MONEY, NIGERIA ARMY DON DEY FIND BLACK GOAT FOR NIGHT BE THIS. I REST MY CASE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Lyon Gets Certificate Of Return / Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut / 'May Sahara Reporters Burn In Hell':Fani Kayode Blasts Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.