Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable (23917 Views)

Teach Me How You Meandered Back To Senate - Rochas, Lawan In Soft Jibe / Keep Your Blue Tick, I No Go Buy Am: El-rufai, Wife In 'soft Banter' / Ex-CJN Tanko To Get N2.5bn Benefits, Senate Begins Corruption Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Deepthoughts: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
TGM2015:
My question is

Should he enjoy such benefits, knowing fully well that he has enriched himself over and above the sum benefits using the same office.

They should advice him to resign and forfeit the benefits if found wanting on the allegations. That is the only reasonable soft landing they should be seeking. Promoting judiciary misconducts in any way is injustice to the nation.
Onnoghen has maintain his determination to fight n clear his name, let the NJC come out n state their findings with justifications in respect of onnoghen n Tanko cases before them instead of this soft landing plans,it appears the NJC are only trying to placate the government of buhari either out of compromise or intimidations.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

Did the NJC give you their report or you are a member of the panel?

Pele common sense is not always common.

Pkele, I guess you were privy to all the actual reports connected to the case and did not base your judgement (to pre-maturely exonerate him) from the information you also read in the media - common sense or no sense at all?
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Okawene: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
Before now...people were shouting NJC...NJC, now they have given their recommendations, people should know when to stop supporting evil. This man is corrupt period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by deji17: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
So If Onoghen realises that 2.5 billion naira retirement benefits awaits him after retirement, why then was he engaging in the sale of justice, bribe taking and false assets declaration? You can see clearly that poverty is not the reason that people are corrupt.
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by CaesarDon(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
Onnoghenis actually very dumb and short sighted you know u arre very corrupt and the president is also bigoted

You were lucky to be entitled to such juicy position

and you stupidly aligned forces with the opposition

if you live in glass a house, you don't throw stones, there's no way he would win this case

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You are the one failing to understand.... It's your collective wealth that is been plundered..........

Why soft landing if he is guilty?.....? I hope you read very slowly too, understanding my very few points......

See quick shifting of the goalpost.

"Because they have no case against him? If they do this, it proves his removal was a premeditated political calculation"
- your words not mine.

Was that what you meant when you posted the above?
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by tuniski: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Pkele, I guess you were privy to all the actual reports connected to the case and did not base your judgement (to pre-maturely exonerate him) from the information you also read in the media - common sense or no sense at all?
I have not exonerated him neither have I convicted him. The Cable snipet ain't sold on! We have read all manners of media stuff about Onneghen that have turned out to be complete lies.

Until the official report is out, indict and court convicts him, he remains innocent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Lexusgs430: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:

See quick shifting of the goalpost.

"Because they have no case against him? If they do this, it proves his removal was a premeditated political calculation"
- your words not mine.

Was that what you meant when you posted the above?

I have not shifted goalposts, if they have a good case against him..... Let's ṣee the trial through.....

Only 2 outcomes are possible.....

Guilty or Not Guilty.......

If guilty, strip him of all

Not guilty... Compensate

Why find him guilty partially or not, and still offer massive packages?.....

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by tuniski: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
CaesarDon:
Onnoghenis actually very dumb and short sighted you know u arre very corrupt and the president is also bigoted

You were lucky to be entitled to such juicy position

and you stupidly aligned forces with the opposition

if you live in glass a house, you don't throw stones, there's no way he would win this case
How did he align with opposition?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Chijeep(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
Buhari taught dat Onnoghen is an Afonjas who der mouth waters weneva dey hear millions.

woo..! Onnoghen no gree, dey no fit do u anytin.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

I have not exonerated him neither have I convicted him. The Cable snipet ain't sold on! We have read all manners of media stuff about Onneghen that have turned out to be complete lies.

Until the official report is out, indict and court convicts him, he remains innocent.

Yes you exonerated him by your early post, as follows:

"Relying on media trial chai. All they are doing is finding a way to set the agenda that onneghen must be guilty even, after failing to prove so.

If the report finds him guilty the Vindictive buhari would by now address the nation and call for the head of Onneghen".

BTW, where did you get the evidence that they failed to prove their allegations against him - if not from the same media, Mr Common sense?
Oh my bad; you must have been in the front row of the tribunal and had advance copies of all the exhibits and also been the co-chairman of the NJC committee that reviewed and submitted its own report on the case.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by remele2(f): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
Did any one also read this part?

TheCable learnt that before the scandal blew into the open, Onnoghen was given the option of early voluntary retirement.

“Under this arrangement, he would have kept all the monies found in his accounts and received all his benefits from the system, but he chose to fight till the very end,” the source said.

Which means FG conceals so many crime and only make public the one that doesnt favour them.....

Will corruption eva stop or reduce in NIGERIA?
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by tuniski: 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Yes you exonerated him by your early post, as follows:

"Relying on media trial chai. All they are doing is finding a way to set the agenda that onneghen must be guilty even, after failing to prove so.

If the report finds him guilty the Vindictive buhari would by now address the nation and call for the head of Onneghen".

BTW, where did you get the evidence that they failed to prove their allegations against him - if not from the same media, Mr Common sense?
Oh my bad; you must have been in the front row of the tribunal and had advance copies of all the exhibits and also been the co-chairman of the NJC committee that reviewed and submitted its own report on the case.
That is not exoneration but, cautiousness!!!
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I have not shifted goalposts, if they have a good case against him..... Let's ṣee the trial through.....

Only 2 outcomes are possible.....

Guilty or Not Guilty.......

If guilty, strip him of all

Not guilty... Compensate

Why find him guilty partially or not, and still offer massive packages?.....

Oga, you were not only guilty of shifting the goal post but of re-planting goal post sef.

Your 1st position was outright denial that they had any case against him and that the allegations were politically motivated.

Suddenly, it is now why should he be let off leniently - as though it is the FG making this recommendation and not the independent judiciary regulatory body NJC - abeg, who are you kidding?
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Oga, you were not only guilty of shifting the goal post but of re-planting goal post sef.

Your 1st position was outright denial that they had any case against him and that the allegations were politically motivated.

Suddenly, it is now why should he be let off leniently - as though it is the FG making this recommendation and not the independent judiciary regulatory body NJC - abeg, who are you kidding?

Oga, let's not fight over this matter, we are getting 0 naira. While they get all the $$$$$$...........
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

That is not exoneration but, cautiousness!!!

Definitely not; but more like failed comprehension on your part - certainly not after categorically stating that they (FG) had failed to prove its case and furthermore implied that if had succeeded, the president wouldn't have hesitated from going for his head.

No need denying; your words are still out therefor all to see.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Oga, let's not fight over this matter, we are getting 0 naira. While they get all the $$$$$$...........

I am not fighting but simply putting the records straight based on available information before us.

We should not allow sentiments cloud our judgement to the extent where we start apportioning blame where there is not - have a nice day.
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by tuniski: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Definitely not; but more like failed comprehension on your part - certainly not after categorically stating that they (FG) had failed to prove its case and furthermore implied that if had succeeded, the president wouldn't have hesitated from going for his head.

No need denying; your words are still out therefor all to see.
What case has the govt proved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by orisa37: 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
The Recommendations should have included Buhari to step aside and Danladi be dismissed.
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
FG should aplogozie to him fast fast lipsrsealed
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by tribalistseun: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
peacettw:
Am I missing something here?

I have checked the web repeatedly and the only site reporting onnoghen's retirement remains TheCable and a handful of other unknown sites.
TheCable is an online fake blog that writes rubbish daily for clicks. They've taken over from Naij.ng
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Bimpe29: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
Let the rule of law be well, fairly and objectively effected on Onnoghen's trial.
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

What case has the govt proved?

Read the article again and draw your own conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by tuniski: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Read the article again and draw your own conclusion.
They have proved nothing. But many citizens are Lazy brains shaa.
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by Ntonghaeffiom: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
Nigeria, our great country with so much controversies. CJN 2.5b naira benefit!!!!!!!! while an average policeman, civil defence, local government staff e.t.c receives what may not build a two bedroom apartment for him/her; and struggles to get the monthly pension of few paper (naira) notes that can't but a shoe for him/her. Naija! "Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop".
Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by NaMeAboki: 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
tuniski:

They have proved nothing. But many citizens are Lazy brains shaa.

You are entitled to your opinion, if that is all you can deduce from the article.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable by omoiyalayi(m): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

It will not be well with farmers of the constitution. It will not be well with them.

Kindly see the benefits of service. The poor and average who labor in sweat suffer post retirement while the rich and wealthy who enjoy through service enjoy more benefits post retirement.

Whatever you must do within the ambit of the law to eradicate poverty and struggle from your lineage, please do. Life is rigged against the simple and twisted against the poor but wealth is stealth.

Richdad

I thought I was the only one who notice this

The rich getting richer while the poor is getting poorer

We spend so much on public office holders even in retirement in a country where people live below a dollar in a day

What a shame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme Collapses At Home, Goes Into Coma, Admitted In Enugu Hospital / "You Can Now Write Petition Against SARS, Lekki Shooting"-Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians / Governor Ortom Drags Akume To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.