Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,886 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth (47456 Views)

Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro Responses To Ooni Of Ife About the Igbo Race / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by sonnie10: 10:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ezi okwu bu ndi. May you live long, The Oni of Ife

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Probz(m): 11:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sakamaje:

You are free to believe him, but that doesn't make his statements true. He obviously fabricated this history because it has no historical basis. undecided

And how much of original African history does have an historical basis?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Dickson80: 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
Guyman02:
Only the wise will understand, he is not belittling his Yoruba race here, but said that they lived together (Igbo and Yoruba) before the advent of Islam and Christianity from the linage of Obatala
As a historian and custodian of Yoruba cultural values,I guess he has his facts and figures...Long Live Ooni

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Dearlord(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
GMbuharii:

Na the Oni of coneheads talk am o....

So any thing una talk,na Oni una dey refer to.

Meanwhile, where is the lion pussycat of ubima?

Guy you're very funny aswear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by lokzie: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
holuwasheyiWGP:
You don't mean it!!
Jew originated from igbo
Bill gates,Jeff bezos and Warren buffet are Igbo men
Nigerians and their habit of telling themselves whatever make them sleep at night
A Jew or Hebrew isn’t necessarily one who claims to be one. The Hebrew were never Caucasian. They were likened to the Egyptians in the Bible:
1. Joseph’s brothers couldn’t disguish him from an Egyptian
2. Moses after fleeing from Pharoah and helping the daughters of the priest of Ethiopia, they replied their father saying ‘an Egyptian helped us’
3. The residents of Ancient Egypt were neither Caucasian nor the predominant race in Egypt today.
4. History doesn’t show where the people claiming to be Hebrews today suffered the curse of Deut 28. Only one set of people were taken in ships as slaves and scattered even across the islands of the earth (I’ll let google help you come to a conclusion on that, but read Deut 28 first).
Igbos may not be jews, but if you believe that Caucasians are Hebrews or of the tribe of Judah, it’s because you have either
1. Not thought about it or
2. Suppressed the thoughts even though it’s hard to justify it.
In addition, the Jews fled from the Emperor of Rome when he was coming to obliterate Jerusalem in fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy. Their fore fathers- Abraham, Isaac (was asked not to go), Jacob (Isreal), even Joseph the ‘father’ of Jesus all fled down to Egypt (Maybe Africa) when confronted with famine, persecution etc, but these ‘Jews’ fled to Europe (the Roman Empire) to escape the Roman emperor? Red flag right there. Study so you understand. The Madonna in Russia isn’t Caucasian. Believe in Jesus, that alone saves, but I think history has been tainted.

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by nwadiuko1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Britishcoins:
The truth is that an Hausa man saw kano as his own, yorubas equally said Lagos is their home but average Igbo man like me saw the world as my village and that is our secret of success...

Igbo Amaka....
If I will come to this world again I will still be igbo.

Abeg play me that song from Sir, Erico

I mana I bu onye igbo kwere mu ayoro...........
ayoro
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Sakamaje: 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Probz:

And how much of original African history does have an historical basis?

Look madam or guy. It is your prerogative to choose to believe he Ooni if it fits the narrative that suits you. You can't impose that on me or any other person that can see through his fib. Ooni once said that Benin is Yoruba territory, that Adam and Eve were created in Ife/,and now he says Jews are Igbo descendants. You can choose to believe all of that but some of us aren't so stupid. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Yorubapassme: 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
Highness dont have a particular class. It can happen to anybody. Ooni sorry.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by nwadiuko1(m): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
zomby:
Unnecessary to make the hammer heads feel special about themselves; regardless of what people do for them, they are never content.

They weren’t happy when Gowon was the president.
They weren’t happy when OBJ was the president.
They weren’t happy when IBB was the president
They weren’t happy when Abacha took over
They weren’t happy with Yaradua..
They also cried when Jonathan was picked to lead...And now that Buhari is in charge, these people are still crying...

Cry me a river and an ocean..

Oni should safe his time and energy....It seems that these folks will remain miserable till the end of time.

Why?

Because they are mostly SELFISH!
think about your life, find a way to make money, make your family proud...... tribalism no dey pay
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by LazyGold(m): 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
lokzie:

A Jew or Hebrew isn’t one who claims to be one. The Hebrew were never Caucasian. They were likened to the Egyptians in the Bible:
2. Moses after fleeing from Pharoah and helping the daughters of the priest of Ethiopia, they replied their father saying ‘an Egyptian helped us’
3. The residents of Ancient Egypt were neither Caucasian nor the predominant race in Egypt today.
4. History doesn’t show where the people claiming to be Hebrews today suffered the curse of Deut 28. Only one set of people were taken in shipshape slaves and scattered even across the islands of the earth (I’ll let google help you come to a conclusion on that, but read Deut 28 first).
Igbos may not be jews, but if you believe that Caucasians are Hebrews or of the tribe of Judah, it’s because you have either

The Igbo once used to killed Twins in their History. Did the Jews ever practice that ?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by soso22(m): 11:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
nice piece from Onii himself.one bottle of hero for him biko
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Iykelinus(m): 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
Tanchu...

The Ooni himself

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
obaival:
Igbo Amaka
Yoruba Ajoka
Hausa Apaka grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
mightyhaze:
But how did ooni stumble on this fact ?

Divine inspiration...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by lokzie: 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
LazyGold:

The Igbo once used to killed Twins in their History. Did the Jews ever practice that ?
I am not saying Igbos are Jews, I don’t know if they are or aren’t. Please read my post again.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Bede2u(m): 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Ooni smokes too much weed. It's quite obvious from all the gibberish he mouths at public functions, and some idïots actually gobble it up as 'history'.
grin cheesy yoruba insulting their spiritual leader because of igbos is a joy to behold. Of course we knw ur leaders are mad men including this one cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Opiletool(m): 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lol.
How is igbo from the obatala lineage?
Or is he talking about ugbo in ilaje who were founded by obatala or his brother obalufon?
This man is just funny.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by jafol(m): 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lmao ooni pls stop making yorubas laugh abeg. I believe this is made up. Igbos and their attache
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Probz(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sakamaje:

Look madam or guy. It is your prerogative to choose to believe he Ooni if it fits the narrative that suits you. You can't impose that on me or any other person that can see through his fib. Ooni once said that Benin is Yoruba territory, that Adam and Eve were created in Ife/,and now he says Jews are Igbo descendants. You canchoose to believe all of that but some of us aren't so stupid. undecided

Some of us aren’t so tribalistic or envious.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Iykelinus(m): 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
Chop knuckle �
lokzie:

A Jew or Hebrew isn’t one who claims to be one. The Hebrew were never Caucasian. They were likened to the Egyptians in the Bible:
4. History doesn’t show where the people claiming to be Hebrews today suffered the curse of Deut 28. Only one set of people were taken in shipshape slaves and scattered even across the islands of the earth (I’ll let google help you come to a conclusion on that, but read Deut 28 first).
In addition, the Jews fled from the Emperor of Rome when he was coming to obliterate Jerusalem in fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy. Their fore fathers- Abraham, Isaac (was asked not to go), Jacob (Isreal), even Joseph the ‘father’ of Jesus all fled down to Egypt (Maybe Africa) when confronted with famine, persecution etc, but these ‘Jews’ fled to Europe (the Roman Empire) to escape the Roman emperor? Red flag right there. Study so you understand. The Madonna in Russia isn’t Caucasian. Believe in Jesus, that alone saves, but I think history has been tainted.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by LazyGold(m): 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
lokzie:

I am not saying Igbos are Jews, I don’t know if they are or aren’t. Please read my post again.

Their past culture of killing twins actually prove they are not jews, Jews are not that primitive and Barbaric undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Emanodimo(m): 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
Don't mind that Ooni of Ife, he has misfired again, overhyped and overbloated the same where he praise El-Rufai at the Kadinvest event held in Kaduna yesterday.

Abeg make him no mis yarn again. Isssokay

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by stieyven(m): 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
Unlimitk:

U guys say whatever afonjas say is propaganda

But y have u been masturbating on something said by another afonja

Munu
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by stieyven(m): 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
Unlimitk:
Una dey mumu
Aswear
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by computergenius(m): 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
The ooni of ife has just let out a secret known to the yoruba about the igbo people.
1. The Yoruba and igbo descended from the same ancestors.
2. The yoruba and igbo language came from the bantu language of there common ancestors.
3. some igbo clans left igboland and migrated northwards. The name of these changed to igbomina and then to ido and finally idoma as they intermarried with other tribes they met on their northward journey. The igbo and idoma reached north africa and settled at different parts of the middle east including egypt, syria and persia. From persia they moved into india. Infact the name india is a corruption of the name idoma or igbo. Some of the bones of these black african settlers in isreal and egypt have been found in caves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by slysteel: 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
holuwasheyiWGP:
You don't mean it!!
Jew originated from igbo
Bill gates,Jeff bezos and Warren buffet are Igbo men
Nigerians and their habit of telling themselves whatever make them sleep at night
All those people you mentioned are Ashkenazi Jews of Europe and not Hebrew people,learn the difference.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Sakamaje: 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
Probz:

Some of us aren’t so tribalistic or envious.

Well, if my refusal to believe Ooni's crap about Jews descending from igbos (along with his many other nonsense) makes me a 'tribalist' to you, I don't give a flipping fvck. We all can't deliberately choose to be stupid. undecided I reject it.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by lokzie: 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
Okay If you say so. I chose the topic I wanted to comment on, I’m not really interested in arguing if they are or aren’t, rather to throw light on why I feel that Caucasians aren’t consistent with the description, and curses of the Hebrews who God delivered from Egypt and gave the Deuteronomy instructions to.
I respect your opinion though.
LazyGold:

Their past culture of killing twins actually prove they are not jews, Jews are not that primitive undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by LazyGold(m): 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
computergenius:
The ooni of ife has just let out a secret known to the yoruba about the igbo people.
1. The Yoruba and igbo descended from the same ancestors.
2. The yoruba and igbo language came from the bantu language of there common ancestors.
3. some igbo clans left igboland and migrated northwards. The name of these changed to igbomina and then to ido and finally idoma as they intermarried with other tribes they met on their northward journey. The igbo and idoma reached north africa and settled at different parts of the middle east including egypt, syria and persia. From persia they moved into india. Infact the name india is a corruption of the name idoma or igbo. Some of the bones of these black african settlers in isreal and egypt have been found in caves.

What bullshit did I just read ? Chai see what Ooni cause

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by LazyGold(m): 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
Bede2u:
grin cheesy yoruba insulting their spiritual leader because of igbos is a joy to behold. Of course we knw ur leaders are mad men including this one cheesy

It will never be Better for your Generation for insulting Ooni, but that doesn't mean we agree with whatever he says.

It is the Ooni himself that gave savages and Barbarians like you the right to Insult him

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Iykelinus(m): 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
But come to think of it... Some igbo language terms and yoruba sounds almost the same...

Rat in Igbo means Oke
Rat in Yoruba means Okete

Stone in Igbo means Okute
Stone in Yoruba means Okuta

Same goes to other terms...

U sef think am

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne / Who Is Superior Between Alaafin Of Oyo And The Ooni Of Ife??? / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.