Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? (1764 Views)

''I Asked Her Out, She Said ''No'', Now She's Tripping For Me'' / Meet Shabani, The 'Handsome' Male Gorilla Japanese Women Are Tripping For(pics) / 7 Ways To Turn Her On And Make Her Keep Tripping For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
Okay, I feel what better people to ask then the VERY LOVELY NIGERIAN PEOPLE grin

I have a friend who is dating this guy who has a friend who is Nigerian. He is a teacher at American University and teaches different subjects. Anyway, I made a comment about the language in different tribes and how the letters are sound out. I tried to say a few words in IGBO and the guy was like that wrong. He corrected me on how to properly say the words right and I thanked him.

FAST FORWARD,

I get home and shared with my husband what I learned additional to what he taught me as well. Okay, I learned a few phrases that my husband haven't taught me and I shared that with him. Oh he got mad and was like NO MAN SHOULD BE TEACHING MY WIFE ANYTHING ABOUT MY CULTURE AND THAT MY JOB. He told me not to socialize with the guy anymore and from now on anything I learn about his culture will be from him.

QUESTION

Why is it important for the husbands or wives to teach their spouse about their culture and not the people who are part of that culture? Why is the men jealous that another man is teaching their wives new information about their culture or language?

IS IT HIM OR AM I TRIPPING?
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2010
queeneve:

Okay, I feel what better people to ask then the VERY LOVELY NIGERIAN PEOPLE grin

I have a friend who is dating this guy who has a friend who is Nigerian. He is a teacher at American University and teaches different subjects. Anyway, I made a comment about the language in different tribes and how the letters are sound out. I tried to say a few words in IGBO and the guy was like that wrong. He corrected me on how to properly say the words right and I thanked him.

FAST FORWARD,

I get home and shared with my husband what I learned additional to what he taught me as well. Okay, I learned a few phrases that my husband haven't taught me and I shared that with him. Oh he got mad and was like NO MAN SHOULD BE TEACHING MY WIFE ANYTHING ABOUT MY CULTURE AND THAT MY JOB. He told me not to socialize with the guy anymore and from now on anything I learn about his culture will be from him.

QUESTION

Why is it important for the husbands or wives to teach their spouse about their culture and not the people who are part of that culture? Why is the men jealous that another man is teaching their wives new information about their culture or language?

IS IT HIM OR AM I TRIPPING?

You're tripping. The dude is trying to protect his property eh.
He's probably feeling like if you truly wanted to learn all about his culture you wld have asked him . . . rather than another man.
Its culture today, God knows what it would be tomorrow.
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2010
David,

I did not ask the man anything, the man said I was pronouncing the words wrong and corrected me. He also taught me a few Igbo phrases and I shared that with my husband. I always ask my husband anything about Igbo culture because he is IGBO,

The man stepped in and said I was messing up his language by saying it wrong and corrected me, so how did I ask him to teach me the culture?
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
When wives become properties?
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by InkedNerd(f): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
queeneve:

When wives become properties?

Hahaha, I was wondering the same thing
undecided
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Marhoski(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2010
maybe thats why dey pay brideprice tongue
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by 1102(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2010
[size=13pt]Queeneve if u are ibo under any circumstance then u are even worth more than property

dont tell me your husband didnt pay more than 1.5Million naira as dowry!

He ought to be Jealous,he didnt send u 2 school to go learn from a teacher stuffs about your culture!

BTW i never knew u were really married Fatty Bum bumm cheerful giver!! (No offence my sweetheart)
[/size]
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2010

YOU COULDNT NEVER OFFEND ME (NO OFFENSE)

I LEARNED TO PITY RETARDED AND INVALID PEOPLE, so you excused! grin

Why would I lie to A BUNCH of strangers about being married Oooooh that what you do, MY BAD!

Did you get your VISA to come to USA for the FURRY AZZES CONVENTION?
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2010
BRIDEPRICE DOES NOT MEAN THE BRIDE IS PROPERTY,
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2010
queeneve:

BRIDEPRICE DOES NOT MEAN THE BRIDE IS PROPERTY,

and that was not the intention, it was simply used as a figure of speech to mean you belong to your husband just as he belongs to you.

stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2010
Uhmmmm then you SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT AT FIRST!

Mountain out of molehill pfffft!!!
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by 1102(m): 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
THIS QUEEN EVER IS ONE SORRY AZZZ HOLE,

SHE IS BUSY LEARNING IBO IN SCHOOL, !
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Marhoski(m): 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2010
cftj cb rrsrx fddsaasa
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2010
INKIE,

Now I understood what you mean what you said about TOSHIN, I believe 190 and Toshin ARE CUT FROM THE SAME FABRIC,

I see READING COMPREHENSION IS NOT MANDATORY IN NIGERIA,
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2010
queeneve:

Uhmmmm then you SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT AT FIRST!

Mountain out of molehill pfffft!!!

apologies for assuming most of you can reason.

queeneve:

INKIE,

Now I understood what you mean what you said about TOSHIN, I believe 190 and Toshin ARE CUT FROM THE SAME FABRIC,

this from the person moaning earlier.
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by 1102(m): 12:02am On Sep 11, 2010
queeneve:

INKIE,

Talk about obesity! undecided
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 12:04am On Sep 11, 2010
I was moaning??!!! LMAO!
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 12:06am On Sep 11, 2010
David,

How would I reason if you the one miscomprehend what I wrote? The proper usage for the word REASON would be used in the context of negotiation and not THE RECeiVER mis-encoding the sender,

Invest in a dictionary, it cheap!
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 11, 2010
queeneve:

David,

How would I reason if you the one miscomprehend what I wrote?   The proper usage for the word REASON would be used in the context of negotiation and not THE RECeiVER mis-encoding the sender,

Invest in a dictionary, it cheap! 

I doubt you have one urself . . . just see the above highlights.

And the word reason is not merely used in the context of negotiation. It has a broad meaning. Too bad you havent got the dictionary you're recommending.
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by 1102(m): 12:10am On Sep 11, 2010
queeneve:

I was moaning??!!! LMAO!

Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Marhoski(m): 12:11am On Sep 11, 2010
davidylan:

I doubt you have one urself . . . just see the above highlights.

And the word reason is not merely used in the context of negotiation. Its has a broad meaning. Too bad you havent got the dictionary you're recommending.

lol
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by googles: 12:15am On Sep 11, 2010
I think its very healthy for your husband to complain . . . . hez newly married so its un'standable  grin

but at the same time you can put his mind at rest by telling him its harmless attempt at trying to un'stand his culture well, we all need reassurance at some points

I dont see anyone tripping. . . .you guys are newly weds, and its alryt. . .you guys are only trying to balance into the new status  wink
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 12:34am On Sep 11, 2010
David,

(farts loudly) (snoring loudly) (yawns)

Marhok,

Your nurse overdose on your meds, THE FEDS want you for questioning,

THAT AS FAR YOU WILL GET TO PUTTING YOUR HANDS ON ME,
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 12:37am On Sep 11, 2010
Thanks GOOGLE!

He will be alright, and yes we adjusting,

For the record, I did not ask him to teach me anything, he just simply corrected a few things,

But I hear ya!
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by MOBO444(f): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2010
Look here Queeneve or what ever you call youself, you claim to be an America Lady, well i read your file and i am not impressed in the least with you.
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 1:06am On Sep 11, 2010
SNORING LOUDLY
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by IyaBasira: 4:33am On Sep 11, 2010
Ok . . .

To be honest I think he was overreacting. Considering the circumstances of how he corrected her, I don't think it's something to get angry about.
But for him to say that you shouldn't socialize with the guy any more , it looks like he thinks you may start cheating on him with that guy. Whatever his reasons are I don't know. But there is a huge lack of trust in everything your husband said.
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 11, 2010
property or nt that one is your business,wwhat i know is this

My hubby is my property same way iam his

When did u get married queen,if i remember correctly u used to call him ur bf

Anyways ur man over reacted,there is sthg missing here and thats trust
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 4:54am On Sep 11, 2010
Jenny,

Many of my posts I have always said FIANCE and that we were planning marriage, as google said, we are newlyweds therefore meaning we got married recently,

Okay I hear you, smiley
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 11, 2010
yeah i remember u trying to learn hw to cook,congrats honey woww,so hows married life treating u?
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by queeneve: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2010
It going BEAUTIFULLLY, despite the SNAPPED moment about the igbo language, MY HUSBAND IS GODSEND! He means well,

THANKS FOR ASKING!
Re: Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? by Marhoski(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2010
bia queeneva ige tee ife og

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Vegetarian? / I Am Not A Sex Symbol-shalewa Of Tinsel / I Love Hairy Girls Only....am I Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.