Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture (10326 Views)

Why You Should Choose Water Melon As Crop To Farm In The Next Planting Season / 5 Reasons Why Youths Should Choose Agriculture / Inadequate Storage Facilities: How It Is Affecting Our Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by KingWarri: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Agriculture kee you there .
No be only agriculture , Na CulturalAgric.
u dey mind that werey..... shey na Agriculture na make Europe great??
Brazil with the biggest coffee farm are still struggling.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by owila4luv(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
This old politicians no like youths atall?.. Them dey Aso Rock the flex, Come the Advice us to go farm so that dem go use us shine, make una send una own children go farm first.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Quality20(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
Farming is our pride, but kidnappers and bandits along with village ppl wouldn't allow continue with farming

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Timblaze(m): 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
Pavore9:

Because you are imagining the bending down with hoes and cutlasses but way beyond that! cheesy
yes. but where is the money? me and you know what it takes to even get loan in this country..
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2019
Quality20:
Farming is our pride, but kidnappers and bandits along with village ppl wouldn't allow continue with farming
You are right to an extent. No security guarantee for your investment if anything happens.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Jerry2i(m): 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
nicepoker101:
If you don't have funds and the will power pls don't venture into agriculture o. I started with one acre last year manually. But today I have up to 12 acres. Mechanized.
what are you into?
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by dollyj1996(m): 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
nicepoker101:
If you don't have funds and the will power pls don't venture into agriculture o. I started with one acre last year manually. But today I have up to 12 acres. Mechanized.
am presently a student in Funaab(though not agricultural discipline) bt I will love to learn from you

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 11:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
dollyj1996:
am presently a student in Funaab(though not agricultural discipline) bt I will love to learn from you
no problem. I love to share ideas

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 11:07pm On Apr 05, 2019
Jerry2i:
what are you into?
Maize okro and water mellon

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by SUMMIE23(m): 11:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
Agriculture......... my passion. can't wait to be done with dis Bsc

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by BriefNaija: 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
BedLam:
Buhari that's been practicing agriculture all his life, what did he achieve with it ? Telling people to go into agriculture without raising the standard of education is stupid. Gone are the days when people did little farming. Now you need a lot of research, modernized tools and seedlings.

Anyway, I never take advice from anyone that gives advice for a living(eg bloggers).

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by mastermaestro(m): 12:01am On Apr 06, 2019
Okuda:
tech is ruling the world naija still dey find agriculture wey be old school something as catalyst to push the country forward. i no blame una. when na the only thig una papa Buhari sabi

Waited very long to see someone look in this direction. Tech rules the world now. Even the agriculture itself needs technology to transform and boost it.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by sexyyoyo(m): 1:10am On Apr 06, 2019
[Despite the love and passion I have for farming and poultry businesses, the Fulani herdsmen are really frustrating my efforts . 5acres of palm trees destroyed by their cows , money and time wasted . why are they hell bent on destroying us ( west, east and south ) must we continue to buy from them alone and not do our own farming again . is it a crime to own a farm .
Please nairalanders help me with chemicals ,plants or just anything I can use or put on my farm because I have lost money to this herdsmen . am fed up
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by tolexy007(m): 6:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Uyi168:
Me nor get power for farm at all..

But you get power to chop abi?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 06, 2019
Agriculture is not as easy as it seems,it is just like any other business start up the only difference is that the level of risk in it flopping is low if all conditions are favorable. There is the dormant phase where there is no profit all you do is pump money into it.Not many people have the patience these days especially with the quick rich syndrome flying around.

Also gone are the days where subsistence agriculture was a thing,with our large population mechanized farming is the way to go no matter the branch of agriculture you decide to go into. Some African countries like Kenya are doing a lot in agriculture, but Nigerians are busy forming online warriors .

The government is insincere about agriculture, all on paper ,false statistics ,etc ,las las na ourself we dey take am do.

Too much corruption has laced accessing of agricultural loans.Genuine farmers find it difficult to get loans while crooks access these loans and use it to buy cars and build houses. I actually know a mam who took an agriculture loan to complete his house buy if i were to go and ask for a loan I sure the odds of me getting it is very low.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by holysaint1(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2019
nicepoker101:
He is not well informed. Just leave him

Bro please can I get either your whatsapp or call contact.. I need to speak with you on this mechanized agric farming thing.. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 8:00am On Apr 06, 2019
holysaint1:

Bro please can I get either your whatsapp or call contact.. I need to speak with you on this mechanized agric farming thing.. thanks in anticipation.
I have sent you a mail we can discuss from there.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by holysaint1(m): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2019
nicepoker101:
I have sent you a mail we can discuss from there.

Pm replied
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 8:05am On Apr 06, 2019
Okuda:
tech is ruling the world naija still dey find agriculture wey be old school something as catalyst to push the country forward. i no blame una. when na the only thig una papa Buhari sabi
tech can be deployed into agric bro. Get right info from credible sources. I do respect your position no doubt.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 8:08am On Apr 06, 2019
holysaint1:

Pm replied
I have posted my number check your mail box. Thanks
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Okuda(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2019
nicepoker101:
tech can be deployed into agric bro. Get right info from credible sources. I do respect your position no doubt.

thats the more reason we should invest in tech. i dont know why exactly you mentioned me. when in the real sense you are for and against my position.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by unique545(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2019
Agriculture is the future

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Horus(m): 10:10am On Apr 06, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru4q3CbU364

Young, rich and ambitious: Nigeria's 'gentleman farmers'

Thirty-something, ambitious Nigerians are increasingly turning to farming as a career, unlike their parents' generation which
sought its fortune in oil. Farming is a growth sector in Nigeria
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Hennyola(m): 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
nicepoker101:

Can you share your story Sir?
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by wabamidele: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
nicepoker101:

pls I need help on information. kindly send me aw I cn reach u. iyandaboy@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hennyola:

Can you share your story Sir?
sure. It wasn't easy no doubt. I had to resign from where I was working to go into it full time.
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by dollyj1996(m): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
u started with what plant then and how many plots of land
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by Hennyola(m): 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
nicepoker101:
sure. It wasn't easy no doubt. I had to resign from where I was working to go into it full time.

If you don't mind, you can create a thread and let us all learn, updating it once a week is enough for us to learn or what other ways can you share with us to avoid making same mistakes?
Re: Reasons Why Youth Should Choose Agriculture by nicepoker101(m): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hennyola:

If you don't mind, you can create a thread and let us all learn, updating it once a week is enough for us to learn or what other ways can you share with us to avoid making same mistakes?
I will certainly do that

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grown Plants For Sale In Lagos / Rabbit Battery Cages For Sale / My Egusi Business In The North, Experience, Exclusive Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.