Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. (2510 Views)

I Can Help You Search And Export Your Car From California / Chrysler Sebring 2004 Limited Edition Preordered From California, USA / Help With Car Shipment From California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:43am On Sep 11, 2010
[size=14pt]This is a Vehicle dismantling project that was handled by some of my colleagues here.
This particular container left earlier this week. It consists of about 25 cars dismantled.

Also loaded are: 2003 Camry. 2001 Tundra and 2000 Corolla

Vehicle dismantling is a particularly difficult and time consuming project. The most time consuming is sourcing and locating the vehicles to be dismantled.

Entire process takes about 3 months. Roughly about 2 months for the sourcing, dismantling and loading. The rest of the time for the container to get to Naija.
[/size]

These are the typical cost associated with a container:

Dismantling: $275/car
Loading:       $1,500/container
Shipping:      $4,500
Storage:       $600/month
Service Fee:  $3,000

[size=14pt]The total cost of the container really depends on the contents. It will cost less to load Honda Allah as opposed to loading EOD or Bullet. But overall, it will cost roughly $35,000-$40,000 for a complete container with "regular" cars like 1990-1992 Honda Allah or Camry for a total of about 25 vehicles in the container.

[/size]

[size=16pt]Other non-dismantled vehicles cost extra!!!![/size]

[size=16pt]Questions? My contact is: kunleautos[at]yahoo.com[/size]

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:45am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:55am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:58am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:01am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:02am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:09am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2010
more

Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2010
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by Aks(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2010
This is real business for the big boys. Don't u think anybody that want to invest in this kind of business have to be on ground (USA). Kindly put me through cos i've always wanted to do something of this nature. What is the profit margin like on the business, i'm really interested

Thank you
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by Jafour: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2010
I am interested. How many cars (1990-1992 Honda/camry) can be dismantled to fill a 40ft container?. What is the estimated total budget? Do you have a point man in the Nigerian market (e.g. Ladipo Market)?
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:10am On Sep 17, 2010
Aks:

This is real business for the big boys. Don't u think anybody that want to invest in this kind of business have to be on ground (USA). Kindly put me through cos i've always wanted to do something of this nature. What is the profit margin like on the business, i'm really interested

Thank you

[b]Its a good business. You are not necessarily required to be on ground. You only need someone knowledgeable, reliable and committed to handle the project. Something like this will take between 2-3months for the project to be finished.

Even if you are on ground you will need a dealer or dismantler's license to be able to buy some of these cars. Not to forget that you will not acquire all 25 cars at the same time. There is a lot of driving up and down all the auctions. Coordinate the towing, labor, loading etc.

So if you don't or haven't lived here and don't have anyone knowledgeable that can take out their time to put you through when you get here. Its difficult, if not impossible.

As a matter of fact, if you are here, you will be responsible for 2 people (yourself and your guide) as opposed to one person if you let someone else handle it for you. Also, the person guiding you must be able to attend all these auctions while you are here.

One good thing about dismantling is that you can sell the whole container within a week that it lands. Quick turnaround for your investment.[/b]
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2010
Jafour:

I am interested. How many cars (1990-1992 Honda/camry) can be dismantled to fill a 40ft container?. What is the estimated total budget? Do you have a point man in the Nigerian market (e.g. Ladipo Market)?

25 cars can be dismantled and loaded. There will still be enough room for about 1 or 2 vehicle. As far as space goes, the container can hold up to 30 dismantled cars, but since there is a weight restriction, thats why you want to sandwich with 2 vehicles.

Mind you, the shell of the car will not go. that stays. Everything else will go.

Regards.
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by Aks(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2010
@ KULE-A, well said however can u help in this regard as a point man to coordinate the activities of dismantling and eventually shipping the container after the deal has been finalised
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by tedanne: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2010
well valued info well passed on.my question is:is it possible to get maybe a complete 2002 passat or any 2000-2003model cars(salon or Estate) together with a spare complete engine and gear box (of such car) in such kind of container as shown in your ad?if yes,what will likely be the sharing formular(freight and clearing) outside the cost of the items? any idea what the cost of a 2000model Honda Acura TL will be over there via your method of sending?thanks
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
Aks:

@ KULE-A, well said however can u help in this regard as a point man to coordinate the activities of dismantling and eventually shipping the container after the deal has been finalised

That can definitely be done. Without a doubt. my email is: kunleautos[at]yahoo.com

You can post any question here or send me email.
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by KunleA2(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2010
tedanne:

well valued info well passed on.my question is:is it possible to get maybe a complete 2002 passat or any 2000-2003model cars(salon or Estate) together with a spare complete engine and gear box (of such car) in such kind of container as shown in your ad?if yes,what will likely be the sharing formular(freight and clearing) outside the cost of the items? any idea what the cost of a 2000model Honda Acura TL will be over there via your method of sending?thanks

Its very possible to get a 2002/03 Passat with spare engine or spare. As for the Acura, [2000 TL] it will land for about N1.6m delivered to your compound. Please be aware that since year 2010 is coming to an end, it will not be possible to send 2000 Acura to Lagos if not sent latest by Oct/early Nov. There is a 10year rule on vehicles that can be shipped to Lagos.

Shipping company's will refuse to take it. I will probably not be doing any more dismantling this year anymore but we can help in shipping any vehicle that you want by itself. The spare engine and gear will wait until when next a container is coming.

Regards.
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by tedanne: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2010
so,what will be the cost of the 2002 passat engine and gear on one hand and the contributory cost of shipping using ur mode of delivery?
thanks
Re: Vehicle Dismantling Project From California. Pictorial Report. by Jafour: 1:16am On Sep 24, 2010
Kunle-A:

[/b][/size][/color]
Kunle-A:

[color=#000099][size=12pt][b]25 cars can be dismantled and loaded. There will still be enough room for about 1 or 2 vehicle. As far as space goes, the container can hold up to 30 dismantled cars, but since there is a weight restriction, thats why you want to sandwich with 2 vehicles.

Mind you, the shell of the car will not go. that stays. Everything else will go.

Regards

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to load a 20ft container with car parts only? Is there any weight restriction on a 20ft container? I am just thinking along loading only the car parts.

(1) (Reply)

2008 Honda Ridgeline For Sale @ 2.7M / Toks 2000 Montero Manual Just #850k 110,000km 08168995190 / Honda City 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.