Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) (38657 Views)

Indonesian Immigration Officials Beat Nigerian Man To Death (Photos) / Policemen Paid Bribes For Posting To SARS – Ogili, Ex-sergeant / Delta Policemen Abandon All The Bribes They Collected At A Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IAmSkinny: 11:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
G
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Kingspin(m): 11:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
DavSagacity:
I did mine in Abeokuta. I paid 37k. I collected it 3 weeks after. While a man that got there after me did data capturing the same day before me and collected his passport right in my presence while I was asked to come back . When I tried to ask question how come the person that came after me collected his.,,their response was " Did u pay the amount the man paid."....?
Kwarruption in immigration offices no be small Oooo
The corruption appear coordinated and with top Immigration officers looking at the bribe charge of 35-37K.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Kingspin(m): 11:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
DavSagacity:
I did mine in Abeokuta. I paid 37k. I collected it 3 weeks after. While a man that got there after me did data capturing the same day before me and collected his passport right in my presence while I was asked to come back . When I tried to ask question how come the person that came after me collected his.,,their response was " Did u pay the amount the man paid."....?
Kwarruption in immigration offices no be small Oooo
The corruption appear coordinated and top Immigration officers are involve looking at the bribe charge of 35-37K. Uniform price
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by userplainly(m): 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
any one have a diamond bank MasterCard atm here? Mine has stopped working...... please if you do quote me
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Bigsamnaira: 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hello house, please can anyone help on how to invite someone to Nigeria for the first time, please how do I go about this, I don't know what step to take and how do I start. Thank you.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by KlausMike(m): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2019
They've purposely created the delays in naija so as to make money from it undecided...I renewed my passport last month at Ottawa, Canada and i collected it the same day.. paid C$150.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Bluffly: 12:20am On Apr 06, 2019
It is a product of the society. Everyone should learn to wait. If they say 3 weeks wait but some groups seeing themselves having some useless change will always be the ones to encourage corruption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 12:20am On Apr 06, 2019
ojun50:

it is not normal, every tin about this country is nt normal even u who said is normal shows you are nt normal, a normal person will nt support corruption,

hw i wish we can revisit the creation of this country
It is obvious you should be in bed. If you don't get a rather simple hilarious message. Though, I blame Seun, he should do well to disallow less than 18 year from accessing this platform. Since comprehension is a big challenge

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by NUJABEZ: 12:24am On Apr 06, 2019
pek:
*extra*
Don't know why some set of people call it extral!

It's mostly a South South/Niger Delta thing. I've noticed that Niger Deltans sometimes put and extra 'ell' sound to their words.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 12:25am On Apr 06, 2019
It is obvious you couldn't detect my hilarious comment. "You didn't read where I called them vultures abi?!" Lean to comprehend oga!
JeffreyJames:

Everything that is bad is normal to you Nigerians. Yet y'all fault government.

Even if He doesn't agree to pay, another person will pay and this gives the bastards confidence because they know there are people who will pay. That's Nigeria for you. We cannot stand on a common ground. If everybody stand against this fraud, and protest against it, it'll never happen again.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by pek(m): 12:27am On Apr 06, 2019
NUJABEZ:

It's mostly a South South/Niger Delta thing. I've noticed that Niger Deltans sometimes put and extra 'ell' sound to their words.
You may be right but no excuse for writing it extral.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by ofwest47(m): 12:28am On Apr 06, 2019
Exposure is one of the best way to help the E F C C fight corruption .
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2019
pek:
Yes. In Nigeria, the abnormal becomes normal while the normal is abnormal!
Comment withdrew
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 06, 2019
The government of Nigeria is simply paying lip service to fighting corruption. To truly fight corruption, it must put well-defined structures in place such as 1. Setting up a court system to adjudicate only cases of corruption, 2. Have a means by which citizens can report erring officials, 3. Establish a stiff penalty [jail-time, a hefty fine, firing from the job] for any person convicted of taking a bribe. 4. Hire judges on a one-year term limit basis who have track records of being straight shooters and not money bags and 5. A committee of everyday citizens from different walks of life to oversee these panel of judges.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by pek(m): 12:35am On Apr 06, 2019
IMASTEX:

Many read but only very few understand. This is the biggest problems of Nigerians. "Comprehension".
You obviously couldn't read where I called them vultures.

I give up on this country!
If you had a little higher IQ, you would have noted I started with yes. To show I agree with you that they are vultures. I give up on you but not on my country.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 12:37am On Apr 06, 2019
pek:
I withdraw my comment
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 12:46am On Apr 06, 2019
pek:
I responded in a hast seeing many mentioning me in total misinterpretations of my comment. Apologise all the same

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by pek(m): 1:00am On Apr 06, 2019
IMASTEX:
I withdraw my comment
One love.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Lentilize: 1:12am On Apr 06, 2019
olujastro:
Nigeria is a terrible place to live in because many Nigerian citizens are hopelessly corrupt.
That's why I always support the least corrupt candidate in every election.
At least if I can't do much about the unfortunate institutional corruption in public offices manned by corrupt citizens in Police, Immigration, Civil Service, Airports, etc.; let the state treasury be relatively safe from being looted away by a very Corrupt President.
how do you identify the least corrupt candidates?
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Cantonese: 1:22am On Apr 06, 2019
OEPHIUS:

https://wired.ng/news/video-activist-comrade-phils-ordered-out-of-immigration-office-for-refusing-to-pay-a-bribe/
http://saharareporters.com/videos/video-immigration-officials-exposed-demanding-bribes-passport-port-harcourt

Na today? Bros unless you no wan use passport. Even as you pass through immigration at the airports and land borders na money for virgin passport. We don gba kamu over the matter.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 06, 2019
I see a lot of people blaming the citizens, I guess as a traveler, they have never known what it means to be in an emergency situation where these Immigration guys will be prepared to frustrate your efforts. How about the superior who you are supposed to report to, what I f they are part of it? They will Systematically delay or frustrate you one way or the other. If the Government is one that has shown interest in fighting this bribery and corruption in public service, the citizens will be willing to report these criminals.

Take for Example the little efforts they are showing with dismissing erring SARS officials, if they extend such practices to civil society, they the citizens will be willing to report these people knowing fully well that something will be done.

But in a society like ours where the Government shows an i don’t care attitude, who wants to waste their time arguing with them..?

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by lonelydora: 3:16am On Apr 06, 2019
post=77300487:
Let us all SAY NO TO BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION!

You and who? Abeg, Nigeria don expire since
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by OShepherd: 3:30am On Apr 06, 2019
pek:
Yes. In Nigeria, the abnormal becomes normal while the normal is abnormal!
Quite terrible as the fellow trying to put things in the light of the normal becomes an enemy of the society-Haba!
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by BigBashiru: 3:35am On Apr 06, 2019
olujastro:
Nigeria is a terrible place to live in because many Nigerian citizens are hopelessly corrupt.
That's why I always support the least corrupt candidate in every election.
At least if I can't do much about the unfortunate institutional corruption in public offices manned by corrupt citizens in Police, Immigration, Civil Service, Airports, etc.; let the state treasury be relatively safe from being looted away by a very Corrupt President.

It's a terrible place to live because Nigerians have a very relaxed approach to life..... too relaxed bordering on a culture of irresponsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by EagleNest(m): 3:39am On Apr 06, 2019
Nigeria stinks with corruption and malfeasance! It's everywhere and it's starting to look like a DNA thing more than environmental.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by xpool(m): 3:51am On Apr 06, 2019
Everybody is complaining here, but we all work in offices one way or the other and collet bribe.
Teachers, lecturers, judges, police, customs, hospitals, politicians, bankers, artistes, clergies, civil servants etc.

6 Likes

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by ventoh: 4:13am On Apr 06, 2019
thought it's only in ikoyi passport office....oga o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 06, 2019
IMASTEX:
It is normal now. Just walk into the office and see the way the vultures rush you right from the entrance. If you still have hope in Nigeria getting better anytime soon. Then your must be Joseph the dreamer.

I so scolded one very recently at Benin. After passing many loitering officers under the tree within the office. "Keep asking, oga what can we do for you. You wan do passport, etc". And I just said no to all. But on a second thought, I decided to answer the main guard at the very entrance in affirmative. See wahala oh. The poor looking guy was bent on taking me to his friend.
And i said, officer thanks. I want to go through the right office. He was even tempted to preventing me from proceeding. When I questioned the legality behind that, the guy just tired with face like someone that is about to miss his jackpot. He frustratedly said, go that office there. grin grin

Nigeria is gone

You messed everything up in your write up with the bolded.
That was very offensive. You don’t describe your fellow human being with such.

Show some respect mister.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by jaxxy(m): 4:47am On Apr 06, 2019
bluebay:
I did my own for 35k + 2,200 extral at Warri Immigration office and collected it same day. Got there past 11 am and I collect it 4:25pm

These little bribes here and there is what make Nigeria a very corrupt country cos it leads all the way up to the top senators and aides all corrupting the system.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by ASHLAND(m): 4:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Everyone that has passport passes through this extortion at passport office. With the evidence in this video, everyone that has access to social media suppose to post it everywhere with bitterness until it reaches the right authority. We should use the social media to help ourself; the guy has done a part by recording the incident. Nigeria media houses are not doing good either; if this incident happened in America, all media houses will report it, and even invite the head of the departiment for verification, until it become a big case. Let us try our best to make sure someone get fired on this issue.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Poses As Female Panties Buyer In Edo, Hands Sellers Over To Police / Chidinma Ojukwu Pleads Not Guilty To The Murder Of Usifo Ataga (Video) / $6M Romance Scam: Nigerian Man Found Guilty Of Conning Guyanese Pensioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.