Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. (416 Views)

My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. / Let Stop Tribalism On Nairalanders And Seek Forgiveness - 2021 / Gumsu Abacha Slams Wole Soyinka: Your Hate For My Father Shall Kill You, Mad Cow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
Good evening my fellow Nigerians, it's a pleasure to talk to everyone who is ready to read this piece on Nairaland.
I am fed up with the level of hate being shown towards each, especially between IBOs and YORUBAs, on this forum and other social media spaces (Facebook, Twitter e.t.c)
I have felt the pain in my heart so deep that I always feel bad anytime I these two major ethnic groups describing one another with derogatory terms on this forum, even though I belong to neither of the two sides, I am a proud middle-beltan .
Now, I believe we are all educated, and as such , I want us shelve whatever we may brewed in our minds one the past, either due to what we have been told or names we been called, and embrace peace that will make us progress as a people with common dream as a nation.
I want to also use this medium to task administrator of this great forum to take it upon himself to promote peace and togetherness by shutting down hate-propagating threads and comments henceforth.
Regards and respect to everyone on this great forum.

Good night.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44.
Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
Chipink:
Tribalism can not stop as you cannot do anything to stop a yoruba man from tribalism.

Before it was the masses who practice it.
But yoerubas took it to another level.
Imagine a married Yoruba women with all her qualification and post in Nigeria government.
Went to twitter with her verified twitter account to post rubbish about Igbos.
Now tell me how will I not fight back when I read such
It is quite sad the extent it has gone, but yet I believe there is a lot we can do as individuals. By the time such tribalistic comments are not responded to , I the peddlers of such will get frustrated and rescind as time goes on.
But I urge us, as responsible as we are, to do our best in putting an end to this trend that has already injured our national unity and well being as a nation.
Thanks for your comment ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Lloydthesaint: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
It won’t be well with the Yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by MetaPhysical: 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
OP, be mindful and stop calling for a stop to internet war between Yoruba and Igbo. Yoruba and Igbo is a bad mix from the beginning, around 1925 when a trickle of Igbos went to Yorubaland to live amongst the natives. When two things are not destined for a compatible mix if you force their mix it will result in explosive outburst and thats what we are witnessing. The outburst has become more pronounced because the line that separated us is becoming thinner. I prefer the internet war continues. If it's stoppedon the internet the war will only find other ways to manifest....and God forbid that it should manifest physically on the street. So leave it where it is on the web.

It's like telling a 16yr old girl not to bring boys home. Is it not safer to have her and the boys at home under watchful eyes? She will never ignore boys....she will only devise a new way to see them, out of view.....imagine where that could lead. grin
Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Chipink(f): 11:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
luveth:

It is quite sad the extent it has gone, but yet I believe there is a lot we can do as individuals. By the time such tribalistic comments are not responded to , I the peddlers of such will get frustrated and rescind as time goes on.
But I urge us, as responsible as we are, to do our best in putting an end to this trend that has already injured our national unity and well being as a nation.

I don't think so.
People who's intention is to make the whole see SE as bad people and u expect me not to defend and also bring their own crime to public?
U will only know how it feels if ur tribe is affected..

I respect ur spirit THO to stop tribalism,
But the truth is that u can't stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Chipink(f): 11:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
luveth:

As u can see a Yoruba mod just hid my comment even without breaking any rule,
simply because it's exposed the truth about them.
That's says a lot why tribalism won't stop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by kafulka(m): 11:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
sad

2 Likes

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Herdsmen: 12:14am On Apr 06, 2019
Stop tribalism now that Southwest wants power ..they now preach stop tribalism..

Oga you're on your own.
..we must continue till is clear to the blind..
Visit any Southwest university..then you will understand Nairaland the learn..

Elrufia for president 2023..

God bless igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by enemybulldozer(m): 12:21am On Apr 06, 2019
Op, I hope you saw what mc oluomo and tinubu did to Igbos that resides in Lagos?? And after that, you think Yorubas deserve a hug or handshake??
Op, don't annoy me o!
Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by hunter21(m): 12:26am On Apr 06, 2019
One Nigeria is wisdom!!
Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 06, 2019
Chipink:

I don't think so.
People who's intention is to make the whole see SE as bad people and u expect me not to defend and also bring their own crime to public?
U will only know how it feels if ur tribe is affected..

I respect ur spirit THO to stop tribalism,
But the truth is that u can't stop it.

It is really bad, I understand your point. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2019
Herdsmen post=77301277[b:
]Stop tribalism now that Southwest wants power [/b]..they now preach stop tribalism..

Oga you're on your own.
..we must continue till is clear to the blind..
Visit any Southwest university..then you will understand Nairaland the learn..

Elrufia for president 2023..

God bless igbo nation.
Bro. I am not a Yoruba and neither am I sympathetic to their political ambition of 2023 or what. All I am advocating for is, PEACE and common understanding between these two major ethnic groups.
Imagine having a family whose siblings are at loggerhead the it is now between these guys, there can never be peace is a family.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Bigger Trouble For Saraki, Dogara As Court Gives Five-day Ultimatum To Explain / Trump's Daughter Might Visit West Africa And This Is Why / Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland: I Supported Yahaya Bello But He Is A Different Thing Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.