Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. (688 Views)

Let Stop Tribalism On Nairalanders And Seek Forgiveness - 2021 / Stop Tribalism And Hate For One Another, Let's Love One Another. / Stop Tribalism!!!!,stop Tribalism!!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Workch: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
My best friend is a yoruba man from Abeokuta, but he resides in Lagos.
I met him when we were serving 9 Years ago in port Harcourt. He has not left southwest before in his entire life, he grew in Lagos and attended university of Ibadan. And I am an Igboboy from Abia state.

While we were serving, we got so close until the point that he doesn't even come back to Lagos when the school is on holidays, we usually go to my family house in Umuahia for the holidays. We usually cruise the while town, sometimes we drive to owerri and Enugu just to flex. Through his service Year, he didn't ever go back to his family in Lagos because he was enjoying his time in my house in umuahia.

After service, he departed for Lagos and few months later, I got a job in Lagos. I contacted him that will be needing where to stay for a while pending when I get accommodation, he offered that I come stay in their family house in Surulere. I went there and his family received me like their family member, I was there for 1 years 6 months until I finally balanced and could afford to get my own accommodation, if I still decide to visit that house today, I will be offered a bed to sleep and likewise him in umuahia, all my people know him. We all attended his wedding ceremony. Without them, I don't know what I would have even done, it would have been so difficult for me.
Today, we even own a business together and it's going smoothly. I am this hustler who manages the operations of the business and he takes care of the financial aspect of the business. We are doing well, there has never been a day when he falls short of accounting for how money were spent on the business, so I trust more than even my own blood Brothers when it comes to monetary issues.

So this tribal bigotry of a thing that I see on nairaland breaks my heart. Knowing fully well that my paddy is a Yoruba and tribal sentiments doesn't ever come between us. How did we get here?

Don't allow polticians deceive you, there's nothing like tribalism, it's vague. We can come together and agree. It's the only way that we can move this nation forward.

Please stop the tribal bigotry.

Nlfpmod Mynd44

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Zonefree(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

You sure you guys ain't gay? Sounds like that to me.

You're now accusing him of being gay ? Hatred and tribalism will consume you if you don't repent and ask for forgiveness.

God bless Igbos
God bless Omoluabis

3 Likes

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Workch:
I met him when we were serving 9 Years ago in port Harcourt. He has not left southwest before in his entire life, he grew in Lagos and attended university of Ibadan. And I am an Igboboy from Abia state.

While we were serving, we got so close until the point that he doesn't even come back to Lagos when the school is on holidays, we usually go to my family house in Umuahia for the holidays. We usually cruise the while town, sometimes we drive to owerri and Enugu just to flex. Through his service Year, he didn't ever go back to his family in Lagos because he was enjoying his time in my house in umuahia.

After service, he departed for Lagos and few months later, I got a job in Lagos. I contacted him that will be needing where to stay for a while pending when I get accommodation, he offered that I come stay in their family house in Surulere. I went there and his family received me like their family member, I was there for 1 years 6 months until I finally balanced and could afford to get my own accommodation, if I still decide to visit that house today, I will be offered a bed to sleep and likewise him in umuahia, all my people know him. We all attended his wedding ceremony. Without them, I don't know what I would have even done, it would have been so difficult for me.
Today, we even own a business together and it's going smoothly. I am this hustler who manages the operations of the business and he takes care of the financial aspect of the business. We are doing well, there has never been a day when he falls short of accounting for how money were spent on the business, so I trust more than even my own blood Brothers when it comes to monetary issues.

So this tribal bigotry of a thing that I see on nairaland breaks my heart. Knowing fully well that my paddy is a Yoruba and tribal sentiments doesn't ever come between us. How did we get here?

Don't allow polticians deceive you, there's nothing like tribalism, it's vague. We can come together and agree. It's the only way that we can move this nation forward.

Nlfpmod Mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Workch: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

lol, nope we are not.

As we dey cruise, we dey carry babes na. I schooled in UNN, so I have got many babes around umuahia, Enugu and Owerri. I dey give thr Yoruba guy Igbo pussy and he enjoyed it😂
Him staff tire for umuahia

Till date, he's married and I am not, me I dey carry plenty Yoruba pussies for Lagos like this. For me, I prefer Yoruba girls sef because they like sex eh and they know how to give it. But Igbo girls will make you show too much working before they give you fucc.k

I don't know all these tribalism nonsense you people are doing here. That one cannot affect Yoruba pussies. O

1 Like

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
Zonefree:

You're now accusing him of being gay ? Hatred and tribalism will consume you if you don't repent and ask for forgiveness.

God bless Igbos
God bless Omoluabis

Bro, stop seeing discrimination in everything. The guy confesses his friend does not go home during the holiday to see his parents, siblings, friends, girlfriend (if he has one), or even touch base with his State/town.

Instead he follows OP to be "flexing" in his part of Nigeria. That is tales by moonlight for kids.

This story is either contrived 'Taqiyah' by the Obi folks, to curry "we are one and the same so vote Obi/ Chinedu Gbadebo" favour or they are both gay. No biggie if they are.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Workch: 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

Bro, stop seeing discrimination in everything. The guy confesses his friend does not go home during the holiday to see his parents, siblings, friends, girlfriend (if he has one), or even touch base with his State/town.

Instead he follows OP to be "flexing" in his part of Nigeria. That is tales by moonlight for kids.

This story is either contrived 'Taqiyah' by the Obi folks, to curry "we one so vote Obi/ Chinedu Gbadebo" favour or they are both gay. No biggie if they are.

leave tribal bigotry make tribal bigotry leave.

This my friend, we usually have political differences but it doesn't affect our friendship. In 2014, he voted for Buhari while I voted for GEJ, last election, we both voted for Peter Obi, by Next week Saturday he will be voting for ADC while I will be voting for LP.

All those things no reach to cause fight

2 Likes

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
We all have same story as yours but that doesn't stop us from defending our land from transgressive Invaders.

If you're not attempting to dominate everything about us, there won't be animosity.

Preach to your people to also shelve the agenda of domination
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Moh247: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
cool

My childhood best friend is Ibo and from imo State, my first girlfriend and a good friend is Ibo, ... If I don't speak Yoruba many see me and think I am Ibo

I have no personal hate for my Ibo friends, nothing stereotypical or ethno bigotry

However I am a progressive in politics, and they are not, they don't value central leadership, while I don't joke with my leaders.

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Berrityga: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Tho Yoruba people are not as wicked as south south people. But I still can't trust them cause they are very tribalistic and if you don't speak their language they consider you a fool. Aside from that Yoruba people show me love before and I owe them most of my success. Right now my boss is a Yoruba man, the love his shows me no brother can do it for me.
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by N3TRAL: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
I apologize to my Igbo brothers.

I'll make it up.
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by VeryWickedGoat: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
All these accolades and you cannot show us his face.

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Neckpresser101: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
Yoruba tribalism is just during election time

After election we'll be alright

Igbos and Yorubas have never had problems

The only thing a Yoruba want is just be humble to them and calm but sadly Igbos are not like that it's not Thier fault it's not like they're disrespectful
They're not comfortable to be told what to do or used all the time . But when they are loyal forget it!! They're 100% !

Everyone will not behave same way that's the beauty of modern life

It's just these tinubu urchins

They're angry they lost Lagos upon all the intimidation

I assure you Obi won with even wider margin

Clearly shows alot of Yorubas voted LP

May God bless Pa Adebanjo, Mr macaroni and others amen!
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by christejames(m): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
It's only urchins that are causing rift between the tribes...

It will never be well with Tinubu and his urchins
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Workch:
lol, nope we are not.

As we dey cruise, we dey carry babes na. I schooled in UNN, so I have got many babes around umuahia, Enugu and Owerri. I dey give thr Yoruba guy Igbo pussy and he enjoyed it😂
Him staff tire for umuahia

Till date, he's married and I am not, me I dey carry plenty Yoruba pussies for Lagos like this. For me, I prefer Yoruba girls sef because they like sex eh and they know how to give it. But Igbo girls will make you show too much working before they give you fucc.k

I don't know all these tribalism nonsense you people are doing here. That one cannot affect Yoruba pussies. O

Well, if you're not gay then you are surely working an angle. Many more intelligent, better read, more philosophical, more exposed, more analytical and wiser folks than you know that what is happening now is happening for a reason.

That reason being that Nigerians, despite rhetoric and politically correct talk to the contrary, are very intolerant and discriminatory.

They hate each other deep down and fail to confront this fact to then progressively and pragmatically work with it to evolve a better nation.

Instead, come election time, we get this simplistic 'kumbaya' talk from people like you designed to 'Taqiyah' others into delivering votes for your candidate when you should actually be working with our reality instead of trying to gloss over it with cheap paint.

Imagine Awolowo saying, many decades ago, that Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographical expression with the fact that your having to start this thread, more than 50 years later, proves the sage 100% right.

Insanity is doing things the same way over and over again to expect a different outcome.

Let us go back to regional governance and support what is shown below. All Nigerians should demand it uncompromisingly as the system of governance we insistently want going forward.

Trust me, you or others will never have to start this sort of thread again even 5 years after what is shown below has been in place and bearing fruits.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Workch: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

Well, if you're not gay then you are surely working an angle. Many more intelligent, better read, more philosophical, more exposed and wiser than you know that what is happening now is happening for a reason which is that Nigerians are very intolerant and discriminatory.

They hate each other deep down and fail to confront this fact to they work with it to evolve a better nation.

Instead, come election time, we get this simplistic 'kumbaya' talk from people like you designed to 'Taqiyah' others into delivering votes for your candidate when you should actually be working with our reality instead of trying to gloss over it with cheap paint.

Imagine Awolowo saying, many decades ago, that Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographical expression with the fact that your having to start this thread more than 50 years later proves the sage right.

Insanity is doing things the same way over and over again to expect a different outcome.

Let us go back to regional governance. Support what is shown below. All Nigerians should as the uncompromising system. Of governance we want going forward.

Trust me, you or others will never have to start this sort of thread again even 5 years after what is shown below has been in place and bearing fruits.
Lol, regional government won't be bad idea but we should learn to tolerate each other.

All those things don't really take the emotional part of me. People will have differences, wo, it should not affect serious matters. Me I no fit because of poltically instigated tribalism lose my dear friend and Yoruba pussies or any kind of friend from any tribe or any pussy .
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Workch: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
All these accolades and you cannot show us his face.
Why? What difference would that make?
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
christejames:
It's only urchins that are causing rift between the tribes...

It will never be well with Tinubu and his urchins

Here we go again. The rants of a brain-dead simpleton. Tinubu was not even born in 1947 when Awolowo, as has been proven correct, opined that Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographical expression.

Abi Urchins influenced Awolowos's utterances back then also?

Till today you are proving Awolowo right because all you do is blame those different to you or hosting different political opinion instead of recognizing that it is the failed 'one Nigeria' system, which Awolowo tirelessly warned us about and Azikiwe incessantly fought for, preventing us acknowledging and using our differences progressively instead of pretending they don't exist, and all is well, to get us us to this sordid and dangerous state of affairs today.

Overall, the problem with you Obidullards is that you are unevolved bingos.

You're literally blind and so into clannish and ethnocentric hero worship alone that you keep believing it is about one messiah from your ethnic group that has the solution rather than a change of governance system that will bring the best out of all Nigerians and give them autonomous dignity and power over their own development in their States and region of origin.

It does not mean 'one Nigeria ends'. It simply means Nigerians must accept the overarching political and socio-economic system in place, dictated by the autonomous will of indigenous leaders, wherever they choose to live.

Being forced to all exist under the dictatorial instructions of a federal system, which does not take into account our differences, will always patently fail. It is the reason the lunacy of Nigeria continue for those who understand that insanity is doing things the same way over and over again to expect a different outcome.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/can-nigeria-change-from-a-mere-geographical-space-to-a-nation/

WHEN Chief Obafemi Awolowo wrote in Path to Nigerian Freedom, published in 1947, that Nigeria “is a mere geographical expression”, those who chose to misunderstand the context in which he used the phrase called him all sorts of names. Yet, Chief Awolowo merely stated the obvious: Nigeria was not a nation.

Think about it. If an Igbo man marries a Fulani woman or does business with a Yoruba man, does that individual action matter if, collectively, the Igbo are made to feel like second-class citizens who can’t provide national leadership?

Does individual social intercourse matter if Middle-Belt people face genocidal attacks from Fulani herdsmen while the state sides with the herders?

Or does cross-ethnic commercial interactions matter if the Yoruba can’t develop their region at their own pace and feel under siege from AK-47-wielding Fulani herdsmen, while their children who peacefully agitate for self-determination in protest against the herdsmen’s savagery are brutalised and hounded by the state?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by raskymonojendor: 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

Here we go again. The rants of a brain-dead simpleton. Tinubu was not even born in 1947 when Awolowo, as has been proven correct, opined that Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographical expression.

Abi Urchins influenced Awolowos's utterances back then also?

Till today you are proving Awolowo right because all you do is blame those different to you or hosting different political opinion instead of recognizing that it is the failed 'one Nigeria' system, which Awolowo tirelessly warned us about and Azikiwe incessantly fought for, preventing us acknowledging and using our differences progressively instead of pretending they don't exist, and all is well, to get us us to this sordid and dangerous state of affairs today.

Overall, the problem with you Obidullards is that you are unevolved bingos.

You're literally blind and so into clannish and ethnocentric hero worship alone that you keep believing it is about one messiah from your ethnic group that has the solution rather than a change of governance system that will bring the best out of all Nigerians and give them autonomous dignity and power over their own development in their States and region of origin.

It does not mean 'one Nigeria ends'. It simply means Nigerians must accept the overarching political and socio-economic system in place, dictated by the autonomous will of indigenous leaders, wherever they choose to live.

Being forced to all exist under the dictatorial instructions of a federal system, which does not take into account our differences, will always patently fail. It is the reason the lunacy of Nigeria continue for those who understand that insanity is doing things the same way over and over again to expect a different outcome.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/can-nigeria-change-from-a-mere-geographical-space-to-a-nation/

Awolowo was ahead of his peers. He saw the future.

Nnamdi Azikiwe on secession clause in the constitution. Nnamdi Azikwe's east opposed secession while The North and West supported secession.

When the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so.

I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual.

That was when we began to use that expression – ‘The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ – and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level.

So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will. He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.

We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle – he was really an arbiter – that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable.

Also read Why Awolowo did not make West secede

The North (NPC) supported Awolowo's Action Group.

The question was then: Should we have secession? The Colonial Office came to our rescue. You know, the usual principle of Britain – ‘divide and rule’ (laughs) but this time, it was in our favour. So, the colonial office backed us.

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason and that was what led to this war, because Col. Ojukwu seceded and so violated the constitution.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2020/10/01/nigeria-at-60-why-azikiwe-opposed-secession/amp/
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Beremx(f): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Moh247:
cool

My childhood best friend is Ibo and from imo State, my first girlfriend and a good friend is Ibo ... If I don't speak Yoruba many see me and think I am Ibo

I have no personal hate for my Ibo friends, nothing stereotypical or ethno bigotry

However I am a progressive in politics, and they are not, they don't value central leadership, while I don't joke with my leaders.

I no talk am before? They all have or had Igbo girlfriends but they will come to nairaland to post anti- igbo comments.
This life sef
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Moh247: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
Beremx:
I no talk am before? They all have or had Igbo girlfriends but they will come to nairaland to post anti- igbo comments.
This life sef

I banter offline and online with my Ibo friends... Nothing is anti Ibo, everyone just catching cruise. Or have you ever seen Ibo and Yoruba fight in real life
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Beremx(f): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
Moh247:

I banter offline and online with my Ibo friends... Nothing is anti Ibo, everyone just catching cruise. Or have you ever seen Ibo and Yoruba fight in real life
only on nairaland I see Igbo and Yoruba fight. Some take it too serious. Na wa
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
One thing you should understand about life is that social media no be real life..yorubas and igbos wey grow up for lag love each other die sad
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Roger3D(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Workch:

Nlfpmod Mynd44
This is supposed to be the ideal Nigerian experience but sadly it's not the case
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Lifestone(m): 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
Most of my best friends are Ibos, I was the best man to Chuks when he got married years ago. Nothing do us. What we need in Yoruba is respect, mutual respect. Simple.
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by ObaOfYorubaLand: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
Workch:

Nlfpmod Mynd44

You're not an Igbo.

Lies of APC agent.
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by ruggedboy01: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
Una go crash, is just a matter of time grin cheesy
Re: My Experience: My Best Friend Is A Yoruba Man, Stop Tribalism. by Workch: 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
ObaOfYorubaLand:

You're not an Igbo.

Lies of APC agent.
lol, I am a correct Ibeku man from umuahia

Umuahia has 6 super-communities.

1. Ibeku
2. Umuokpara
3. Ubakala
4. Old umuahia
5. Olorokoro
6. Ohuhu.

I am Afarata clan of Ibeku. Ibeku and Ohuhu makes up umuahia north while others are in umuahia south.

Umuokpara is where Michael okpara is from and it share boundaries with Obowo of Imo state. Ohuhu share bandaries with okigwe while Ubakala shares boundaries with Ntigha, isiala ngwa North.

My place Ibeku sharws boundaries with places in bende like item, uzuakoli etc and ikwuano oboro people.

I be correct Nwafor Igbo

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive A Nuclear War in 2023 � / How The Yorubas (tinubu) Can Usher In A New Order / This Talk About Naming Second Niger Bridge After Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.