Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Do Women Have To Play The Role Of A Fool To Make A Marriage Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Women Have To Play The Role Of A Fool To Make A Marriage Work? (734 Views)

.......am I A Fool To Her / 10 Strange Things All Women Have Done At Least Once / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Women Have To Play The Role Of A Fool To Make A Marriage Work? by treylaw: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2010
Do women have to play the role of a fool to make a marriage work?

TV-Presenter. Ireti Doyle, answers this question in an interview.

Do women have to play the role of a fool to make a marriage work?

[size=25pt]In any human relationship, marriage, friendship, business at some point in time one person is going to be the more ignorant of the two. Whether it is the man or not, the truth is that one person will have to lay low for that relationship to work. It is relative to the couple, relative to any relationship. To me, I will say it is not playing the fool; I will rather say it is stooping to conquer.[/size]

What are the sacrifices one needs to make to make a marriage work?

I don’t know the realistic of the relationship that exist between other people, but as for me I will say respect, loyalty and compromise. Those are the three elements.

Don’t you think the thirst for independence among women is increasing divorce rates in recent times?

No, I don’t think so. Maybe people are getting married too young, maybe they don’t understand themselves, maybe they are not picking their partners wisely, maybe they are not being tolerant enough, maybe they are getting married for the wrong reasons. I don’t know. It is only someone that has confidence in him or herself that will find a free spirited and independent woman or man.

What do you think young people should look for before getting married?

They should discover who they are first.

Don’t you think that could take eternity?
At least, know yourself. If you don’t know yourself and you don’t know what you want for yourself how do you go about picking a partner for yourself? It’s about common sense. Understand yourself, understand what you want and then go get what you want.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/5528/15/no-regrets-having-a-baby-17-ireti-doyle.html
Re: Do Women Have To Play The Role Of A Fool To Make A Marriage Work? by 1102(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2010
Dang that is too long,

(1) (Reply)

I Dey Laugh, She Don See Mumu / How Do U Protect Ur Kid Sisters From Sharp Hunting Guys? / Question:you Are Not A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.