Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

.. - Agriculture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31143 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2019
smiley
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2019
SocialJustice:
Honest people o. That's everything, without honest people you can't do anything and Nigeria totally lacks honest people. I'm thinking of mechanising as much as I can, especially harvesting. I will be purchasing a little army of drones for security and crop management.
And then what after drones? You need good pilots too. Lol. Honest people are scarce. Harvesting is what I am looking into too that will be tough. And drying the seeds need power or maybe free solar. You cant use high temperature to dry the seeds.

I'll look into your post but I'm not interested in palm oil or its derivatives though.
You are funny. Lol. What do you mean with the term derivatives? What I read on your post is olein, and that was what I am talking about. And I educate people what olein is. But bro, do you really think it is the best agro business out there? Have you really worked in a Palm plantation? It is so stressful. Do you think the United States and Canada would not have adopted oil palm too? I gave alternatives in my thread. I know that Canola oil is the first choice for Americans, and they love cold press virgin olive oil. In Europe, sun flower is widely accepted. In fact, I had no issue with sunflower oil. Do you want to know the money in groundnut (peas) oil? Though, it's not a wonderful oil in my opinion no matter how pure it is.

I didn't save any links, you need to take time out and read. My knowledge gathering spans over a year. I just read and write essential details down. There's a broker I know who has over 1000ha of trees and he can't keep up with oil demand. He sells a litre of oil for over N100k.
What about the cost of production? And what the market is saying is vital. These issues are what Mr. Emma and I tackled on my thread. And I even addressed the advantages of establishing such business in a Free Trade Zone. But I realised that I dont want do exportation. The market in Nigeria is massive. I will not have a cocoa farm, and export raw cocoa. I must find a way to turn it to chocolate or beverage, and sell locally. That's me. And then, one other brother listed options for power. He even educated us why using South West for only cash crop is advisable, and not for grains and tubers..Really, he is so right. And believe me I tracked down the rain pattern of this year. I know where to have my grain and tubers farms if I choose to do it now.

There are businesses out there just looking for other honest businesses to trade with.
Well, you can share your ideas. You can open a thread on it if there is no secret or patent you are protecting. And if you wanna contact me, you have my email.

Edit: I didn't see your olein topic. You only have 3 topics. Before I start I must meet you in person, Emmaachile too. We need to work together.
I do not have a special thread on Olein, it is just part of the businesses in my Investor corners thread. But believe me, I know A to Z of oil palm biz. This was my first love. And I went a far as getting Malaysian experts. I did not travel to Malaysia then because one of my blood was living there at the time, so speaking to the real experts was easy. But after the research I dumped the idea. Not that it is a bad business, it is. I gave my reason for not doing it in my thread.

Of course I meet people every now and then, but the truth is that I must see the reason to schedule such meeting. If you understand the number of people who share business ideas with me daily...hmmmm. It is not just possible for me to go and live on any farm again. And it is because of communication. I have paid my dues in that regard. Next Level is what I am looking at. Not APC's fake kind. Lol.

I dont mind where the people is from, and religion is not a thing I put into consideration when working with people. I have lost good people too. Such is life. I met someone who I know is a gift, but the person just refused to believe again that things can work well again. I tried my best. It got to the stage hatred started manifesting. But I pray the fellow bounces back cos that person is a gift. Very special. Nigeria can frustrate. I hate scammers and 419s with passion. Cos they did that to that very good person. All savings....gone. No matter how that kind of a person treats me, I will just be patient with the person. Bro, honest people are scarce. If the person can just open up again, hahaha.....whaoooo! But anyone who tries to push or lift the person will become an enemy. It will not be better for scammers and 419. Honestly. This is why I am careful too. I met the person right here on nairaland, and the person opened up to me. But right now, the fellow is still hurting. Scammers are wicked.

This thread is a very good one. Very lovely.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Wholesalers are available if you have the volume. I simulated a jj post about having moringa oil and seeds in wholesale and I got a lot of calls within the week including some while guys from Gombe.

Moringa oil is so scarce that at the mention of it even in a local cosmetics shop, they wanted me to even supply if I have the undiluted one.

At worst, you sell the seeds to Northerners who move them to Kano and sell to the Chinese. In Kogi, the Chinese buys off the entire farm even before harvest.

Hmmm! I get you. Not doubting you. Nice one. And God bless you bro. I will check the market very well.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2019
SocialJustice:
Pistotita, I hope you can see. This is local demand, not even international. International demand is mad. Just have good quality oil in volume. Blood money. Your family will ask you question.
Just give a round figure of the worst price per ton, per kg, or per litre?

I believe you are really sure that it is good for you to have so much confidence in it. Nice one bro.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
smiley
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
SocialJustice:
Oil is sold for N8k to N30k per litre bulk, I'll only sell this price for 1000 litres MOQ. I'll also retail branded 50ml for N5k or more. Everybody is going organic, imagine selling to Europe or Asia alone. It is a premium product but those who value it don't mind. There's also seed cake I'll be selling to animal feed producers or I could produce my own brand of poultry/herbivore fattening feed.

Hahaha. You really need farmers to partner with. Lol

What is the best way to penetrate European and Asian market? Are there special websites producers and exporters use?

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
smiley
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
smiley
Re: .. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
SocialJustice:
I'm not partnering anyone, I want to control my value chain from seed to plant to oil to export.

If I have to travel down for physical meetings I will to get my foreign market. Open marketing offices in Europe, USA and Asia. I know an oil seller that has office in central New York. This business no be joke, people don't just know and it is not for lazy people.

Google is your friend, like Emma said, if you have it, everything will be bought. No be joke. You can test on your own, don't take our words, I don't take peoples' word too until I personally research.
I just hope you know you are discussing with a grounded business strategist. Anyway, do your pilot, get your oil, and test the quality. Make sure it meets the required standard. Just saying "if you have it, everything will be bought" is not the right approach. Let figures and market speak for you. Just be very careful, and watch your interpretation. If not for spam bot, you would have seen real figures I projected. And how I got 3,600 liters per hectare. So, when oga Emma started writing about the efficiency of different extraction, I just smiled.

I know it is a good one, but more importantly now, it's better to focus on pulling out more fruits from the trees.

I hope you also know that 4 000 liters is the peak per ha and it is from the 6th year. Lol. My brother, I know what I am writing here. I was just trying to point your attentions to many areas without sounding too bossy. I suggest you know the estimated earnings for 5 years before hitting the peak, and when it starts declining. Many people crashed out of businesses like this because they did not put into the business plan diminishing return while planning it.

2 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
Pistotita:

I just hope you know you are discussing with a grounded business strategist. Anyway, do your pilot, get your oil, and test the quality. Make sure it meets the required standard. Just saying "if you have it, everything will be bought" is not the right approach. Let figures and market speak for you. Just be very careful, and watch your interpretation. If not for spam bot, you would have seen real figures I projected. And how I got 3,600 liters per hectare. So, when oga Emma started writing about the efficiency of different extraction, I just smiled.

I know it is a good one, but more importantly now, it's better to focus on pulling out more fruits from the trees.

I hope you also know that 4 000 liters is the peak per ha and it is from the 6th year. Lol. My brother, I know what I am writing here. I was just trying to point your attentions to many areas without sounding too bossy. I suggest you know the estimated earnings for 5 years before hitting the peak, and when it starts declining. Many people crashed out of businesses like this because they did not put into the business plan diminishing return while planning it.
I understand, I know about initial and peak production. Did you actually produce the oil or it is projection. What happened to your farm?
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
SocialJustice:
I understand, I know about initial and peak production. Did you actually produce the oil or it is projection. What happened to your farm?
Bro, I do not do everything. I am just looking into it. Well, it was the same Google you recommemded earlier that I used to bring out the details of what to expect. I know what to look out for. Of course like I said, there are many other essential oil that are money spinning. And like you pointed out, it is not meant for everybody. It is worth checking out.

EMMAACHILE:

Opening an eccomerce site and also listing in wholesale sites like alibaba and Amazon using private label.

The diminishing returns is projected to be after 15 plus years.
Thank you sir. 7 years peak duration is not bad. Having 50 hectares is not bad at all if market can absorb it. I think it's really a good one if the person can really plan it out very well. A very good advantage is that one sells it with peace of mind. No shaking. Even 1 year after production, the oil is still on point.

The cake will be so nutritious in animal feed. Now let us focus on this pilot. You need to find possible solutions to prevent flowers abortion.

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
Pistotita:

You need to find possible solutions to prevent flowers abortion.
Is there anything that can be done to stop flower abortion or rain has to stop for them to flower and bear fruit.
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

It's flowering normally now. Saw a lot of flowers this morning. Moringa seem to be a season specific plant.
Yes it is, thats the reason it is hard to grow in countries with winter.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
SocialJustice:
Is there anything that can be done to stop flower abortion or rain has to stop for them to flower and bear fruit.
I do not know about it at this time. I have to really check it out too. But rain and heat stress plants. There are many ways to solve the problem. One has to look for the best and most effective option. One may even have to look into grafting it to increase yield and prevent flower abortion. I may have to test different ways to also fortify its immune system to stand such stress. There are many ways around it. Also, if I see that shading it is a good one during heat period, why not? And finally, it may be possible to prune it to reduce workload on it to get good fruits. If I a rely interested in it, I will sit down with it and find solution. That's what I always do. After cracking ones brain and working around it, nairalanders will still abuse one for even teaching them. grin At least it is their right to always get it freely. grin

But seriously, let us just follow oga Emma. He knows his stuff. He will come up with solutions. I am reading just like you sir. But I hope suggestions I have made here will ne some of the strategies oga Emma will start researching.

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Moringa seed cake is about 60% protein content. It's also used to improve soil fertility and can be used as a fertilizer.
Neem and Moringa are invaluable plants. Marigold is another nice one. These are areas I am really working on too. If one works their cakes into the soil.....lalalallallallaa....that soil is ever rich. I hope someone is reading. Lol. One doesn't really need chemicals. If one uses these stuff in the soil and gets good microbes, diseases will disappear.

EMMAACHILE:

It's flowering normally now. Saw a lot of flowers this morning. Moringa seem to be a season specific plant.
It's the rain stress. But if it happens again it might mean the load on it is too much and you should consider pruning. Now you need to change the nutrients you are using. Check your fertilizer sir. Give more amnio acids and micronutrients, and let see what happens.
Re: .. by es144000: 4:39am On Oct 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Wholesalers are available if you have the volume. I simulated a jj post about having moringa oil and seeds in wholesale and I got a lot of calls within the week including some while guys from Gombe.

Moringa oil is so scarce that at the mention of it even in a local cosmetics shop, they wanted me to even supply if I have the undiluted one.

At worst, you sell the seeds to Northerners who move them to Kano and sell to the Chinese. In Kogi, the Chinese buys off the entire farm even before harvest.
was this recent?
Re: .. by RealityShot: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Agric uncle !
you will make me quit my job and buy land one day!
lolzzz

following you every period

i love agricuture... But to spend 300k to buy one plot in my state at a far location is not wise iMO.

one day one day shaa...
maybe i will relocate to the North!
Re: .. by Profpuej(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
I have long being a fan of moringa products due to the vast array of wonderful functions it does to the Human body and even to ruminants/broilers.

This topic is created with the mind to see how profitable moringa farming can be interms of the seedlings and the oil aspect. Moringa leafs and its powder market seem to be oversaturated.

The major hindrance to this project is availability of land and herdsmen wahala. Still searching for a place to lease/buy and may have to look elsewhere.

The attached pictures are nursery planted at around 22:00 hours on the 27th of March, 2019. So far, eight have germinated out of ten. I am planting these ones in my house.

The seeds are very expensive at about N250,000 for a 1000 seed quote including custom and transport to Nigeria from India.

A tree is expected to yield about 5kg per year after 2 years. Currently a kg of local moringa seeds is sold at about N1,800-N2,000.
i really appreciate this thread,it is educative

1 Like

Re: .. by Profpuej(m): 11:34am On Oct 22, 2019
Profpuej:
i really appreciate this thread,it is educative
i am left with a plot of land,how many moringa tree can be it accomodate and how much you think can take me to get me started,and also where are they ready market for this please.
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: .. by es144000: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Last year.
I asked because someone said a Chinese lady told him they are no longer buying in China and the Chinese are the major buyers in Nigeria.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: .. by Profpuej(m): 11:13am On Oct 23, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

A plot will take between 100-150 trees maximum using 2.5x2.5m spacing.

Budget at least N100 per seed.
so that means,i need about 100 seeds,so that should #10,000 right..
Re: .. by es144000: 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Someone's farm was bought over in Lokoja near Salem university though it's was just an acre size. The person eventually lost the farm and the transaction didn't go through as the Chinese were to visit and pay the owner when it was discovered fulanis grazed down the young plants a day earlier.

This was late last year. The sale of moringa seeds is even on the increase now as it's been priced for at least N1500-1700 per bucket now.
how many pkg is this?
Re: .. by rexosazy: 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Someone's farm was bought over in Lokoja near Salem university though it's was just an acre size. The person eventually lost the farm and the transaction didn't go through as the Chinese were to visit and pay the owner when it was discovered fulanis grazed down the young plants a day earlier.

This was late last year. The sale of moringa seeds is even on the increase now as it's been priced for at least N1500-1700 per bucket now.

This really wickedness of the highest order. The Fulani- Hausa herdsmen were never this inhumane 2 decades ago. Where is the hope for agriculture and food sustainability in Nigeria? This incessant farmland destruction by herdsmen is discouraging for prospective farmers, especially the youths. Moringa does quite better in the north than other rain forest parts in Nigeria. The way forward is think security before even starting a farm in the North

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by mankettle(m): 4:06am On Oct 28, 2019
kpas4kpas:

Yes Sir Ihunbo after sango/camaan land before Idiroko
Quick one. I would like to visit your farm. Also did the momax 3 do well in Ogun State?
Re: .. by rikkirose: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2019
Hi guys. I want to advise you something. I recently ordered a gift for my girlfriend online and first used WordPress - and was pleasantly impressed. Various types of payment online, very fast, comfortable service. Many positive reviews met expectations)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.