Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

.. - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31136 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
Thank you for the update.
SocialJustice:
This new organic rave makes no sense to me, why should I be limiting myself to 5 tonnes for a plant that can produce twice that without loss in oil quality. It is something to be applied to the skin not even eaten.

At the rate the world's population is growing, inorganically produced food is the only way to go. Scientists are trying as much as possible to start growing plants with hydroponics to produce more food from less land.

Hydroponics vegetables are the best and do not need washing from farm to your plate as it is produced without soil in a controlled indoor environment.

Moringa oil is a product that can replace a lot of poisonous substances currently being used in the cosmetics industry and the market is growing insanely. Who really cares if manure is used instead of synthetic nutrient concentrates? Maybe for leaf producers but definitely not for oil producers. The fact that this wonder oil comes from a plant alone is more than enough for it to be termed organic.
Re: .. by Alberttahir: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
kayjay69:
Bro, please what time of the year is best to plant Moringa for someone hoping to plant for the seeds?

I think its good from April to July, so there'll be sufficient water for it before dry season. I planted mine in late April an they are doing fine.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
kayjay69:
Thank you for the update.
You're welcome.
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: .. by Alberttahir: 6:30am On Oct 04, 2019
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=82820287]
Any flowering or fruiting now? [/quo

For now, there is none. may be, it'll start late in the year. the growth is not fast, which I believe it's largely due to poor soil fertility.
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2019
Guys, is there anyone farming Moringa, on a reasonable scale, in the South Western part of Nigeria? I would like to have a conversation before setting up my farm early next year. Any updates would be quite helpful, thanks.
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2019
Guys, please anyone on this thread farming Momax in South West Nigeria, kindly offer guidance. There are some questions I have such as:

1) does Momax do well in the SW, as much as it does in the North (or at the very least close to that), all other things being equal (best farm practice, good soil type and so on)?

2) are these figures, for land preparation, reasonable in South West, Ogun State:
Landclearing 70k per acre
De-stumping 15k per acre
Ploughing 9k per acre
If No to #2, can anyone put me in touch with someone that can do it for a more reasonable price?

Emmachille was very helpful as i spoke to him over the phone but his operations are based in the middle belt and i just feel it is better to inquire further as to anyone who has done the above in the South West, specifically Ogun State or states with similar weather like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo.

Any idea would be helpful and is welcome.
Thanks in advance guys.
Re: .. by landclearing: 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
kayjay69:
Guys, please anyone on this thread farming Momax in South West Nigeria, kindly offer guidance. There are some questions I have such as:

1) does Momax do well in the SW, as much as it does in the North (or at the very least close to that), all other things being equal (best farm practice, good soil type and so on)?

2) are these figures, for land preparation, reasonable in South West, Ogun State:
De-stumping 15k per acre
Ploughing 9k per acre
If No to #2, can anyone put me in touch with someone that can do it for a more reasonable price?

Emmachille was very helpful as i spoke to him over the phone but his operations are based in the middle belt and i just feel it is better to inquire further as to anyone who has done the above in the South West, specifically Ogun State or states with similar weather like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo.

Thanks in advance guys.
call or whatsapp me on 08125193014. We do these operations at a cheaper rate and quality service is guaranteed.
You can check our fb page.
Facebook.com/tracsncrawlers
Re: .. by landclearing: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
kayjay69:

De-stumping 15k per acre
Ploughing 9k per acre

Thanks in advance guys.
We are familiar with ogun state vegetation, we've work there 3 times this year and we are currently working in imeko ogun state of a 80hectares land preparation project
Re: .. by KingOpe: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
SocialJustice:
This new organic rave makes no sense to me, why should I be limiting myself to 5 tonnes for a plant that can produce twice that without loss in oil quality. It is something to be applied to the skin not even eaten.

At the rate the world's population is growing, inorganically produced food is the only way to go. Scientists are trying as much as possible to start growing plants with hydroponics to produce more food from less land.

Hydroponics vegetables are the best and do not need washing from farm to your plate as it is produced without soil in a controlled indoor environment.

Moringa oil is a product that can replace a lot of poisonous substances currently being used in the cosmetics industry and the market is growing insanely. Who really cares if manure is used instead of synthetic nutrient concentrates? Maybe for leaf producers but definitely not for oil producers. The fact that this wonder oil comes from a plant alone is more than enough for it to be termed organic.

Very simple.
Just try to ensure you work backwards. That is, find out the specifications of your target market and ensure your produce meets that.

2 Likes

Re: .. by kpas4kpas: 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
[quote author=kayjay69 post=82852861]Guys, please anyone on this thread farming Momax in South West Nigeria, kindly offer guidance. There are some questions I have such as:

De-stumping 15k per acre
Ploughing 9k per acre

Thanks in advance guys.

5,000 seedlings available in Ogun state @ cheap price.
You can contact me for details
Re: .. by mankettle(m): 2:07am On Oct 08, 2019
[quote author=kpas4kpas post=82935550][/quote] Are you in Ogun state? If yes location?
Re: .. by kpas4kpas: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
mankettle:

Are you in Ogun state? If yes location?

Yes Sir
Ihunbo after sango/camaan land before Idiroko
Re: .. by KingOpe: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
I am hoping to get a safe land as soon as possible or else may goto other states where its favourable. Its expected to last above 15 years in optimum production. This can be a game changer if all things go well.

Expected yields is as fast as 6 months and a tree is expected to produce twice a year. First year projected yields is about 2 tonnes per hectare.

A hectare is expected to host about 1660 trees

@emmaachile, how are your moringa trees doing? Going by your post in April, the 1st expected yields should be around October (6 month projection). Have you started harvesting? Please can you share pictures and updates? it's been a while you updated us. Thank you very much bro.

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
KingOpe:

@emmaachile, how are your moringa trees doing? Going by your post in April, the 1st expected yields should be around October (6 month projection). Have you started harvesting? Please can you share pictures and updates? it's been a while you updated us. Thank you very much bro.

Good thing you're following in detail. Please Emmaachile I need updates too.

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
SocialJustice:
Good thing you're following in detail. Please Emmaachile I need updates too.

Yes, i certainly am following our forerunner in detail o. smiley

If you have observed, i have been a doubter of Momax 3 yield claims ( even though i bought and planted some myself). But Emmaachile has been confident of the yield claims so far, so i hope to be finally convinced when i see his results.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

You and this doubt. Hahaha. I will post pictures tomorrow morning. The flowers are aborting and coming up all the time likely due to the rains. I notice moringa seem to have a definite time to produce pods.
The local one in my house is also aborting fruits due to the heavy rains.
Wow even rain can disturb it like this. It means it has to flower in dry season for pods to successfully form. Thanks for the update.
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

The ripe season seem to be June and November/December for the pods to set.
So you're saying the trees will continue trying to flower until pods come or they could stop before November/December?
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

After they abort, it will flower again until the weather condition is right before it produces pod. I will snap the floor of the trees tomorrow to see the aborted flowers.
OK, cool.
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Aborted flowers

That is to say one should get ready to sweep his compound continuously during flowering period. grin. Bala will be more useful, not only at the gate. Lol. There should be solution to it. Use the concept of preventing flower abortion in tomatoes and other vegetables during rainy/hot season. There should be solution to it.

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
Pistotita:

That is to say one should get ready to sweep his compound continuously during flowering period. grin. Bala will be more useful, not only at the gate. Lol. There should be solution to it. Use the concept of preventing flower abortion in tomatoes and other vegetables during rainy/hot season. There should be solution to it.
I'm happy to see you here. Please share your knowledge on flower abortion prevention.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2019
SocialJustice:
I'm happy to see you here. Please share your knowledge on flower abortion prevention.

Flower abortion is a symptom and evidence of stress in plants. And the way stress is addressed in humans is the way I address it in plants.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2019
Pistotita:

Flower abortion is a symptom and evidence of stress in plants. And the way stress is addressed in humans is the way I address it in plants.
Thanks, how can it be treated and the plant able to flower even in rainy season?
Re: .. by imhere: 10:28am On Oct 12, 2019
Moringa tree has to be prunned if it must yield quality and quantity
Re: .. by imhere: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2019
From your moringa tree image you planted it by the fence and the root is not probably receiving enough water.
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Spam bot knocked out oga Emma yesterday again while trying to respond to questions on his broilers' thread.

imhere:
Moringa tree has to be prunned if it must yield quality and quantity
Hmmmm! Of course you are right. Pruning is an invaluable technique. It is so powerful, but it is a double edged sword which can be disastrous. If done wrongly, it will reduce yield. But my concern is this: does it really worth the effort? To prune 1 acre farm.... grin grin grin grin grin So, one needs to look at the economic value of the stem and leaves in comparison with the fruits.

Oga Emmaachile, please is it worth it to forgo some leaves in order to get more fruits? I pray spam bot doesn't knock you out again because I have noticed it that it is anti- good info. Lol. It hates figures. Hehehehe. And that's automatic 24 hours knock out. grin Please, just try to give summary of economic value of all the various parts of moringa. You guys are pushing me to look at this tree.

imhere:
From your moringa tree image you planted it by the fence and the root is not probably receiving enough water.
Hmmmm! Not absorbing water even in this rainy season? With how oga said he suspects rain as one of the reasons for flower abortion? I really dont think its root is that invasive. I may be wrong, but there is sense in your two posts which should answer more questions about the tree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.