Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

.. - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31120 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by KingOpe: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Go to alibaba and check it. Bulk sellers are there.

Same thing. I've done that - it's a pretty wide price range there as well.. I just wanted an independent opinion from someone else's research because of the wide range i was seeing, that's why i asked. It's not that i do not know where to check for prices. But it's not a big deal. Cheers.
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
If you do not mind, i would like to work with you on these things.

EMMAACHILE:
I use to have some contacts from Oyo and Ogun. I didn't store their number. The Ogun guy normally ask for as high as 30 tonnes per month supply.
If I get their calls again, I will save them.

There are also institutions that need this in bulk. Some of them work as an aggregator and also work as market linkages to the final consumers.

I am doing some underground work with a freight forwarder who has not really responded well for me to get rates to export to different countries. They say I should get the supplies first then discuss with them.

Re: .. by kpas4kpas: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2019
kayjay69:
Please I have a couple of questions if you will permit me; who are these Chinese and Indian businessmen?
How can one meet them?
Do you have any of such contacts?
What are the prevalent market prices for the seed?
I learnt there was a big crash in the price of moringa in 2007 to 2008, how true is this?
Does the price of the leaves in anyway affect price of seed?
When is the best time to sell to maximise reward? Are you familiar with when most people harvest in naija?

I am also an intending farmer, 10ha, PKM1 (8ha) and Momax (2ha) and God willing I intend starting in November. So I am simply gathering information.

Contact us for our 5,000 Momax3 seedlings.
At subsidies rate.
Ready for transplant.
Re: .. by es144000: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
I use to have some contacts from Oyo and Ogun. I didn't store their number. The Ogun guy normally ask for as high as 30 tonnes per month supply.
If I get their calls again, I will save them.

There are also institutions that need this in bulk. Some of them work as an aggregator and also work as market linkages to the final consumers.

I am doing some underground work with a freight forwarder who has not really responded well for me to get rates to export to different countries. They say I should get the supplies first then discuss with them.

would be interested when you get their numbers
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
I am hoping to get a safe land as soon as possible or else may goto other states where its favourable. Its expected to last above 15 years in optimum production. This can be a game changer if all things go well.

Expected yields is as fast as 6 months and a tree is expected to produce twice a year. First year projected yields is about 2 tonnes per hectare.

A hectare is expected to host about 1660 trees
Mr Emma, why not go to Oyo state where you can get affordable land? I always see advert of 60k per acre from that state.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2019
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2019
Lol. But you just only need to set the farm up in that village and return back to the city. You can be coming for supervision.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Lol. That true. The major problem is the initial months. After the first 6 months, the care needed goes down. That's the advantage of trees.
Exactly my thoughts. Well, I am praying for this your few trial trees to succeed because I am counting on you. I have been following you closely since you started it. When yours work, i will invest next year. Thanks for up to date info!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by mankettle(m): 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Exactly my thoughts. Well, I am praying for this your few trial trees to succeed because I am counting on you. I have been following you closely since you started it. When yours work, i will invest next year. Thanks for up to date info!
So no be only me dey observe.
Re: .. by kingharzy: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
mankettle:
So no be only me dey observe.
we dey this queue ooo

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: .. by kingharzy: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
But i thought you bought some seedlings?
no, not yet
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hello, please updates.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2019

3 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Lol, which updates? Pictures?
I notice the flowering is delaying likely due to the almost daily rains. A sign it might not fruit well in the heavy rainy belt region of the south especially during the rainy season.

I will send pictures tomorrow. Agriculture is a marathon. My bitter leaf breeder farm is also on track. I want to get at least an acre next year.
Yes pictures. Acre of bitter leaf. What is it used for? Is there another purpose aside being food ingredient?
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2019

7 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

cheesy Do you think it's too much? Don't underestimate the market. I was in the Lokoja market today and met two Hausa sellers who tell me they sell 100 bags each of cucumber in 2 days! Bell pepper, carrots, hot pepper, green beans are in short supply! Imagine the kind of money the so called illiterates make! Let's assume, the make only 1000 per bag and this is only for cucumber yet.

If you go to the vegetable section, you see sellers bringing in pickup load of leafs. Some graduate need to look into this kind of opportunity to make end meet.
Yes I think it is too much. Makes sense for fluted pumpkin but bitterleaf, well if there is a market then it's cool.
Re: .. by drexx(m): 4:40am On Sep 20, 2019
Sir Emma you mentioned in your first post that moringa is good for broilers. Please dont be offended, I want to know how useful it is to broilers. Thanks. Nice job you have really done in this agric section
Re: .. by lizdammy: 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

cheesy Do you think it's too much? Don't underestimate the market. I was in the Lokoja market today and met two Hausa sellers who tell me they sell 100 bags each of cucumber in 2 days! Bell pepper, carrots, hot pepper, green beans are in short supply! Imagine the kind of money the so called illiterates make! Let's assume, the make only 1000 per bag and this is only for cucumber yet.

If you go to the vegetable section, you see sellers bringing in pickup load of leafs. Some graduate need to look into this kind of opportunity to make end meet.
TRUTH!
Re: .. by Treepower2000: 12:25am On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=kpas4kpas post=81509456]

5,000 Momax3 Moringa seedlings is available for urgent sell.[/quote
How much per seedling?
Re: .. by kpas4kpas: 8:40am On Sep 29, 2019
N400
The more you buy the less you pay.
Contact me pls.
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hello Guys. Any updates.

Please when is the best time of the year to plant Moringa, for someone who is interested in the seeds? Ogun State precisely.

And what is the average yield per acre or hectares to be expected, using organic fertilizer mainly?

Any ideas
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
Bro, please what time of the year is best to plant Moringa for someone hoping to plant for the seeds?

Alberttahir:
Nice thread. I'm interested in moringa farming too but yet to plant the seeds. Waiting for rain cos I don't want to raise it in nursery b4 transplanting
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
Bro, please can you share your contact so i call you.
Kindly follow back and let 's talk privately. Thanks
EMMAACHILE:

January and June. It's doesn't fruit well during heavy rains around September to October.
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
kayjay69:
Hello Guys. Any updates.

Please when is the best time of the year to plant Moringa, for someone who is interested in the seeds? Ogun State precisely.

And what is the average yield per acre or hectares to be expected, using organic fertilizer mainly?

Any ideas
This new organic rave makes no sense to me, why should I be limiting myself to 5 tonnes for a plant that can produce twice that without loss in oil quality. It is something to be applied to the skin not even eaten.

At the rate the world's population is growing, inorganically produced food is the only way to go. Scientists are trying as much as possible to start growing plants with hydroponics to produce more food from less land.

Hydroponics vegetables are the best and do not need washing from farm to your plate as it is produced without soil in a controlled indoor environment.

Moringa oil is a product that can replace a lot of poisonous substances currently being used in the cosmetics industry and the market is growing insanely. Who really cares if manure is used instead of synthetic nutrient concentrates? Maybe for leaf producers but definitely not for oil producers. The fact that this wonder oil comes from a plant alone is more than enough for it to be termed organic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.