Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

.. - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31004 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Cassie74: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
bixton:
Good Morning Emmaachile......

Apologies, please can you tell me the name of this seeds. Someone gave it to mum but she does not remember it.
Thanks.

This should be pumpkin seed not the fluted.. Ibos call it anyu

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by kingharzy: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Size here is about 9000 square feet

Momax3 farm in Lokoja. This will be used like a breeder farm where the seeds will be used to get a large farm.
Good'ay sir. please can I call you via your *******102 line??
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
SocialJustice:
Does fertiliser affect moringa oil quality?

Not at all. It's just that alot of export contract terms now say strictly organic so you want to be well-placed to compete. Also, organic commands premium pricing and that's the only way to differentiate against the indians who sell their inorganic moringa very cheaply because of their economies of scale.

Emmachile already spent so much on the momax seeds, that's why i advised he should not add chemicals to his first set of trees yet.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
KingOpe:

Not at all. It's just that alot of export contract terms now say strictly organic so you want to be well-placed to compete. Also, organic commands premium pricing and that's the only way to differentiate against the indians who sell their inorganic moringa very cheaply because of their economies of scale.

Emmachile already spent so much on the momax seeds, that's why i advised he should not add chemicals to his first set of trees yet.

Thanks for explaining the risk involved.

What if fertiliser is used for the first trees then the seeds they produce are planted and grown organically? I guess the organically grown will have no issues.

Can you please give an example of actual organic/inorganic moringa oil price difference.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2019
SocialJustice:
Thanks for explaining the risk involved.

What if fertiliser is used for the first trees then the seeds they produce are planted and grown organically? I guess the organically grown will have no issues.

Can you please give an example of actual organic/inorganic moringa oil price difference.

You are welcome. In organic farming, there is a requirement known as traceability. You have to be able to provide the source of your seeds and demonstrate it's organic if you want to get the organic certification. Products with organic certification are priced and average of 40-80%(or even more) above inorganic (also called conventional) products. I do not have any specific international pricing now as I am also still in nursery stage.

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:34am On Jul 17, 2019
KingOpe:

You are welcome. In organic farming, there is a requirement known as traceability. You have to be able to provide the source of your seeds and demonstrate it's organic if you want to get the organic certification. Products with organic certification are priced and average of 40-80%(or even more) above inorganic (also called conventional) products. I do not have any specific international pricing now as I am also still in nursery stage.

Cheers

Thank you. How can a person nurture a large farm on organic?
Re: .. by KingOpe: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2019
SocialJustice:
Thank you. How can a person nurture a large farm on organic?

Organic farming is more stressful and expensive than inorganic i must admit. However, there are organic fertilisers and pesticides but you would still need to use the services of a consultant with experience in organic farming.

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
KingOpe:

Organic farming is more stressful and expensive than inorganic i must admit. However, there are organic fertilisers and pesticides but you would still need to use the services of a consultant with experience in organic farming.
Eya.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
EMMAACHILE, please the moringa oil prices you quoted of from 10-20k per litre, are they for organic or inorganic oil, also, do you think the guys in Ghana are into organic prodiction?
Re: .. by bixton(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
Cassie74:

This should be pumpkin seed not the fluted.. Ibos call it anyu

Thanks
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Those prices are normal prices.
Wow, do you have an idea of what organic oil cost?
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Agric Improved Bitter leaf nursery. Creating a breeder farm where the seedlings will be collected to form a large farm. These are 17 in number.

They grow very well on even poor soils but best with High nitrogen application and water.
Nice updates. Is there a viable commercial market for bitterleaf?
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
These moringas will be 4 months as from August 7th and there are this big. I got some pixs from another momax3 farm in kaduna which is about 1 year old and the trees are shorter than this.
I guess its because of the addition of chemical fertilizers and the frequent watering at home. The ones on the farm in my case dont grow too fast too.

350 new nursery plants to be transplanted. The hustle is real shocked

I don't think it has to do with the chemical fertilizers. They have their organic fertilisers used. They pruned it from the top to limit the height. The momax seller in India does the same to his trees.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
This is a picture of my nursery. These are 10 day old pkm1. My momax3 seeds have finally arrived from India and should be planted by next week by God's grace. I ordered my PKM1 from India as well.

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
KingOpe:
This is a picture of my nursery. These are 10 day old pkm1. My momax3 seeds have finally arrived from India and should be planted by next week by God's grace. I ordered my PKM1 from India as well.
Why did you get pkm1?
Re: .. by KingOpe: 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
SocialJustice:
Why did you get pkm1?

Because it's cheaper. I intend to plant the F1 of momax 3 i just bought (that is planting from the harvest of the seeds I just got) next year by God's grace but pkm 1 will give some returns till then grin

Do you own a moringa farm?
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2019
KingOpe:

Because it's cheaper. I intend to plant the F1 of momax 3 i just bought (that is planting from the harvest of the seeds I just got) next year by God's grace but pkm 1 will give some returns till then grin

Do you own a moringa farm?
Oh, I see.

I'm still in training, hopefully this year or next I'll start mine.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Instead of pkm1, you would have gotten the latest one in town called the "MOL'E" which is like the PKM series known for leaf production.

Thanks alot for this, bro. I'll definitely check it out now as I am still going to do leaf production on we finish
transplanting this. �. PKM1 is fine for now o - it gives about 2 -2.5 tonnes per hectare and costs less than 10% of the price of Momax3. Only snag is it produces commercially for only 3 years but that's not problem for me as i have my 4,000+ seeds of Momax 3 that should be fruiting very well by then by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by KingOpe: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Instead of pkm1, you would have gotten the latest one in town called the "MOL'E" which is like the PKM series known for leaf production.

I have checked it out. It's from that DP guy as well. Not interested in buying more from him.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2019
SocialJustice:
Oh, I see.

I'm still in training, hopefully this year or next I'll start mine.

That's lovely. Where is your base?
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2019
KingOpe:

That's lovely. Where is your base?
Edo/Delta. I'm looking to start with 10 hectares so I'm not in a hurry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.