Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

.. - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31029 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:27am On Aug 01, 2019
KingOpe:

Thanks alot for this, bro. I'll definitely check it out now as I am still going to do leaf production on we finish
transplanting this. �. PKM1 is fine for now o - it gives about 2 -2.5 tonnes per hectare and costs less than 10% of the price of Momax3. Only snag is it produces commercially for only 3 years but that's not problem for me as i have my 4,000+ seeds of Momax 3 that should be fruiting very well by then by God's grace.
You mean leaf or seeds?
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 01, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 01, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Seed
OK, I support having momax all through then, but he has his own plans as he said his momax is for F1 harvest while pkm1 produces fast cash. That's not so bad.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:29am On Aug 01, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Why? His prices are exorbitant but worth it if you can get the seeds.
I may order for the MOL'E moringa if I want to go into commercial toothpaste and soap production. It's also good for livestock like pig or goat.
The uses are numerous.
Toothpaste, that's really high tech. I just want to strictly target global oil supply. Sell 2500 litres at N20k or more monthly.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
SocialJustice:
You mean leaf or seeds?

I am doing both moringa leaf for powder and moringa seed for oil. However, pkm1 and momax3 are for seed production.

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Why? His prices are exorbitant but worth it if you can get the seeds.
I may order for the MOL'E moringa if I want to go into commercial toothpaste and soap production. It's also good for livestock like pig or goat.
The uses are numerous.

You are right, there are just too many uses of Moringa. One can always develop a niche market for any area. I do not think DP's exorbitant costs is worth it for leaf production. Certainly worth it for the seed production though.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
SocialJustice:
Toothpaste, that's really high tech. I just want to strictly target global oil supply. Sell 2500 litres at N20k or more monthly.

Just make sure it's organic and you are good to go. We have similar plans. My target is to do sizeable quantities of powder and oil first, then i can develop niche later. Stress of niche product is alot - marketing and product development is a lot of stress abeg. grin
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
KingOpe:

Just make sure it's organic and you are good to go. We have similar plans. My target is to do sizeable quantities of powder and oil first, then i can develop niche later. Stress of niche product is alot - marketing and product development is a lot of stress abeg. grin
Is organic fertilizer available in commercial quantity to support a large farm?

I keep reading stuff about moringa leaf being hard to digest and most of the nutrients it contains can not be absorbed into the body. Is this really true or some people are already trying to demarket the product.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
SocialJustice:
Is organic fertilizer available in commercial quantity to support a large farm?

I keep reading stuff about moringa leaf being hard to digest and most of the nutrients it contains can not be absorbed into the body. Is this really true or some people are already trying to demarket the product.

I have never read anything about moringa leaf being hard to digest. Never even heard anout that before... You might want to check the sources of your news. You can check out credible international research journals and scientific based findings about the potency of the Moringa leaf to have a deeper understanding of why it is classified as a super food.

Yeah, there are all sorts of organic certified fertilizers. You can even use cow dung/poultry manure too.

2 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2019
KingOpe:

I have never read anything about moringa leaf being hard to digest. Never even heard anout that before... You might want to check the sources of your news. You can check out credible international research journals and scientific based findings about the potency of the Moringa leaf to have a deeper understanding of why it is classified as a super food.

Yeah, there are all sorts of organic certified fertilizers. You can even use cow dung/poultry manure too.
True, I should really stick to deriving information from research backed articles only.

Thanks for the organic fertiliser information.
Re: .. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2019

4 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2019

6 Likes

Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 7:47am On Aug 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Moringa Momax3 starting to fruit after 4 months
just 4 months. Oga Emma, when are you expecting first harvest?
Also, what is the duration of the tree? I mean how many year will the moriga tree reach before harvest will stop. I am asking so that if I want to lease land I will know how many years I will bargain for.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 8:53am On Aug 19, 2019
Ok thanks!
25 years is far oo. I think it will be better to buy land instead of lease.
Re: .. by es144000: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Harvest is 6 months and the lifespan is estimated at 15-25 years for full productivity. I guess it will be more.
Is it true the Chinese have banned importation of moringa seeds?
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: .. by es144000: 1:31am On Aug 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I haven't heard that.
someone who ordered 2kg of Momax told me a Chinese woman told him after he asked why they were not buying at the moment.He said he will no longer cultivate the moringa,even as he has them at the nursery.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 2:01am On Aug 20, 2019
es144000:
someone who ordered 2kg of Momax told me a Chinese woman told him after he asked why they were not buying at the moment.He said he will no longer cultivate the moringa,even as he has them at the nursery.

What's the variety of seeds? Where is the location? Please dash me. I don't mind picking up if transport cost is not too high �

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 2:07am On Aug 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Harvest is 6 months and the lifespan is estimated at 15-25 years for full productivity. I guess it will be more.

I advice you to take everything DP tells you with a pinch of salt. His inconsistencies around pricing of the seed is already a cause for concern. Everyone i know has purchased for a wide range of different prices.

Also, i do not know anyone (including DP, the owner himself) that has waited 15-25 years to verify claims around productivity.

You should be close to harvest since it's 6 months cycle. We will wait to use that to verify claims around 6 months harvest.
Re: .. by es144000: 2:50am On Aug 20, 2019
KingOpe:

What's the variety of seeds? Where is the location? Please dash me. I don't mind picking up if transport cost is not too high �
momax3,will ask him
Re: .. by KingOpe: 4:40am On Aug 20, 2019
es144000:
momax3,will ask him

Thanks. Lool
You will see he's not for real and just yarning. Who on earth would spend so much money to buy momax seeds and now abandon the seedlings based on the claims of a "chinese woman" or even china?
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 20, 2019
Re: .. by KingOpe: 5:18am On Aug 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I wonder why you always have this doubt. The Kaduna farmer have this same variety and I thought you even went there. Why always doubting DP?
Projections can be made of any tree by plant scientist based on the root system and structure.

Claim no 1
He said it starts fruiting from 4fh month
Verification: pass so far

Others to verify
Claim no 2
It fruits in 6 months

Claim no 3
It gets average of 100 pods

I even think his projections are on the low side from what I see on the ones in my house. The Kaduna mans yield for his first harvest was 30 pods for a tree I saw but its organic growth since no fertilizer and extra water. Applying fertilizer will surely give more growth of pods.

So we wait for claim 2 and claim 3.

Was Momax3 in existence 15-25 years ago for anyone to confirm the productivity claim?

Yes, i went to the Kaduna farm to physically observe for myself and i still have some reservations o ...

Like i said, if you know the inconsistencies around pricing, you will understand my reservation about anything he says. Did you compare the price you paid with others?
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 20, 2019
Re: .. by KingOpe: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Inconsistencies in pricing? I don't understand. The productivity of his 3.5 years tree now is about 5kg per tree already. This is averaging 8 tons per harvest already while he projected 5-9 tonnes per year.

His projections claims from my opinion are very low. Only time will tell. Hope we will all be area to dispel or hail him for this variety in years to come.

My people must benefit from this if all goes well as 1 am planting my last batch in my local government in case I may not be in Nigeria in the future. This country na Bleep up.

Lack of uniformity in prices he sells momax3. 2 different people can chat him.up at the same time n he would give completely different prices (happened to me). I "might" not be saying all I know. Sometimes, we have to be able to read between the lines.... But if you want to disregard the caution, that's totally fine.

Haa, please don't consider relocation bro. We need people like you to build Nigeria's agric sector .
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2019
KingOpe:

grin
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

My people must benefit from this if all goes well as 1 am planting my last batch in my local government in case I may not be in Nigeria in the future. This country na Bleep up.
You can relocate your family but stay here to mind your farm and travel to see them bimonthly or monthly.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by KingOpe: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I hope to be in Nigeria but as things are going, its advisable for one to have a second option.
The good thing about farming is that it can also be run anywhere especially in tropical/sub-tropical countries like Australia/USA. Nigeria is getting worse everyday especially in infrastructure and security. We can only hope for a good post-buhari era.

His prices are not varied to my knowledge. His 1kg momax3 goes for $990 without transport. He is listed with same prices on many marketplaces like indiamart, alibaba and their own website from ABC India.

Insecurity is a very big concern. There is no network on my farm, i vary my movement so im unpredictable. God continue keeping us.

@DP, That's his price for newbies �. He has different prices and i confirmed they are all from the same source.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.