Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death (43363 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / Aminu Sheu: Osun Polytechnic Student Slumps, Dies After Writing Examination / Why Late Aminu Othman Zubairu Spent 22 years On PhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by sirliu(m): 12:35am On Apr 08, 2019
I am very sad to hear this news. Zubair was a very tough strict guy, but he was also one of the few that never played politics. He was not a dishonest man. He had integrity. He also isn't the type to commit suicide. He is made of tougher stuff than that. I remember how he taught me Abstract algebra in 2005. I used to make fun of his accent and used to dread his assignments. But he never sold hand outs. Never fraternised with students. Never played politics. He refused to add to the marks of students who failed his course, but he rewarded you for passing his course.
There is more to the death than meets the eye.

RIP Zubair
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by tallerSSS: 2:10am On Apr 08, 2019
no matter how determined u are to commit suicide by fire and finally set yourself ablaze the soul will still fight for it survival in as much as he or she isn't locked with a chain to a particular area of the affected building.. I can hardly believe this reaction with the kind of bad news surrounding the late young lecturer..
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Basher8583: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2019
BiafraIsFree:

I am not one of those sycophantic Atikulators Obituaries, I wonder where they now. I am a Biafran fighting for upcoming generations of Biafrans.

Your President fake buhari and his entire jihads are running away from IPOB in international court of law to jail our Lord Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB DOS.

Test your level of Nigerian education in your brain.

What is FREEDOM?

Thank you for the discourse. You can take this up in another thread. This thread is for mourning the loss of a fine Mathematician.
Wish you well in your quest though.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by rattlesnake(m): 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
Guidedee:
Desist from saying what you don't know.

Praise be to Allaah.
The one who dies by burning is a martyr, because of the report narrated by Ahmad (23804), Abu Dawood (3111) and al-Nasaa’i (1846) from Jaabir ibn ‘Ateek (may Allah be pleased with him), according to which the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: What do you regard as martyrdom?” They said: Being killed for the sake of Allaah. The Messenger of Allaah (S) said: “Martyrdom is seven things besides being killed for the sake of Allaah. The one who dies of the plague is a martyr, the one who drowns is a martyr, the one who dies of pleurisy is a martyr, the one who dies of a stomach disease is a martyr, the one who is burned to death is a martyr, the one who dies beneath a collapsed building is a martyr, and the woman who dies in pregnancy is a martyr.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) / FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.