Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,824,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death (43379 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / Aminu Sheu: Osun Polytechnic Student Slumps, Dies After Writing Examination / Why Late Aminu Othman Zubairu Spent 22 years On PhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
DimFemmy:

I think I scored 51 back then 2006..and I was among those who scored highest.
so he himself was a sadist too...51 for mathematics na so una dull reach

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by GavelSlam: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
dwilliams:
Atleast e don escape Buhari and imm bastardized economy

You don't want to follow him?
grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
tete7000:

Dr. Jeje and Zubair are not the same. Both taught me and I can tell you they are not the same. By the way Jeje is a Phd holder with a bad attitude, Zubair in terms of attitude is a better person. Always wonder why Zubair man didn't make it up through the ladder. He showed stint of brilliance and apart from Prof. Bamiro he is one of the exceptional lecturer I passed through in that university. All I was taught in algebra and differential equations by him remains ever green in my memory to date, but I know the way our systems are set up, it takes more than brilliance to rise. Ass-licking, eye service, etc earn more than hardwork.

Jeje taught me fluid mechanics and was such a bad lecturer, one I don't pray my children encounter. The result of that course for my set would not be released until the middle of the next season with so much pressure exerted on the man. He later became the HOD of the deparment where he served at a time and if not for the intervention of the senate of the school, he would have graduated less than half of more than 80 students. A very vindictive man who hates the idea that many students wanted to go away with 2.1

Once again, may the soul of Zubair rest in peace. If that man has been elsewhere, who knows he might have made it through... I wouldn't know what happen to him though, but from experience as a post-graduate student later in the same system, I know frustration abounds to kill the faint-hearted...
u don talk am finish this is why African society is backward...no one care about hard work any more dats yy dis days kids care less about education or going to school...when with a laptop and sm juju u can ride jeep...u go to d western world.. having a summa cum laude or ist class is a normal thing but here it's a miracle.... Nigeria has killed him...any one who knows chinwenzu and how he wrote the west and rest of us should find out how he got his PhD abroad...wat chiwenzu did dee wouldn't have been possible in Nigeria...may zubair rest in peace

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2019
Basher8583:

If you know Mr Zubair very well like i do you will know that the man did not commit suicide. He was my project supervisor back when I was a student of his department.
Very strict man. The kind you wont want to catch you cheating in the exam hall (your own don finish be dat). No abeg Im sorry. He's straight to the books. He reminds me of Buhari alot. I sincerely felt sorry for myself when I found out he was to be my project supervisor. But after a close work relatiinship with him I latter found out who he realy was.
A very perfect gentle man though rather straight jacketed.
Very honest. He used to say: "if you work hard and do everything we learn here and more I will give you the maximum marks you require" and he was true to his words
He was too humble. Lived a simple life. Was not materialistic. Had no time for women, girls or booty.
Did not collect any gratification from anybody at all. Couldnt be bought over.
Finally he's a man that will never compromise or play politics so Im not suprised he has not too progresed in that department.
Nigerian factor demands you kiss ass to rise to the top. Its sad.
So if he resigned im sure it could be for want of not compromising at all and maintaining his stand which I know him for.
But for sucide. Nah! he is not an unstable man to think of such.
RIP my favourite lecturer.
Went to UI some time back to see him and appreciate him with financial gift but as usual he would refuse it. The man never changed. Very consistent fellow.
He will be missed. Adieu
his type are very rare...people like him survive well in the other side of d world not here...
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Basher8583: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
his type are very rare...people like him survive well in the other side of d world not here...
Very true bro. However with regards to the other side of the world, I know a Dr that comited suicide because of a failed project that totally embarrased him and his entire research work. They can be real crazy at the other side too.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by BiafraIsFree: 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
Basher8583:

Will you shut up and stop saying what you dont know.
Instead of you focusing on how to pass SSCE you are here talking trash. Illiterate
Show me your educational credentials if you are that educated.

Mumu educated.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Basher8583: 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
BiafraIsFree:

Show me your educational credentials if you are that educated.

Mumu educated.

Olodo. The man you are raising false accusations against happened to have been my project supervisor back when I was a student of the University. I know him very well so please dont you dear talk nonsense about him again.

Like i said go and get something do about your illiteracy or fvck off.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by DimFemmy(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
so he himself was a sadist too...51 for mathematics na so una dull reach

Na your family dull.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by guinea1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hamilton1:
Afonjas breaking Records back to back
Koko...the man is an hausa man and not Yoruba.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
DimFemmy:

Na your family dull.
u are very stupid if u can't discern a statement can't u ask...which bad I do to ask hw highest in a class of a subject which on normal scale pple shd get from 70 for those who work hard....in fact u are mad for dis reply wat nonsense
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by guinea1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
kalu61:
PhD for 18 years no promotion to Prof. I don't believe this report after resigning
It is more than 18yrs bro...i guess he started teaching after his master's degree programme in 1996/1997...the rumour then is that he step on toes but i dnt really know what makes him to be stagnant and their is another person in that same department with the same issue...Mr Jokotola. All is well
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2019
Basher8583:

Very true bro. However with regards to the other side of the world, I know a Dr that comited suicide because of a failed project that totally embarrased him and his entire research work. They can be real crazy at the other side too.
to that's what humanity can bring... the Society have a way of making us failure with certain parameters...in things fall apart unoka was seen as a failure cos he couldn't farm like his peers but with his flute to entertain pple I doubt if he would be a failure in dis present Age.... more so do we even care for each other again in dis Time...families are now strangers to themselves pple carry large burden alone and no one cares

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by BiafraIsFree: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
See a Nigerian university graduate, can't spell "dare". You are really fake Nigeria jihadists product.
You read my comment can't comprehend.

I said serve Nigeria the zoo and die by fire and get denied by Nigeria system" the Nigeria university director of communication said the deceased was in mathematics department, "he was a lecturer but had resigned and was no more in the service of the university of Ibadan".

You that went to schools can't comprehends anything. Mr don't DEAR me again grin

Basher8583:

Olodo. The man you are raising false accusations against happened to have been my project supervisor back when I was a student of the University. I know him very well so please dont you dear talk nonsense about him again.

Like i said go and get something do about your illiteracy or fvck off.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by BiafraIsFree: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
to that's what humanity can bring... the Society have a way of making us failure with certain parameters...in things fall apart unoka was seen as a failure cos he couldn't farm like his peers but with his flute to entertain pple I doubt if he would be a failure in dis present Age.... more so do we even care for each other again in dis Time...families are now strangers to themselves pple carry large burden alone and no one cares

Oh true lamentation bruv. When Nigeria system massacred unarmed IPOB family members, Nigerians rejoice start blaming indigenous people of Biafra for crying for their freedom.

There are many ways to die in Nigeria evil system.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Basher8583: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
BiafraIsFree:
See a Nigerian university graduate, can't spell "dare". You are really fake Nigeria jihadists product.
You read my comment can't comprehend.

I said serve Nigeria the zoo and die by fire and get denied by Nigeria system" the Nigeria university director of communication said the deceased was in mathematics department, "he was a lecturer but had resigned and was no more in the service of the university of Ibadan".

You that went to schools can't comprehends anything. Mr don't DEAR me again grin

You hvent communicated.. the rhetoric is clear. Dont talk about what you dont know.
Its obvious you did not go to school for you to struggle looking for grammatical error in an informal forum.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
RIP. Download another brand new song from Xpol. http://www.naijapals.com/music/Basabasa_Rough_Rough__Xpol-92755
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by DimFemmy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
u are very stupid if u can't discern a statement can't u ask...which bad I do to ask hw highest in a class of a subject which on normal scale pple shd get from 70 for those who work hard....in fact u are mad for dis reply wat nonsense

You and ur entire family are very mad for all dis rubbish u just alter from ur stinky mouth... What stupid statement? Can't u think b4 typing.. Scallywag.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
DimFemmy:

You and ur entire family are very mad for all dis rubbish u just alter from ur stinky mouth... What stupid statement? Can't u think b4 typing.. Scallywag.
idiot of d century ur generation must regretting how u came thru them...pathetic bitter soul...look for to vent ur stupidity on not me animal
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by DimFemmy(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
idiot of d century ur generation must regretting how u came thru them...pathetic bitter soul...look for to vent ur stupidity on not me animal

I can now conclude you are myopic in thinking and a troll.. Fool at its peak.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Clazzone(m): 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Brunel:
now this is becoming fishy.......are you sure the man didn't kill himself out of frustration from UI politics?
He's been a lecturer II and his juniors have gone far ahead of him in the following years.
Even if Dr. Jeje is also passing/passed through such persecution I believe he came out stronger.
Light and love to the family of this algebra guru.
That Mathematics department should be checked by University Of Ibadan management board, everything about them is so awkward, I remember my 100 level experience with their maths 101. So many questions to be asked from the management of that department.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Clazzone(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
guinea1:
It is more than 18yrs bro...i guess he started teaching after his master's degree programme in 1996/1997...the rumour then is that he step on toes but i dnt really know what makes him to be stagnant and their is another person in that same department with the same issue...Mr Jokotola. All is well
So Mr Jokotola is also having similar issue. He taught me MAT 101 since 2005. May God save them.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by mathefaro(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Clazzone:

So Mr Jokotola is also having similar issue. He taught me MAT 101 since 2005. May God save them.
Unfortunately, Mr Jokotola also left the department about 2 years ago without getting his Ph.D
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by 1stola: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
[s]
Richdad50:
shocked

He committed SUICIDE. PERIOD!

When you find Jesus, there is no level of depression that can make you commit suicide.

Richdad
[/s]
Rubbish
And last month, a Pastor committed suicide
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by JustCryptos: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
Brunel:
now this is becoming fishy.......are you sure the man didn't kill himself out of frustration from UI politics?
He's been a lecturer II and his juniors have gone far ahead of him in the following years.
Even if Dr. Jeje is also passing/passed through such persecution I believe he came out stronger.
Light and love to the family of this algebra guru.

So you sabi Jeje
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by toxicbrain: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2019
this man was very good... one of the Best in the department then. he handled mathematical analysis and has been a lecturer for almost 20years yet UI refused to give him a doctorate degree which forced him to resign after seeing those he supervised in their msc become professors elsewhere.

I won't be surprised if he actually killed himself. such can be frustrating.
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by BiafraIsFree: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Basher8583:

You hvent communicated.. the rhetoric is clear. Dont talk about what you dont know.
Its obvious you did not go to school for you to struggle looking for grammatical error in an informal forum.

You can yaps all you care, you aren't educated yet, stop deceiving yourself.

Let Biafrans go since in your mind that Biafrans are illiterate. Let us go so that you won't have so called illiterate in useless Nigeria.

Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by kalu61(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
guinea1:
nawao, l know something is wrong somewhere
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by kalu61(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
Basher8583:

If you know Mr Zubair very well like i do you will know that the man did not commit suicide. He was my project supervisor back when I was a student of his department.
Very strict man. The kind you wont want to catch you cheating in the exam hall (your own don finish be dat). No abeg Im sorry. He's straight to the books. He reminds me of Buhari alot. I sincerely felt sorry for myself when I found out he was to be my project supervisor. But after a close work relatiinship with him I latter found out who he realy was.
A very perfect gentle man though rather straight jacketed.
Very honest. He used to say: "if you work hard and do everything we learn here and more I will give you the maximum marks you require" and he was true to his words
He was too humble. Lived a simple life. Was not materialistic. Had no time for women, girls or booty.
Did not collect any gratification from anybody at all. Couldnt be bought over.
Finally he's a man that will never compromise or play politics so Im not suprised he has not too progresed in that department.
Nigerian factor demands you kiss ass to rise to the top. Its sad.
So if he resigned im sure it could be for want of not compromising at all and maintaining his stand which I know him for.
But for sucide. Nah! he is not an unstable man to think of such.
RIP my favourite lecturer.
Went to UI some time back to see him and appreciate him with financial gift but as usual he would refuse it. The man never changed. Very consistent fellow.
He will be missed. Adieu
Quite pathetic, bad things happen to good men bro especially when you keep a high moral standard
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
You think it is easy to take your own life?
Do you know the amount of Will, determination and bravery it takes?
Take your own life if it is so easy.
You called him a coward, but you are indeed the real coward.

Am a coward for still being in existence... You are sick my brother
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Basher8583: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
BiafraIsFree:

You can yaps all you care, you aren't educated yet, stop deceiving yourself.

Let Biafrans go since in your mind that Biafrans are illiterate. Let us go so that you won't have so called illiterate in useless Nigeria.
Oh I see were your madness originates from.
Well I cannot cure your madness. I will however advice you to take a trip to Abuja. Ask for the directions to Aso villa. When you get there, ask for president Buhari. Shout your request at the top of your voice and add a few insults you guys are really good at.
Im sure you will get results either positive or negative result na result.
Nairaland cannot help you on this since it could not help Atiku win with all the likes and shares
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by Newbielearner(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hamilton1:
Afonjas breaking Records back to back

When would people like you have any iota of sense?

Does his name sound or look like that of a Yoruba man?

Where or when did you people start using thEse connotations to refer to certain tribes?

Can you just which him RIP or make a sensible comment?

I really feel sorry for parents of people who come here referring to tribes. They've children with temporary visions. People who don't see the beauty in diversity.

Shame on that your mind!
Re: University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death by BiafraIsFree: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
Basher8583:

Oh I see were your madness originates from.
Well I cannot cure your madness. I will however advice you to take a trip to Abuja. Ask for the directions to Aso villa. When you get there, ask for president Buhari. Shout your request at the top of your voice and add a few insults you guys are really good at.
Im sure you will get results either positive or negative result na result.
Nairaland cannot help you on this since it could not help Atiku win with all the likes and shares

I am not one of those sycophantic Atikulators Obituaries, I wonder where they now. I am a Biafran fighting for upcoming generations of Biafrans.

Your President fake buhari and his entire jihads are running away from IPOB in international court of law to jail our Lord Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB DOS.

Test your level of Nigerian education in your brain.

What is FREEDOM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / 20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Any Good Nursing School In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.