Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,911 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (24864 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / Obidients Begin Mass Production Of "Yes Daddy" T-shirts In Response To APC / No Tariff Increase, Buhari Ordered Mass Metering - NERC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Rexnegro(m): 12:16am On Apr 07, 2019
I hope so
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

You're service is free and completely sucks. The past half decade people are complaining about not getting their free meter. The other fact is government and companies dont give anything for free. You either pay on front or back end through taxes or fees they spread out.

I'll leave it to you to decide how do you wish to pay for these items.
Lol, you have a Point there, Sire. In Warri they'll say 'At least half bread is better than full chinchin.'

The project is laudable if well implemented and combined with other urgently needed reforms in the power sector.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by socialmediaman: 12:32am On Apr 07, 2019
Chizuru01:
Buhari should employ his military spirit and enforce this. Many nigerians will be happy for it.

At least, If i recharge and Criminal Emeka Offor's EEDC Refuses to give me light, It is totally their business than now i hardly see light and yet i Pay between 4000-5000 monthly

lalasticlala

Don’t forget there’s a monthly fee for the meter whether you have electricity or not. If for instance your monthly fee is N500 and your meter runs out 4 months later depending on how you use or how often you get the electricity, when you go to recharge your meter, N2,000 will be deducted automatically from your payment. So if you pay N2,500 you’re only credited N500. You must pay the N2,000 before you recharge. Hope that makes sense... that is, unless the monthly fee has been waived!

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Emmerlee(m): 1:59am On Apr 07, 2019
nyben231101:

Bro no be small thing, eedc has finished me.

I spend over 16k a month. Just 3 ACs' in my flat.

Bro I'll be so glad to pay that for 3 ACs.. before I got a prepaid meter I was dolling out an average of 40k to PHCN every month on estimated bills.. there were flats in my street paying over 60k monthly on estimated bills.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by kclem(m): 2:02am On Apr 07, 2019
morikee:
We don't want any Prepaid meter. I have my reasons
olee estimated bill to dunmo.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by israelmao(m): 3:09am On Apr 07, 2019
Metering has been announced over and over again.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by banio: 3:46am On Apr 07, 2019
I am hopeful. If this is done, then 24 hours power is very close.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by galadima77(m): 5:24am On Apr 07, 2019
morikee:

Trust me when I tell you it's the best....no more harassment

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by 2shure: 5:25am On Apr 07, 2019
Bypass things
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by buhariguy(m): 6:06am On Apr 07, 2019
Chizuru01:
Buhari should employ his military spirit and enforce this. Many nigerians will be happy for it.

At least, If i recharge and Criminal Emeka Offor's EEDC Refuses to give me light, It is totally their business than now i hardly see light and yet i Pay between 4000-5000 monthly

lalasticlala
i thought they said EEDC is doing well, because most of the idiotic pigs that came back from Xmas said atleast 20hrs,
but here in benin , it is 6yrs, the highest is 12yrs,
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Ikpongiton: 6:08am On Apr 07, 2019
these people are used to stealing.what they earn legitimately can never be enough for these thieves.whether prepaid or postpaid,the story will still remain the same
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by buhariguy(m): 6:11am On Apr 07, 2019
socialmediaman:

Don’t forget there’s a monthly fee for the meter whether you have electricity or not. If for instance your monthly fee is N500 and your meter runs out 4 months later depending on how you use or how often you get the electricity, when you go to recharge your meter, N2,000 will be deducted automatically from your payment. So if you pay N2,500 you’re only credited N500. You must pay the N2,000 before you recharge. Hope that makes sense... that is, unless the monthly fee has been waived!
that was before,
although i don't know of other discos, bedc has stop such charges for the past 3yrs. maybe since they stop the illegal charges, we hardly see light since then.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:13am On Apr 07, 2019
Easier said than done
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by backnbeta(f): 6:14am On Apr 07, 2019
This one they are rushing, i bet NEPA will give out speeding meters grin
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Mccullum: 6:40am On Apr 07, 2019
morikee:

What are your reasons please?
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 07, 2019
igbodefender:

Problem with solar currently is that its too expensive for the average Nigerian. You people need to make it more affordable and you will sell even more.
If you are steady income earner or a business person, you can have a standalone or hybrid system at your convenience.
State your need, I will give you a quote, lets look at basics, Inverter, battery, solar panels, solar charger, fuses, mcb, cable. These equipment are not vegetables. You can buy one or two items at a time. Define your needs.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by murmee: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2019
I have always said it that NERC is not on the side of Electricity consumers. NERC is very corrupt and benefitting seriously from Estimated Bills. Mark my words, the MAP thing will not commence because NERC will make sure that the DISCOS and MAP do not enjoy good working relationship!
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by kennys: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2019
Let's have the meter first to save us from the embarrassment from the disconnection guys that comes around when you are not at home. We all understand that with the prepaid meter ,govt will still have there ways of frustrating us,remember this is not America,this is Nigeria the giant of shithole of Africa.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Igahbarr: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2019
They are rushing because estimated billing is to be criminalised. A bill to that effect has passed second reading at the house of representative.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2019
iammo:
Many people would receive sense by force with prepaid meters, cry water pumps, AC, blender,microwave might make you wish estimated billing was forever. Unless your electrician helps you bypass some electronics

You can't cheat them like that woh, they have bigger meters for each specific areas, once the amount of units consumed in that particular area does not tally with revenue generated, they will either force it on estimated billing or totally reduce the amount of electricity being provided to that Area.

So you are just cheating ur neighbors not d electric company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2019
socialmediaman:

That has being removed a looooong time ago, you only pay for ur units
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by iammo(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2019
Jiang:

You can't cheat them like that woh, they have bigger meters for each specific areas, once the amount of units consumed in that particular area those tally with revenue generated, they will either forced it on estimated billing or totally reduce the amount of electricity being provided to that Area.

You're right, as they also buy electricity from gencos and have to make money anywhich way
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Preator: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2019
buhariguy:
that was before,
although i don't know of other discos, bedc has stop such charges for the past 3yrs. maybe since they stop the illegal charges, we hardly see light since then.
That is Fixed charges which has been stopped across all discos. The new meter scheme will introduce monthly meter charges which will run for a few years while you liquidate the cost of the meter plus interest. However, you have the option of paying upfront. In that scenario you only pay for the meter(with a profit element built in) and no finance charge.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 07, 2019
indigene:

If you are steady income earner or a business person, you can have a standalone or hybrid system at your convenience.
State your need, I will give you a quote, lets look at basics, Inverter, battery, solar panels, solar charger, fuses, mcb, cable. These equipment are not vegetables. You can buy one or two items at a time. Define your needs.

It is not about my needs but about the needs of the masses and the needs of your industry. It will surprise you to know that I am one of the promoters of your industry with access to as much solar power as I may want.

You guys are trying, but for the solar industry in Nigeria to leave its current infant state and really thrive (bumper harvest ×2) you guys need to shift focus from the middle class and segment aggressively to the lower class. Do what Cowbell and Glo did.

Anyway, this is a discuss discussion for industry leaders. Feel free to publicize the different brands you have. The middle class are here.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Preator: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2019
Igahbarr:
They are rushing because estimated billing is to be criminalised. A bill to that effect has passed second reading at the house of representative.
Lols, the bill won't see the light of the day. They'll simply disconnect anyone not metered and tell dem to wait till meter is available.
Plus why criminalize estimated billing and not energy theft/meter tampering& bypass
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by adekolaelect(m): 8:09am On Apr 07, 2019
delerx:
The government will definitely have its own way to steal from us. Anyways check my signature for your chocolate for men
you too have your way of steal from us by introducing men's chocolate to us.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by eyeforeye(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=morikee post=77327028]We don't want any Prepaid meter. I have my reasons[/quote
It is obvious that even the citizens don't want a better Nigeria as long as they benefits from the corrupt proceedings.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2019
morikee:
What are they?
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2019
socialmediaman:

Is that how they do in other countries?
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 07, 2019
buhariguy:
i thought they said EEDC is doing well, because most of the idiotic pigs that came back from Xmas said atleast 20hrs,
but here in benin , it is 6yrs, the highest is 12yrs,
Depending on your area in Benin some places get 18 to 24 hrs
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by alizma: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2019
oluwasegun007:
That great news...

But the bad news is that those of us enjoying prepared may start paying N10,000 for monthly subscription instead N5000 for 3 months we are currently enjoying..
SCAM everywhere....
that will not happen.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by CodeTemplar: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2019
Jiang:

You can't cheat them like that woh, they have bigger meters for each specific areas, once the amount of units consumed in that particular area does not tally with revenue generated, they will either force it on estimated billing or totally reduce the amount of electricity being provided to that Area.

If true then that's cool.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Julius Berger Hands Over Second Niger Bridge To FG / Lagos APC Former Executive, Ramota Bankole Dies In Mecca, Party Mourns / Buhari, Tambuwal, APC Governors Move To Quell Tinubu, Oyegun’s Rift - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.