Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (24860 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / Obidients Begin Mass Production Of "Yes Daddy" T-shirts In Response To APC / No Tariff Increase, Buhari Ordered Mass Metering - NERC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by happen2: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2019
Emmerlee:

Bro I'll be so glad to pay that for 3 ACs.. before I got a prepaid meter I was dolling out an average of 40k to PHCN every month on estimated bills.. there were flats in my street paying over 60k monthly on estimated bills.

God bless you, I was given 70k a month on estimated bill from the beginning of this year. We have written them to disconnect our light until we get prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by buhariguy(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2019
asuustrike1:

Depending on your area in Benin some places get 18 to 24 hrs
from GRA to Kingsquare and lagos street to oliha is 12yrs, from ekewman road to evbutubu is 6yrs.
all these places are my zone.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by brandmix: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2019
oluwasegun007:
That great news...

But the bad news is that those of us enjoying prepared may start paying N10,000 for monthly subscription instead N5000 for 3 months we are currently enjoying..
SCAM everywhere....

Ok...i am buying 40k to last me from now till God knows when cheesy.

I know a guy that pays his bills once in a year....at January. That sh*it gives peace of mind menh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by CodeTemplar: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2019
socialmediaman:

Don’t forget there’s a monthly fee for the meter whether you have electricity or not. If for instance your monthly fee is N500 and your meter runs out 4 months later depending on how you use or how often you get the electricity, when you go to recharge your meter, N2,000 will be deducted automatically from your payment. So if you pay N2,500 you’re only credited N500. You must pay the N2,000 before you recharge. Hope that makes sense... that is, unless the monthly fee has been waived!
I thought Fashola waived the monthly service fee in 2016 when he was just taking charge of the ministry.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by oluwasegun007(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2019
brandmix:

Ok...i am buying 40k to last me from now till God knows when cheesy.

I know a guy that pays his bills once in a year....at January. That sh*it gives peace of mind menh

Correct guy..
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2019
What a game!
Before electricity came, people were happy.
When electricity came, people were excited.
Before we know it, it becomes a necessity.
Gradually, it turns into a needed burden.
Now, we are being exploited because it is difficult to back out... and the service is not satisfying....

What a trap!
People use private generators to ease the disappointment;
Fueling it with hard earned money to power TV with premium channels that always live him wanting more.
Charge phones with purchased data to read and stream other people's problems....

What a pity!
Now, that they know we can't do without it,
They quickly turned it into a channel to exploit.
Some people have developed high BP on top crazy billing.
I heard a pensioner somewhere collapsed due to mounting bills.

What to do?
I have no f*cking idea.
But I have started cutting my attachment to stuffs that keeps me working like clock just for sensory pleasure and enjoyment and momentary happiness.
Life should be fun not war.

I personally wrote them to come and disconnect me and if possible remove their pole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by showafrica(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2019
nyben231101:

Bro no be small thing, eedc has finished me.

I spend over 16k a month. Just 3 ACs' in my flat.

Still cheaper than Gen if the light was stable
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by nicelaw(m): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2019
iammo:
Many people would receive sense by force with prepaid meters, cry water pumps, AC, blender,microwave might make you wish estimated billing was forever. Unless your electrician helps you bypass some electronics
Oga stop opening our yansh abeg.. You want this people now to start tracing every dem wire abi
iammo:
Many people would receive sense by force with prepaid meters, cry water pumps, AC, blender,microwave might make you wish estimated billing was forever. Unless your electrician helps you bypass some electronics
Oga stop opening our yansh abeg.. You want this people now to start tracing every dem wire abi
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Adedapo57: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2019
I don't want I have my generator which is 200% reliable I can't come and be paying for Wat I did not eat
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by iammo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
nicelaw:

No vex bros I go commot the cheatcode for open...... lol

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
Chizuru01:
Buhari should employ his military spirit and enforce this. Many nigerians will be happy for it.

At least, If i recharge and Criminal Emeka Offor's EEDC Refuses to give me light, It is totally their business than now i hardly see light and yet i Pay between 4000-5000 monthly

lalasticlala

Buhari is brain dead
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by BrokenCock: 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Nigeria has the biggest solar energy plant in Africa. I hope we start reasoning alternative energy
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by LKO(m): 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
socialmediaman:

Don’t forget there’s a monthly fee for the meter whether you have electricity or not. If for instance your monthly fee is N500 and your meter runs out 4 months later depending on how you use or how often you get the electricity, when you go to recharge your meter, N2,000 will be deducted automatically from your payment. So if you pay N2,500 you’re only credited N500. You must pay the N2,000 before you recharge. Hope that makes sense... that is, unless the monthly fee has been waived!

The Buhari govt has stopped service charge since 2016. I appreciate Fashola for driving the stoppage of service charge, it is fraudulent.

I have being using pre paid metre since 2012, it is the best. No useless bills from BEDC at the end of the month, I recharge 5000 naira every month and it serves my compound very well. I recall with pain how I usually pay between 11k to 15k every month when I was using the analog metre. BEDC won't read the metre and they would bring cut throat bill every month when there is hardly light. Pre paid metre is the best.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by ewaalo(m): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
If its true I will love that , but they should bring it in Badagry too because I have never see place where by Nepa they do anyhow like Badagry Nepa
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Leon2dgh: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
buhariguy:
from GRA to Kingsquare and lagos street to oliha is 12yrs, from ekewman road to evbutubu is 6yrs.
all these places are my zone.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Leon2dgh: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=Leon2dgh post=77342695][/quote]even uwelu is no longer 6 hours. 2pm to 4pm and then 3am to 6 am, they not even bring it the exact time . we are really tired of these people. I hope the pre paid meter things work
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by Igahbarr: 10:02am On Apr 08, 2019
Oga, I know you are a staff of NEPA or you are benefiting from the dubious estimated billing from the way you sound. People like you would not want the bill to see the light of the day so you keep on stealing from the public. By the special grace of God, the bill will not only see the light of the day but people like you will be jailed for defrauding the public. For your information, energy stealing is already a crime in our criminal legislations such as penal code and criminal code. It is also known as electricity theft/stealing. And if any DISCO disconnects consumer under the guise of not able to metered such consumer will have the license revoked.
Re: NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 by delerx(m): 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
Baba that na hustle ooo not stealing
adekolaelect:
you too have your way of steal from us by introducing men's chocolate to us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Controversy Over Armoured Vehicles Seized In Adamawa / February 25 Elections Was Not Perfect - APC National Chairman Admits / Lagos APC Former Executive, Ramota Bankole Dies In Mecca, Party Mourns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.