Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye (478 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecies For 2018 / Drawing Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye By A Nairalander / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by odurombi: 6:28am On Apr 07, 2019
Imagine the moment a very brilliant student found out that he failed because he lacked table etiquette. The student didn't fail what can be regarded as the 'main exam' but failed a critical, decisive, examination at a dinner party. What he didn't learn or ignored to learn ruined his chances of travelling abroad. That describes Pastor E. A. Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) many years ago. Read his account.

"Two incidents of note happened in my life when I was much younger. The first incident was in 1964 when I was at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At the time, the university had an exchange programme with Michigan State University, USA to send brilliant students from Nigeria to the USA during the summer to know more about America. We all looked forward to qualifying. But then, we had to do some tests before we would be selected. I qualified as an A-student. We did all kinds of examinations and we passed. Unknown to us, there was a final examination, which was a dinner party. The table was set and they gave us a bowl of soup and a roll of bread each. I grabbed the bread and dipped it in the bowl of soup and started eating. There was a man who was taking note, unknown to us. He waited until my mouth was filled before he asked me what I would do when I get to America. Because my mouth was full, I could not answer properly, and he took note. After the meal, it was tea time. Because the tea was served hot, I began to take it with the spoon provided. At the end of the party, I failed, but I couldn't understand why I failed. Later I got to know more about table etiquette. I failed because I didn't know how to pass."

The lesson learnt is very vital. The little things one ignore can be a stumbling block between one and the success ahead. Of course, some would scorn the narrative. Suffice to say that, the revered Pastor E. A. Adeboye did not get another opportunity to travel to the US until another 40 years, according to him.

When I heard this account of his, I decided to surf the internet for a guide on eating/dining etiquette. And for the first time, I found out the following:

One, the way utensils are positioned sends a signal to the waiter/waitress.

In the same vein, there are different glasses for different purposes. There is one for red wine; another for champagne, etc.

Outlined below are some basic table etiquette.

Before the Meal

1. Place your napkin on your lap.

2. Keep personal items (including smart phones) off the table.

During the Meal

3. Wait until all guests are served and the host begins eating before you begin eating.

4. Understand the table setting -- use the 'outside-in' rule.

5. Hold your utensils in the Continental style.

6. Chew with your mouth closed.

7. Always pass the salt and the pepper together.

8. If an item is not being passed to a specific person, pass food from left to right.

After the Meal

9. After the meal, position your silverware to signal the server that you are done.

10. Fold your used napkin and place it to the left of your plate.

Source: www.etiquettescholar.com

I also found a beautiful piece, outlining the required etiquette at the table. You can head over to�

http://projectbritain.com/behaviourfood.html

http://olabanjititles..com/2019/04/i-failed-critical-examination-pastor-e.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by opparadise: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2019
People have been failing, that's imperfection. Yours is not different or a special type of failure. You are imperfect too.

Secondly, you speak'bout eating etiquettes yet you fail to realize some Nigerians don't even see meals requiring a spoon to eat (let alone a fork) and many do not have food.

You are a billionaire pastor with different fleet of cars, houses, and airplanes. You (pastors) establish higher institutions and still raise its fee that even your church members cannot afford.

Believe me, you are a money type of pastor. You are a business pastor. You are a religious MMM.

2 Likes

Re: I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Ololanla: 6:42am On Apr 07, 2019
D
Re: I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by AntiWailer: 6:48am On Apr 07, 2019
opparadise:
People have been failing, that's imperfection. Yours is not different or a special type of failure. You are imperfect too.

Secondly, you speak'bout eating etiquettes yet you fail to realize some Nigerians don't even see meals requiring a spoon to eat (let alone a fork) and many do not have food.

You are a billionaire pastor with different fleet of cars, houses, and airplanes. You (pastors) establish higher institutions and still raise its fee that even your church members cannot afford.

Believe me, you are a money type of pastor. You are a business pastor. You are a religious MMM.

As usual, our future Prasident did not finish reading the brief before ordering a strike.

Go and read again and come and modify the rubbish typed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Himmler: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2019
Daddy GO
Re: I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by olaric(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2019
All these long rules just to eat?
Re: I Failed A Critical Examination - Pastor E. A. Adeboye by 2special(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2019
You guys never see anything.... go read your Bible.... Isaac was so blessed that he was lending money to nations.... l wonder what people will say if RCCG or Pastor Adeboye lend to nations.... Whom God bless, your jealous, hatred or noise amount to nothing.... the more you make noise.... the more God bless them.

(1) (Reply)

Orogun Festival 2019 Live Updates / "THE BACK TO GOD PROJECT" A Book By JEG: Chapter 1. The Back To God Project / NAGUALISM: The Assemblage Point And Human Consciousness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.