Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims (4331 Views)

These Deadly Spiders Can Kill You In 30mins! (photos) / Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister / See The Kind Of Webs Spiders Make When High On Marijuana, Caffeine And LSD Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by DanielBryte: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
You shouldn’t kill spiders when you find them in your home, expert claims

If you find an enormous spider in your house, it can be difficult to damp down the panic response which tells you, ‘Kill it! Kill it!’

But it’s actually a bad idea, at least according to one expert

Spiders will hide away if they think you can see them – so you won’t be ‘getting rid’ of the spiders in your house, as there are probably more.

Spider expert Matt Bertone of North Carolina State University says that the creatures can also perform a vital function by getting rid of insects.

Bertone said in an essay for The Conversation, ‘It’s OK to have spiders in your home. In fact, it’s normal. And frankly, even if you don’t see them, they’ll still be there.

Bertone says, ‘Although they are generalist predators, apt to eat anything they can catch, spiders regularly capture nuisance pests and even disease-carrying insects – for example, mosquitoes. So killing a spider doesn’t just cost the arachnid its life, it may take an important predator out of your home.’

Bertone suggests that if you’re bothered, you should take the spider outside, where it will happily scuttle off to find a new home.
More News: www.thesmartcitizens.
Source:
www.thesmartcitizens.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by olayinks007(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
Is ok
Ni ki eyan ma fi Ori gbe Owu Alantakun.
Ese ooo Mr Researcher undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by GOFRONT(m): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2019
9 out of every 10 Nigerians hate cats everywhere you go....sometimes 10 out of 10 hates cat....

With these facts, I can now say that 10 out of 10 Nigerians are either witches or wizards excluding me and other few cat lovers out there...

I dnt even know why God create me as a Nigerian sef....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
If you like if you see spider for your house no kill am follow the spiderman expert.... you go just turn another spiderman overnight cheesy

4 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Yuceeluv(f): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
#yinmu

I just killed one a few minutes ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by sobastical: 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Only if this man knows the connection between cobwebs and setback in Nigeria, he won't be talking like this.

13 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
GOFRONT:
9 out of every 10 Nigerians hate cats everywhere you go....sometimes 10 out of 10 hates cat....

With these facts, I can now say that 10 out 10 Nigerians are either witches or wizards excluding me and other few cat lovers out there...

If you say 10 out of 10 Nigerians are witches then you are not excluded

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2019
Spider spray is available now so no point wasting your energy hitting them

2 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Adedapo57: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
GOFRONT:

With these facts, I can now say that 10 out 10 Nigerians are either witches or wizards excluding me and other few cat lovers out there...

My brother from another mother
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
GOFRONT:

And they wonder why they have so many rats around
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by femi4: 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
sobastical:
Only if this man knows the connection between cobwebs and setback in Nigeria, he won't be talking like this.
Superstition
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
You never go mfm before op.

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Xbursta(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
Op,
I see, i kill
come sue me 2 court

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Uyi168: 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Are these not the same experts that told us to stop eating eba,fufu,bread and Co.. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by wiseone28: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2019
How do we get rid of the cob web, when it's everywhere

2 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by CAPSLOCKED: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
YOU CAN TELL THIS TO THE SUPERSTITIOUS AND RELIGIOUS MONKEYS THAT I ALWAYS TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW GECKOS, SPIDERS AND SPIDER WEBS ARE INCAPABLE OF CAUSING BAD DREAMS, OR CHANGING A PERSON'S DESTINY... WITH ALL MY EFFORTS ENDING A WASTE AT LAST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by MJBOLT: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
he did not tell us what to do to poisonous spiders
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Bojack(m): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
growing up me and my big bro were lovers of insects, we kept as many as we can catc h excluding cockroaches but spiders and ants were the real deal
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Roon9(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
GOFRONT:

With these facts, I can now say that 10 out of 10 Nigerians are either witches or wizards excluding me and other few cat lovers out there...

Stop puffing bro... You have exceeded your limit for the day
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by fr3do(m): 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
here in my ppa, I have come across a kind of spider that has its young contained live in its body, as I squash the spider, up to 50 tiny spiders gush out from it.

its horrifying!
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Gannyradical(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
No talk am again, African spiders no de kill only insect: dem de kill dreams, prosperity, destiny and even better life. Oyinbo spiders are natural while African spiders are man made Jare.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Karleb(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
GOFRONT:

You can not love cats than I do.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by nicepoker101(m): 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
fr3do:
here in my ppa, I have come across a kind of spider that has its young contained live in its body, as I squash the spider, up to 50 tiny spiders gush out from it.

its horrifying!
you ended the life of an innocent nursing spider. A whole generation gone. You no try.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by smesi: 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
Oyinbo reasoning can never equates with that of Africa man but Nigeria in particular, using your head to pack cobwebs in Nigeria is extremely a setback and it can be tantamount to be stagnation. If the purpose of spiders in the house is to police ants, mosquitoes I will buy otapiapia mixed with sniper and kill them. It's just like these kind of mixture I will not sleep in that house for that day so that I don't suffocate.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by alphaNomega: 1:42am On Apr 08, 2019
I won't kill another spider again. Same reason why I don't kill geckos.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Kingkun69(m): 2:50am On Apr 08, 2019
kingemzy5:
If you like if you see spider for your house no kill am follow the spiderman expert.... you go just turn another spiderman overnight cheesy
��
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by careytommy37(m): 7:58am On Apr 08, 2019
Just killed one this morning.
Bite me! angry
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by abumeinben(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2019
Same tale I listened by a Grail Message man on radio some years back telling that we shouldn't kill rats
Why?

Because they literally clean our homes of dirts.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by chiroyale(f): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2019
I wouldn't mind killing them all if they were down enough for me to trample on.. But they're always up embarassed.. Have you met me? Am short Af.. cheesy
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Topmaike007(m): 8:05am On Apr 08, 2019
is it the same spider our village people use to attack someone they say we should not kill...

he be like say God wan punnish all this oyinbo
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Harry00(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2019
this is Nigeria
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by clive2u(m): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2019
naturally i dnt kill animals except roaches, rats, flies and almighty mosquitoes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You’re The Only Undergraduate In Your Village (photo) / Microbiology Project Topics And Materials / History Of Tecno, Infinix, Itel And Their Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.