Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) (46221 Views)

The Longest & Largest Drainage System In Akwa Ibom Nears Completion (Pictures) / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) / Udom Constructing Drainage On Atabong Road In Eket (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
bootstrap:
Why shld the govt clean it up.... is it the govt that littered the place... if people choose to live like animals, why shld the govt not aid them. #Nonsense&ingredients.

Personally, I hv stopped pitying anyone over self inflicted harm....
Why do states have ministry of environment?Don't they receives allocation for such purpose?Btw,lagos state creates LAWMA to clear wastes and lagosians pay wastes bill.You are part of the mess that politicians are causing.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Muscomide: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Just imagine? Even Kenya don dey overtake us cry cry

This comment of yours is the bane of a lot of myopic, ignorant Nigerians. Little do you know that infrastructurally, your big for nothing Nigeria is lagging behind a lot of smaller African countries. You need to travel and educate yourself, negro.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Treasure17(m): 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
Like Kenya like Nigeria.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by omoiyalayi(m): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
Nigeria will never develop until severe punishment is meted out to whoever embezzle money meant for development

Like some people have said sometimes money are awarded for this kind of project but get embezzled because nothing happened to someone else who embezzled that kind of money in the past

The worst anyone who embezzle money suffered is been taking to court and the case get dragged for many years without judgment

Check how people who embezzle government money are dealt with in kenya or any other develop countries and you will see the kind of development on ground in that country

Nigeria is just a joke because of the kind of leaders we have

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by fujirice: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
If you ask me, I’d say this is what traffic offenders should be given option to do and not always fine fine fine!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Adeyeancah(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2019
E no even diff from some parts in Nigeria sef undecided
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by OnyesomJ(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2019
Nigeria is Doom
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by anonimi: 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
allsaint2000:
Sometimes, you just wonder where all that huge IGR in Lagos is channeled to.

Into JagaBandit's pocket via bullion vans for bribing voters.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2761086_thief_jpegfa5a8983f640aa30ef083e7a4f98b900

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by anonimi: 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I see no much difference btwn Some parts of Nigeria and Kenyan cities in terms of cleanliness... From what I see this is just a temporal thing sooner or later they will block those drainages with dirt. Typical of African mentality.

Is there anything that you are doing to improve this typical African mentality

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by AnuliKay: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lagos can't relate.

This Twitter Thread On Jamaican Men In Relationships Is Sad & Funny

Last week, Kavaughn Williams asked a question on Twitter. It seemed harmless, but has led to a wildfire that hasn’t quenched till now. After reading through comments on Jamaican men in relationships, you’d be left unhappily laughing.

See more: https://kaynuli.com/this-twitter-thread-on-jamaican-men-in-relationships-is-sad-funny/

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Muscomide: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
arsenal33:
why don't you stop throwing your pure water sachet into the gutter?

As in ehnnnn..........
We are our own worst enemies with our litter habits. And sadly these ubiquitous plastics take a minimum twenty-five years or so to biodegrade.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by bootstrap(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
comshots:
Why do states have ministry of environment?Don't they receives allocation for such purpose?Btw,lagos state creates LAWMA to clear wastes and lagosians pay wastes bill.You are part of the mess that politicians are causing.

We have policemen and DSS and all, why exactly do u bother to lock your doors exactly? Any body that dumps refuse in the gutters and on the streets in good concise shld be let to die of flood and cholera

It’s people like you that feel the politicians are brought down from heaven and not part of the buck passing populace ... LAWMA comes to pick refuse from ur refuse dumps not frm the gutters. Nigerians deserve the life they get.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lagos is too overcrowded, they need to shift people further out, and link everything via rail..

Igbo need to develop Biafra and go back...
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
bootstrap:

We have policemen and DSS and all, why exactly do u bother to lock your doors exactly? Any body that dumps refuse in the gutters and on the streets in good concise shld be let to die of flood and cholera

It’s people like you that feel the politicians are brought down from heaven and not part of the buck passing populace ... LAWMA comes to pick refuse from ur refuse dumps not frm the gutters. Nigerians deserve the life they get.
Flood and breezes moves those wastes inside the gutter.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
anonimi:

Is there anything that you are doing to improve this typical African mentality

Oyeah,I don't drop dirt indiscriminately, and when ever I see some passengers throwing trash outta a taxi I try as much as I can to caution them,even though some are very rude.when ever I drink soda in a taxi,I feel so ashamed to drop d empty stuff till I get to a trashy place undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by olagbola45(m): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I see no much difference btwn Some parts of Nigeria and Kenyan cities in terms of cleanliness... From what I see this is just a temporal thing sooner or later they will block those drainages with dirt. Typical of African mentality.

Brilliant submission

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by PapaAdanna: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
That is a govt that have the interest of the people at heart not this one wey na to carry posters and billboards flood everywhere and after election... Next Level killings
Corruption
Lies and deceit
Incompetence
Foolery
But they are happy that zombies are behind them, no matter what
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Badonasty(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
The rainy season is just about kicking off.

Countries – especially those in the tropical region – that have witnessed severe cases of flooding due to heavy rainfall in recent years, are putting measures in place to avert such crisis from repeating itself.

For instance, in Kenya, the government is taking proactive steps to ensure that there are no flooding in city centers especially in big cities like Nairobi, Mombasa, etc.

There, the authorities are making concerted efforts to clear up blocked drainage systems. ahead of the rainy season.

Blocked drainage systems in cities can lead to flooding, a situation where water is diverted from the channels into roads, homes, etc.

Sadly, in Lagos state, a place prone to flooding, and also a place that is supremely notorious for blocked drainage systems, there has been absolutely nothing done to rid the drainage systems of refuse.

See photos of the clean-up exercise of drainage systems in cities in Kenya.

[img]

See below typical drainage systems in Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-what-the-kenyan-government-are-doing-ahead-of-the-rainy-season-photos/

naija is so bleeped up that streetlights are now decoration..
Dem no dey on them again
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by leathalbeast: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
Oma307:
I doubt if something like this can happen in Nigeria, even if they have pop in money to do it, some people will embezzle the fund
you dont always need the government to help u in every situation, with communal labour citizens themselves can clean their gutters and sanitize your environment. Show the government you are wiser and better
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by olajide8(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Countries – especially those in the tropical region – that have witnessed severe cases of flooding due to heavy rainfall in recent years, are putting measures in place to avert such crisis from repeating itself.

For instance, in Kenya, the government is taking proactive steps to ensure that there are no flooding in city centers especially in big cities like Nairobi, Mombasa, etc.

There, the authorities are making concerted efforts to clear up blocked drainage systems. ahead of the rainy season.

Blocked drainage systems in cities can lead to flooding, a situation where water is diverted from the channels into roads, homes, etc.

Sadly, in Lagos state, a place prone to flooding, and also a place that is supremely notorious for blocked drainage systems, there has been absolutely nothing done to rid the drainage systems of refuse.

[img]

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-what-the-kenyan-government-are-doing-ahead-of-the-rainy-season-photos/

We do you think people wanted ambode out? He has destroyed all the work put down by BAT- and fash, by now the drains would be evacuated during BAT and fash's time, but this one- is doing nothing wasting $70m and $50m upandan
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
So many cities are dirty like their counterpart in Nigeria?
When will These African countries grow?
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
Muscomide:

This comment of yours is the bane of a lot of myopic, ignorant Nigerians. Little do you know that infrastructurally, your big for nothing Nigeria is lagging behind a lot of smaller African countries. You need to travel and educate yourself, negro.

Seen! Thanks
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by bootstrap(m): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
comshots:
Flood and breezes moves those wastes inside the gutter.

Swear that it’s only flood and breeze that moves the waste into the gutter make I hear!!! ( please dnt oh, nah joke I dey joke) but u knw that to be false.... as much as our govt is irresponsible, we sef mostly dey irresponsible.... mediocrity and irresponsibility everywhere

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by tommy589(m): 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
We used to have the DRAIN DUCKS in Lagos then o in the previous dispensation.You find them clearing wastes and draining gutters of filth but now they have done away with their sevices
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by COMPAQ(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
allsaint2000:
Sometimes, you just wonder where all that huge IGR in Lagos is channeled to.

Meanwhile, the Car You Are Looking For to buy Might Be In This Car Collection. Click the link below to see:

https://www.nairaland.com/5121586/car-looking-might-car-collection

How about we the citizens also don't throw stuff there.

I have not thrown stuff on the floor in like 10 years.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by dederocs(m): 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
Tax payers money in action...for Naija na their pockets dem dey hide am.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Sagay212: 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
Oma307:
I doubt if something like this can happen in Nigeria, even if they have pop in money to do it, some people will embezzle the fund

Well fashola used to do this in lagos when he was governor. They will clear the canals and drainage ahead of rainy season. I remember they had to break some buildings just to clear the canals and people complained and he made them see reason why it was necessary to destroy the houses blocking canals.

But the fat pig olodo governor called ambode is not useful for anything.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by starstaz(m): 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

[img]

Source:

I now know why The thread that says Kenya was greater than Nigeria was created.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Stoner(m): 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thunder fire Buhari
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
Heffe:
I dont care if this country is way below us or if tony elumelu foundation annual donations is bigger dan kenyas's annual budget, abeg this country is trying, atleast the govt.is showing working
Imagine rain never start but they don start preventive measures for flood..wen will my beloved naija the giant of Africa be like this..
Imagine the killing in zamfara and the number of young soldiers dying still yet govt is doing nothing..
Worst still are the citizens who aremyopic and tribalistic dont wanna speak out..Nigeria is indeed taken 10 years back..
I remember how gej was insulted and called many unprintable names wen tins are going wrong, but now nobody is talking,fear fear no green us protest, yet some individuals still insist gmb is d best dat happend to naija...may God save the soul of our country

The FY 2018 budget for Kenya was $30 billion while Nigeria's was $27 billion.So what are you talking about?
Visit the Kenya Nigeria thread instead of talking about what you don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over / Terrible Accident In Kaduna, People Burnt Beyond Recognition(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.