Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,528 members, 7,958,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) (46368 Views)

The Underground Drainage Tunnel In Port-Harcourt Road, Aba (Pictures) / The Longest & Largest Drainage System In Akwa Ibom Nears Completion (Pictures) / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
olagbola45:

Brilliant submission

Merci
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by loomer: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
allsaint2000:
Sometimes, you just wonder where all that huge IGR in Lagos is channeled to.

Meanwhile, the Car You Are Looking For to buy Might Be In This Car Collection. Click the link below to see:

https://www.nairaland.com/5121586/car-looking-might-car-collection

An average Nigerian is as dirty and stupid as Bleep.
See how them litter gutters
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by jaycent(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2019
Una go just dey talk rubbish? Who dey dirty the city? Una go drink pure water or yogurt troway am for grand, instead of dustbin? You guys are the ones messing this country up and stop blaming the government for no reason.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by arsenal33: 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
comshots:
Is there any public waste bin?None.It takes eternity for lawma to come and carry wastes bags around the streets.When it rain's flood flushes them away,that is why you see them inside the gutter.
keep it in your bag until you see a proper bin. Filthy pig.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by olagbola45(m): 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

Merci

Merci borçu

Am I right?
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
arsenal33:
keep it in your bag until you see a proper bin. Fifthy six.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:14pm On Apr 08, 2019
olagbola45:

Merci borçu

Am I right?

Merci beaucoup cheesy
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Odekayodenr(m): 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
I Wish Nigeria government can also learn from them..
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by olagbola45(m): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

Merci beaucoup cheesy

Guess u should b my teacher o....biko..

Tank God ur standard is high

U can't collect money grin
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Oricha79(m): 3:21am On Apr 09, 2019
Black Africa are naturally dirty, except south Africa.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:33am On Apr 09, 2019
olagbola45:

Guess u should b my teacher o....biko..

Tank God ur standard is high

U can't collect money grin
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I see no much difference btwn Some parts of Nigeria and Kenyan cities in terms of cleanliness... From what I see this is just a temporal thing sooner or later they will block those drainages with dirt. Typical of African mentality.

Renee, at least they are clearing. Are we even clearing here in Nigeria? Government? No. Citizens? No.

Common sanitation, everyone in Lagos wants to travel early in the morning out of Lagos, heading to Ibadan for parties.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2019
dfrost:

Renee, at least they are clearing. Are we even clearing here in Nigeria? Government? No. Citizens? No.

Common sanitation, everyone in Lagos wants to travel early in the morning out of Lagos, heading to Ibadan for parties.

I agree with u.But the fact still remains that they don't do this as a weekly or monthly routine. its wen they smell doom,that's when they start packing.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

I agree with u.But the fact still remains that they don't do this as a weekly or monthly routine. its wen they smell doom,that's when they start packing.

I agree with you but you should also know that we as individuals can also do our bit. Pure water sachets, bottle water containers, soft drink containers. Just disgusting.

If I'm out, my trash comes home with me if I don't see a waste bin anywhere close.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by CioAngels(f): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
The rainy season is just about kicking off.

Countries – especially those in the tropical region – that have witnessed severe cases of flooding due to heavy rainfall in recent years, are putting measures in place to avert such crisis from repeating itself.

For instance, in Kenya, the government is taking proactive steps to ensure that there are no flooding in city centers especially in big cities like Nairobi, Mombasa, etc.

There, the authorities are making concerted efforts to clear up blocked drainage systems. ahead of the rainy season.

Blocked drainage systems in cities can lead to flooding, a situation where water is diverted from the channels into roads, homes, etc.

Sadly, in Lagos state, a place prone to flooding, and also a place that is supremely notorious for blocked drainage systems, there has been absolutely nothing done to rid the drainage systems of refuse.

See photos of the clean-up exercise of drainage systems in cities in Kenya.

[img]

See below typical drainage systems in Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-what-the-kenyan-government-are-doing-ahead-of-the-rainy-season-photos/

Nigerian government will not think of things like this, but to steal, big thieves.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Bifwoli: 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I see no much difference btwn Some parts of Nigeria and Kenyan cities in terms of cleanliness... From what I see this is just a temporal thing sooner or later they will block those drainages with dirt. Typical of African mentality.
That's like comparing stage 1 cancer to stage 4 cancer.

In the 1st country at least the drains are not even a 1/4 full yet they recognize their problem and are doing something about it.But in the 2nd batch of pics the drains are choke full to the brim and level with the roadway no zero effort to do anything about it.True the African mentality is rotten and maintenance culture is lacking ,but when it comes to 2 evils its always better to go with the lesser one.
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by popizaino(m): 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
Niccoloimhotep:
All African countries apart from SA are just the same shi.thole cry

Algeria too?
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Niccoloimhotep(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2019
popizaino:

Algeria too?
all
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by popizaino(m): 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
bootstrap:
Why shld the govt clean it up.... is it the govt that littered the place... if people choose to live like animals, why shld the govt not aid them. #Nonsense&ingredients.

[quote author=bootstrap post=77371164]
Personally, I hv stopped pitying anyone over self inflicted harm....
Re: Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) by popizaino(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
bootstrap:
Why shld the govt clean it up.... is it the govt that littered the place... if people choose to live like animals, why shld the govt not aid them. #Nonsense&ingredients.

Personally, I hv stopped pitying anyone over self inflicted harm....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Involved In An Accident As His Car Tumbles (photos) / Nigeria Students Live With Discrimination In India (photo) / 4 Truths Travel Agencies In Nigeria Won’t Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.