Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) (38940 Views)

Help: Using A 'dummy Ticket' In Place Of A Return Flight Ticket. / Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video) / Where To Book Train Ticket From Lagos To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by DaBillionnaire: 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
germanized:

You need reorientation. Some of you have adapted so well to ill treatment that you fight anyone who speaks up... Stockholm syndrome. sad

They are obviously understaffed. They need to open more channels for ticket sales to avoid long queues and also use ticket machines to enable people pay with their debit cards for ease...

You said my mind. you possess great intellect wink

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
DaBillionnaire:

You said my mind. you possess great intellect wink

Nice one bro. Thanks! wink

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by olamy7(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
babadeee:
Ask google lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
a no even get time
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by FemiMaduka(m): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
yemmight:
If you really know the history of railway in Nigeria for years you will appreciate this government. For Nigeria today railway is now working from Lagos to as far as Kano. This process might be slow but there is work in progress. Since our second coming of democracy, this is the only time rail-line has come back alive.

You just dropped a big lie! The railway (especially the Lagos-Kano corridor) was rescusitated under Goodluck Jonathan. The Lagos-to-Kano line was rehabilitated; locomotives and coaches were bought. It was during his time that the Abuja-to-Kaduna standard gauge line was also built and the bulk of the Abuja intracity system. I am not interested in propaganda, even Amaechi (the current minister of transportation) attested to this, indirectly, when he said he never knew that trains were still running...

Well, it is with much grieve that I tell you that the PHC-Aba service that ran two times a day (to and fro/ to and fro) and the PHC-Kano service that ran few times in a week have stopped. I spoke with an engineer-friend that works at the engineering department in PHC, and he confided that the locomotive that ran the PHC-Kano line has been reassigned to Lagos because the one in Lagos is broken; while the older locomotive that ran the PHC-Aba line is idling at the central workshop in Enugu (broken too).

You are free to think I made this up, but I know you are a shameless liar.
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
germanized:

You need reorientation. Some of you have adapted so well to ill treatment that you fight anyone who speaks up... Stockholm syndrome. sad

They are obviously understaffed. They need to open more channels for ticket sales to avoid long queues and also use ticket machines to enable people pay with their debit cards for ease...

Ignore that Fool it's a pity we share the same country with such backward suffering and smiling mentality set of people.

it's a real shame.

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
NoonMasamune:

No way in hell. Do you know how easy it would be for someone to buy the tickets and sell them at ridiculous prices?

Why would you buy offline at ridiculous prices when it's officially sold online.

How do you people even reason in this part of the world.

SMH.
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by NoonMasamune: 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
Mcquine:

Why would you buy offline at ridiculous prices when it's officially sold online.

How do you people even reason in this part of the world.

SMH.

Did you actually read my post well? It would be a trivial matter for someone to buy a good amount of the tickets and sell them back to someone at ridiculous prices. At least in the kubwa station, if you say you want to buy for you and your kids, they ask to to show them to avoid 419.
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by SageTravels: 1:01am On Apr 09, 2019
farem:

What is a big deal in people being orderly in a queue?
If this happens to be London or New York now. You would be saying it is a saner clime.
Where ever there's population high density, that cannot be escaped especially if it's interstate and people rush in almost the same time.

Your reverend Looter and co couldn't even provide rail system in their time.
Wailers are evil worms in Nigeria

Stop defending nonsense. we need an online booking portal.

I have used the train you can read my experience here

https://www.sagetravels.com/new-abuja-kaduna-train-price-and-schedule/

Getting an online booking engine is not a bad thing. those asking for it are not enemy of Nigeria. let's get it right pls.
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:41am On Apr 09, 2019
Gossipninja:
This is what you have to go through to get a train ticket in Nigeria, this is 2019, who did this to us

From government officials to the average Nigerian, there is something about the average Nigerian and looking out for a way to make things difficult for every Nigerian.

We create problems where none should exist. This is 2019, it would cost nothing to have people buy train tickets online, then check in to board the train but what do we have instead? Queues. More time and life wasted. What is wrong with us?

https://zenithnaija.com/see-what-people-go-through-just-to-get-a-train-ticket-in-nigeria-photo/

only govt employees do this
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:42am On Apr 09, 2019
delugajackson:
I look around and all I see is failure all over the country. What will it take to get this country working again? Even Donald Trump will resign after 6months of being president.
it will take you
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:43am On Apr 09, 2019
Officialgarri:
And so what ? Should the ticket be brought to their homes ?

I'm waiting for those who will come to claim "here in America" ...
sell on jumia
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Gossipninja:
This is what you have to go through to get a train ticket in Nigeria, this is 2019, who did this to us

From government officials to the average Nigerian, there is something about the average Nigerian and looking out for a way to make things difficult for every Nigerian.

We create problems where none should exist. This is 2019, it would cost nothing to have people buy train tickets online, then check in to board the train but what do we have instead? Queues. More time and life wasted. What is wrong with us?

https://zenithnaija.com/see-what-people-go-through-just-to-get-a-train-ticket-in-nigeria-photo/

Something you should slot your ATM card into a ticketing machine, enter your pin and get debited in 5 seconds. Ticketing machine should reach 10 sef.

Or buy online before getting to station.
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by farem: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2019
SageTravels:

Stop defending nonsense. we need an online booking portal.

I have used the train you can read my experience here

https://www.sagetravels.com/new-abuja-kaduna-train-price-and-schedule/

Getting an online booking engine is not a bad thing. those asking for it are not enemy of Nigeria. let's get it right pls.

We will not even begin the operation before online thing.
I repeat, you are an harbinger of bad news. The Saducee who spots irrelevant stain in a pure background.
Go and ask any countryt using online booking, how long have they operate uninterruptedly before they adopt the mode.
Innovation, like marketing, studies the environment before adopting anything. How many researches have been conducted (within the time) to ascertain the social media-or internet compatibility of the present and intending market (customers)
Destructive critics always don't access any situation before opening their mouths!

We will also get there.
Re: People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo) by SageTravels: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
farem:

We will not even begin the operation before online thing.
I repeat, you are an harbinger of bad news. The Saducee who spots irrelevant stain in a pure background.
Go and ask any countryt using online booking, how long have they operate uninterruptedly before they adopt the mode.
Innovation, like marketing, studies the environment before adopting anything. How many researches have been conducted (within the time) to ascertain the social media-or internet compatibility of the present and intending market (customers)
Destructive critics always don't access any situation before opening their mouths!

We will also get there.

You are speaking English. this is 2019 and there is a need to have an online booking platform. Small businesses have online presence, is it NRC that cannot build a small booking site. if they cannot, let them allow private sectors to come in. Online booking will reduce stress and also help to fight corruption. Do you know how much they are selling ticket through back door. even security get long leg now. Na connection now to get ticket. Getting online booking platform is not a sin. We are bigger than that.

Btw how is a call for online booking a bad news. It seems you have a problem with modern technology. Upgrade bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man High On 'Ace Of Spades' Bashes His Car While Returning From A Club. Photo / I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria / Drone View Of Major Roads In Edo State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.