Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan (38400 Views)

$268,000 Fraud: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy At His Luxury Hotel In Delta State / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy, Michael Jackson Aka 'Ella' In Lagos With Pot Of Juju / Victor Idahosa: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy With Charm Loaded Inside A Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Gistvic: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
@Gistvic.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on April 8, 2019 secured the conviction of one Uyime Omoruyi for fraudulently inducing one Mary Cuter to deliver the sum of $999 (Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) to him. Gistvic Reports.

Omuruyi was arraigned before Justice Samirah Bature of a Federal Capital Territory, FCT High Court, Maitama on an amended charge bordering on attempted cheating and impersonation.

The charge reads: “That you, Uyime Omoruyi (aka Gen. Barnett Riggs Edward) sometimes in 2018 at Abuja within the Judicial Division of this Honourable Court, did attempt to cheat, by posing as a United States General Barnett Edward Riggs, an American soldier deployed to Afghanistan and fraudulently induced one Mary Cuter to deliver the sum of $999 (Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) that the money is payment for clearance of a package with World Link Courier Service, a claim which you knew was false and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 320 (a) of the Penal Code punishable under section 324 of Penal Code, laws of the Federation (Abuja) 1990.” Gistvic Reports.

Omoruyi, who was first arraigned on April 4, 2019, pleaded “guilty” to the amended charge after it was read to him.

Prosecuting counsel, Best Ojukwu, thereafter, prayed the court to sentence the defendant, accordingly.

Defence counsel, Adachi Abel, however, prayed the court to temper justice with mercy, stating that the convict had shown remorse for his actions, and “he cooperated with investigators and helped them apprehend similar offenders”.

While delivering judgement, Justice Bature noted that the convict was a first-time offender and “he has saved the State from expending resources and time by pleading guilty on arraignment”.

The trial judge, thus convicted him and handed him a fine of N50,000 (Fifty Thousand Naira), in default of which, he will spend one year in Kuje Prison. Gistvic Reports.

See More Below:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/04/efcc-arrests-yahoo-boy-posing-as-fake.html

2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Harrymig1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
That's Bad

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by TheTourist: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
CHAI.....BABA MUST DON CASH OUT WELLA grin

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by GavelSlam: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
They should amend the law to make 6 months in prison mandatory once found guilty.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
“he cooperated with investigators and helped them apprehend similar offenders”.

That's all I have to say

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by noni14(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
senior man i hail

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Dannyhajo(m): 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
Yahoo boy and politicians what's the difference

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by momodub: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Humm him don buy market
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by saasala(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on April 8, 2019 secured the conviction of one Uyime Omoruyi for fraudulently inducing one Mary Cuter to deliver the sum of $999 (Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars) to him. Gistvic Reports.

Imagine going to jail 'cos of just 1k USD.

If you must be caught for scamming, let it be in ten of millions of dollars not this disgraceful paltry sum. And I didnt say this because I am in support of internet scam. I just dey reason am ni

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by cana882(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Dannyhajo:
I pray we Yahoo boy start using AK 47 against this EFCC ARREST Everytime
young man, get a job and work for your money. There's dignity attached to it

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Horlaidex(m): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
Shibaraba:
“he cooperated with investigators and helped them apprehend similar offenders”.

That's all I have to say

Snitch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by tellwisdom: 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
EFCC wey Dem suppose dey arrest, dey arrest people. Agency who up till now could not account for the monies and properties recovered from people. Wish I CLD steal billions. I will rent my house in their building, drink beer and chop nkwobi inside their office. #Ndi ara angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Josh44s(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
This mumu go don go do direct western union pickup with him own ID card out of greed of percentage and he even snitch join. Shey na 1yrs you wan spend for Kuje prison. You better volunteering stay there as life imprisonment coz snitchers ain’t allowed in the street world. Modafucking Modafucka!!! You are as good as dead when u get out becoz of ordinary change of $900 bucks.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by nephemmy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
NICE ONE....AWON TI MILITARY DATING... shocked

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by SouthSouth1914: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by 1stola: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
This osus sef angry angry angry angry angry

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by nonen(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thank God he’s not from the Ibo race, otherwise this thread would have reached 10 pages

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
This one no settle authorities well but he saved himself some cash think of it... 50k or one year in prison

SARS is punching the air right now grin

Besides from what I watched on YouTube and read in forums.. This format is pretty old (I'm just a researcher).. My friends over here who are not Nigerian do tease me with it sometimes
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by pascalbenz: 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
EFCC don pack come Benin bois to do see as them dey spend MONEY ......dis na mission busteded!
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
Serves him right.
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by visijo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
Imagine still paying your Wedding loans even after Divorce �✋�

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by CanadaOrBust: 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
Loi. The old classic format. They still use it?
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by tola9jaa: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
Nice one
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by FhukaFhuka: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
grin..... Oyaaa ! Take I don pay for am cheesy

Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by sanandreas(m): 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
The General grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Hades2016(m): 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
Na waha ooooo
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by freemanbubble: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
Okay
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Deborachi(f): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy Posing As Fake Army General In Afghanistan by Sanchez01: 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
The charge reads: “That you, Uyime Omoruyi (aka Gen. Barnett Riggs Edward)
How do these guys come about these names

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Woman Missing In Ondo After Leaving Home To Plait Her Daughters Hair / Fulani Men Attack Immigration Boundary Camp, Kill 2 Officers (Graphic Photos) / Twitter User Rants On How Yahoo Boys Are Destroying His Business(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.