Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

How Joagbaje Became God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Joagbaje Became God (11392 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2010
So here's the thread, Joagbaje!  kiss

Based on your advertisement at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-509832.64.html#msg6739697 demanding if we didn't want to know how you became God, I thought it'd be nice you cleared this up and told us about your journey to becoming God and your achievements since you got there! I mean, Gods create Galaxies, humans, Lions etc - what are your products?

Also, and please include explanation of how Chris oyakilome happens to be a bigger/greater God than you, and Benny Hinn is greater than Him and Copeland greater than Hinn. I say this because you work under oyakilome and surely, the lesser is blessed of the greater, no? So in your Godship, there are "levels" - please explain

Also, how do you "Gods" relate with ordinary Apostles like Christs Peter, Stephen, John and Paul.

Finally, what are the limitations (or absence of such) that you have as "Gods" that make you what you are.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2010
This is very very needless, for members of the same faith to be at each others tail like this. I dont think jesus told anyone to criticize the other from the same faith.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2010
What exactly is your problem, Toba? The guy asked if we don't want to know how he became God (his own words) and I quoted it above when asking him to tell us. Did I put my hand in his mouth to compel him to ask? Why don't you go read and understand the Bible if you don't know a Christian is not the same as a God!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2010
I have no problem. It seems u have a great challenge with jo going by the way u criticize some of his posts&im sure such an impression u have about him must have motivated u in starting a thread which to me is needless.
This got nothing to do with me reading the bible to find out if a christian isnt a God&whatever. I ve read in the bible where jesus had quoted Psalm 82vs5&6 in John 10 about us being 'god'. Isnt that correct?
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2010
Toba:

I like you too much to handle this my normal way. Please read https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-509832.0.html and especially https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-509832.64.html#msg6739697.

Then come back and tell me what you think. This is not a fight - he wants to tell us, followed u to tell us so and ask why we didn't want! So no problem - he should come tell us

BTW, you need to slow down on NL - toba everywhere always will make you look jobless
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2010
Jobless u say? Hope u ve listened to K.S.A's song 'let them say'? Thats my response if anyone dare to say such. What about pple with over 10000 posts. I wonder if they have time for other things to have increased their posts daily.
Honestly im just catching fun, with my time here. My job as a real estate valuer keeps me on the move almost 24/7, before any bank grants a loan, i need to advice on the value/worth of the collateral brought for mortgage. So while journeying in the coy car, i use my PDA to log on to yahoo&Nl. My friends on yahoo do wonder&say toba how come u are always online. Over to u&joagbaje
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Rhino3dm: 11:08pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^how much does a standard 3 bedroom flat cost in VGC? ? Am intrsted.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by donnie(m): 12:23am On Sep 13, 2010
Joeagbaje talked about his becoming a 'god' and not 'God' as you will have us believe.

In his own words. . .'Wad up? What of me, you are not interested in my story? Don't you want to know how I became god?'

Psalm 82:6-7
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. [7] But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Huh. . . the length to which people could go to deny the power of God contained in the gospel.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 13, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^how much does a standard 3 bedroom flat cost in VGC? ? Am intrsted.
I beg dnt derail the thread. Have u got between N1m-N2.5m per annum
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Rhino3dm: 5:23am On Sep 13, 2010
@toba
Buddie! Buying not renting pls!
Derailed? C'mon man cant you see that this thread can be voted as the worst? Honestly its beats my imagination to arrived at that. BTW lets taking about business . . .

toba:

I beg dnt derail the thread. Have u got between N1m-N2.5m per annum
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by goldplated(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2010
Yea subscribing
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

@toba
Buddie! Buying not renting pls!
Derailed? C'mon man cant you see that this thread can be voted as the worst? Honestly its beats my imagination to arrived at that. BTW lets taking about business . . .

as regards the thread,i told nuclearboy imo that this thread is needless,but i dont want us to fight over small issue so i let it go
To buy a flat is btw 20m-N30m. If are renting/leasing, it cant be lower than the values i gave above
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Zikkyy(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2010
Jo is God shocked shocked god of what? Money, (kudi, ego, owo) oh, I get it now, god of properity cheesy If Jo is God, we are all in deep sh-t then sad

I guess Jo will have to make his picture available to his worshippers so they don’t go about sprinkling goat & chicken blood on some representative objects like car parts grin grin But I trust Jo sha, old things have passed away grin Jo will prefer they monetized the sacrifice and make direct sacrifice deposit to his bank account angry angry

nuclearboy:

Also, and please include explanation of how Chris oyakilome happens to be a bigger/greater God than you, and Benny Hinn is greater than Him and Copeland greater than Hinn.

god get grade na, senior and junior god grin Jo did not just come into existence, he was promoted to godly status by another god grin
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2010
@ Nuclearboy;

You are always rather quick to accuse others of dishonesty and deliberate misrepresentation.

Now let's have a look at what you have done herewith. I looked at the link you provided in the OP. Here is what Pastor Agbaje said verbatim -

Joagbaje:

Wad up?  What of me, you are not interested in my story? Don't you want to know how I became g[/u]od?

Note specifically that he used the small "g" and said "god" [u]NOT
"God."

Now in your challenge regarding what he stated you suddenly, miraculously and mysteriously convert the small "g" to a big "G"  - Thereby deliberately misrepresenting him. Here is your deliberate misrepresentation -

nuclearboy:

Hello Joagbaje:

Yes, twill be nice to know how you became [u]G[/u]od. Unfortunately, this thread is for us lowly Christians and not for "[u]G[/u]ods" like you. I'm opening a thread for you to illuminate us on your Godship and how we may strive towards such.

You compounded the deceit by giving a false title to the thread "How Joagbaje became God" - Now if that is not the most unfortunate dishonesty, i  do not know what else is.

It is particularly striking that you could do this whereas you persistently accuse the fellow of being duplicitous, blasphemous and dishonest.

Do you want to revise that? I believe it is apparent to all that this thread is both patently dishonest and in bad taste.

Especially given the plain fact that Joagbaje's words rhyme with the words of your own lord and saviour - Mr. Jesus from Nazareth, whereat he himself acknowledged men as "gods."

SO WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PROBLEM? ? ?
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 13, 2010
@DS, away from the topic, it pains me how some christians like to point accusing fingers at others,claiming that the own brand of christianity is the 'original' or knows about God/Jesus more than others. I dnt like it. Thats y myself&noetic dnt like kunleoshd style of christianity. None of us could be 100% correct, including our MOG. I dnt think we are in the position to think we can cleanse Christianity through criticism&attacks on NL. Till eternity, we are going to view things diff. Thats y we have islam,deism,atheism etc. I like to be on the defensive, when someone accuses, i will then accuse back
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by ttalks(m): 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2010
These are all the possibilities:-

If nuclearboy had put a small 'g' in the title, it would have turned out as capital 'G'.
That is obvious from every thread topic; the first letter of every word on a title is automatically capitalized.

But, the capital 'G' in the body of the thread has got to be a mistake, right nuclear?
'Cos I guess agbaje made mention of 'god' and not 'God'.

It also worthy to note that agbaje saying 'how I became god' is quite different from 'how I became a god'.

The former quite indicates or points to the possibility that he was referring to 'God' which is a name of just one
single personality who we all know and not a 'god'(the latter) which is not a name but a title of several personalities(real or unreal)
that could be in existence and are definitely not 'God'.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by KunleOshob(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2010
Where is joagbaje
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2010
ttalks:

But, the capital 'G' in the body of the thread has got to be a mistake, right nuclear?
'Cos I guess agbaje made mention of 'god' and not 'God'.

Exactly.

It also worthy to note that agbaje saying 'how I became god' is quite different from 'how I became a god'.

This is very well noted. We should await both Agbaje and Nuclearboy to clarify.

However I am not certain that Joagbaje has ever said - "I AM GOD". . . unless of course I am ignorant of such statements and he can freely come here to educate my ignorance.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ttalks has basically cleared up the issue. However and in truth and fairness, in the body of the post, I did use capital "G" because I wanted him to consider what the functions of God include to see his folly. But here have you helped me to strengthen my position.

Why I'd bother to answer this is the idea that DS will come here to wail and gnash teeth because there's someone who doesn't wish the Messiah ridiculed speaking yet not find it apt to do same when a Joagbaje claims to be god. FYI, Christ is MY God just as infinity is yours. It is the Joagbajes that water that august position down to the point where such as you dare to quantify Christians as being deluded - if asinine half-brained morons did not equate themselves with divinity, the single claim of the truly Divine to His natural place would be considered more serious by such as you.

But thats not what you want, is it? Your desire is to have your dog, cat, pig and keyboard also claim divinity so you can address "the carpenter" as "being amongst equals". So you defend Joagbaje against any (ANY) true christian because his ideals appeal to you and make the claim stupid.

FYI, Joagbaje has said he is "God of this World", "an Angel", "same as Christ is". His peers like Copeland have also said they could have done exactly what christ did and Paula "whatshername" is collecting "atonement" offerings (negating the sacrifice of Christ). If you haven't realised it by now, this is a very touchy matter with me and I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND why Jesus was miffed at His Father's business being ridiculed by traders leading Him to take up a whip. I cannot use a physical whip here but anyone who cannot handle harsh language better walk out now.

I opened a thread to discuss my views on who I'd trust here for christian stuff and no one called him in to advertise his "godship". Allow him defend himself if he has something to say.

I suggest you go learn more variations of fractions and abstractions that your "infinity" covers - as before, I again state I have nothing against "infinity" or your hopes in it.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2010
*sigh*
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Tonyet1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2010
*why cant some dudes just grow up? *
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Rhino3dm: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2010
THIS IS THE WORST THREAD EVER, YET in NL.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2010
toba:
. . . I ve read in the bible where jesus had quoted Psalm 82vs5&6 in John 10 about us being 'god'. Isnt that correct?

It is NOT correct! Jesus never called "us" god/s. Yes, Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6.

First, Psalm 82:6 was not talking to or of Christians; it was a Psalm rebuking certain people ('judges') and the immediately following verse in Psalm 82:7 essentially placed a curse on them or at least put them in their place by saying they shall die like men.

When Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6 in John 10:34, again He too was rebuking people who accused Him of blasphemy because He called Himself God; you can argue that He quoted the Psalm 82:6 at them sarcastically. Even if you disagree about the sarcasm, ask yourself who was He quoting Psalm 82:6 to? Answer: people who wanted to kill Him, who wanted to stone him dead because He claimed to be God.

Christians are not "gods" let alone "God" despite the delusions of Joagbaje and people before him like the diabolical Kenneth Copeland etc.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^^ I hear you. Can you please define what the term "god" or "gods" means for you and examples of such entities.

Additionally, if you can manage it, please indicate if such beings which are "gods" are higher or lower placed than human spirits in creation.

I will be really chuffed to get a response, thanks.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^^

1 Cor 8:4-6

. . . we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.  For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 

There is one God. The Bible uses "god" of human beings etc that are not God in a number of places often denoting authority over other men e.g. the judges in Psalm 82 and even Moses to Pharaoh - as Moses representing the power/authority of God over Pharaoh through Moses.

Some confuse issues by saying God made man in His own image; yes it true as represented in this (inter alia) conversation of the Trinity: Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.

It is also true that God breathed life into man and, especially of the Christian, that man is in a sense a partaker of the divine nature. While acknowledging these, they do not indicate that man is truly divine or "god" in any sense implying divinity proper.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Tonyet1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2010
Enigma:

It is NOT correct! Jesus never called "us" god/s. Yes, Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6.

First, Psalm 82:6 was not talking to or of Christians; it was a Psalm rebuking certain people ('judges') and the immediately following verse in Psalm 82:7 essentially placed a curse on them or at least put them in their place by saying they shall die like men.

When Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6 in John 10:34, again He too was rebuking people who accused Him of blasphemy because He called Himself God; you can argue that He quoted the Psalm 82:6 at them sarcastically. Even if you disagree about the sarcasm, ask yourself who was He quoting Psalm 82:6 to? Answer: people who wanted to kill Him, who wanted to stone him dead because He claimed to be God.

Christians are not "gods" let alone "God" despite the delusions of Joagbaje and people before him like the diabolical Kenneth Copeland etc.

LIE!

Let me start from the logical aspect: The offsprings of a specie are noted as true specie of the said specie - Ganayrold smith. Meaning a goat begets a goat, even if a dog comes out, it is called a goat-dog. Therefore if we are sons of God it means we are Gods. (mark the capital letter G)  wink (the G and g were man's expressions of loyalty and nothing more)

Scriptural aspect:

God himself called and commissioned Moses a GOD unto Pharoah. (Exodus 7:1)

and the word "God" used there was the YHWH (God in his nature and form) and not the ELYM (God in his attributes).

Meaning a man could function as God in his true nature and form.
  tongue
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ ENIGMA -

This from YOU -

Enigma:

It is also true that God breathed life into man and, especially of the Christian, [size=20pt]that man is in a sense a partaker of the divine nature. [/size]

- - - Conclusively resolves the matter in favour of Joagbaje!

I thus find it incredibly hard to understand why such a large number of chrisrtians on this forum pour such venom on that fellow when the very words that they all quote from their scripture bear out Mr. Agbaje's contentions in some of these matters.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^^
This is why it is usually pointless to discuss with you --- and I was heavily tempted to ignore your first post. You make bold and so-called "conclusive" pronouncements --- without adequate understanding.

Nah, I know what I mean and what the Bible means by those words ---- and they do not mean that a christian or for that matter a person is "god". I would give you further help on the matter but I honestly don't think it is worth the bother. So, please feel free to hold on to your "conclusive" conclusion.  smiley
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Tonyet1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2010
ego syndrome my friend. . .it is called ego syndrome!. Its defined as that feeling in humans that makes us feel superior to others. . .when  in true reality we are naked in its worst.

holy lagunas!.  grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by MyJoe: 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
"How Joagbaje became God".

I have not laughed so much in days!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Tonyet1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
Enigma:

^^^
This is why it is usually pointless to discuss with you --- and I was heavily tempted to ignore your first post. You make bold and so-called "conclusive" pronouncements --- without adequate understanding.

Nah, I know what I mean and what the Bible means by those words ---- and they do not mean that a christian or for that matter a person is "god". I would give you further help on the matter but I honestly don't think it is worth the bother. So, please feel free to hold on to your "conclusive" conclusion.  smiley

So what exactly do you mean?

- Someone expressed himself as a GOD and you say it is wrong, is that what you mean?

- God called and commissioned Moses a GOD to Pharoah and He went in that might as a YHWH and not ELYM and yet you say Man cannot be expressed as a God, is that what you mean?

- You even fired yourself the more by asserting that Man is just a mere partaker of a divine nature. . .yet you feel that this doesnt mean he (man) is a divine nature. And you say you know what you are saying, is that what you mean?

when someone finds a fault in you guys instead of owning your errs, all you do is turn and say rubbishes and find the nearest corner to dodge.

----------------------------------------------------------
Take home Assignment for Enigma

1. Go and study the meaning of the word God

2. Go and understand what God meant when he called Moses a GOD

3. Go and restudy that passage in John 10 and come back and give us greek renderings to that statements he made and pls take note of the word he said - ". . .scriptures cannot be broken"

God bless you, no hard feelings Mr.Enigma  wink grin grin
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
The judges that were being referred to in Ps 82 had few characteristics of a God. How do i mean? God is a judge that makes an unquestionable pronouncements. The judges in the OT had powers to sentence. The judges were men with no divine nature like God that can never die, but yet they are god. If men werent god, i dont think Jesus would have used that quote to justify his own divine nature of being higher than god, which were mere mortal men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? / Learn How The 16 Odu Ifa Warn You For Free Without Consulting Babalawo / Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.