Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,802 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? (18211 Views)

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! / Project Strongest States In Nigeria TV Show: Photos Of Delegates / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 09, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
I don't watch Nigerian TV.

Most of them still transmit on SD but use HD cameras.

Of all, NTA is the worst TV station there is.

TVC, Channels, OnTV etc have better picture quality and programmes.
The strikes text can't even compete with Tvc in terms of quality.
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Jh0wsef:
TVC dey try. but you see that NTA? when your Gotv expires. Just be ready for a 1966 teleportation experience grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Lumig: 8:40am On Apr 09, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
I don't watch Nigerian TV.

Most of them still transmit on SD but use HD cameras.

Of all, NTA is the worst TV station there is.

TVC, Channels, OnTV etc have better picture quality and programmes.
You said NTA?? Have you ever watched EKITI TELEVISION (EKTV)?? I don't think so, you will immediately have eye defects from their extremely poor pictures, infact its the worst in the country

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 09, 2019
kemicalreaction:
angry

Guy why you steal my FTC angry angry
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2019
OKorowanta:

True.
Channels naim dey annoy me pass.
Even with the millions they make,they still look like an improved version of NTA.

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Noble11(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2019
I think most Nigerian TV stations are still in analogue...just over here in Kenya tv stations are all digital... can't even watch a single station without decoder..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by MrBONE2(m): 8:44am On Apr 09, 2019
HolyFuckXXX:
Prior to the thread created by hissexcelency about NTA being an embarrassment.

well the truth of the matter is apart from Church TV stations like Emmanuel TV by TB Joshua, loveworld by Chris oyakhilome and other stations owned by churches.

All other secular TV stations in Nigeria are an embarrassment and a national humiliation to NIGERIA.

This is not even about NTA, stations like silverbird, AIT, channels, Lagos TV, galaxy etc, are all shameful to the black race.

It's 2019 and the 21st century and yet these TV stations in Nigeria, lacked good picture quality, their videos and programs is like taking me back to the days of 3gp video quality.

Look at Emmanuel TV and loveworld, you will see that their picture quality, their videos are world class, they are in the league of their own.

There is practically no difference between the quality in CNN and that of Emmanuel TV and loveworld, including all other church TV stations like omega fire ministry, Mercy TV and Redeemers TV etc.

So why are all the TV stations owned by churches, top notch?

And the others funded by government and one politician or the other, are an embarrassment to the black race and the world at large.

During the election when Inec chairman was calling the result, the picture quality, the video, even the settings and the Hall used, everything was like going back to 1914.
The world was watching how embarrassing Nigeria has become.

something is fundamentally wrong in Nigeria.

The studios of NTA, AIT, SILVERBIRD, Channels etc are all embarrassment.

Journalist and newscasters are all embarrassment.

Picture quality is an embarrassment.

video quality is in 3gp.

Nigeria which way?

They gat ta learn from South Africa grin

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2019
sexiestharam:
Is Redeem's Dove TV picture quality top notch? Which kind lie be this?
He didn't mention Redeem's tv but he said most of the church tv stations.
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Budline(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2019
Jh0wsef:

Nta no be here at all.

Honestly
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by TechCapon(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2019
citizen202:
who has an idea on how to start a channel on any television network
simple. Just visit their marketing department
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 09, 2019
Noble11:
I think most Nigerian TV stations are still in analogue...just over here in Kenya tv stations are all digital... can't even watch a single station without decoder..
Modified
We were suppose to have moved to digital broadcasting but it was halted.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by TBrown77(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2019
Quota System. Lobatan!!!
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by TechCapon(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2019
thebiggestgists:

Those Christian channels are also free to air.
in Lagos state. Certainly not here in port Harcourt
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2019
OKorowanta:

True.
Channels naim dey annoy me pass.
Even with the millions they make,they still look like an improved version of NTA.
honestly bro,i tink its only me dat nw hate channels,i dnt watch it on my gotv again,dey did nt Change their theme nd improve their quality, same old style,i nw only watch TVC for my news update,dey broadcast nw in HD pictures quality

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2019
TechCapon:
in Lagos state. Certainly not here in port Harcourt
They are free on mytv strong decoder
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Studyinchina200(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2019
If you ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Unrated900(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2019
Because they tap their frequency 262HG from AIT and ADOOM TV.
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by TechCapon(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

They are free on mytv strong decoder
ok
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Prodigytal: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2019
citizen202:
Do you have an idea how to start a channel or who to meet my broda in Germany wants to open one but does not really know where to begin

What type of channel? Terrestrial channels like silverbird and co are no go. There's too much politics involved and you would spend a lot. A lot of people don't watch those channels anymore. The best channel to start right now is a pay tv channel. You would spend a lot to produce content first, then you take it to dstv to buy the channel. The overall best is online tv. Cheap to start. Least problems. It may not be the number one medium but in a few years, majority will depend on online tv for content.
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by wanger50(m): 8:58am On Apr 09, 2019
I don't agree that TVC is better than Channels. At best they could be on the same level. Channels is however better than TVC in terms of programs and personnel
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Airoflaw(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2019
Revolva:
@op
why r u complaining go and open your own tv station and make you see how e be
NTA is bad we know.....
but pls channels and AIT picture uality is good
silverbird quality don drop
AIT no good..mayb na your TV
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Psoul(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2019
femmoy:

why can't you just correct him instead of this foolishness? u are part of our problems in this country.

Hahahahahahahaha.....I can see. Any other thing?

Ppl that cannot even practice what they preach.
Biko siri nshi nshi si ebea puo.
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by ernieboy(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2019
TechCapon:
Lol. The reason is because they're free to air and therefore can't spend huge millions on expensive cameras and so on. The churches you mentioned all have budget running into billions of naira. A very good camera cost nothing less than 5 million naira

Another thing is that Nigeria is a failed country. South Africa has Supersports, mtn, shoprite and so on. Globacom has managed to remain the worst network in the world and rather spend more on TV commercials than on equipment
is shop rite not a us brand?
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by femmoy(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2019
Psoul:

Hahahahahahahaha.....I can see. Any other thing?
Ppl that cannot even practice what they preach. Biko siri nshi nshi si ebea puo.
I'm not amazed, typical flat head from the states of the rising sun. omo ale jati jati
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by tunwumi: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2019
Very simple question. The same reason why church private universities are better than donkey years public universities.

HolyFuckXXX:
Prior to the thread created by hissexcelency about NTA being an embarrassment.

well the truth of the matter is apart from Church TV stations like Emmanuel TV by TB Joshua, loveworld by Chris oyakhilome and other stations owned by churches.

All other secular TV stations in Nigeria are an embarrassment and a national humiliation to NIGERIA.

This is not even about NTA, stations like silverbird, AIT, channels, Lagos TV, galaxy etc, are all shameful to the black race.

It's 2019 and the 21st century and yet these TV stations in Nigeria, lacked good picture quality, their videos and programs is like taking me back to the days of 3gp video quality.

Look at Emmanuel TV and loveworld, you will see that their picture quality, their videos are world class, they are in the league of their own.

There is practically no difference between the quality in CNN and that of Emmanuel TV and loveworld, including all other church TV stations like omega fire ministry, Mercy TV and Redeemers TV etc.

So why are all the TV stations owned by churches, top notch?

And the others funded by government and one politician or the other, are an embarrassment to the black race and the world at large.

During the election when Inec chairman was calling the result, the picture quality, the video, even the settings and the Hall used, everything was like going back to 1914.
The world was watching how embarrassing Nigeria has become.

something is fundamentally wrong in Nigeria.

The studios of NTA, AIT, SILVERBIRD, Channels etc are all embarrassment.

Journalist and newscasters are all embarrassment.

Picture quality is an embarrassment.

video quality is in 3gp.

Nigeria which way?
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by YoungAncient1: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2019
In terms of picture quality, silverbird is the worst among popular Nigerian TV stations.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Btruth: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2019
NTA ba wo nii? that TV station has never improved since 1977 that they aired "FESTAC 77"
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Austineva(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2019
Ask Buhari
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by don4real18(m): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2019
That's because they have refused to bring creative minds like my myself into their folds
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by bossrillboss: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2019
the tv stations nd d country na 5&6 na.wen d country dey reverse mood wetin u expect say d tv stations go do.reverse nani.
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by encryptjay(m): 9:52am On Apr 09, 2019
NTA! Everything about that station is ancient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COMPLETE SEASON: The Witcher Season 1 Episode 1-8 / DOWNLOAD: Moana 2016 Full Movie | 720p Dual Audio / Photos From Nigerian Idol Season 7 Live Show (Week 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.