Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer (8710 Views)

If Apc’s Records Are Examined, Its Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell —Obasanjo / Senatorial Primary: Fr. Mbaka Can’t Pray For Stolen Mandate, Says VON DG / I Can’t Pay N55m Nomination Fee - Buhari To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Calculating: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2019
While some Nigerians have resorted to praying for the betterment of the country, a legal practitioner has stated why he will not join the train in that direction.

Some Nigerians mostly the Christians have adopted the culture of going spiritual by praying for the country and its leaders at their various religious gathering.

For instance, the Roman Catholic Church has a special prayer it offers for the country – Prayer For Nigeria In Distress – at every mass celebrations across its parishes and stations nationwide.

For Inibehe Effiong, a lawyer based in Nigeria’s commercial capital, the problem of the country is not spiritual hence no need offering prayers on its behalf.

Mr Effiong, a Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) member, said the difficulties being faced in the country today is due to resolve of Nigerians to continually vote in inept leaders on the basis of tribe and religion.

“After voting incompetent leaders, Nigerians resort to calling on God & Allah for food, jobs, education, security & shelter,” the lawyer said at the weekend.

“We can’t have it both ways. The problems of Nig are not spiritual. It is leadership and followership. We will continue to suffer until we do what is right.

“I can’t pray for Nigeria/Nigerian leaders. Nigerian problems are not spiritual. Prayers/fasting will not give us good governance. With all the prominent Christian/Islamic leaders that we have in this country, nothing has changed. Churches/Mosques everywhere but no development,” Effiong added.

The lawyer who expressed regrets for voting President Muhammadu Buhari during the 2015 election, switched his support to Omoyele Sowore, the candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) during the 2019 presidential race.

Like former president Olusegun Obasanjo, the legal practitioner is also accusing the president of incompetence.

Like others, Mr Sowore lost the election to Mr Buhari who sought a second term in office on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/why-i-cant-pray-for-nigeria-and-its-leaders-lawyer/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Calculating: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by enemybulldozer(m): 9:36am On Apr 09, 2019
I've never seen a wise nigerian like this lawyer before.
So there is a wise nigerian after all.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Baawaa(m): 9:50am On Apr 09, 2019
Mr Effiong, a Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) member, said the difficulties being faced in the country today is due to resolve of Nigerians to continually vote in inept leaders on the basis of tribe and religion.
That is Biafra people for you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by nabiz(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2019
Very true. God has given us an agency to make choice and decision. Choose aggie leader, u have the reward. Choose a bad leader u also have the reward so why are we disturbing God again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by AngelicBeing: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Gbam, that has always been my position, I can't waste my time praying for a dead country, prayers doesn’t develop any nation, despite all the useless prayers going on daily in Nigeria, Nigeria is still a shithole jungle, headquarters of poverty in the world and 6th most miserable country on earth

God is tired of useless prayers coming daily from Nigeria void of mercy, Godliness, righteousness, love for one another, the western world, Middle East countries and China do not pray like Nigerians but all those countries are working, prayers without( work, critical thinking to find solutions,
Actions, good road map, pragmatic ideas / solution,
Avoid repeating the same mistakes = Dead, nonsense grin

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Zomdrone: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Sad
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by donkarly(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Since I was born till now,I've been praying for Nigeria,yet things keep getting bad.me too I don tire sef. God isn't deaf, he answers our prayers. The developed countries didn't get where they are by praying but by action

5 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Miracle4Sure: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Hmm
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by JubrinElSudan: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2019
He's right. In a working society, the only prayer they offer is prayer of thanksgiving to God(thanking God for the gift of life) but here we pray to God to provide for us what government should have provided for us.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by itzemar(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2019
He just hit the nail on the head �

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Lakeside419: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Can you imagine??
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by yeshayahu: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2019
when Nigeria bad, more money for u na grin
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Keziehenry(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2019
i cant remember the last time i prayed for nig. whenever my pastor calls for a prayer for the country i always keep silent or i will start praying for my family and friends. i cant waste my prayer on a God forsaken country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by sonature1: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2019
I can't remember the last time I prayed for Nigeria in a public place.

Nigerians are like a guy who lives with a girl he's not married to, he always has sex with her and later ask for God's forgiveness. Well, the next day he's on the girl, and later, he will ask for God's forgiveness again and again. grin

Believe it or not, I think we all hypocrites in Nigeria.

God cannot help you if you don't want to help yourself.

No, He doesn't impose Himself on people

9 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Illuminados(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2019
We Nigerians are religious and prayerful, bt the fear of the almighty is nt ther and majority of us are so wicked and evil...
so hw will things get better?

7 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Hotfreezer: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2019
Lol
Ask those who know this boy to tell you about him.

Someone that collected money from Udom in 2015 when he was in law school. He criticises Udom in the daytime but they settle him at night.

He made good points but because I know him and his antecedents, I'm not swayed by his rhetorics.
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Geonigga(m): 10:44am On Apr 09, 2019
How can u pray for politicians that are all demonic by nature, the energy we dissipate for prayers should be channeled to voting a competent leaders in fact I allied myself with the lawyer's thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2019
Praying for Nigeria is just waste of time and energy. China, Japan, South Korea, Finland, Ice Land and other developed countries of the world didn't get to where they are today through prayers, but by leaders with vision who took drastic action to change the course of their nations. Singapore is a perfect example. Imagine we are still stocked with a senile old illiterate with analog brain in this 21 century. Smh..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by FreemanUYB(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2019
Baawaa:
That is Biafra people for you
Education is free in your region ;!!!!!
you can be a beneficiary!!!
or so go back to being an almajiri you might get more insight !!!!

slowpoke;!!!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by abbeyty(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2019
Pray for Nigeria ? The one wey we dey pray since no be all these politicians dey enjoy am ?

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Pavore9: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2019
He is right.
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:50am On Apr 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Gbam, that has always been my position, I can't waste my time praying for a dead country, prayers doesn’t develop any nation, despite all the useless prayers going on daily in Nigeria, Nigeria is still a shithole jungle, headquarters of poverty in the world and 6th most miserable country on earth, God is tired of useless prayers coming daily from Nigeria void of mercy, Godliness, righteousness, love for one another, the western world, Middle East countries and China do not pray like Nigerians but all those countries are working, nonsense grin

I love this. Good one

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by MistadeRegal(m): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2019
angry

Praying for Nigeria is like praying for lions, baboons, monkeys, tigers etc not to escape zoo. What's the impact?
Nigeria is no longer in the record of GOD as a nation. So praying to get it fixed will only prolong our suffering as we are already used to it even.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2019
I'm going to keep praying for Nigeria.

I am a born again Christian. There was this relative of my father that we kept on praying for his conversion. We wasted nearly 20 years praying for him and mumbling over and over again...even to the point that I started wondering why we were even praying....

Well, the relation is dead now, but in the last ten years of his life...he got born again.

The truth is, we don't deserve God's love, as a people and as a country. We are evil, corrupt, foolish, and wicked. Yet, God does not give up on us, and even now does not give up on us.

The lawyer has a serious problem. He does not know how much God loves him. He has a poor view of God's love as something which is easy come easy go.He thinks that because he has done God a favour by accepting Jesus as Lord, therefore God by right ought to favor holy holy him above all those pesky unbelievers and unenlightened ones. The fact is...God views that lawyer, and all of us as dirty sinners, yet because of Christ dying for our sins, he has chosen to forgive us and to constantly remain faithful to us, even inspite of the fact that we sin after we get saved.

I remember Jeremiah being asked to pray for the peace of Babylon. Why should he pray for the peace of a country that had opressed not only his people and others? Because God loved the Babylonians.

Why did God send Jonah to Nineveh? The capital of Assyria. The Assyrians (they exist today, 2-3 million strong)...were a brutal and evil nation(Infact the Bible downplays the Assyrian's brutality...just go and read what they did to countries that surrendered to them...let me jsut say that today's modern dictators look like nice people compared to the Assyrians)..but God sent JOnah to them because God cared about the Assyrians.

My people, especially Christians...let us not give up praying for Nigeria. God has not given up on us. He did not give up on Saul, on David (even after David committed a crime worthy of a Mafia don's admiraiton), etc. He has not given up on Nigeria...and he wants us to keep on praying for Nigeria so that we can understand how much He loves us...and act in that love.

During the time of Idi Amin, a young Christian man was about to be killed by Amin 's soldiers. He asked for a few minutes to say something...and he preached the word of God briefly to them...then they shot him. His witness converted one person.

A Catholic Priest, Maximilian Kobe took the place of one man out of ten, during the second world war in Poland . He did not know that man,but he took his place and died in his place at the hands of the Nazi occupation. That man never forgot.

Jesus loves us....it is our job to love as he loved.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by ribogafux: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2019
beauty queen
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2019
in other words those that voted for buhari and Atiku are fools

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by PrincewithGod(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Gbam, that has always been my position, I can't waste my time praying for a dead country, prayers doesn’t develop any nation, despite all the useless prayers going on daily in Nigeria, Nigeria is still a shithole jungle, headquarters of poverty in the world and 6th most miserable country on earth, God is tired of useless prayers coming daily from Nigeria void of mercy, Godliness, righteousness, love for one another, the western world, Middle East countries and China do not pray like Nigerians but all those countries are working, prayers without( work, critical thinking to find solutions,
Actions, good road map, pragmatic ideas / solution,
Avoid repeating the same mistakes = Dead, nonsense grin
Have you ever thought that without the prayers it would have been worse that it is now?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by poseidon12: 11:07am On Apr 09, 2019
My exact sentiments too. God bless you sir.
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by ogashman(m): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2019
Praying for Nigeria is a waste of time... I rather use the time I did pray for Nigeria to do something productive.
Re: Why I Can’t Pray For Nigeria And Its Leaders – Lawyer by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2019
Nigeria's numerous problems, has gone past prayers.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive: Top Ten Richest States In Nigeria 2020....CBN / Muslim Cleric Calls For The Killing Of Tinubu's Wife / Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.