Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA (31651 Views)

Ayatu Momoh: Federal Poly Offa Lecturer Slumps And Dies In Kwara (Photo) / John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council / Lady Does Photoshoot With Her PhD Thesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Alhajiemeritus: 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

Each course and the thesis is graded. But there is no official grade for the degree itself.
Each course ke?
PHD is Research only.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by tejpot(m): 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
niyogeol:
You are the first person to comment here to me. Whoever gave this post a title should be examined. I don't know of any place in the world where PhD is graded.

Seun, Lalasticla, please edit the title of this post. It is highly misleading. CGPA is not used in doctoral degree.
How many places in the world have you been to? Your write prescribed courses in PhD all over and they are graded. But some might decide to down play the role of the courses not that they are not compulsory for obtaining the PhD . It's just in partial fulfilment of the award.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Alhajiemeritus: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

Who told you there is no coursework in PhD? It all depends on the institution and the course.
I have no idea of which PHD has Course work?
You end Course work at masters level
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by VULCAN(m): 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
When mediocrity speaks it's not hard to identify

anochuko01:
maybe her hubby, hubby's friend or her friend supervised it

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Timisamd(m): 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

Although the degree itself is not graded, but each course completed is graded, including the thesis. So if you have As all through, you can validly claim you finished with a CGPA of 5.0.
It is a predisposition of human nature to consider an unpleasant idea untrue ... Then it is easy for them yo find argument against it.

The fact is that ... PhD has never been graded .
Simple and universal.

3 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:

At how many institutions have you made your findings before coming to the internet to expose your ignorance?
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by mechanics(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Congrats to her, her husband was really supportive.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Smartwave: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
PhD graded? And which Company buy her thesis Rubbish PhD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2019
yinchar:
When did they start grading PhD.

All over the world it’s a common knowledge PhD is not graded.

It’s either you PASS or FAIL.

And the pass mark is 50%.

Perhaps she’s saying that to boast her ego. Even for the Pass/Fail criteria. You can’t get 100% for your PhD.

Highly impossible. I stand to be corrected.

maybe u are sadist lol dats yy u think its impossible to get it high in PhD....
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by anochuko01(m): 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
VULCAN:
When mediocrity speaks it's not hard to identify

only people with low IQ dont recognize sarcasm...
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by abdussalam(m): 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
Dacronym:
Ndigbo Kwenu!
God bless the SW University for The Platform and Knowledge, God Bless Nigeria #onenigeria ❤️❤️
That's an Edo name
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by abdussalam(m): 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
sirqeeboi:
I thought phd isnt graded ??
Thanks! Your observation is almost accurate.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Alhajiemeritus: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
tejpot:

It has! You do course work as well and that's graded.
Example of a PHD with course work pls?
We don't have that in biological sciences.
And Yes I'm a Postgraduate Student.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Alhajiemeritus: 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

Each course has a grade including the thesis.
Bros
U just dey mention each course?
PHD is research only in our Universities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Dacronym(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
abdussalam:
That's an Edo name
Lmao hahahha ok oh Thanks For Falling my hand oh
Any which way OBA GHA TOPKERE, Ise! wink
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Alhajiemeritus: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

At how many institutions have you made your findings before coming to the internet to expose your ignorance?
Lol
I'm a Postgraduate Student (Masters)and I work hand in hand with PHD students.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Mires: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
This is really disheartening. I shake my head for some PhD produced in Nigeria. Who grade PhD? She should at least respect the highest academic qualification than trying to prove how smart she is and rubbishing herself and the University that awarded her PhD. Indeed, I am smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Zombicmodz: 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
sirqeeboi:

You're right PhD is a reasearch based course.
Bloggers have come again.

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by jaymee0(m): 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
[quote author=Gsteve01 post=77429350]Something has suffered cool

Lol I dig.

But you be bad person.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by AreaFada2: 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
Fantastic. Congrats!
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
Lol
I'm a Postgraduate Student (Masters)and I work hand in hand with PHD students.

Alhajiemeritus:

Bros
U just dey mention each course?
PHD is research only in our Universities.

Congratulations on your Post Grad experience. But try and have a flexible mindset. The policy of each university and even each program differs. Because you have a scenario in one instance does not make it the rule everywhere. There are lots of PhD programs with course work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Jerry2i(m): 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
sirqeeboi:
Me asking same question
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by femi4: 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
sirqeeboi:
na so we see am o
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Isoduwa(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Taich:
This is news worth reading, I doubt if it will ever get to front page. Congratulations madam, my wife is next.

Who phD epp?

Buhari get ?
APC members Wey get Nor reach 5
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
They dont grade PhD. Its 50% pass mark just like M.Sc. Even @d@ u cant score 100% in Ph.D
Bloggers lie kill ulna

2 Likes

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
agabusta:

Congratulations on your Post Grad experience. But try and have a flexible mindset. The policy of each university and even each program differs. Because you have a scenario in one instance does not make it the rule everywhere. There are lots of PhD programs with course work.

Big Lie Sir. Even UNILORIN that just intriduced coursework, only put 2 courses for M.Phil and Ph.D. Its mainly by research Work in UNILORIN
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Enemyofpeace: 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
Rubbish. Just because of ordinary PHD that they gaved her, person no go hear word again
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by agabusta: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Budex40:

Big Lie Sir. Even UNILORIN that just intriduced coursework, only put 2 courses for M.Phil and Ph.D. Its mainly by research Work in UNILORIN

Ok.
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Galactico1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
tstx:
Hmmmn

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

Hello sir, do you train someone on website design. My whatsapp +2348167613847
Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by DonroxyII: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
In my school University of Ilorin Department of Accounting PhD now has 4/5 courses that have been introduced and they are major accounting courses such as :

Financial reporting
Management Accounting
Taxation
Auditing

The pass mark is still 50% but if you ace A's all of them , you can categorically States you have 5.0/5.0 ..... Maybe she ace all her courses including thesis !!!

Nonetheless, she is a model and motivator!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by DonroxyII: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
Budex40:

I subjected my M.sc scores to CGPA and I earned 2:1 60.7% .... just playing with B.sc grade system with my M.sc Score .....

If she had As in all her courses , she might claimed 5.0/5.0 ...... Nonetheless she is proud of her achievement and I am proud of her ....

Things changed yearly ooo, My 2013 set did 13 courses , the 2014 did like 16/17 courses .... PhD did like 4 courses ..... I was amazed myself , I think courses were introduced in Unilorin in 2015 set !!

1 Like

Re: Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
anochuko01:
maybe her hubby, hubby's friend or her friend supervised it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School / University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Post Graduate Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.