Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? (9511 Views)

Well To Do Igbo Traders Chase Off Hungry Yorubas From Alaba / 2 Lagos-Based Igbo Men Show Support For Tinubu (Video) / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by kayfra: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
horsepower101:

My guy the level of development in onitsha is so massive. You have to see for yourself. Come visit onitsha. You will feel overwhelmed.

It’s even more shocking when you remember that the city has no seaport or airport.

But I cannot stop you from hating.

There is a difference between fastest growing city and fastest urbanizing City.

Just because a city is growing in human population doesn’t mean that it’s urbanizing.

Slums DO NOT COUNT!

You threw out the "fastest growing city in Africa" boast and got debunked. Now you want to change definitions?

Insufferable much angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Arysexy(m): 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
Afonja is shamelessly comparing Onitsha that was leveled in 1967 to Lagos that did not witness any war, a Lagos that was Nigeria's capital until d 80s, a Lagos that developed by the personal efforts of all Nigerians and federal allocation as a capital. Just as Abuja is being developed today. Tomorrow, some Gbagi ppl will come and claim they built Abuja?

I shame for an average Afonja, if they could only talk about Lagos when Onitsha that had no federal input after the war ended in 1970 could beat their brown roof settlement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by horsepower101: 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
kayfra:

You threw out the "fastest growing city in Africa" boast and got debunked. Now you want to change definitions?

Insufferable much angry

Population growth which is what you posted is NOT the same as urbanization/development.

Demographia which actually measures urbanization listed onitsha as the 2nd most urbanized/ built up region in Nigeria and 5th in Africa.

Very soon, it will surpass lagos. Thank GOD demographia didn’t include slums in their metrics.

[url]http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf
[/url]

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by horsepower101: 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Arysexy:
Afonja is shamelessly comparing Onitsha that was leveled in 1967 to Lagos that did not witness any war, a Lagos that was Nigeria's capital until d 80s, a Lagos that developed by the personal efforts of all Nigerians and federal allocation as a capital. Just as Abuja is being developed today. Tomorrow, some Gbagi ppl will come and claim they built Abuja?

I shame for an average Afonja, if they could only talk about Lagos when Onitsha that had no federal input after the war ended in 1970 could beat their brown roof settlement.

I honestly feel ashamed for them. It’s very shameful that a region that experienced no war looks like a slum.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by kayfra: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
horsepower101:

Population growth which is what you posted is NOT the same as urbanization/development.

Demographia which actually measures urbanization listed onitsha as the 2nd most urbanized/ built up region in Nigeria and 5th in Africa.

Very soon, it will surpass lagos. Thank GOD demographia didn’t include slums in their metrics.

[url]http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf
[/url]

That's another lie. cheesy

https://www.propertypro.ng/blog/top-10-most-developed-cities-in-africa/

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by kayfra: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
Arysexy:

Another brain dead one. Nobody in his or her sane mind will compare Lagos with Onitsha. It's your Anambra brothers making the high jump.

Have you seen me mention Lagos outside of statistical references?

Why will I compare a Figher Jet (Lagos) to a paper plane (Onitsha)?

Do you even read Bro or Sis or Trans? angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by horsepower101: 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
Less than 10 years ago this whole area was bushy. Today, look at it. It hard for regular folks to buy land here talkless of slum dwellers.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Ttipsy(f): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2019
Arysexy:

painful truth

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Arysexy(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
horsepower101:

I honestly feel ashamed for them. It’s very shameful that a region that experienced no war looks like a slum.

It speaks volume about how docile and laid back their ppl are. Awka has no upstairs after d war, today the number of high rise building in Awka alone dwarfs that of Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, and Ogun state combined, not talking about Onitsha.

Most times whenever i am crossing river Niger from Asaba, entering Onitsha, I beat my chest and salute the visible signs of progressiveness of an average Igbo man. It was never easy to bounce back and defeat the enemy with our progress. Reason why they have no option than to hate us. The intimidation we give them in Lagos by our success is enough headache already.

Let's continue doing more, they will continue crying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Ttipsy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
most Nigerians especially the westerners, yorubas think that Nigeria development end in Lagos.. that's a wrong assumption. This is 21st century. places are developing massively. Port Harcourt, Abuja, calabar, Enugu, Owerri, Anambra.. Uyo

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by jafol(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
With all your fine onitsha like u claim, abeg why r ur people coming to south west to build houses and still fighting their host for a land that they don't belong to

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by jafol(m): 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Arysexy:

It speaks volume about how docile and laid back their ppl are. Awka has no upstairs after d war, today the number of high rise building in Awka alone dwarfs that of Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, and Ogun state combined, not talking about Onitsha.

Most times whenever i am crossing river Niger from Asaba, entering Onitsha, I beat my chest and salute the visible signs of progressiveness of an average Igbo man. It was never easy to bounce back and defeat the enemy with our progress. Reason why they have no option than to hate us. The intimidation we give them in Lagos by our success is enough headache already.

Good for u, kindly tell ur brothers to migrate back since the war don end and ur states r better

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by horsepower101: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
Arysexy:

Even Awka of yesterday is pulling it’s own weight.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Arysexy(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ttipsy:
most Nigerians especially the westerners, yorubas think that Nigeria development end in Lagos.. that's a wrong assumption. This is 21st century. places are developing massively. Port Harcourt, Abuja, calabar, Enugu, Owerri, Anambra..

Lagos is deceiving them. Most of them have no decent house at their state of origin.

I traveled for my GM mother's burial last November in Osun state with my colleagues. To God who made me, I was embarrassed that this my oga is ok with mud house his great grand father's built. The burial service was done in a a nearby primary school field and after that, they took d corpse to the dirty looking mud house plastered with cement ( not painted). This is the family house of my GM who is d first son of the family, he could not put a decent house for his parents, but he will be bragging in Lagos while junior staff like us already have upstairs in our towns.

Let them keep talking about Lagos, after the race, we count d miles

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by horsepower101: 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
More of Awka City Center

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Arysexy(m): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
jafol:
With all your fine onitsha like u claim, abeg why r ur people coming to south west to build houses and still fighting their host for a land that they don't belong to

If by South West u mean Lagos, then know ye today that my ppl who builds in Lagos do so to avoid Ur wicked and jealousy stricken Afonja landlords who gets envious of them when they buy car by increasing their rent once they notice progress among igbos. My ppl prefer to build and live in their own house devoid of Ur wicked envy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Ttipsy(f): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Arysexy:

Lagos is deceiving them. Most of them have no decent house at their state of origin.

I traveled for my GM mother's burial last November in Osun state with my colleagues. To God who made me, I was embarrassed that this my oga is ok with mud house his great grand father's built. The burial service was done in a a nearby primary school field and after that, they took d corpse to the dirty looking mud house plastered with cement ( not painted). This is the family house of my GM who is d first son of the family, he could not put a decent house for his parents, but he will be bragging in Lagos while junior staff like us already have upstairs in our towns.

Let them keep talking about Lagos, after the race, we count d miles
logically Apart from Lagos. and some portion of Ibadan, south west is far behind Nigeria's development standards today..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by horsepower101: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ttipsy:
logically Apart from Lagos. and some portion of Ibadan, south west is far behind Nigeria's development standards today..

Word. This is so true because when I look at northern cities, I shake my head for south-westerners.

Even northerners are beginning to have better looking cities. I truely wonder what awolowo will say if he saw what is happening to the west.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Westbestside: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
ANSMEDIA:

I don't need to disprove anything with picture but know that such outlook does not exist anywhere presently in Onitsha. Bye
Ok, lelet keep the denial on. I forgot that the ochanja market is in Abuja grin
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Westbestside: 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ttipsy:
I thought no where is developed in Ibadan na
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Westbestside: 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
jafol:
That is the question begging for answers.
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Ttipsy(f): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
Westbestside:
That is the question begging for answers.
and why have Yorubas refused to develop their States?? question begging for solution

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by AngryNijerian: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2019
If i were Yoruba i'd dip my hands into my life savings just to travel, experience and behold the beauty of a city(Onitsha) without brown roof.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Ttipsy(f): 12:03am On Apr 11, 2019
AngryNijerian:
If i were Yoruba i'd dip my hands into my life savings just to travel, experience and behold the beauty of a city(Onitsha) without brown roof.
tinubu won't permit them.. lol. or majority of them are scared of River Niger

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Westbestside: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2019
Ttipsy:
and why have Yorubas refused to develop their States?? question begging for solution
Which states, the ones you people can't do without or which one?
Re: Why Do Igbo Men (anambra) Do This?? by Westbestside: 12:45am On Apr 11, 2019
AngryNijerian:
Lol, Travel to where? London or onitsha, abeg specify. Only mad Yoruba man will wake up in the morning, pick bag and wasted his sweat money to go to igboland without having business. Is he mad, when his mates are going to better place than his own like US. Na lesser place like east he go come think of. Take time o. I served there so I know what I am saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What’s The Point Of A First Lady? - Tabia Princewill / INEC Plotting To Pre-allocate 200,000 Votes To APC In Ebonyi-governor Umahi / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.