Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,507 members, 7,823,189 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] (8175 Views)

The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note / What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency / Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by ThinkSmarter: 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used only two. 50kobo and 1 Naira coin.
Though I hv seen, dug out the other coins when playing with soil in the village.
#WeAreVillageBroughtUps

1 Share

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Temidayo9(m): 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used the 1st 3 when they were on note /paper form

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Pierced(f): 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used the first two to buy baba dudu.

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by thesicilian: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Used all

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by dochenaj: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
I swallowed 1 kobo back in the day, and put everyone in suspense while waiting for me to poo it out. Eventually I did, twas a testimony.
I was barely 2 years but can still recollect the event. I've always been curios, and my curiosity caused a commotion for a day.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good old days when our currency had value. Indomie generation won't know what we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Bluezy13(m): 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2019
dochenaj:
I swallowed 1 kobo back in the day, and put everyone in suspense while waiting for me to poo it out. Eventually I did, twas a testimony.
I was barely 2 years but can still recollect the event. I've always been curios, and my curiosity caused a commotion for a day.

You've always been curious...
And you were barely 2 years old.

A 2 years old already always been curious

Haba!!!
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by chronique(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used all apart from the last one on the down right.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by luvinhubby(m): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
thesicilian:
Used all

Ancestor
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by dochenaj: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Bluezy13:

You've always been curious...
And you were barely 2 years old.
A 2 years old already always been curious
Haba!!!
Am I reading sarcasm and a whiff of disbelief?
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used 25kobo 50kobo and 1naira. those days Na kwilikwili and ofio we dey am buy. ice water babadudu chokoMilo. chai good old days
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Abortedfetus(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used all except dat one with d star of David. my elders,I greet una o.

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Abortedfetus(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
I used all except dat one with d star of David. my elders,I greet una o.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Bluezy13(m): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
dochenaj:

Am I reading sarcasm and a whiff of disbelief?

Infants are known to be naturally "instinctively" curious.

Singling yourself as at infancy to know yourself to be curious...barely as a 2 years old...is highly questionable and subject to disbelieve and perhaps may be considered as sarcastic.

It is either you misrepresented the conceptualization of your quality as at infancy OR you are deliberately exaggerating. Either way, you need to make amends, for rationality purpose.

An i would advise that instead of abusing my sense of reasoning, you should rather ignore my writeup if and only if you won't make amends.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by MetaPhysical: 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
ThinkSmarter:
Though I hv seen, dug out the other coins when playing with soil in the village.
#WeAreVillageBroughtUps

This is interesting. You unearthed history. I remember 50kobo coin and one naira very well. grin

Check the other history you uncovered. One of the monies, the last with hole was minted in 1959 and said Federation of Nigeria, not Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I guess that meant the Federation of people and regions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by MetaPhysical: 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
Pierced:
I used the first two to buy baba dudu.

Ahh, fine gyal, i got your baba dudu here.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by MetaPhysical: 11:41pm On Apr 10, 2019
dochenaj:
I swallowed 1 kobo . back in the day, and put everyone in suspense while waiting for me to poo it out. Eventually I did, twas a testimony.

shocked shocked
If i was your parent the black hide on your butt will turn red that day. Alakoba! grin
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by dochenaj: 12:10am On Apr 11, 2019
Bluezy13:

Infants are known to be naturally "instinctively" curious.
Singling yourself as at infancy to know yourself to be curious...barely as a 2 years old...is highly questionable and subject to disbelieve and perhaps may be considered as sarcastic.
It is either you misrepresented the conceptualization of your quality as at infancy OR you are deliberately exaggerating. Either way, you need to make amends, for rationality purpose.
An i would advise that instead of abusing my sense of reasoning, you should rather ignore my writeup if and only if you won't make amends.
1. A 2 year old is not an infant but a toddler.
2. If you're asserting that "infants" are naturally curious, then why would you begin arguing about my statement that it must have been curiosity that led me to swallow the coin.
3. At 2, I obviously didn't know what curiosity meant, and wouldn't know I was curious. But looking back at the event, I can only wonder to myself "why would you have swallowed a coin, if not out of curiosity".
4. I have not the faintest clue as to what amends you think I should make.
5. Finally I didn't mention you when I said, what I said nor did I abuse your sense of reasoning. I suppose you should rather take your advise and desist from commenting further on what I have said.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Bluezy13(m): 12:26am On Apr 11, 2019
dochenaj:

1. A 2 year old is not an infant but a toddler.
2. If you're asserting that "infants" are naturally curious, then why would you begin arguing about my statement that it must have been curiosity that led me to swallow the coin.
3. At 2, I obviously didn't know what curiosity meant, and wouldn't know I was curious. But looking back at the event, I can only wonder to myself "why would you have swallowed a coin, if not out of curiosity".
4. I have not the faintest clue as to what amends you think I should make.
5. Finally I didn't mention you when I said, what I said nor did I abuse your sense of reasoning. I suppose you should rather take your advise and desist from commenting further on what I have said.

You should have just ignored my write up... like i advised.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by ki02020(m): 1:00am On Apr 11, 2019
I remember those days in school when we use pencil to trace the inscription on paper....a perfect black and white picture

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by grandstar(m): 1:34am On Apr 11, 2019
I used some

Remember buying plantain chips for 10k and even groundnut for that price in 1984.

I remember the N1 and 50k coins were released in either 1990 or 1991, that is , the first 2 coins displayed..

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by grandstar(m): 1:41am On Apr 11, 2019
ki02020:
I remember those days in school when we use pencil to trace the inscription on paper....a perfect black and white picture

My guy!!!!!!!!!! I remember wella

20 gbosas for this guy

1 Like

Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Sundarita: 1:45am On Apr 11, 2019
I might have used all. smiley
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by anochuko01(m): 5:38am On Apr 11, 2019
we used 1naira and 50kobo to fetch water...that was the last thing they were useful for in my area then.
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Auxtin85(m): 5:40am On Apr 11, 2019
The only one I didn’t use is the penny and half kobo, I used all others
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Greystone: 5:44am On Apr 11, 2019
I’m old oh cry
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by femi4: 6:38am On Apr 11, 2019
ThinkSmarter:
#WeAreVillageBroughtUps
Used all except the last one

Still prefer the paper N1 and the blue paper 50k
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by shugabasbn: 6:58am On Apr 11, 2019
Chai. There was a country, those days when Nigeria was Nigeria, nothing like Hausa Fulani, Ipob or Afonja. I missed those good days, when u will buy guguru with 1 kobo, Agidi jollof with 25kobo and the highest note was #20 and it is only during the Xmas u are entitled to get 50kobo note when your uncle from Surulere or Bariga visit
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by Ziggylady(f): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2019
I used all. embarassed
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by omoolorire(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2019
I use all except for 1 kobo 1/2 kobo and the last one with hole
Re: Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] by oyatz(m): 9:04am On Apr 11, 2019
You are right.
The first two coins were minted in 1991, they were in paper currency forms before that year.
I remember buying an egg with three 10K coins in 1986.

In 1985, I used to buy 'Ewa agunyi' in Surulere, Lagos with 50k notes

grandstar:
I used some

Remember buying plantain chips for 10k and even groundnut for that price in 1984.

I remember the N1 and 50k coins were released in either 1990 or 1991, that is , the first 2 coins displayed..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sold »For Sale: Sawmill With Minimum of #4k Income Daily / Ginger Exportation Foreign Buyers / Enugu State Board Of Internal Revenue Closes GT And Sterling Bank Branches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.