Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money (1430 Views)

Why Is Adsense The Only Revenue Model For Nigerian Bloggers? / Top 5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Shouldn't Bring To 2018 / 5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Pulsenaija: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
Some of the most important questions website owners normally get is how they make money from their site. So in this article, I listed the most important questions that my clients and commenters keep asking me regarding AdSense payments.

What do I need to set up?
Before getting paid by Google AdSense you need to set up the payment information:

the right postal address (and confirm it)
provide tax information (not applicable for all countries)
select a payment method
AdSense will hold the money for you until you entered all the information. So you can start using AdSense and generate money from ads even before finishing the whole payment setup. You should see notifications in your AdSense backend until you finished the setup process though.

When do I get paid by AdSense?
AdSense calculates your income for the period of a full month. After the month ends, AdSense takes a few weeks to review your earnings and identify false impressions and clicks before finalizing the payment. This review is normally done by the 20th of the succeeding month. Google AdSense sends payments in the last week of the following month.

In a nutshell, this is a typical payment timeline, which begins the month after you generated your revenue.

3rd of the month earnings are finalized, revenue for invalid clicks is reduced
20th last chance to make changes to your payment method
21st – 26th the payment will be sent by AdSense, changes are no longer possible
27th two months later you can reissue another payment if you didn’t receive it
Timelines could shift depending on the timezone you are in or if the day a specific action is taken falls on a weekend or bank holiday.

The payment itself may take some time, depending on the payment method. Here are some methods and the time they take until the money reaches you:

Checks by mail 1-2 weeks
Wire transfer 15 days
EFT payments / bank transfer 7 business days
Western Union Quick Cash you have 60 days to pick it up
Rapida payments 15 days
What is a payment threshold?
Google AdSense payment threshold example
A payment threshold is the minimal amount of earnings you need to gather in a row of months before getting paid. As you can see in the sample payment schedule below, you won’t get paid for the month you earned only $40, but when you earned $90 the next month you earned a total of $130 and are eligible to get paid by AdSense in the succeeding month.

The payment threshold is different by currency. Here are some sample values.

U.S. Dollar $100
Euro €70
British Pound £60
Yen ¥8000
Australian Dollar A$100
The payment threshold is probably the most important for you, but there are three other types of thresholds for earnings connected with actions in AdSense:

Address verification threshold
Payment method selection threshold
Cancellation threshold
You can review the detailed list of thresholds, but as a rough orientation the threshold for all of them is the equivalent amount of $10 or €10.

Why do my earnings decrease after the month?
The numbers you see in your performance reports are called estimated earnings. AdSense needs until the 3rd of the next month to finalize your earnings and display the result in your account under Payments > Transactions.

The reason for the difference between both numbers are invalid clicks and impressions. Google doesn’t disclose information about how they distinguish those clicks, but one of those invalid activities is clicking on ads on your own site. If you violate the AdSense policy too often, you might even get banned from the network and lose the whole outstanding payments.

What is a payment hold and how to issue one?
If you – for any reason – don’t want to get paid for the next payment period, you can increase your payment threshold or schedule the next payout to postpone the AdSense payment for some time.

Sign in to your account.
Select Payments.
Go to Manage settings.
Change the Payment schedule options by clicking on the edit icon
Click Save.
Google AdSense payment schedule settings
You can hold payments for the current month only, if you issued the hold before the 20th of that month.

What can I do if I didn’t receive my payment?
In case you didn’t receive your payment but did complete your payment information, your overall income is above the payment threshold and due for more than 60 days, and no issue is displayed in your AdSense dashboard, you can request a reissue from AdSense.

Sample AdSense payment schedule
In the following payment schedule I included some basic examples and actions for the payment process.

Month Earning Payment Notes
January $40 – getting started with AdSense; threshold not reached
February $90 – threshold reached for the first time
March $200 $130 getting paid for January and February
April $250 $200 getting paid for March
Do I get a payment receipt or invoice from AdSense?
If you are a business – and in most countries you are when using Google AdSense on your site – you might want to get an invoice or payment receipt from AdSense for your tax office. You can find it in your payment history under Payments > View transactions.

From my own experience I recommend to check with your accountant or tax office and ask if they need more information, e.g. some stats from your performance report saying how many impressions or clicks you sold at which price.

How about taxes on AdSense income?
As long as your country collects taxes, they probably won’t make an exception with your AdSense earnings. The amount of taxes you have to pay is of course too individual by each country and personal situation, so I am not able to cover it here in general.

https://pulsenaija.com.ng/tech/google-adsense-payment/
Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Amowap2019(m): 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Pulsenaija:
Some of the most important questions website owners normally get is how they make money from their site. So in this article, I listed the most important questions that my clients and commenters keep asking me regarding AdSense payments.

Before getting paid by Google AdSense you need to set up the payment information:

select a payment method
AdSense will hold the money for you until you entered all the information. So you can start using AdSense and generate money from ads even before finishing the whole payment setup. You should see notifications in your AdSense backend until you finished the setup process though.

AdSense calculates your income for the period of a full month. After the month ends, AdSense takes a few weeks to review your earnings and identify false impressions and clicks before finalizing the payment. This review is normally done by the 20th of the succeeding month. Google AdSense sends payments in the last week of the following month.

In a nutshell, this is a typical payment timeline, which begins the month after you generated your revenue.

Timelines could shift depending on the timezone you are in or if the day a specific action is taken falls on a weekend or bank holiday.

The payment itself may take some time, depending on the payment method. Here are some methods and the time they take until the money reaches you:

Checks by mail 1-2 weeks
Wire transfer 15 days
Rapida payments 15 days
A payment threshold is the minimal amount of earnings you need to gather in a row of months before getting paid. As you can see in the sample payment schedule below, you won’t get paid for the month you earned only $40, but when you earned $90 the next month you earned a total of $130 and are eligible to get paid by AdSense in the succeeding month.

U.S. Dollar $100
Euro €70
British Pound £60
Yen ¥8000
Australian Dollar A$100
The payment threshold is probably the most important for you, but there are three other types of thresholds for earnings connected with actions in AdSense:

Cancellation threshold
You can review the detailed list of thresholds, but as a rough orientation the threshold for all of them is the equivalent amount of $10 or €10.

The numbers you see in your performance reports are called estimated earnings. AdSense needs until the 3rd of the next month to finalize your earnings and display the result in your account under Payments > Transactions.

The reason for the difference between both numbers are invalid clicks and impressions. Google doesn’t disclose information about how they distinguish those clicks, but one of those invalid activities is clicking on ads on your own site. If you violate the AdSense policy too often, you might even get banned from the network and lose the whole outstanding payments.

If you – for any reason – don’t want to get paid for the next payment period, you can increase your payment threshold or schedule the next payout to postpone the AdSense payment for some time.

Sign in to your account.
Select Payments.
Go to Manage settings.
Click Save.
You can hold payments for the current month only, if you issued the hold before the 20th of that month.

In case you didn’t receive your payment but did complete your payment information, your overall income is above the payment threshold and due for more than 60 days, and no issue is displayed in your AdSense dashboard, you can request a reissue from AdSense.

In the following payment schedule I included some basic examples and actions for the payment process.

If you are a business – and in most countries you are when using Google AdSense on your site – you might want to get an invoice or payment receipt from AdSense for your tax office. You can find it in your payment history under Payments > View transactions.

From my own experience I recommend to check with your accountant or tax office and ask if they need more information, e.g. some stats from your performance report saying how many impressions or clicks you sold at which price.

As long as your country collects taxes, they probably won’t make an exception with your AdSense earnings. The amount of taxes you have to pay is of course too individual by each country and personal situation, so I am not able to cover it here in general.

nice write up

1 Like

Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Amowap2019(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
Pulsenaija:

select a payment method

Checks by mail 1-2 weeks
Wire transfer 15 days
Rapida payments 15 days

U.S. Dollar $100
Euro €70
British Pound £60
Yen ¥8000
Australian Dollar A$100

Cancellation threshold

Sign in to your account.
Select Payments.
Go to Manage settings.
Click Save.

nice write up
Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Hushy2019: 5:53am On Apr 11, 2019
@pulsenaija I want to start a blog like urs I just need an AdSense plz am broke help a brother
Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by FotNews247: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2019
Hushy2019:
@pulsenaija I want to start a blog like urs I just need an AdSense plz am broke help a brother

Adsense is easy to get. You’ll have it verified under 14days, so far you keep posting relevant contents and you drive traffic to you blog....

1 Like

Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Pulsenaija: 6:59am On Apr 11, 2019
Hushy2019:

You just need nice relevant content on your site to get approved
Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Hushy2019: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
Pulsenaija:

You just need nice relevant content on your site to get approved
do u have
Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Hushy2019: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
FotNews247:

Adsense is easy to get. You’ll have it verified under 14days, so far you keep posting relevant contents and you drive traffic to you blog....
plz do it for me
Re: Google Adsense Payment: How Nigerian Bloggers Make Money by Pulsenaija: 10:16am On Apr 12, 2019
Hushy2019:
do u have
You didn’t see Adsense on Pulsenaija ni?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Better Cearer Picture On My Website / Free Webmaster Ebooks And Alot More / Good Wordpress Theme And Editable Footer W/o Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.