Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan (13204 Views)

Breaking!!! Protest Rocks University Of Benin / Engineering Student Protests Rocks University Of Calabar / Success Adegor Rocks Her New School Bag From A Charity Organization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by ekestic1976(f): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nobodyperson:
1.98billion shocked
And since yesterday I haven't being able to get the #200 I need to barb my hair cry
It shall not be well with you poverty?

You need money to BARB your hair? Listen: the word "barb" has no relationship whatsoever with BARBER! As a matter of fact, "barb" is more connected to barbed wire than anything else. So, the right way of saying what I think you're saying is, I want to dress my hair, or I'm visiting my barber! You can only barb your hair if you attach those spike-like items some house owners install on their perimeter fence. But then, that would make you look weird, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by AngelicBeing: 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
HigherEd:
The problem is that UI's monthly wage bill of about 1.1 billion naira is entirely paid by FG just like other federal institutions. So once salaries come in from the university account most staff don't care how it came by but just wait for the next cycle.. Trouble only begin when the university is unable to pay salary as a result of shortfall from FG which happens once in a blue moon.
The question of how IGR is being spent must be thoroughly scrutinised. Most FG institutions make over a 100 million naira a month from campus businesses not to talk of fees that emanate from students. I'm glad people are finally asking these questions.
They should beg Oyedepo of covenant University to come and teach them financial accountability / auditing, what you see in UI is replicate in various citadel of learning in Nigeria, nonsense grin

1 Like

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by Amalekki: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
Some of these schools have been fooling Nigerians for a long time while those in charge are making a killing with government allocations and all the different revenues at their disposal. The fiscal records of each university should be public information and audits should be conducted at specific intervals but in Naija, it's like asking thief to catch thief in most cases.

1 Like

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by Nobodyperson: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
ekestic1976:

You need money to BARB your hair? Listen: the word "barb" has no relationship whatsoever with BARBER! As a matter of fact, "barb" is more connected to barbed wire than anything else. So, the right way of saying what I think you're saying is, I want to dress my hair, or I'm visiting my barber! You can only barb your hair if you attach those spike-like items some house owners install on their perimeter fence. But then, that would make you look weird, don't you think?
You can stick your moronic grammatical knowledge up your anus.
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Hi has been in the news.

Meanwhile,na lala and I only they view this thread cool
By the time traffic increases, lala will do justice
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
lets not forget Unical too..
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by brownsug(f): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
LaIabobo:
Fact!!!

I've always wondered what UI spends it's IGR on.
Despite the huge allocation from the FG and it's quasi autonomous status, this school should be wayyyy better than its current condition.

Unibadan PG school is the most patronised nationwide and makes up almost half of the entire students population. Their books need to be audited and probed.

Na pg school you dey talk, ui business school na die, the exploit students like shit

The FG needs open the books and probe all Federal Universities, beginning with UI.

Mtcheww

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by brownsug(f): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2019
adedehinbo:
same thing for unilag too, so many corrupt practices going on in that school is worst
pg and ui business school their own pass yahoo yahoo, them go dey say standard standard, the kin tin wey dem dey do ehn no be small

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

By the time traffic increases, lala will do justice

He has pushed it to the FP even before I made my post.
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by encryptjay(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
Seems we're never going to change in this country
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by poseidon12: 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
pDudd:
My Alma mats.

Greatest Kutites.

I hope you do support them financially.
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by Switruth: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Uniben is worse. No sign of life there. Just visit the school.

2 Likes

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by CodeTemplar: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
fistonati:
When the immediate past VC is now health Minister and the present VC is programmed for governorship. This government will sweep it under the carpet again.
You don't mean this? No wonder. They are envious of politicians.
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by olioxx(m): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nobodyperson:
1.98billion shocked
And since yesterday I haven't being able to get the #200 I need to barb my hair cry
It shall not be well with you poverty!
You better get a job and stop ranting " it shall not be well with poverty". Nobody is responsible for your poor state.
Stick that into your brain.
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by Switruth: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
olioxx:

You better get a job and stop ranting " it shall not be well with poverty". Nobody is responsible for your poor state.
Stick that into your brain.
. I tire oh.
Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by ekestic1976(f): 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nobodyperson:

You can stick your moronic grammatical knowledge up your anus.

You better learn now that you're not so old. It's ennobling learning new things, but PRIDE wouldn't let people like you. What unfortunate being was your English language teacher that forgot to teach you proper grammar? Could be you're so proud playing truancy, thinking you knew everything. Naughty boy, go get yourself an English dictionary, if internet surfing would let you. Never seen a more obdurate entity like you in all my life. I advise you go BARB not only your hair, but your naughty head also.

1 Like

Re: N1.98bn Scam Rocks University Of Ibadan by ultiabaz36(m): 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adewole oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Olayinka oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Make una pack your load and follow me, ayaf prepare a two room self-contained for una in Kirikiri abi na Kuje una want.

Subair Blood will not let you rest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mike Omotosho 2015 Msc/bsc Scholarship In UK, Malaysia, India, Cyprus / Students, If ASUU Suspends The Strike Today, When Will You Resume? / DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.