Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th (1120 Views)

Poll: Which side will get a win?

Barcelona: 100% (7 votes)
Panathinaikos: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 / Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 / UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by Cristalz(f): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2010
Wounded Barcelona will look to banish the memories of their shock defeat to Hercules when they begin their Champions League campaign against Panathinaikos tomorrow night.
Promoted Hercules caused one of the biggest upsets in recent Primera Division history after claiming a 2-0 win over two-time reigning champions Barca at the Nou Camp on Saturday.
That was Barca's first home league defeat since May 2009 - when a second-string side lost 1-0 to Osasuna with the Catalan giants having already clinched the title - and the home fans did not hide their displeasure as the players left the field.
However, Barca have a swift chance to make amends as they are back in action at the Nou Camp tomorrow, when Pep Guardiola's side begin what they hope will end up with a successful return to Wembley stadium next summer.
Barca won the first of their three European Cup crowns at the old Wembley stadium back in 1992.
Looking ahead to the Champions League, which Villa will be playing in for the first time in two years having this summer moved to Barca from Valencia, the Spanish World Cup winner said of his side's hopes of lifting the title again in London: "We need to take it step by step.

"The first thing is to beat Panathinaikos. It's important to start well because the group phase is not like a regular league. There are a lot less games and a slip-up can really complicate things.''
Although he still sent out a strong side against Hercules, Guardiola omitted some of his senior players for the match with one eye on the visit of Panathinaikos and it could be that Xavi, Sergio Busquets, Carles Puyol and Dani Alves will return to the first XI.

Panathinaikos warmed up for their daunting trip to Spain - where they have lost on 10 of 11 previous visits to the Iberian nation, drawing the other - with a 1-0 away win over Aris Thessaloniki on Saturday, Djibril Cisse netting the winner from the penalty spot just before half-time.

That lifted Nikos Nioplias' side up to third spot in the league standings having drawn their opening game 1-1 at home to Xanthi.

Giorgos Karagounis and Nikos Spyropoulos sat out the Aris victory having returned from Greece duty with injuries.

ESPN
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by medjai(m): 6:14am On Sep 14, 2010
Pana's previous visits to Camp Nou have ended with defeats. A 5-0 drubbing in the group stage of the 05/06 champions league and another 3-1 defeat in the 01/02 quarter-final. They are our regular customers
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by medjai(m): 6:29am On Sep 14, 2010
Pique is a doubt for this one. Heard he might be rested following the injury he sustained to the head during the weekend. I dont know if Puyol will be fit enough to play.
Expect Xavi and Busquets to make a return to the starting XI. Masc might have his Barca champs league from the bench
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by yousouph(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2010
maximum points to barca plus maximum shishi grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by ogazi007(m): 9:12am On Sep 14, 2010
Puyol had gotten medical clearance to play before our last game,pep only rested him to be fully fit for the CL showdown tonight.

I would not be suprised if i see pique on the starting line up or better still puyol should pair millito.pep should stop experimenting risk as i am always

close to heart attack every time we played  Abidal as a CB.he is manageable as a LB.i really wanna see our first eleven tonight,and we will have to be

careful not to screw up this chance to reintroduce ourselves to the rest of the clubs in Europe that we are still the team to beat in CL.Hercules might

have caught us off guard but how many clubs would  be that fortunate again to pick a point in camp nou.we are winning.

forza Barca.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2010
ogazi007:

Puyol had gotten medical clearance to play before our last game,pep only rested him to be fully fit for the CL showdown tonight.

I would not be suprised if i see pique on the starting line up or better still puyol should pair millito.pep should stop experimenting risk as i am always

close to heart attack every time we played  Abidal as a CB.he is manageable as a LB.i really wanna see our first eleven tonight,and we will have to be

careful not to screw up this chance to reintroduce ourselves to the rest of the clubs in Europe that we are still the team to beat in CL.Hercules might

have caught us off guard but how many clubs would  be that fortunate again to pick a point in camp nou.we are winning.

forza Barca.

I love that, we will be back to our winning ways to night. up Barca
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2010
any link pls
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by Pharoh: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2010
Lol i laugh in catalonia grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2010
Pharoh:

Lol i laugh in catalonia grin

you can even laugh in bundesligaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by medjai(m): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2010
Barca 3-1 up HT. That's what I'm talking about
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
medjai:

4-1 go boys
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by Pharoh: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2010
scantee:

you can even laugh in bundesligaaaaaaaaaaa

I dey support una na. cool
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2010
medjai:

5-1 go boys
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by jalether(m): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2010
When  Panathinaikos scored, I thought barca were in for another herculecious night.

Class prevailed in the end
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by medjai(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
could have been 6 and a Messi hatrick. He missed a penalty.
Valencia won too. Good for the La liga
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by Johnnny(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2010
Up Barca!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by dipo2much(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2010
Barca won 5-1 deservedly,but it must be said that Panathinaikos was terrible to watch. I havent seen a team perform to bad in the UCL in a while. They are phucking disgrace. The idiOts no fit hold ball for 5 seconds
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by ogazi007(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2010
Its not panathiniakos fault,it is just the usual way Almighty Barca makes other bigger clubs in Europe looks very ordinary.its always difficult to earn a

point in camp nou.Rubin Kazan did it last season,Hercules has done it this season and i am afraid other clubs will have to wait till next season for their

chance,
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2010
ogazi007:

Its not panathiniakos fault,it is just the usual way Almighty Barca makes other bigger clubs in Europe looks very ordinary.its always difficult to earn a

point in camp nou.Rubin Kazan did it last season,Hercules has done it this season and i am afraid other clubs will have to wait till [b]next season [/b]for their

chance,

Next two season
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by medjai(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2010
I really love yesterdays line up. It's what I've been waiting to see up front-Messi on the left, Pedro on the right and Villa as the centre forward and the result as we can all see is very deadly. It was great to see fit again Puyol and Pique at the back again.
Panathinaikos only had one shot all the through game and fortunately they scored from it. They had no corner. Posession was 86% for Barcelona and 14% for Pana. We more than dominated them
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos [5 - 1] On Tues, September 14th by scantee(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2010
Barcelona Vs Panathinaikos FC, Match statistics

MATCH STATS
Barcelona Panathinaikos
Shots (on Goal) 28(12) 1(1)
Fouls 9 17
Corner Kicks 4 0
Offsides 3 1
Time of Possession 86% 14%
Yellow Cards 0 1
Red Cards 0 0
Saves 0 7

what a game.

(1) (Reply)

Financially-ill Chelsea To Axe Drogba, Mikel, Malouda And Co This Summer / Spanish La Liga Best XI VS English Premier League Best Xi,who Wins? / Top Five Most Controversial Premier League Players Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.