Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored (28422 Views)

Sold »For Sale: Sawmill With Minimum of #4k Income Daily / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JasonScoolari: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2019
sexyking1:

DAT pics is from the driver's whatsapp status bro. No disgrace urself
Disgrace myself? You dey pay Jason to comment? grin

Some dumb folks though. cheesy
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by SoftBread01: 7:16am On Apr 12, 2019
A nairalander with this moniker "Petonis" did this same thing to me on Monday and till this moment, he's yet to refund the 5k paid into this account 0701188261 PETER ONIMISI FRANCIS Access bank. He even brought down his picture so he wouldn't be tracked down. Such a petty thief he is. Here is his phone number 08065125262 and his account details were sent through this line 08033433910. Please, nairalanders help me track this thief down. Thank you.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I find this story hard to believe.

Question number 1; Why did you decide to give the driver extra N1500? Did he drive you above SEA level to warrant such magnanimity? Or it's your usual way of showing off to your social media friends?

Question Number 2; How come you had so much time to take the driver some pictures? Is it a way of telling your social media friends that you're balling hard with your "Personal" Driver?

Question Number 3; You were able to post the pictures of the driver and your WhatsApp "chat" easily, what stops you to post a screen shot evidence of the amount deducted "mistakenly?

Dem need u 4 WAEC undecided
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JasonScoolari: 7:18am On Apr 12, 2019
SoftBread01:
A nairalander with this moniker "Petonis" did this same thing to me on Monday and till this moment, he's yet to refund the 5k paid into his account. He even brought down his picture so he wouldn't be tracked down. Such a petty thief he is.
Sorry about that.

Lesson learnt the hard way.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by handsomeyinka(m): 7:36am On Apr 12, 2019
D1zion:
that's true my brother. Thanks for that question. I don't know why some people behaves like children here,very senseless. See question he's asking. This forum get some stupid people that don't deserve to be registered honestly.
Lol....you nailed it..Thanks

1 Like

Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by dayleke: 7:45am On Apr 12, 2019
Lexusgs430:

About tipping, no big deal tipping excessively, if the driver provided a decent service.......

Thank you bro.
That might be "alien" to some pples.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by SoftBread01: 7:49am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Sorry about that.

Lesson learnt the hard way.

I feel really bad since my coursemate made the transfer with his phone. Just to show you how greedy the scammer is, he admitted to have gotten that amount but insisted I complete the money for the phone and that wasn't our agreement. Right now, he's using the excuse of me bringing it on to Nairaland not to refund it.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by dayleke: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2019
PRAGMATISM:
What a pity!!! That's why some people can't progress. Wouldn't he exhaust the money in a matter of days?
Anyway i had similar experience while driving for Lyft. I picked one black American (Akata) who threatened to blow my head when next he see me. immediately i left the scene, i thought of calling 911 to make a report but later decided to call Lyft to log the complaint and the identity of the passenger was noted for necessary action.
Also there was a case of a missing Nigeria girl involving a uber driver, unfortunately she eventually died but the driver was tracked down in a matter of few days.
So its possible to track him

All dis na for Yankee now.

When you mentioned "Lyft", I knew na Yankee things
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JasonScoolari: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2019
SoftBread01:

I feel really bad since my coursemate made the transfer with his phone. Just to show you how greedy the scammer is, he admitted to have gotten that amount but insisted I complete the money for the phone and that wasn't our agreement. Right now, he's using the excuse of me bringing it on to Nairaland not to refund it.
How about you quietly trace the location of the useless fool?
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by foreshore(m): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Vicdayz:
@Gistvic.com

A Nigerian Man calls out a taxify driver who drove him from ogba to surulere with a normal amount of #2500 but decide to give him extra #1500 making it #4000. But things went around when he mistakenly send 40k to the taxify man instead of #4k which the man has refused to refund back. Gistvic Reports.

The man said its been 3 days now with nothing be done to the situation.

See More Photos And Video Below:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/04/man-calls-out-taxify-driver-who-he.html

This is very simple na, just lodge a complaint with taxify and they will sanction him and you will get your money back.
It's a regulated sector so no issues
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by yinchar(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Stupid and Meaningless, but you took your time and energy to reply a stupid question. grin

I can see how stupid one can be. cheesy

I was trying to contribute my quota to the country by dashing you some sense, which was obvious you were lacking.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JasonScoolari: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2019
yinchar:

I was trying to contribute my quota to the country by dashing you some sense, which was obvious you were lacking.
Your dad needs it more bro.

My regards to him.

1 Like

Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by SoftBread01: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
How about you quietly trace the location of the useless fool?

I'm not based in Lagos since that's where he resides. Please, I would gladly appreciate your efforts and that of others who are going to assist in tracking him down since he said I'm already a loser to have brought it to Nairaland. Here are his details 08065125262, with account number 0701188261 PETER ONIMISI FRANCIS Access bank and the account number was sent through this line 08033433910 on Monday. Thank you.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JasonScoolari: 8:15am On Apr 12, 2019
SoftBread01:

I'm not based in Lagos since that's where he resides. Please, I would gladly appreciate your efforts and that of others who are going to assist in tracking him down since he said I'm already a loser to have brought it to Nairaland. Here are his details 08065125262, with account number 0701188261 PETER ONIMISI FRANCIS Access bank and the account number was sent through this line 08033433910 on Monday. Thank you.
I will try my best. But next time, be careful about any online transaction even if you're dealing with your pastor or loved one.

1 Like

Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by SoftBread01: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I will try my best. But next time, be careful about any online transaction even if you're dealing with your pastor or loved one.

Lesson learnt the hard way. Thank you so much, sir.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by Skiilashi(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2019
People do not listen and will continue to make same mistake.

Taxify or uber will not even sanction the driver because the customers do not always want to stick to the policy guide lines.

The major policy for payment is cash or card only!!!

Transfer is at the customers or drivers risk if any thing goes wrong.

Carry your cross bro!!
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by EmekaBlue(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2019
he don use ur money go stake 2sure odds first...if e enter goodluck he go pay u but if not......u know d rest
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by Tonysmith4sure(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Question number 1; Why did you decide to give the driver extra N1500? Did he drive you above SEA level to warrant such magnanimity? Or it's your usual way of showing off to your social media friends?

Question Number 2; How come you had so much time to take the driver some pictures? Is it a way of telling your social media friends that you're balling hard with your "Personal" Driver?

Question Number 3; You were able to post the pictures of the driver and your WhatsApp "chat" easily, what stops you to post a screen shot evidence of the amount deducted "mistakenly?

OMG.........now this is a critical thinker. Oversabi d worry u abeg

1 Like

Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JasonScoolari: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2019
Tonysmith4sure:

OMG.........now this is a critical thinker. Oversabi d worry u abeg
grin
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by Banter1(m): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:

let me tell you this bro, every person i am dealing with for the first time, i secretly take their picture or try to get any other form of evidence without them knowing. you can't trust people this days. i am that type of nigga that records all my phone conversations. even chatting one on one with you, i will secretly record it without you knowing. you just can't trust anybody this days.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by sacajawea: 8:59am On Apr 12, 2019
yinchar:

Stupid irrelevant questions

1st Question: If he decides to be generous what’s your problem with that.

2nd Question: Common sense he got the drivers picture from his profile.

3rd Question: when did you become monitoring spirit or Police asking for the payment screenshot.

All these you questions are meaningless because the driver acknowledged that extra payment made, and he needs to refund the money back.

There is no justification for holding on to money that’s not yours.
That Boy is a Very Foolish Guy, don't Listen to Him He is not Smart
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by hush15: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2019
SageMK:
It's a shame that most Nigerians lack empathy.

Which stupid empathy? its simple, its either a card trip or a cash trip. not transfer or pos trip. Since you have money in the bank, why not just run a card trip? riders do this often and they blame the driver. what if it is one of those accounts that has issues, how is it the drivers problem? Alot of riders even use it to fraud the driver posting fake transfers.

he should take heart and next time, choose and act accordingly to the specified payment options. honestly, i wont return one dime cos i didnt any alert.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by shogsman(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2019
elkharpone:
the guy is just brainless
Just look at stupid questions he's asking
Person go just cool down say him no wan get common sense
If you notice his post is just driving to a particular point, that the guy is forming on social media
I think Oga is just suffering from low self esteem.

Lmao
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by hush15: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
thief driver will call it "blessing from above"....

the stupid rider should have stopped at the ATM. Its call a cash trip for a reason...
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by hush15: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2019
ainas247:
shocked imagine just 40k, and the driver cant refund...
how can we make Nigeria a better place...

Rank your business to Google page 1
check out result from clients

hard truths. Nigeria cant be a better place when riders cant even stick to a simple contract. Am sure the driver didnt know that he would be doing a transfer till he ensed his trip and the poor guy would be expecting cash.

Riders need to understand that drivers too dont have time to be going to ATMs to cash cos they are mostly driving and providing service. At any point can you need to be liquid often times, they rely on the cash collected while driving around and we all understand the crazy nature of our society. If you choose cash trip and you happen to pick a driver who is excited for such cash trips to raise funds to meet urgent demands, on completing the ride, pay cash. dont do transfers. Instead of doing transfers, why not just pick a card trip instead.

we cant blame the driver for it. nah, we cant
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by poseidon12: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2019
Harddiskng:
When I tell people Do not attempt to help your fellow Nigerian they say I am wicked grin

This won’t have happened if the man just paid the exact amount of his fare and went about his business.

Again Do not attempt to help a Nigerian. Drink water and mind your business. Don’t interfere with what God is doing in their life grin

Yeah right, smarty pants. I guess you are a superman who can make it in life without help from anyone. You have probably received help from a lot of people in the past. Stop being selfish. No man or woman is an island.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by lomprico(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:

1.so one cannot show Magnanimity again? I give extra when am moved to

2. He got the pic from his whatsapp profile. Duh!

3. U wanna see his acct balance?
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by JOMAX: 9:50am On Apr 12, 2019
handsomeyinka:

You too like questions...Are you the driver?

before nko' ...? shebi na you be the driver LAWYER?
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by lomprico(m): 9:52am On Apr 12, 2019
Acedave1:
you get brain, he tink all of us na fool

Unfortunately you are one for reason like him.
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by Pain(m): 9:52am On Apr 12, 2019
POVERTY NA BASTARD
Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by lomprico(m): 9:53am On Apr 12, 2019
namiji2598:

fourthly was he drunk or what
all these story na wash jare..only a fool can believe such story, and.how did he got the picture and number of the driver

Chai Mumu plenty here o

1 Like

Re: Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored by Alonge25: 10:10am On Apr 12, 2019
nextstep:
He's a Taxify driver... report him to the company. Why is this an issue?
As simple as you stated. You got him through the company, then make report.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) / Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.