Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition? (1202 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition / N90million Koenigsegg Regera’s Key Is The Most Expensive Car Key In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition? by Naijautonews: 8:05am On Apr 12, 2019
1. Gear lever not in park position
In times of hurry, we forget to do certain things we ought to do. Car manufacturers have programmed cars in such a way that, unless your gear lever is in park position, you won’t be able to remove your car key. You can try to remove it all day, but nothing is going to change.

Even drivers who have been driving for long sometimes forget this. The solution is this; calm your nerves from whatever is getting you distracted, and then check the position of your gear level. If it’s not in park mode, simply push it in that direction. Afterwards, gently remove your key.

Making it mandatory for your car to be in park mode before removing your key from the ignition is a safety measure in your best interest.

2. Damaged key
Do you ever wonder what those tiny spaces in keys are used for? As little as they are, every single hole is very important if your key must work properly. If your car key refuses to be removed from the ignition, there’s the possibility that one or two holes are damaged. Hence, there’s wrong movement.

Your car key may be made of steel, but it’s very delicate. And that’s because a little crash can affect the key’s settings, causing a mismatch.

A car key stuck as a result of this is difficult to rectify on your own because it requires technical skills to be fixed. To save yourself the trouble, ensure that you keep your key in good condition. Don’t throw it around like a play object. If you notice any crack or broken piece, don’t continue to use it like that, ensure that it’s fixed.

3. Locked steering wheel
Your key isn’t turning an inch if your steering wheel is locked. The ignition cylinder is in sync with the steering wheel. Unless the steering is released to function, pulling out your key is impossible.

To fix this, deactivate the wheel lock. Gentle shake the steering wheel and tactfully remove your key from the ignition. Most people forget to turn their key completely counter clockwise before removing it. Take it all the way down, and pull it out.

Pulling out your key, forcefully, when it’s stuck in the ignition is only going to cause more damage. Try the steps discussed above. If you exhaust your options and your key still refuses to come out, simply call the attention of a mechanic. Equipped with the right skills, they know exactly what to do.

Source: https://naijauto.com/safe-driving/car-key-stuck-in-the-ignition-2712

Re: Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition? by Odetokun3(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2019
Ve Been q victim of the first one before. My mama car buh na my gf I carry that day
Re: Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition? by carsnazi(f): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2019
Odetokun3:
Ve Been q victim of the first one before. My mama car buh na my gf I carry that day

Poor u bro! how ur gf react?
Re: Why Your Car Key Is Stuck In The Ignition? by Odetokun3(m): 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
carsnazi:

Poor u bro! how ur gf react?

She was confused at first. But she later showed me the car still dey D1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2003 / Tesla Cybertruck Becomes The First Ever Produced Electric Truck In The Universe / Catalyst Converter / Oxygen Sensor Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.