Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate (9175 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Faleke Picks Mohammed Audu As Running Mate / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Mobinga: 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
When I saw this I was shocked. . .
Peter Odili did absolutely nothing, Absolutely Nothing, in RiversState. . .
All he did was share the money among his loyalists.

Governor Rotimi Amaechi is a billion (raised to the power of another billion) times better than Peter Odili. . .
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by oluite(f): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2010
These two have the capacity to reduce our nation to a banana republic!!
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Pribo(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2010
The two robbers that were crucified with Christ are coming back to life. BABANGIDA AND ODILI, what a combination. This duo can only win elections in hell. They think we dont know. Allah and God would punish them.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by BigB11(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2010
This is not a done deal, I believe that IBB is currently looking at 2 other folks for this position. If you do know 1 or 2 things about IBB, you will understand that IBB doesn't reveal things just for no reason.

Let us wait and see what happens in the next few days.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by bisiaet: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2010
Lets wait for IBB to confirm it then we shall know what next. The issue of presidency and running mate is no secret, soon all will be unviell so no qualms at the moment over just a mere speculations
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Eboski(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
Thief pick thief= loot odili is the problems of river state.ibb is the major problem of nija. Ibb+odili=thief[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Ericology(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2010
Tired of people who know absolutely nothing about the SE and Igbos always analyzing our stands,  I am from River state, my baptism card still bears Obigbo but Okilo has changed it to Oyigbo to sound un-Igbo, lol.  I have everything in common with our neighbours in Asa and Ukwa in Abia state but Justice Maman Nasir's boundary adjustments made me a Rivers state man
      What am trying to say is that Rivers is a state and not an ethnic group, Igbo is an ethnic group and not only restricted in the SE states only, I never needed a translator when i travelled to Onicha, Owerri, or Aba  although i had problems understanding Nsukka folks during my university days in UNN(dats a funny dialect anyway,lol), and if some people for stupid and political reasons claim not to be igbo while eating, speaking, looking, wearing and being everything Igbo like me, then thats their own personal problems, I rest my case
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Solomon227(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ Big looter
This is not a done deal, I believe that IBB is currently looking at 2 other folks for this position. If you do know 1 or 2 things about IBB, you will understand that IBB doesn't reveal things just for no reason.

Let us wait and see what happens in the next few days.

If your master likes he should throw up Ikemba name as a possible running mate to course confusion as usual he is a looser.

In case u are still in doubt of who runs the show in 2010 Naija PDP. As all of u Devil's disciples will be celebrating d coming of his doomsday on Wednesday, GEJ has commanded all PDP true stakeholder to meet him in Aso Rock for an emergency NEC meeting @ dsame time.

My dream of seeing the Devil disgraced and paid back in his own coin is fast coming to reality.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
With all that has been said and unsaid about IBB . . . .The man seems to be the only one that is open and playing the politics the way it is ought to be played.
The only one that is campaigning, the only one that is talking to people and talking about what he wanna do and wont do.

This getting really interesting
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Donmeca(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
Odili is not and can never be Igbo! Meanwhile, what tells any of u dat IBB or even Jonathan will hand over to anybody but himself in 2015 when the constitution allows them 2nd term? I get sick of this Igbo 2015 Presidency each time I hear of it. It is not Possible with the recent turn of events. we should start reasoning with the right side of our brains in dis country.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by BigB11(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2010
Jonathan can call emergency FEDECO meeting if he wants, but the fact remain the same and very simple.
You can not ask a chicken to give birth to a lion, it is completely impossible.

We have leader, but we also have leader that leads other leaders.
My advise for you is to simmer down and allow time to tell.

Vote IBB 2011.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Bright2(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2010
Odili my Brother please come back home,let Ibb play his game his own way.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by ojimboIV: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2010
ibb is his own worst enemy.

he has jumped the gun to pick a running mate. showing that he still has dictatorship problems.

he's better off forming a new nation in his backyard and being president there.

pssst. . . ibb they are scamming you. grin grin
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Solomon227(m): 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ Big looter
Jonathan can call emergency FEDECO meeting if he wants, but the fact remain the same and very simple.
You can not ask a chicken to give birth to a lion, it is completely impossible.

We have leader, but we also have leader that leads other leaders.
My advise for you is to simmer down and allow time to tell.

Vote IBB 2011.

I see u are worked up! U shouldnt be.

We dont need a lion dat killed Vatsa, MKO, Dele-Giwa and we have been listening to u by voting for him in Ibadan and Abeokuta and we shall keep voting for him in d same format.

We will settle for a chicken that will not annul others elction or close down newspapers for airing descenting opinions. We shall follow a chicken that will not kill his best friend. We have decided to stick to the chicken that believe in the youth.

Time is already telling and your Demon is loosing out big time!
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Donmeca(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

With all that has been said and unsaid about IBB . . . .The man seems to be the only one that is open and playing the politics the way it is ought to be played.
The only one that is campaigning, the only one that is talking to people and talking about what he wanna do and wont do.

What has he told u he "wanna do and wont do"? He is d only one who is jittery and wants to spend his loots lest his pocket burst. period.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by BigB11(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
Solomon the brick layer.
You really think I'm all worked up over the rubbish you have been posting? If you think so, then you don't know me.

There is absolutely no reason to break a sweat or raise blood pressure over this issue.
We have strong confidence that IBB will become our president and immediately makes great things happen again in this country.

We are here as grown men not to fight, but to rescue our lovely country.

Vote IBB 2011
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by whizkid10(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
IBB is hading salt to injury,he better go and look for another scapegoat than the rejected ODILI.Or dont he knw that ODILI dosnt even come to the zone again.losers.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by md4real(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2010
the odili candidacy is just a rumor purely cos of his closeness to the IBB campaign coordinator(Dokpesi). a reliable source said the vice presidential candidate will be former senate president Ken Nnamani. watch out!
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Mkpotu(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2010
@BLUETOOTH, u and this your bias for Igbo in all your posts, u better keep your mind open and discuss issues as they come. I do appreciate your contributions in some topics but for your every minute bias for Igbo, I totally disagree with you. So stop being mischievous and unnecessarily annoying. There is no nobody that doesn't know that we have Yorubas are not only in the West but you can equally see them in the North like Kwara and Kogi, the likes of Olusola /Bukola Sarakis(Kwara, North Central), Smart Adeyemi (Senator Kogi, north central)etc. One of the reasons why Bukola Saraki is contesting is because he believes being a muslim from the North, the Northerners will vote for him and being a Yoruba person, by the time he runs back to his brothers in South West, they will vote for him. So this is politics, I suppose you hide your naivety except as usual, you continue to be mischievous.

Back to topic,

IBB and Odili, I don't think that is a good one, but if actually it is true, then IBB's maradona tendencies may not all that favor him this time around. IBB picking Odili is basically to split Jonathan's vote in the South South and South East, this is because, Odili being a former Governor of Rivers (Niger Delta) he can split Jonathan's vote in South South, then by virtue of his tribe/ethnicity; being Igbo, he will use it to get more votes from the South East. But the problem is that Odili did not do much as the Governor of Rivers and IBB himself has a lot on his neck.

Anyway, the game is still on, we are watching,
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Solomon227(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ Big looter
Solomon the brick layer.
You really think I'm all worked up over the rubbish you have been posting? If you think so, then you don't know me.

There is absolutely no reason to break a sweat or raise blood pressure over this issue.
We have strong confidence that IBB will become our president and immediately makes great things happen again in this country.

We are here as grown men not to fight, but to rescue our lovely country.

Vote IBB 2011

I get excited when I have a good assignment to bring down anything Evil like u and your master!

While u display confidence all your countenances say otherwise. The Demon and its followers are jittery and that shows in all your posts.

Rescue our lovely country! I cannot stop laughing, the same country you threw into perpetual pandemonium in 1993 by annuling a free/fair election, the same country u impoverished the people by implementing IMF and SAP program inspite of widespread opposition, the same country you killed innocent and unarmed ABU students, the same country u parcel a letter bomb to Dele Giwa because he was going to reveal your addiction to drug, the same country you promised 4 times to hand over power to civilian in the name of God and failed all the times, the same country to put a bomb on the plane of young and innocent military officers, the same country where you looted 12.5 Billion dollars including the 7.5 Billion pounds in UK.

We are much wiser and battle-ready to send you to where you belong which is the hottest part of the hell. For all u Devil's disciples u shall all witness sorrow like Vatsa widow and orphans, U shall all b thrown in eternal agony like Dele Giwa's family and finally may the Demon kill all of u with his own hand Insha Allah
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Ericology(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2010
Nigerians are funny, cant you read the post b4 commenting?  The title is misleading,, holding consultations with Odili doesnt mean picking him as VP. he might need him in some other ways to peel off some SS votes from Goodluck, haha 4 una
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by seanet02: 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2010
IBB is bound to fail WOEFULLY
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by naso2(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

My grouse is not where you copied this from, it is actually why you feel this is the right place to paste it. Ok now tell me what IBB has been saying and what he wants to do? like promising the SE 2015 and picking odili as VP?
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Nnaboys: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
That is it. IBB is the man . Watch out for that partnership. It will produce the best government Nigeria has ever had. When the time comes, don`t forget I said it first. I wish IBB is registered to see how I am rooting for him so He won`t disappoint me at the end.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Gayigaskia(m): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Big looter
I get excited when I have a good assignment to bring down anything Evil like u and your master!

While u display confidence all your countenances say otherwise. The Demon and its followers are jittery and that shows in all your posts.

Rescue our lovely country! I cannot stop laughing, the same country you threw into perpetual pandemonium in 1993 by annuling a free/fair election, the same country u impoverished the people by implementing IMF and SAP program inspite of widespread opposition, the same country you killed innocent and unarmed ABU students, the same country u parcel a letter bomb to Dele Giwa because he was going to reveal your addiction to drug, the same country you promised 4 times to hand over power to civilian in the name of God and failed all the times, the same country to put a bomb on the plane of young and innocent military officers, the same country where you looted 12.5 Billion dollars including the 7.5 Billion pounds in UK.

We are much wiser and battle-ready to send you to where you belong which is the hottest part of the hell. For all u Devil's disciples u shall all witness sorrow like Vatsa widow and orphans, U shall all b thrown in eternal agony like Dele Giwa's  family and finally may the Demon kill all of u with his own hand Insha Allah

Do you really live in London? 12.5 Billion dollars, there is country on earth where you can take 12.5 billion dollars without someone having a palpable proof of that. There is no place on earth to hide all that money. They said that against Mobutu when he died they merely found some millions dollars.
I'm not saying IBB did not steal, but the figure is over bloated and the sad part is that 99% of Nigerians will steal from their government if they had the chance.
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by slex(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2010
IBB has just shot himself in the leg , that is even if he had a chance of being voted by the ibos
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Solomon227(m): 4:02pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ Gayigaskia

Do you really live in London? 12.5 Billion dollars, there is country on earth where you can take 12.5 billion dollars without someone having a palpable proof of that. There is no place on earth to hide all that money. They said that against Mobutu when he died they merely found some millions dollars.
I'm not saying IBB did not steal, but the figure is over bloated and the sad part is that 99% of Nigerians will steal from their government if they had the chance.

Are u just emigrating from Sudan or Niger republic. So it is now news to u that IBB mismanaged 12.5 Billion oil windfalls between 1985-1993?

IBB has a confirmed total of 7.5 Billion pounds here in UK.

A MEMO RELEASED BY THE WORLD BANK IN JULY 2009 OF NIGERIAN LOOTERS EXCLUDING THOSE DURING THE OBASANJO ERA LISTED IBB ASSETS IN FOREIGN BANKS AT $24.91bn. HE HAS 6.25bn IN LONDON; 7.41bn IN SWISS BANK; 2.00bn IN USA AND 9.00bn IN GERMANY.
THERE 21 PEOPLE LISTED.THE INDIVIDUALS THAT HAD THE SMALLEST DEPOSITS WERE TY DANJUMA AND GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI WITH $1.2bn .
IN ALL THE TOTAL LOOT BY THESE INDIVIDUALS WAS $165.00bn
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by BigB11(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2010
In this country today, when it comes down to Nigeria, Nigerians, political strategy,and leadership, IBB still remains the most competent and smartest entity among all politicians available.
He just doesn't make any move for no reason; he listens, he monitors, he analyses and troubleshoots effectively and efficiency before making any move.
IBB is not a foolish man, he completely understands that the selection of his VP is the key and plays major role in winning the election.
Don't be fooled, I honestly don't think IBB will pick Odeli as his VP.

1. This entity (VP) can not be revealed this way.
2. This entity will be young, loving, lovable, educated, articulate, charismatic and newly discovered.
3. This entity will be 100 percent an Igbo man with absolutely no question.
4.This entity will be revealed when it counts the most.

I'm not sure if Odeli matches this discription.

Let us all allow time to tell.

Vote IBB 2011
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Gayigaskia(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
@Solomon22

Matter of fact i'am half from Niger Republic, and i heard about the 12.Billion but i never heard someone who has a paper proof or anything like that.
And let me tell you Many Nigerians live in Niger Republic and Chad, case in point my barber was ibo from Anambra, my business partner fro spear parts in an Ibo, my Mechanic is yoruba from oyo his name is Lateef. o what are you saying?
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2010
I find this news report hard to believe. I don't see how Babangida could decide to pick Odili for his running mate. This is Babangida we are talking of here, how can he make such a mistake?
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Gayigaskia(m): 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Gayigaskia

Are u just emigrating from Sudan or Niger republic. So it is now news to u that IBB mismanaged 12.5 Billion oil windfalls between 1985-1993?

IBB has a confirmed total of 7.5 Billion pounds here in UK.

A MEMO RELEASED BY THE WORLD BANK IN JULY 2009 OF NIGERIAN LOOTERS EXCLUDING THOSE DURING THE OBASANJO ERA LISTED IBB ASSETS IN FOREIGN BANKS AT $24.91bn. HE HAS 6.25bn IN LONDON; 7.41bn IN SWISS BANK; 2.00bn IN USA AND 9.00bn IN GERMANY.
THERE 21 PEOPLE LISTED.THE INDIVIDUALS THAT HAD THE SMALLEST DEPOSITS WERE TY DANJUMA AND GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI WITH $1.2bn .
IN ALL THE TOTAL LOOT BY THESE INDIVIDUALS WAS $165.00bn

I said it the same thing was said against Mobutu and only 6 million was found in his accounts and he ruled for 32 years.

Read this:

Swiss court release loot to Mobutu Sese Seko family.

DR Congo criticises Mobutu ruling

The Democratic Republic of Congo has criticised a Swiss court's decision to release the assets of its late ex-leader Mobutu Sese Seko to his family.

Information Minister Lambert Mende told the BBC that Switzerland had not done enough to ensure the money was given back to the people of DR Congo.

He said his country could not appeal against the decision because the legal process had ended.

More than $6m (£3.7m) frozen in Swiss bank accounts is being released.

Mobutu, who died in 1997, governed what was then known as Zaire for 32 years after taking power in a coup and was accused of embezzling billions of dollars of government money.

On Tuesday, the Swiss court ruled that the assets should be returned to his family, rejecting a bid to extend a freeze on them.

Switzerland had repeatedly blocked the release of the funds, said to have been gained illegally.

The court ruled that the DR Congo had waited too long to seek the return of the money.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h, ca/8151959.stm

Published: 2009/07/15 12:53:47 GMT

© BBC MMIX
Re: Babangida Picks Odili As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Bluetooth, a lot of Igbos are not against Jonathan. The NOI poll https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-513008.0.html shows more Igbos support him than other zones. Do not base your ignorant conclusions on nairaland

Don't base you conclusion on some factored poll.let me ask you,how many yoruba supported Obj before he became president and i can bet that he would have failed woefully if any opinion poll was conducted yet he became the president.I still maintain my stand that ibo are only going to be used by ibb,he has done it before to Ekwueme and he's still doing it now by making odili his choice of vice president who would only want to become president also in 2015.he should have made the road a smooth one by appointing an ibo vice president who would later succeed him i.e ibb finally wins in 2011
Mkpotu:

@BLUETOOTH, u and this your bias for Igbo in all your posts, u better keep your mind open and discuss issues as they come. I do appreciate your contributions in some topics but for your every minute bias for Igbo, I totally disagree with you. So stop being mischievous and unnecessarily annoying. There is no nobody that doesn't know that we have Yorubas are not only in the West but you can equally see them in the North like Kwara and Kogi, the likes of Olusola /Bukola Sarakis(Kwara, North Central), Smart Adeyemi (Senator Kogi, north central)etc. One of the reasons why Bukola Saraki is contesting is because he believes being a muslim from the North, the Northerners will vote for him and being a Yoruba person, by the time he runs back to his brothers in South West, they will vote for him. So this is politics, I suppose you hide your naivety except as usual, you continue to be mischievous.

Back to topic,

IBB and Odili, I don't think that is a good one, but if actually it is true, then IBB's maradona tendencies may not all that favor him this time around. IBB picking Odili is basically to split Jonathan's vote in the South South and South East, this is because, Odili being a former Governor of Rivers (Niger Delta) he can split Jonathan's vote in South South, then by virtue of his tribe/ethnicity; being Igbo, he will use it to get more votes from the South East. But the problem is that Odili did not do much as the Governor of Rivers and IBB himself has a lot on his neck.

Anyway, the game is still on, we are watching,  
This has nothing to do with tribalism at all but just my own opinion of dinning with the International Bad Boy and it's eventual consequence for the ibo.Nigeria politics is a game of permutation and making the right alignment is the most important thing here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools / Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash / Saraki Becomes Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.