Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister (18275 Views)

Over 163,000 Passengers Benefited From FG Transport Subsidy – Minister / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks / Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Malawian(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
I just pray so one of my tickets will enter, so i go buy another Solar Inverter for my shop. I bought one 3kva system for my apartment over 2 months ago, and i have not used my gen at home since then. If they like, they can then raise the pump price to 1,000. Ndi ara.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
freeman67:

The consequences would be that the price of anything that is transported be it; water, food, clothes, drugs etc and all services will increase. There will also be fresh demand for increase of salary because the so called increase that is meant to start by May 2019 was to measure cushion the effect of the former increase from 87-145.

At least the President has already told Nigerians to brace-up for the impact. Welcome to next level. We will all suffer before we enjoy later.

""We will all suffer before we enjoy later""

Paid buharist, I didn't grab that on time... grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Adaibeku(f): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
LZAA:
grin grin grin grin grin
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku
biko chukwu zobarum ndi igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Estaxy21211: 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
Funny government
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Estaxy21211: 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
Funny government, they said there was no more subsidy
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by collinsfhk(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
I weep for Nigeria. What measure has or is been taken to stop importation of fuel.

Still looking forward to a country.

Shame!
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by freeman67: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""We will all suffer before we enjoy later""

Paid buharist, I didn't grab that on time... grin

bigfish3k:

unending suffer before enjoyment. so when will the enjoyment come. my parents suffered austerity so that i can enjoy when am grown up, my parents also suffered S.A.P so that i can enjoy when am grown up, and so many other economic sufferings.
all those are just for me to enjoy when am grown up.
as u can see am now grown and am supposed to be enjoying, but these clowns at the helm of affairs in our country are asking me to endure and suffer so that my own children will enjoy. what rubbish. what cycle of suffering.
they dont mean well for us. given my experience, whats the guaranty that my children will enjoy when i finished another round of suffrering

We all don't have the same way of writing... Maybe because I did not add any funny emoji or start cursing you guys didn't see the intended sarcasm behind the we will all suffer before we enjoy statement...

I don't have a private refinery/ filling station or market where I will get anything at a lesser price.. We all go to the same market.. I know from personal experience that nothing increases and decrease in Nigeria... I am also part of the people that keeps paying for light and not seeing any improvement even though we keep hearing about it's increase on channels TV..
I know all that but I also know that my knowing that won't change any decision government decides to make so I have resolved to brace for the impact.... Las Las we will all leave through it.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by IMASTEX: 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2019
Nbote:
So what was it u ppl claimed to remove d last tym dat made Nigerians now pay 143 a litre? Despite d NNPC claiming repeatedly dat dey no longer pay subsidy but under-recovery? May God punish both d govt and its supporters
crazy politicians. Just say, they want to increase the pump price because of the useless #30,000 minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
Please somebody tell us why petrol was increased from 97 to 145 naria ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
MondayOsunbor:
Please somebody tell us why petrol was increased from 97 to 145 naria ?

Because at the time, landing cost was 132 naira while we were selling fuel at 87 naira.

Hence the increase.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2019
[quote author=bilulu post=77478985]
Not all Nigerians have short term memory, it was clearly spelled out that subsidy has been removed reason it was nolonger budgeted for. It was celebrated by all of u till when Dino burst the bubble again.... if actually the importers hiked their prices and it was still sold at #87 how come now dat it's only NNPC dats not hiking price we are buying at x2. don't forget how much we were paying for subsidy when Buhari and Co were shouting back then and how much we re paying now? [/quote
leave those people their antidot dey after death if you like preach from here till Jesus come their brain is fixed!
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
tactius:

Because at the time, landing cost was 132 naira while we were selling fuel at 87 naira.

Hence the increase.
what year was this?
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
erico2k2:

what year was this?

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by erico2k2(m): 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
tactius:

Name one country of the world where you can land petrol from at that cost, please
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2019
erico2k2:

Name one country of the world where you can land petrol from at that cost, please

I have no idea...I just read the papers, and accept the facts they give.

You can ask the Petroleum Ministry.

Thing is, I am not a Buhari, Atiku, PDP, APC or whatever supporter. I just think our country would get a better deal by removing subsidy so that all this landing cost things, fake claims, etc can be wiped off.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by erico2k2(m): 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
tactius:

I have no idea...I just read the papers, and accept the facts they give.

You can ask the Petroleum Ministry.

Thing is, I am not a Buhari, Atiku, PDP, APC or whatever supporter. I just think our country would get a better deal by removing subsidy so that all this landing cost things, fake claims, etc can be wiped off.
The reality is this, if subsidy is removed we are dead. They should tackle the corruption surrounding subsidy, this is the only thing the FG pays for to aid the common man why take it away? They should fix the refineries and that should sort the problem or better still, let private investors refine the oil and the FG regulate the price. This is the practice abroad. As we stand, there is nowhere in the world you can land petrol less than N250.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by PromiseUche(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
Goodluck Jonathan come & see your people o!
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
erico2k2:

The reality is this, if subsidy is removed we are dead. They should tackle the corruption surrounding subsidy, this is the only thing the FG pays for to aid the common man why take it away? They should fix the refineries and that should sort the problem or better still, let private investors refine the oil and the FG regulate the price. This is the practice abroad. As we stand, there is nowhere in the world you can land petrol less than N250.

On the other hand , if we keep subsidy

1. The downstream sector is going to be chronically starved of cash. There would be no money to repair or increase refining capacity.

2.Investment would be hindered chronically...and the prospect of new jobs would bereduced.

In 2001...gsm came to Nigeria. We were paying N30000 for SIM (I was a student at that time, and I recall when Vee Mobile..now Airtel...put a poster in our hostel advertising their N27000 package....a package most students won't have been able to afford).

The GSM companies made huge profits...which were reinvested in equipment, etc....and by 2006, the cost of SIM had fallen, services, which were bad in 2002 that someone could not make calls between networks easily had improved drastically.

We could do the same for fuel....and there might be hardship at first, but things would get better. That was the idea back in 2012...but Nigerians could not see what GEJ was intending. (I was a PDP opponent....still am, but I know a good deal when I see one)
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by erico2k2(m): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
tactius:

On the other hand , if we keep subsidy

1. The downstream sector is going to be chronically starved of cash. There would be no money to repair or increase refining capacity.

2.Investment would be hindered chronically...and the prospect of new jobs would bereduced.

In 2001...gsm came to Nigeria. We were paying N30000 for SIM (I was a student at that time, and I recall when Vee Mobile..now Airtel...put a poster in our hostel advertising their N27000 package....a package most students won't have been able to afford).

The GSM companies made huge profits...which were reinvested in equipment, etc....and by 2006, the cost of SIM had fallen, services, which were bad in 2002 that someone could not make calls between networks easily had improved drastically.

We could do the same for fuel....and there might be hardship at first, but things would get better. That was the idea back in 2012...but Nigerians could not see what GEJ was intending. (I was a PDP opponent....still am, but I know a good deal when I see one)
The petrol module is quite different from the GSM one as there is little room for improvement in the means of refining. That being said, I was talking along the line of making the business of building refineries private hence Atiku said he was going to sell NNPC to his friend people where shouting without knowing the true meaning of what it meant. Now if he sells NNPC that shifts the refining of crude to private investors whom in turn must make a profit, how they go about this is their own palava just like the Telcoms coy.which you agree with me. So the way to go is private refining. There is no way we as a country will survive if the subsidy is removed, anyone telling you that would happen is just playing politics, cos we cannot afford to live o n N400/litre,
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
erico2k2:

The petrol module is quite different from the GSM one as there is little room for improvement in the means of refining. That being said, I was talking along the line of making the business of building refineries private hence Atiku said he was going to sell NNPC to his friend people where shouting without knowing the true meaning of what it meant. Now if he sells NNPC that shifts the refining of crude to private investors whom in turn must make a profit, how they go about this is their own palava just like the Telcoms coy.which you agree with me. So the way to go is private refining. There is no way we as a country will survive if the subsidy is removed, anyone telling you that would happen is just playing politics, cos we cannot afford to live o n N400/litre,

Niger is poorer than we are, and fuel costs N397 per liter there

Benin too...fuel costs N298.

Cameroon fuel costs at least N350 per liter

I checked.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by erico2k2(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
tactius:

I checked.
Did you also check the population of people using cars there? its way less than Nigeria, look even the almighty USA are now buying EU cars since the cost of petrol went up.Besides, these countries do not have OIL

1 Like

Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by vineyardfarms: 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2019
vineyardfarms:
WHO IS A LIAR, THEIF, MANIPULATOR, DECIEVER, CHEAT AND SOLD OUT? APC? NNPC? PRESIDENCY? MINISTER LIAR? ALL WE KEEP HEARING ! NO SUBSIDY PAYMENT BY FG. NOW WORLD BANK HAS EXPOSED THE ONLY MR INTERGRITY. WHO IS FOOLNG WHO?
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by BigIyanga: 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
theenchanter:
which people? did u missed ur way? undecided

The only thing this administration did was that they revoked fuel importer license and asked nnpc alone to import fuel cos most fuel importers hiked their imports which doesn't correspond with what we consume according to nbs. The likes of otedola of forte oil were once importers.

And it made sense.... I dont know if u're aware of d subsidy scam some years ago sha.
What a lie. NNPC awarded import licenses to their cronies to import refined fuel.
https://www.nairaland.com/4845277/how-nnpc-used-funding-apcs
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 13, 2019
freeman67:

We all don't have the same way of writing... Maybe because I did not add any funny emoji or start cursing you guys didn't see the intended sarcasm behind the we will all suffer before we enjoy statement...

I don't have a private refinery/ filling station or market where I will get anything at a lesser price.. We all go to the same market.. I know from personal experience that nothing increases and decrease in Nigeria... I am also part of the people that keeps paying for light and not seeing any improvement even though we keep hearing about it's increase on channels TV..
I know all that but I also know that my knowing that won't change any decision government decides to make so I have resolved to brace for the impact.... Las Las we will all leave through it.

U really need to learn sarcasm.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by freeman67: 8:34am On Apr 13, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U really need to learn sarcasm.

Ok Sir...
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2019
tactius:

I checked.

Who is paying u to type this nonsense? Or is it just plain ignorance?

So Nigeria should have a seemingly unending Crude oil reserves and at the same time pay 350 naira per litre like countries that don't have crude oil? Gosh
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 13, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Who is paying u to type this nonsense? Or is it just plain ignorance?

So Nigeria should have a seemingly unending Crude oil reserves and at the same time pay 350 naira per litre like countries that don't have crude oil? Gosh

So that investment flows in , and the profits made can be used to invest in stuff like refinereis, etc, and government saves money

That is why subsidy removal works.

Thanks.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Mizwisdom(f): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2019
I was one of the voices, secretly praying for minimum wage not to be increased because I know they'll find a way to collect it back sad
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by bilulu(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Sirjamo:
There was no subsidy/under recovery when oil price was $40/b. Subsidy returns when oil prices began to rise above $50, crude prices are directly proportional to the landing costs of refined petroleum products
what we were told Wen oil was low was that subsidy has been removed so y re u trying to justify Wat was said? it was loudly said and published dat subsidy has been removed and that's y petrol will start selling for a higher amount.
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by bilulu(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2019
theenchanter:
we're still paying subsidy, dont get it twisted, we're not just paying over bloated figures quoted by oil marketers, nnpc is the now d sole importer of petroleum in d country.

On buying fuel ×2 d former price... dont u know we import petrol from international markets were the currency used is dollar $? How much was dollar before n now? Has naira not doubled against d dollar? how's subsidy payment more than doubled? Our subsidy payment before this administration was over 1trillion, are we now paying more or less? undecided
you guys re just saying rubbish, when did we started paying for it again after we were told it has been removed? before subsidy was budgeted for but now it's nolonger budgeted for, thanks to Dino who burst all the bubble. He told us subsidy is back and you guys denied it n here u re telling us subsidy is still being paid.... I weep for u guys n ur generations. spits
Re: FG To Look Into Gradual Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Minister by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
tactius:

So that investment flows in , and the profits made can be used to invest in stuff like refinereis, etc, and government saves money

That is why subsidy removal works.

Thanks.

No, that is a devilish way to remove subsidy.

We can build our own refineries n withdraw subsidy as our local refining pics up pace. They said we have 45 billion dollars in our Foreign reserve, just 12 billion dollars from there can land us 6 refineries in each geopolitical zone, with each processing 75 thousand barrels daily.......We are supposed to buy gasoline @ a cheap cost, like 36 naira per litre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC May Disqualify APGA From Contesting Anambra Governorship Election / Lagos State Environmentalist Complains About Quilox Again / N30bn Fund: How Fear Of Impeachment Forced Akpabio To Apologise To Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.