Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,751 members, 7,851,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

Age Diference - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Diference (910 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Diference by CHIMCO(m): 4:51am On Sep 14, 2010
My new lady refused bluntly to tell me her age. According to her she said it does not matter. Does it mean she is not interested in the new relationship? According to my estimate she may be my age mate or older. I dont feel comfortable relating wit her without knowing her age. I think a Guy should be a year or two years older. What do u think? Pls i need candid advise.
Re: Age Diference by InkedNerd(f): 4:56am On Sep 14, 2010
The woman in question, have you asked her why she doesn't want to disclose her age? Hmmm, this reminds me of a guy I met a while back. Such a sweet guy but, very reluctant to tell me his age because he was younger than me. Anyway, why should the guy be a year or two years older? What's wrong with a woman being older than a guy if/when they're dating?
Re: Age Diference by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 14, 2010
Inked what if story change to marriage?

Op that reminds of of one babe, we started like loving each other I just told her my age because looking at her she look much more younger to my age not knowing that she was even 4-5 years older and I didn't have no problem with that but to her was a diff issue as per say Nija blood dey her body,  I wonder why she don't wanna tell you her age.
Re: Age Diference by InkedNerd(f): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2010
What do you mean what if the story changes to marriage? 
Re: Age Diference by Godmother(f): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2010
CHIMCO:

My new lady refused bluntly to tell me her age. According to her she said it does not matter. Does it mean she is not interested in the new relationship? According to my estimate she may be my age mate or older. I dont feel comfortable relating wit her without knowing her age. I think a Guy should be a year or two years older. What do u think? Pls i need candid advise.

Guy ishe knows you are one of those guys that take the age thing serious and maybe she is older and that's why she's reluctant o tell you her age
Re: Age Diference by sexylogan(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

What do you mean what if the story changes to marriage?
I was gonna ask the same question undecided
Re: Age Diference by 1102(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2010
Seems uve Gone to carry your Mother's AGE MATE!
Re: Age Diference by Tosinville(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2010
Lmao! its only in yankee people believe "LOVE IS BLIND" and "AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER" o! but not in nigeria cos your family might disown you for marrying you mum's age mate and they'll end up not supporting and blessing your marriage lol
Re: Age Diference by Nenum(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^ so all those naija marriages that crumble did not get parental blessing.

This is strange but true hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Age Diference by Vic2k3(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2010
@Poster. That lady is a big [b] FOOL [/]. Sorry to say it. But i don't know why people attach so much importance to bullshit. As 4 me whether u senior me or no senior me if i want to marry u na by fire, force, brimstone e.t.c
Re: Age Diference by ugo2u(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2010
most ladies dont like dating younger men ( feel free to ask them why) but the ones I have asked say that they feel like they are more matured than the guy in question no matter what he has to offer, my guy if she doesnt want to date due to age then I suggest either letting her go or just keep trying.

Besides the thing that age doesnt matter is a hoax. for naija ladies (not all) it does.
Re: Age Diference by Kelvinj(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2010
Well poster i think she thinks her age will scare u away cos mayb she thinks u are some1 who attach So much 2 age.
Re: Age Diference by deniyor: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
She is older than you and she knows you probably have a problem with it.
Re: Age Diference by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2010
I wouldn't date a girl older than me either.
Re: Age Diference by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2010
@poster
as much as YOU may not want to date an older gal, that gal is clearly telling you that she doesnt want to date someone who value age rather than the person itself. as long as she aint underage, then knowing her age is pointless. if this is such a big deal for you, and you dont feel right about it then simply walk away!

imagine?!
example: some guy wants to marry his gal and then something as silly as age difference would have him say NO. . . . . . . . . . . . . .i would understand if she had lied about it (deceit) but i really dont understand how guy A  meets girl B and after some time believes that she is the ONE and wanting to spend the rest of his life with her, and then, suddenly turn around and say no because she is older.
Re: Age Diference by ShyOne(f): 3:00am On Sep 15, 2010
OK - I have never dated a younger man EVER and then I met HIM. I have never liked younger guys and then I met HIM. I have never dated a shorter guy and then I met HIM. He is the tallest man I ever saw, biologically speaking he's younger than I and in regards to dominance factor as a male he is so much older than I.

You know - I met the person and after talking to him for a series of months he then revealed to me that he is actually YOUNGER than I. I am sooo glad he never told me because I would have turned my back and walked away from the LOVE of my life. We are PERFECT for each other. I am glad I was able to see HIM and not his age, height, etc. I saw HIM - his qualities, his values, his dreams, his aspirations and FELL IN LOVE with this man.

I didn't know at the time and I am so grateful now that I didn't buy into the "accepted norms of the times" or "bother to LISTEN to those who won't share our bed when it's time."
Re: Age Diference by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 15, 2010
Shy-One:

OK - I have never dated a younger man EVER and then I met HIM. I have never liked younger guys and then I met HIM. I have never dated a shorter guy and then I met HIM. He is the tallest man I ever saw, biologically speaking he's younger than I and in regards to dominance factor as a male he is so much older than I.

You know - I met the person and after talking to him for a series of months he then revealed to me that he is actually YOUNGER than I. I am sooo glad he never told me because I would have turned my back and walked away from the LOVE of my life. We are PERFECT for each other. I am glad I was able to see HIM and not his age, height, etc. I saw HIM - his qualities, his values, his dreams, his aspirations and FELL IN LOVE with this man.

I didn't know at the time and I am so grateful now that I didn't buy into the "accepted norms of the times" or "bother to LISTEN to those who won't share our bed when it's time."

still wouldn't date a girl that was older than me
Re: Age Diference by noblegas2(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2010
Me likey older women O! grin
Re: Age Diference by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
noble_gas1:

Me likey older women O! grin

I do too, but not for dating.
Re: Age Diference by Orikinla(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
Younger man can marry an older woman if he can handle the challenges like Dare Art-Alade.

Younger woman can marry older man if she can cope with him like Caroline Ekanem-Danjuma.

What matters most is not even love, but mutual respect and understanding of what both of you want for your life.
Re: Age Diference by CHIMCO(m): 6:06am On Sep 17, 2010
I appreciate all ur good advises. But seriously, someone need to be sure before you take it to ur parent. If i can notice it, i wonder how my Mom wilI see it.

(1) (Reply)

Celibacy And Relationships / Playboy / My Story: Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.