Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People (1362 Views)

Are Hebrews Really Black People ? / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon / Bishop Chris Encourages The Nigerian Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
Everyday I observe the sub-saharan part of Africa of which Nigeria belongs to and all I see are hoards of black mental slaves: people who believe that Europeans, Asians and Americans are inherently better than them; people who believe that any race that isn't black is superior to the black race. People who revel in self-critiscism and self hatred; people who prefer what is foreign to what is theirs. It's a well known fact in psychology that if a person believes that someone else or a group of people are naturally better than him, maybe as a result of internalized ideas, such a person can never achieve better than this other person or group. Maybe this explains the current state of sub Sahara African. There are few factors that can explain the pathetic inferiority complex that most black people have but most pertinent of these factors is the religion of Christianity.

No religion has stripped away the pride and identity of Black Africans like Christianity. Not only is it flawed and riddled with falsities but it reinforces these inferior notions black Africans have about themselves.

I have never seen anything as painful as millions of black people who don't even know 1/10th of their own history and don't care to, but every sunday they run off to a church to learn and memorize the history of the Jews. How pathetic. There are few things that bring tears to my eyes more quickly than watching fellow black people who may not even know their own family history yet calling themselves decendants of Abraham, a Jew. Isn't this stupidity?

How can people who believe that they are the cursed decendants of a Biblical character Ham, and who believe that the God who created them, along with the supposed first two people created by God are white, ever think of themselves as equals to white people? How can people who regard the religion of Europeans as truth and their God as the one true God ever view themselves as anything but inferior to these people? I once read a psychological document on religion and self identity that asserted that if a person believes a God to be superior to him, he unconsciously attributes that superiority to the people and place from which the religion and God originate. The behavior of black Christians in Africa really legitimizes this statement.

The reason black Africans people are regarded as inferior by racists and the likes is because they act like it. When a group of people value the belief system that was foisted upon them by their enslavers and cling to this belief system like their lives depended on it, to the point of indoctrinating their children into it and placing more emphasis on this belief system than they do on education, science, health care and their own cultural history, then they are fools and the world will regard them as fools.

It's a shameful thing for black Africans to dedicate huge portions of their lives; investing time and money into worshiping a man who was born in a roman province, into a middle eastern family and who the religion erected in his name was constructed and developed by Europeans. Only people who don't have any dignity would do such a thing.

Look at the Chinese and other south eastern Asian countries. They value their own above everything else. The Europeans and American powers may hate them, but they have respect for them, something they can never have for black africa. How can anyone respect us when we can't respect ourselves? In China more than 95% of people practice religions that emerged from that region, but only about 2.5% practice Christianity and 0.3% practice Islam and this number is waning everyday. Yet you'll see Christians in Nigeria saying that they want to take the gospel, a western religion, to China. How heartbreaking.

If the obsession of black Africans with the religion of the Europeans isn't slavery of the worst kind, I don't know what is.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by FreemanUYB(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
ok
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by TVSA: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:
Everyday I observe the sub-saharan part of Africa of which Nigeria belongs to and all I see are hoards of black mental slaves: people who believe that Europeans, Asians and Americans are inherently better than them; people who believe that any race that isn't black is superior to the black race. People who revel in self-critiscism and self hatred; people who prefer what is foreign to what is theirs. It's a well known fact in psychology that if a person believes that someone else or a group of people are naturally better than him, maybe as a result of internalized ideas, such a person can never achieve better than this other person or group. Maybe this explains the current state of sub Sahara African. There are few factors that can explain the pathetic inferiority complex that most black people have but of the pertinent of this factors is the religion of Christianity.

No religion has stripped away the pride and identity of Black Africans like Christianity. Not only is it flawed and riddled with falsities but it reinforces these inferior notions black Africans have about themselves.

I have never seen anything as painful as millions of black people who don't even know 1/10th of their own history and don't care to, but every sunday they run off to a church to learn and memorize the history of Jews. How pathetic. There are few things that bring tears to my eyes more quickly than watching fellow black people who may not even know their own family history yet calling themselves decendants of Abraham, a Jew. Isn't this stupidity?

How can people who believe that they are the cursed decendants of a Biblical character Ham, and who believe that the God who created them, along with the supposed first two people who ever lived are white, ever think of themselves as equals to white people? How can people who regard the religion of Europeans as truth and their God as the one true God ever view themselves as anything but inferior to these people? I once read a psychological document on religion and self identity that asserted that if a person believes a God to be superior to him, he unconsciously automatically attributes that superiority to the people and place from which the religion and God originate. The behavior of black Christians in Africa really legitimizes this statement.

The reason black Africans people are regarded as inferior by racists and the likes is because they act like it. When a group of people value the belief system that was foisted upon them by their enslavers and cling to this belief system like their lives depended on it, to the point of indoctrinating their children into it and placing more emphasis on this belief system than they do on education, science, health care and their own cultural history, then they are fools and the world will regard them as fools.

It's a shameful thing for black Africans to dedicate huge portions of their lives; investing time and money into worshiping a man who was born in a roman province, into a middle eastern family and who the religion erected in his name was constructed and developed by Europeans. Only people who don't have any dignity would do such a thing.

Look at the Chinese and other south eastern Asian countries. They value their own above everything else. The Europeans and American powers may hate them, but they have respect for them, something they can never have for black africa. How can anyone respect us when we can't respect ourselves? In China more than 95% of people practice religions that emerged from that region, but only about 2.5% practice Christianity and 0.3% practice Islam and this number is waning everyday. Yet you'll see Christians in Nigeria saying that they want to take the gospel, a western religion, to China. How heartbreaking.

If the obsession of black Africans with the religion of the Europeans isn't slavery of the worst kind, I don't know what is.

Nigeria and India have the same colonial master but Indians didn't take up the religion of the colonial masters. Our own gods are idols why foreign gods are the true gods.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
TVSA:

Nigeria and India have the same colonial master but Indians didn't take up the religion of the colonial masters. Our own gods are idols why foreign gods are the true gods.

Wow you didn't even waste time to confirm my point.
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by TVSA: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:

Wow you didn't even waste time to confirm my point.
cheesy I wasn't trying to oppose you
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Aaronsrod: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:

I have never seen anything as painful as millions of black people who don't even know 1/10th of their own history and don't care to, but every sunday they run off to a church to learn and memorize the history of Jews. How pathetic. There are few things that bring tears to my eyes more quickly than watching fellow black people who may not even know their own family history yet calling themselves decendants of Abraham, a Jew. Isn't this stupidity?

Disgraceful and poisonous ignorace angry!

I call upon the God of Elijah to stop up the ears, eyes and mouths of our people to protect us from this blasphemy!!

Take heed, my people!

Without his blood we do not exist!

1 Like

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2019
Unfortunately, you won't find a thread like this on the front page of Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
Christianity isn't western religion either. This was why hitler fought so hard to destroy it in the name of restoring their so called western heritage..

If you guys have no hidden agenda you would also be fighting to restore our local languages and send English language back where it came from.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:

I have never seen anything as painful as millions of black people who don't even know 1/10th of their own history and don't care to, but every sunday they run off to a church to learn and memorize the history of the Jews. How pathetic. There are few things that bring tears to my eyes more quickly than watching fellow black people who may not even know their own family history yet calling themselves decendants of Abraham, a Jew. Isn't this stupidity?

Oduduwa and co must be so disappointed. I don't even know anything about Africa before the colonial era. Please can anyone suggest books on the history of Africa before the colonial era?
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by HappyPagan: 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Christianity isn't western religion either. This was why hitler fought so hard to destroy it in the name of restoring their so called western heritage..
this man with closed eyes, whose eyes are you opening sef? grin grin grin grin what is the use of open eyes when you live in darkness?

For isn't that what ignorance is? Lack of information. But what you suffer is worse - malformed thinking from wrong information.

But, by your closing statement, it's clear your mind is made up - anything not in favor of Christ must be evil.

For in your mind, Christ is good and lovely, and necessary. Any tongue that speaks against your dead Savior must be evil and of Satan.

and you think you are thinking? You aren't. You are only reflecting the thoughts of the Bible. If the Bible is wrong, you are wrong.

but how can you reject the Bible? That would mean destroying the pillar that holds your life, your world view, your thinking, your 'you'.

Maybe, one day, you will reason properly and stop wishing to lay your head in the bosoms of Abraham. Maybe, one day, you will connect to your past, and your ancestors, before they knew Christ, before the Cross became their curse, before their minds were covered in the blood of Jesus...

6 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

If you guys have no hidden agenda you would also be fighting to restore our local languages and send English language back where it came from.

Why do you think Christianity isn't western?

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:

Why do you think Christianity isn't western?
Do your research. Maybe Google the origin of Christianity. . Western nations where pagans like Africans and the rest of the world.
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Do your research.
Maybe Google the origin of Christianity.
Western nations where pagans like Africans and the rest of the world.

I know western nations were originally pagan but this doesn't mean that the present form of Christianity being practiced wasn't developed in the west.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:

I know western religions were originally pagan but this doesn't mean that the present form of Christianity being practiced wasn't developed in the west.

Reading the Bible and preaching the Gospel in churches weren't developed in the west.
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Reading the Bible and preaching the Gospel in churches weren't developed in the west.

What? Protestantism wasn't developed in the west? Are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by HappyPagan: 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
raptex:
Oduduwa and co must be so disappointed. I don't even know anything about Africa before the colonial era. Please can anyone suggest books on the history of Africa before the colonial era?

I was 21 before I realized how useless my mind was, filled with tales of Abraham and his people. I felt closer to Israel and Mecca, had no interest in my past or history. How foolish I was.

The first book I read was The Autobiography of Malcolm X. It was the first book that gave me some 'connection' to black stories in America, at least beyond the 'MTV and gangster" vibes I was used to.

The Lost Cities of Africa by Basil Davidson is also another good read. The Miseducation of the Negro by Goodson (I cant quite remember the authors name now) was another good read - has nothing on pre-colonial era though, more an american tale of miseducation which i found similar to whats going on in the education system in Nigeria now.

It's my firm belief that the colonialists may have left our lands in the physical, but left behind their thoughts in our educational system. I grew up singing silly songs like "London bridge is falling down" (wetin concern me?) and "Abraham's blessings are mine".. imagine, millions of african children singing about the blessings of some Jewish shepherd long dead.

if the minds are containers, the african mind remains possessed by an infiltrator. the foreign religions are these infiltrators. Until our education systems give priority to African thoughts and ideas, we would continue to be ruled by ideas born overseas.

thank you. bye. have a great weekend.

6 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
Blockdock90:

What? Protestantism wasn't developed in the west? Are you kidding me?

What does the church protesting against the Pope and going back to its original ways of worship got to do with the West?
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

What does the church protesting against the Pope and going back to its original ways of worship got to do with the West?

I'm sure you just googled what Protestantism is lol

Where did this protesting against the Catholic church happen? The east?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
HappyPagan:

I was 21 before I realized how useless my mind was, filled with tales of Abraham and his people. I felt closer to Israel and Mecca, had no interest in my past or history. How foolish I was.

The first book I read was The Autobiography of Malcolm X. It was the first book that gave me some 'connection' to black stories in America, at least beyond the 'MTV and gangster" vibes I was used to.

The Lost Cities of Africa by Basil Davidson is also another good read. The Miseducation of the Negro by Goodson (I cant quite remember the authors name now) was another good read - has nothing on pre-colonial era though, more an american tale of miseducation which i found similar to whats going on in the education system in Nigeria now.

It's my firm belief that the colonialists may have left our lands in the physical, but left behind their thoughts in our educational system. I grew up singing silly songs like "London bridge is falling down" (wetin concern me?) and "Abraham's blessings are mine".. imagine, millions of african children singing about the blessings of some Jewish shepherd long dead.

if the minds are containers, the african mind remains possessed by an infiltrator. the foreign religions are these infiltrators. Until our education systems give priority to African thoughts and ideas, we would continue to be ruled by ideas born overseas.

Your gods are liars, blooodsuckers, oppressors, hell dwellers, and thieves
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Dantedasz(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Hitler was a Christian. A Roman Catholic. Stop misinforming people and do a little research.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Adolf_Hitler/Hitler%2527s_religious_beliefs&ved=2ahUKEwia_-iPkcvhAhUk6uAKHcA4BfMQFjALegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3Unvz25bNJ5jL_ZCHorYMO
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Dantedasz(m): 7:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
raptex:

You could start with the book-a ground work of Nigerian History by Professor Obaro Ikime.
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
Dantedasz:

Hitler was a Christian. A Roman Catholic. Stop misinforming people and do a little research.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Adolf_Hitler/Hitler%2527s_religious_beliefs&ved=2ahUKEwia_-iPkcvhAhUk6uAKHcA4BfMQFjALegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3Unvz25bNJ5jL_ZCHorYMO

He banned prayers in schools, destroyed crosses, admired charles darwin's work. He wasn't Christian.
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Dantedasz(m): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

He banned prayers in schools, destroyed crosses, admired charles darwin's work. He wasn't Christian.

I have given you a link. Hitler was a Christian and a Roman Catholic.
I am not ready to bang my head against a concrete wall arguing with you this night please. Google is your best pal when researching Hitler's religious leanings.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I haven't seen anyone as dogmatic as you on Nairaland. The worse kind of ignorance is to believe that you see whereas are blind. Open your eyes!

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by HappyPagan: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Your gods are liars, blooodsuckers, oppressors, hell dwellers, and thieves
Liars
Jeremiah 4:10
Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

blooodsuckers
2 Kings 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, 'Give up your son so we may eat him,' but she had hidden him."

I want to go on.. but.. it wouldn't change a thing. I'm speaking to the bible not you. cheesy
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
Dantedasz:

I have given you a link. Hitler was a Christian and a Roman Catholic.
I am not ready to bang my head against a concrete wall arguing with you this night please. Google is your best pal when researching Hitler's religious leanings.

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by OpenYourEyes1: 8:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
HappyPagan:

2 Kings 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, 'Give up your son so we may eat him,' but she had hidden him."

I want to go on.. but.. it wouldn't change a thing. I'm speaking to the bible not you. cheesy

"The king replied, “If the LORD does not help you, where can I get help for you? From the threshing floor? From the winepress?” Then he asked her, “What’s the matter?”
She answered, “This woman said to me, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we’ll eat my son.’ So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.” 2 Kings 6:27-29
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by HappyPagan: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

"The king replied, “If the LORD does not help you, where can I get help for you? From the threshing floor? From the winepress?” Then he asked her, “What’s the matter?”
She answered, “This woman said to me, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we’ll eat my son.’ So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.” 2 Kings 6:27-29
Already making excuses for his Jewish overlords. If the verse had been Africans, it would have confirmed the negative stereotypes he holds of his own ancestors.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
Yes, Op, just like Islam also does.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2019
HappyPagan:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2019
Dantedasz:

You could start with the book-a ground work of Nigerian History by Professor Obaro Ikime.
Thanks
Re: Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People by Dantedasz(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plea For A Christian Moderator For A Christianity Section / Right Now I Believe There Is No God.. / Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.